PDA

View Full Version : Types of giveaways you'd all like to see

sok27
18th Jan 2011, 22:33
Hi Everyone:

We are going to be having a few contests and promotions in the future and I wanted to ask what kind of prizes you would all like to see.

Examples:

Shirts
Posters
Hats
Mugs, cups, glasses
Games
Codes for DLC

Let me know so we can begin to give you all chances to win cool Crystal and Tomb Raider items.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Fernandez
Commuinty Manager
www.crystald.com
sfernandez@crystald.com
twitter - @sokrox
360 - sok27
PS3 - mcdaze

AdobeArtist
19th Jan 2011, 00:27
I suppose a date with future movie Lara Croft, Summer Glau (or so I hope) would be asking too much? :p:o:o:o

Pietras
19th Jan 2011, 00:33
Game, Codes for DLC and High Quality Posters are definitely on top of the list.

Asking a question CD can't dodge would also be a great prize :D

Flintmelody
19th Jan 2011, 01:12
I am a collector of lots of TR stuff. In terms of the image based items though I wouldn't want to win say a poster or cup with a battered Lara image on it. Would though want them with Lara from the other CD games on.

Top of my list to win are Lara Figures or small Lara dolls.

In terms of DLC I think CD must tread carefully as the exclusivity on the TRU DLC really annoyed a lot of other console gamers causing debates on the forums that lasted months. Having said that there is one DLC I would really really want to win... A Classic Outfit DLC. I would even pay as much as the game again to get that.

sok27
19th Jan 2011, 01:23
thanks everyone, keep them coming...

Have a great night!

Cheers,

Scott

jtr7
19th Jan 2011, 06:39
Behind-the-scenes exclusives (inclusives).

Silvermoth
19th Jan 2011, 07:04
Holidays to the most exotic and wild locations on Earth? :D

MaxRaider
19th Jan 2011, 07:18
A life size statue! Maybe one of the new Lara! :nut:

The_Underworld
19th Jan 2011, 07:27
A trailer or some screenshots for the upcoming game? A remake of AOD? Or how about non-exclusive DLC? :whistle:

Autographed items wouldn't be that bad, or action figures. Or you could give away sealed copies of previous TR games. (The classic/TR 1-5 games?:)) I wouldn't mind trying to win a copy of TR1. :flowers:

You could also give away a trip to CD/SE to see the production of the game, or give away a few copies of the game before the official release date. One can dream. :p

Ants_27_
19th Jan 2011, 07:41
Go with cups for me!

Cause I'm led to believe us British folk drink far to much tea! Not that we don't have any cups as it is but ya know, an extra one wouldn't go a miss!:lol:

GoranAgar
19th Jan 2011, 08:12
Shirts - sure
Posters
Hats - Hats are always fun.
Mugs, cups, glasses - gimme
Games - what?
Codes for DLC

The one thing I always wanted to see is a pencil case or back pack in the design of the classic medi packs.

A life size statue! Maybe one of the new Lara! :nut:
I do not have room for a fifth. ;)

mushroom079
19th Jan 2011, 09:10
OOOHHHH - TR accessories!

iPhone / iPad cases

(EVEN THOU IT WASN'T ON THE LIST! :rasp:)

Games, D/L CONTENT and Apparel please!!

I like the office utilities too - pens, staplers, mouse pads and the MIDIPACK PENCIL CASE sounds awesome!
But it needs a few accessories - the ZIPPER has to have bling.
The sound of the found secret FROM THE ps1 TR everytime you open the pencil case....
Do I get an oooohhhh ahhhhh?

T-Shirt needs to be silver and/or gold logo - bling!

IT'S GOTTA BE BLING!

ohhh - and a peak at the TRAILER BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE!

Scott - when will we be more than likely to see a trailer?

GoranAgar
19th Jan 2011, 11:02
Oh, and Scott, you should familiarize yourself with what has been done how already on my website: http://www.goranagar.com/TR/Coll/TombCollection.html

Keir
19th Jan 2011, 11:11
We are going to be having a few contests and promotions in the future and I wanted to ask what kind of prizes you would all like to see.

Cool idea :cool:

Oh, and Scott, you should familiarize yourself with what has been done how already on my website: http://www.goranagar.com/TR/Coll/TombCollection.html

That's such an amazing collection http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/w/wow.gif

Kami
19th Jan 2011, 11:17
Surprise us! :p

But personally what i want the most is to have TR9 play-testing in other countries too. Like England perhaps? http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/Smilies/battinge.gif

Keir
19th Jan 2011, 11:47
Surprise us! :p

But personally what i want the most is to have TR9 play-testing in other countries too. Like England perhaps? http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/Smilies/battinge.gif

I will try and run a London community day for TR shortly before release. You must come! There's a good chance this kinda thing will happen in Hamburg and Paris too (but there aren't concrete plans yet) :)

GoranAgar
19th Jan 2011, 12:14
... Hamburg ...
Yes, please. :)

brand.seph
19th Jan 2011, 13:45
Lara's Real Gun. Without Bullets.
Just for imitation.:cool:

Danielsun_
19th Jan 2011, 14:26
Shirts and posters take my fancy, key rings never fail ;)

Oooo community day in London heck yeah :D

Kami
19th Jan 2011, 14:30
I will try and run a London community day for TR shortly before release. You must come! There's a good chance this kinda thing will happen in Hamburg and Paris too (but there aren't concrete plans yet) :)

:o would be great!

TrickyVein
19th Jan 2011, 14:59
A cup. Not just any cup, but a mug.

And for a design feature in general - on a mug, or a shirt, I'd like to have the Croft family's coat of arms, or whatever they call it.

Kami
19th Jan 2011, 15:02
Desktop figurines are always nice too

dark7angel
19th Jan 2011, 15:35
I suppose a date with future movie Lara Croft, Summer Glau (or so I hope) would be asking too much? :p:o:o:o

Ahah! Good one!!! ;)

High Quality Posters (of the new Lara!), Games/DLC, a statue like this one link (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2000261&ref=search1111) or the Tomb Raider comic book series by Top Cow! That would be nice!!! :cool: Even better would be a new TR comic series!!! :D

Pietras
19th Jan 2011, 15:57
A trailer or some screenshots for the upcoming game?

Not very good, it should be something you can't immediately leak on the internet. Wouldn't be much of a prize when everybody else would have that 5 seconds later.

RoombelinaUK
19th Jan 2011, 17:48
Hi Everyone:

Examples:

Shirts
Posters
Hats
Mugs, cups, glasses
Games
Codes for DLC

Let me know so we can begin to give you all chances to win cool Crystal and Tomb Raider items.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Fernandez
Commuinty Manager
www.crystald.com
sfernandez@crystald.com
twitter - @sokrox
360 - sok27
PS3 - mcdaze

Perhaps a life-size replica of Lara's pickaxe? It'd do wonders against street perverts...

beretta
19th Jan 2011, 20:00
a statue of the new Lara:nut:

larafan25
19th Jan 2011, 20:14
FIGURES! D:

Or posters.

Kamikun
19th Jan 2011, 20:23
Since we have already seen such amazing pre-rendered artworks, it's pretty obvious: A high-quality artbook! May be as part of a limited edition? Together with a 1/6 scale Lara statue? :)

Error96_
20th Jan 2011, 02:10
The artbooks and figures are the best idea's. Know I would love a moveable 5"-7" figure of a young Lara or a TR series antagonist to join my collection.

Some of the other items only have short term appeal eg hats and hopefully we would all buy the game anyway

jtr7
20th Jan 2011, 02:31
Follow Irrational's example, eh?

GoranAgar
20th Jan 2011, 11:39
Here is what the German forum members came up with so far. Find the original thread in German here: http://www.eidosforum.de/showthread.php?p=875422

Tomb Raider statues, not only from Lara, other characters too.
collectors edition of the game
soundtrack CD
a map with working compass
a Lara statue one can take apart to mimik the different types of death (I know, leave it to us Germans to bring the fun back into dolls)
deskop statue of Lara
action figures
a little diorama of the island
a board game
big Tomb Raider banner
lifesize statue
Laras necklace from the renders (excellent suggestion I think)
Tomb Raider watch
wall calender
art book
original design back pack

The suggestions in bold were mentioned more than once

n4Play
20th Jan 2011, 12:16
Thanks Goran, good work :D

sok27
20th Jan 2011, 16:41
I cannot give you an exact date about the trailer, but we are working on it. As soon as we have a date I will let y'all know.

Cheers,

Scott

Kami
20th Jan 2011, 17:37
I think a necklace like the one Lara is wearing would be very cool!

Just like with the 1st Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney made Aztec coin necklaces like that. There are even silver ones! :D A cool thing and very geeky in a non-obvious way, which is the perfect kind of geeky :p

EDIT: OH! thought of another one - a Tomb Raider Survival kit! :D

sok27
21st Jan 2011, 01:19
would love to come, keep me informed!

sok27
21st Jan 2011, 01:38
Thanks Goran, great information...

AdobeArtist
21st Jan 2011, 01:52
So many fantastic suggestions. My favorites being statues, replica guns and the pick axe (I can see so many law suits from that one, lol).

The only thing I can think to add would be custom art game controllers for 360, PS3, and Wii. And a mouse pad for the PC gamers.

Rachie
21st Jan 2011, 02:07
I really like the idea of the necklace. :thumb:

We were discussing the same sort of thing over at the Thief forums, and they came up with the cool idea of having the actual tools/items/weapons from the game, but with some cool gimmicky use.

Like having a med pack that could be used as a bag, or as Goran suggested, a pencilcase.

Or some sort of artifact as a clock.

Or even the ice pick that could be a bottle opener.

I dunno, something like that. It would be really cool for cosplay/collection purposes. How cool would it be to say that you have an actual item from the game in your hands? :D

beretta
21st Jan 2011, 10:13
Goran thank you, good job :D

Marluxia15
21st Jan 2011, 12:49
There are so many different types of Tomb Raider merchandise, that it's hard to pick. Some of these are probably repeats, but these are what I think would make cool prizes:

Tomb Raider statues sound cool. I've always wanted one of my own, like the life-sized one that guy has in his office.

Posters are a must. If they come out with posters for the game, I would definitely buy some, so they would make a really cool prize. Maybe we could even have the developers sign the posters to make it worth even more!

T-shirts, definitely. If T-shirts aren't sold for Tomb Raider 9, I'll be screen-printing my own! I would love to have the new Lara on my chest all day. ;)

I liked the idea of the necklace. Lara has a very intricate necklace in Tomb Raider, which I think has some sort of role in the game, because it is so well-crafted, but back to the point, I think we should have it produced and have some sent out as prizes. I would love a Lara necklace.

How about the entire series of games, one set for each system in original jewel cases w/ boxes? I think it's kind of sentimental. Tomb Raider is being rebooted, so one of the prizes could go back to the roots.

Awhile ago, I also listened to a podcast where the person who could guess from which game, and level a certain sound effect came from in the entire series, would win one of those gaming cabinets featuring all three TR games, plus LCGoL, complete with an Xbox 360 and specially-designed look. That could be a cool grand prize.

What do you think of my ideas?

Gemma_Darkmoon_
22nd Jan 2011, 03:16
A new Lara action figure with arms and legs that you can move and survival accessories. Something similar to the player select ones for TRL/TRU. I always wanted an Amanda one too but never found one.

Anything that is signed by the game's developers would also be good like copies of the game or artwork.

aussie500
28th Jan 2011, 07:30
I like DLC codes, Calendars and Art books. I usually already have the game, or would not risk missing out on it and have already pre-ordered it. Although a special Collectors Edition of the game would be nice, perhaps with something unique for the competition, like a signed poster.

Those nice watermen pens used to look good, and I liked the collectable card set (with the classic renders) that was released in Japan, although I have yet to get my own. I have both the movie card sets so I would love a collectable card set containing the Crystal Dynamics concept art and renders.

Cheese is nice.
28th Jan 2011, 08:28
I for one would really love to be able to take a tour of the studio and see the awesomeness of this new game being developed in all of its polygonal glory. Meeting the crew that have created my all time favorite game would be AMAZING and even throw in meeting TOBY GAURD!!!!(I hope I spelled that right.:D)But yeah, seeing some of the intense work that goes into making the game would mean a LOT to me and would create some awesome memories!!! Do this idea!!!! PLEASE!!!!:flowers:

Kami
28th Jan 2011, 11:32
How about the entire series of games, one set for each system in original jewel cases w/ boxes? I think it's kind of sentimental. Tomb Raider is being rebooted, so one of the prizes could go back to the roots.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

GeorgeMaciver
28th Jan 2011, 16:50
Underworld DLC for PC :)

aussie500
28th Jan 2011, 22:53
Fans like all sorts of collectables, how about giving us a chance to win one of those marketing kits you do for the media? A good one with the digital pics, cinematic trailer on a nice disc, flyers, info on the game and advertising material?

SE_Cath
1st Feb 2011, 10:58
On French forums (http://www.captain-alban.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27258), people answered :

1 - Action figures
2 - Clothes (shirts,...)
3 - Books (artbook, comic book)
4 - Other (see below)
5 - Electronic hardware (custom gamepads, etc)

In the "Other" category, people asked for :
- A bonus DVD
- Weapons replicas, such as the bow, the climbing axe
- Replicas of the possible relics/artefacts of this game
- Lara's necklace (I like that too)
- Lara's watch (I like that less XD)
- A miniature model of the Endurance
- A mug
- A key holder

Mostly people tend to ask a collector's edition with these items :)

Oh, and someone asked for a brand of biscuits called Endurance that would break when dpped in coffee...;)

Tuneit
9th Feb 2011, 00:16
I really like all the suggestions from the German forum.
Here are my favourite suggestions:
Artbook
CD with Soundtrack

And the one i think would be incridibly awesome:
Replica of the Relics/Artifacts as Clara said.
The artifacts from Tomb Raider has always been extremely beautiful and i'd love to have one of them in my room!

Great suggestions all of you!

Red Meat
9th Feb 2011, 22:20
I have to say im likin' the idea of the Soundtrack CD.

Plus i think some behind the scenes/making of content might be cool, ken.?

Or maybe a replica pair of lara's boots.. :D :lol:

marychase
10th Feb 2011, 20:42
Love the artbook idea..also, a figurine of the new lara overlooking the wreck of the ship. (like a diorama?) . The necklace would be a very original and cool item too..

I had a nice TR merch collection but had to give it all away since I'm moving to england next month..:(

Rachie
11th Feb 2011, 00:30
I had a nice TR merch collection but had to give it all away since I'm moving to england next month..:(

Oh, you poor person. :( That's awful.

I've noticed a definite theme with the necklace though, Scott, for future reference. ;)

Arianacii
11th Feb 2011, 17:16
i have a question... on which countries giveaways can be?

like...Greece,Italy,Cyprus

plz answer me because i dont know if u can send to my country :confused:

hiMe
12th Feb 2011, 20:22
Anything :D ...that I can feel...

DO IT! I'll wear my Lara Shirt and boots. Too cold to wear shorts D:

RosePetals
13th Feb 2011, 15:22
Lara's new necklace in the upcoming game looks sweet. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on that. Kinda geeky but neat. :)

Charlie.T.Raider
24th Feb 2011, 01:43
Would love to see signed photos or action figures

Rhanyan
19th Mar 2011, 19:52
My favorites would be:
A cup, or a stein featuring the "new" Lara
A figurine of the "new" Lara

Have a good day.

aragorn2
20th Mar 2011, 00:19
Figures, hats, posters, artbooks,magazines, comics, soundtrack, cups, stickers, replicas.

WinterSoldierLTE
20th Mar 2011, 03:45
I like the idea of the replica of artifacts and relics and I'll put my vote behind that. After that, I'd settle for action figures or glasses/mugs. If you go w/ action figures tho, please go with McFarlane. That'd be sweet.

SylvesterFox
20th Mar 2011, 03:49
The newer (especially the newest) games would be nice.

Or some high quality posters.

But a collectible Lara figure/figurine would be at the top of my list.

Natla
20th Mar 2011, 07:11
I'd like something made from metal and/or stone. A coin? Jewelry? A stone figurine?

Kovaelin
20th Mar 2011, 07:13
Lara's new necklace in the upcoming game looks sweet. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on that. Kinda geeky but neat. :)

Indeed. I would like one of those.

Natla
20th Mar 2011, 07:25

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magatama

mywitheredeye
20th Mar 2011, 08:07
REALLY love the mug/cup idea. Never thought of that. Posters/shirts always welcome.

Sina_Croft
20th Mar 2011, 10:08
The one thing I always wanted to see is a pencil case or back pack in the design of the classic medi packs.

I do not have room for a fifth. ;)

Just make room!! xD (But I'm not sure something like that would make it, expensive and huge. I've got my own, but the original is still on eBay for like $5k ><.

A day at the office would be nice, yes :) Those Codes for DLC, suck, sorry I got one and was glad, but I like the touchie-thing more. Most of the times the fans already got everything that is to buy :P ( Especially if it is part of the game or such) :)

jtr7
20th Mar 2011, 10:27
Not to be greedy or anything, but making the game really count, and having an experience that fires on all cylinders to make other companies and projects take notes, is the best treat I could hope for. Giveaways won't fix that if it's not working and just makes me think there's too much something in one area and that could probably be used elsewhere better. Again, not to be entitled or obligating, but putting the love of the game at the top, over the love of gaming and shelves of stuff and other consumerist focuses, the experience and the imagination spawning inspiration that grows far beyond the finite space on shelves and hard drives, and outliving the finite lives of code and machines and the actual time spent playing, are among the greatest gifts to give in regards to a game.

xXTombRaiderXx
7th Apr 2011, 11:29
Hi Everyone:

Examples:

Shirts
Posters
Hats
Mugs, cups, glasses
Games
Codes for DLC

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Fernandez
Commuinty Manager
www.crystald.com
sfernandez@crystald.com
twitter - @sokrox
360 - sok27
PS3 - mcdazeAll of them lol , well mostly posters , DLC , :)

xXTombRaiderXx
7th Apr 2011, 11:31
The newer (especially the newest) games would be nice.

Or some high quality posters.

But a collectible Lara figure/figurine would be at the top of my list.

I would also love a Lara croft figure :) that would be cool :D !!

Angy1996
9th Apr 2011, 14:25

i want that necklace so badly :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( wish i could have it :( :( :( :( and the backpack but mostly that necklace