PDA

View Full Version : Spiders?!?!?

JPYoung1991
19th Jan 2011, 16:28
This is gonna sound so lame, but Underworld was ruined for me because of my over the top phobia of Spiders. LOL

I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is gonna involve spiders. HA

It looks like it will, because of the web things she hanging in.:hmm::confused:

If anyone could shed any light that would be so helpful...

larafan25
19th Jan 2011, 20:18
The web things turned to canvas sacks, or so the GI article implied. I'm not aware of any evidence leading to such a conclusion, however if we got a spider trap similar to that of Core's TRAE then I'd be happy.

The way to get over such a fear is too confront it.

A lot of spider fears have less to do with danger and more to to with appearance.

Pulse
20th Jan 2011, 00:17
I do NOT want giant mutant spiders. Not because they scare, but because it's all a tad lame.

_Love2Raid_
20th Jan 2011, 00:47
I don´t know if there will be spiders again. Seems a bit hard, with the manual aim. Unless they are big, like the ones in TRU Mexico. But those weren´t even spiders, they were crabs. :p

Error96_
20th Jan 2011, 02:27
Not sure if there will be spiders in TR:SIB. I never thought the ones in TRU were that scary and the TR2 ones are definately worse. Know the concept of TR:SIB is about a young Lara facing scary things and geting through it so guess if it scares then that is perhaps the intention. The web she was seen tied up in, in some pictures was just ropes I think though rather than a spiders web.

TrickyVein
20th Jan 2011, 06:47
The way to get over such a fear is too confront it.

A lot of spider fears have less to do with danger and more to to with appearance.

:hmm:

A phobia by definition is irrational. One cannot expect to simply overcome his irrational fear of spiders by confronting it, as you say. You're appealing to a logic that isn't there in the first place.

Do you see why your comment is probably insensitive?

Silvermoth
20th Jan 2011, 07:02
I also have a fear of spiders so I'm right there with you OP.

JPYoung1991
20th Jan 2011, 15:42
The small ones I could kinda deal with. But i did wince alot LOL. But literally as soon as you enter the tomb and the first giant Spider came out, I stopped playing, and haven't actually completed it. Thank god for the wii version...

I hope you are all right, because being a big old wimp, I will not play it. HAHA

BraveNewGuy
20th Jan 2011, 18:45
Yep they should bring them back but only the small ones :rolleyes:

LC is Me
20th Jan 2011, 19:25
As long as there aren't clowns in the game...we're fine.

JPYoung1991
20th Jan 2011, 19:48
If there were clowns and giant spiders, id probably crud myself.

LC is Me
20th Jan 2011, 23:25
If there were clowns and giant spiders, id probably crud myself.

What about...CLOWN SPIDERS?

shudddeerrrr

_Love2Raid_
21st Jan 2011, 00:48
The small ones I could kinda deal with. But i did wince alot LOL. But literally as soon as you enter the tomb and the first giant Spider came out, I stopped playing, and haven't actually completed it. Thank god for the wii version...

I hope you are all right, because being a big old wimp, I will not play it. HAHA
Are you playing the PC version by any chance? :)

JPYoung1991
21st Jan 2011, 15:36
Xbox 360 version. So the screen isnt even near me HAHA

Arnar
21st Jan 2011, 16:55
I hate when the tomb raider levels have tiny enemies, it's not even a challenge for the player. Like in Tomb Raider Anniversary, the bats and rats were so lame, there were to few enemies and the game was to easy.

_Love2Raid_
21st Jan 2011, 23:08
Xbox 360 version. So the screen isnt even near me HAHA
Oh, well in that case I can´t do much for you. :(

(If you were playing the PC version, I could mod the spiders for you to make them less realistic. Maybe bright pink, or yellow with a smiley face on their back... :flowers:)