PDA

View Full Version : PC - USB Gamepad support for DX3??

aliko
17th Jan 2011, 18:10
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if the USB joysticks will be supported on the PC version?

I have (probably) the most popular Dual Action™ USB Gamepad from Logitech and since I am planning to get a new big monitor was drooling over an idea to play DX3 using a joystick. Yeah, I know that muse&Keyboard is the best way to go... but sometimes I like to just kick back and let my back a little rest while laying something kickass. :)

http://www.maxchoose.com/images/v/201005/12752751670.jpg

So what do you think?

I say support it or at least give us a patch. Many people will be very happy... and come on, HOW HARD CAN IT BE??

Just let us connect the USB joystick and use the PS3 or XBox360 settings automatically, I say it's like 1 hour work for one engineer to get this **** implemented and few more hours of testing.

Come on guys! :)

mad825
17th Jan 2011, 19:49
To be fair, I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Don't take that out of offensive but I don't know any PC game that comes precoded for any controller except for the 360 game-pad. As much I like it for being compatible it can easily be done by you [the user].

Otherwise I won't expect it to happen, it isn't a major loss for me anyway.

Rindill the Red
17th Jan 2011, 20:48
Come on guys! :)

Yeah, we already got confirmation that they will support the Xbox 360 controller natively as well as other usb gamepads.

K^2
18th Jan 2011, 03:38
I have one of these. It tends to work poorly with some games built for 360 controller. Not sure why. Other than that, Direct Input does work with it, so it's a possibility.

The interface on PC version will be built around kbd+mouse, though. So using gamepad might prove to be extremely inconvenient. E.g. having to switch between controller and mouse for certain interactions.

pha
18th Jan 2011, 14:29
They were mumbling about higher enemy hitpoints on PC due to "easier aiming with a mouse". If that's the case, using a controller on PC will be nothing but gimping yourself. Unless there will be a 1-1 controller toggle which will change the enemy hitpoints or perhaps the interface.

Rindill the Red
19th Jan 2011, 03:55
They were mumbling about higher enemy hitpoints on PC due to "easier aiming with a mouse". If that's the case, using a controller on PC will be nothing but gimping yourself. Unless there will be a 1-1 controller toggle which will change the enemy hitpoints or perhaps the interface.

I figure it'll switch "modes" for using a controller. Just my guess though. I wouldn't be bothered either way.

I have a 360 controller for PC gaming, and I'll use it on certain games that are just better suited for it (Mirror's Edge, Grand Theft Auto, Batman: Arkham Asylum, etc.)

But I'll have to wait till I get DX:HR and try both before I can tell whether I'll play with mouse and keyboard or 360 controller. It's a lot nicer to relax on the couch in front of the TV after a long days work and play some DX, rather than sit up straight in front of a computer... but I like doing both.

SomaMech
19th Jan 2011, 12:41
Just a quick question: Why?!

VectorM
19th Jan 2011, 13:07
Because he wants to?

Shralla
19th Jan 2011, 20:39
I have a 360 controller for PC gaming, and I'll use it on certain games that are just better suited for it (Mirror's Edge, Grand Theft Auto

What.

Mirror's Edge I would give you if I hadn't recently bought it on Steam, played it, and decided that the accuracy afforded by a mouse vastly improves your control over the game, thus making it much more enjoyable. But GTA? Really? You're willing to give up mouse aiming in GTA?

GTA4 is the only 3D GTA game I own on console, and that's just because I basically purchased an Xbox 360 to play it. All the others I own on PC because not only do they look better, but playing them is way easier because of the mouse.

ZakKa89
19th Jan 2011, 22:52
Mirror's edge is way better with a keyboard.

St. Mellow
20th Jan 2011, 01:00
Mirror's edge is way better with a keyboard.

I also prefer keyboard for mouse look, but I can see it going both ways. PC games that are significantly better with a gamepad are few, and even then, they're generally far from unplayable with mouse and keyboard. I'm covered in any case, with my gamepad and joystick always at the reach of my manly arms. Ladies, take note. :cool:

Rindill the Red
20th Jan 2011, 04:11
What.

Mirror's Edge I would give you if I hadn't recently bought it on Steam, played it, and decided that the accuracy afforded by a mouse vastly improves your control over the game, thus making it much more enjoyable. But GTA? Really? You're willing to give up mouse aiming in GTA?

GTA4 is the only 3D GTA game I own on console, and that's just because I basically purchased an Xbox 360 to play it. All the others I own on PC because not only do they look better, but playing them is way easier because of the mouse.

I like the feel of driving better with the controller. It's also easier to play with friends that way. I've never had any trouble aiming with the controller in GTA.

Mirror's Edge, likewise, I just like the feel of the analog controls. It's smoother... kinda fits with the flow of the game.

You have to remember I was a console user before I switched mainly to PC (N64, Xbox).

ZakKa89
20th Jan 2011, 07:40
I might try another playtrough with the controller just for the heck of it (and the challenge)

Unstoppable
20th Jan 2011, 09:09
I use this gamepad for Race Driver: Grid, as you really need a gamepad for the sensitivity of racing games. For the price it can't be beat.

http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-P3600-Cyborg-Rumble-PP26U/dp/B000TCB3XW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1295514534&sr=8-1

Eidos Montreal please make sure to support this game pad :D! Saitek make some really good products.

pha
20th Jan 2011, 15:00
Most new games only support XInput controllers, and you'll need an emulator if you want to use an old Direct Input gamepad with them. Racing games and sports games support Direct Input too, because many people prefer controllers to play them instead of keyboards.

If you want a controller which will work out of the box, I suggest a Logitech F510 or 710 (their design is very similar to Dual Action and Rumblepad, but they have triggers and XInput support), or a regular X-Box 360 Controller. I love my F710's, but there's no way I'm playing DX:HR with them.

http://www.logitech.com/assets/32785/4/wireless-gamepad-f710feature-image.png