PDA

View Full Version : InstallShield Error

Timmoth
23rd Jan 2011, 04:53
I've been trying to install B:AA for the last 4 hours. My system passes all the recommended requirements on the game's box (Win7 64 bit, Quad Core i7, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon 5770 1GB, plenty of HD space), but I keep getting the following message during the InstallShield Wizard:

---------------------
An error (-5006 : 0x800700b7) has occurred while running the setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Eidos Interactive Limited
(www.eidos.com).
---------------------

So here I am.

I've already been to the InstallShield website and followed some of their guides, ie. opened Task Manager and closed all other Applications, and also closed certain Processes they listed, but nothing stops this message coming up again.

I also sent this message to the listed email address on the Eidos support page for my region but it got returned by the 'postmaster' as delivery failed... :(

Marcus
24th Jan 2011, 10:48
Try copying the contents of the DVD (assuming this is an install from DVD) to a temporary directory on the hard drive, and installing from there instead,

Timmoth
24th Jan 2011, 14:15
Thanks Marcus. I tried that but no luck.

Eidos support suggested I change my InstallShield folder in programs/commonfiles to InstallShieldx' to cause a fresh install version, but no luck there either.

I'm awaiting their further reply now...

Eidos Support
25th Jan 2011, 11:44
Have you tried installing the game on another PC? It may be an idea to try this in case there is a disk fault causing your issue.

Timmoth
26th Jan 2011, 07:37
I don't have access to another PC at the moment.
Maybe I should take the DVD back and try another copy?

Eidos Support
27th Jan 2011, 11:36
Try creating a new Windows account on your PC, with full administrative rights, log in to this new account and try installing from here. You should also try disabling UAC, instructions can be found here (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/) on how to do this.

If you still have no luck, and you still cannot try the disc in another PC, then you may be best to return it to the retailer for a replacement.