PDA

View Full Version : Something that didn't make sense to me

DamianGraham
19th Jan 2011, 21:24
Okay, so the podcast says that CD is still searching for a voice actress to play Lara, they don't have one at the moment... but, if you read through the game informer article... The author who played the demo clearly quotes Lara speaking, and "screaming". so... if they don't have a voice actress how do they have her speaking/yelling in the demo? :)

Ants_27_
19th Jan 2011, 22:35
Okay, so the podcast says that CD is still searching for a voice actress to play Lara, they don't have one at the moment... but, if you read through the game informer article... The author who played the demo clearly quotes Lara speaking, and "screaming". so... if they don't have a voice actress how do they have her speaking/yelling in the demo? :)

Well they will probably just use parts audio from the old games and whatnot for now just for demo purposes until they find somebody to actually provide their voice to the dialogue in the script.:D

Keir
19th Jan 2011, 22:57
Or they may have got a voice actress to record cool place holding acting :whistle:

Pulse
20th Jan 2011, 00:14
I was thinking placeholder.

jtr7
20th Jan 2011, 02:36
Placeholder temp tracks are the norm, and often done by in-house employees, like a receptionist, a programmer, a playtester, etc. They may even use auditioning voice-actors, but that's tricky with unions and requires contracts in-house employees don't apply to. A voice-actor may be hired, and then have to quit before the work is complete, for many reasons.

Rachie
20th Jan 2011, 06:08
Or they may have got a voice actress to record cool place holding acting :whistle:

Please tell me we will get to hear/see some of that! :D

Kami
20th Jan 2011, 11:22
well they probably have temporary voices so that they know how the game wil go, still testing. THAT or they are lying to us :p

LC is Me
20th Jan 2011, 19:23
or they may have got a voice actress to record cool place holding acting :whistle:orly?

Pietras
21st Jan 2011, 05:32
Placeholder voice overs. The rumor goes around Keir provided the voice :naughty:

Keir
21st Jan 2011, 09:55
Placeholder voice overs. The rumor goes around Keir provided the voice :naughty:

Bwahaha! :lol:

The voice may or may not actually sound really great to me - but Crystal have particularly high standards. Maybe Scott will be able to release some of these placeholder files waaaay down the line if anyone is interested.

DamianGraham
22nd Jan 2011, 17:20
haha I see now I wasn't aware devs did that. I got my hopes up thinking CD may be tricking us and they had an actress all along :P Keir... as lara croft.... hmmm I'm gonna say i like that idea! :D lmao, but yeah that would be really cool to hear the placeholder files maybe they should include in some sort of bonus gallery after completing the game? or a special features section? I'm hoping they decide to keep that... ie.. unlockable content, galleries etc. thanks for clarifying though everyone :)

Rachie
23rd Jan 2011, 01:20
Maybe Scott will be able to release some of these placeholder files waaaay down the line if anyone is interested.

Eeeeverybody loves Behind the Scenes/Making of bonuses! :D

DamianGraham
24th Jan 2011, 02:34
Eeeeverybody loves Behind the Scenes/Making of bonuses! :D

I second that!!!

Cheese is nice.
26th Jan 2011, 07:32
Bwahaha! :lol:

The voice may or may not actually sound really great to me - but Crystal have particularly high standards. Maybe Scott will be able to release some of these placeholder files waaaay down the line if anyone is interested.

Keir. I don't believe I have been able to tell you how rediculously awesome you are. Consider yourself informed in this matter.:flowers: I like how you just causally slipped in the placeholder tidbit. I have an idea. Can a man play Lara?!?!? Cause I'll do it!! Keely Hawes aint got nothing on my deliveries!!! :lol: Hahahaha aha aha ha . . . Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah.:cool: