PDA

View Full Version : Is DE:HR coming to STEAM or not?

[zero]
17th Jan 2011, 13:22
I bypassed the other STEAM thread because it reduced to be a discussion of pro vs anti STEAM.

I just want to know once and for all if the game is coming to steam or not.

I want to pre-order to support the game and developers as early as possible and have a huge preference for STEAM. I've been waiting for a while ever since pre-order news came out and still nothing.

Problem is it isnt listed on STEAM yet. Will it be? Can I hold off me pre-ordering until it will be? Will there be a special edition package available as pre-order on STEAM? If so, will it be the same as those available on the site?

Or is it not going to happen and therefore I will have to pre-order some other way, such as on the eidos site?

I'D APPRECIATE AN ANSWER FROM THE STAFF AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

thanks

Dresden
17th Jan 2011, 13:31
What? It's been listed in Steam for months (http://store.steampowered.com/app/39170/?snr=1_4_4__105). I wouldn't pre-order on Steam though. You might not get any bonuses and I'd be really surprised if this wasn't a Steamworks only game.

mad825
17th Jan 2011, 13:35
There isn't even a date set. Chill out.

Jerion
17th Jan 2011, 14:01
It will be on Steam. Retail version will likely include Steamworks as well. No release date has been set, and there is no information (to my knowledge) about pre-order bonuses or deluxe versions on Steam.

[zero]
18th Jan 2011, 07:22
It will be on Steam. Retail version will likely include Steamworks as well. No release date has been set, and there is no information (to my knowledge) about pre-order bonuses or deluxe versions on Steam.

Thanks. I appreciate the prompt answer.

[zero]
18th Jan 2011, 07:44
...and there is no information (to my knowledge) about pre-order bonuses or deluxe versions on Steam.

Jerion, I really do hope for a digital version of the Collector's Edition be created for steam. I think they have been successful for other games in the past, and I for one have always bought digital collector's editions [dragon age, mass effect 2 to name a few].

Items hopefully included but not restricted to:

Soundtrack
"Art-of" book
"Making-of" vids

mad825
18th Jan 2011, 08:24
^ logic fail.

If DXHR is Steamworks enabled then just get it from bloody retail, at least then it will be cheaper.

TheYouthCounselor
18th Jan 2011, 10:10
^ logic fail.

If DXHR is Steamworks enabled then just get it from bloody retail, at least then it will be cheaper.

^Logic and point missed

There are some of us concerned with both waste and space. Printing books and sending boxes consumes a lot of resources including paper, metals, plastic and silicone and we want to lessen that consumption of resources. Many of us are also cautious about the amount of space that things we buy will take up. I grew up in a household full of hoarders and we really wouldn't need another large coffee table book atop the pile of books that bury our coffee table or to occupy non-existent shelfspace.

I was very appreciative that the Mass Effect Collector's Edition had digital versions of the art collection and comic books and making of videos available for the Steam version. I was glad I didn't need piles of crap taking up room in my room.

And Steam generally offers better deals on new games than retail and sometimes even used games during sales.

Kodaemon
18th Jan 2011, 12:39
Oh good lord, supporting Valve's bloatware now makes you some sort of green eco hero who cares for the environment. This keeps getting better and better.

Kvltism
18th Jan 2011, 13:23
lulz. Each to their own, I guess.

Rheinhold
18th Jan 2011, 13:25
Entirely off-topic, but have you guys got knowledge on Windows LIVE? It is comparable up to soem degree with steam, and is WORSE.

Will it be out on Windows LIVE? Because I am NOT EVER gonna get it for that...

Kodaemon
18th Jan 2011, 13:48
LIVE? What the heck is that?

Oh, I think it's that thing that comes up when I run some games for the first time that asks me to create an account, I create an offline one and it never bothers me again unlike some other programs I don't care for.

Rheinhold
18th Jan 2011, 14:04
I think you do not want to know what WLIVE is... and that you did the wise thing by making an offline-account. Although I dunno if actually signging up with it is a great idea...

The game where I encountered it, was Red Faction Guerilla. Nice game, once you get itr running...
And then again, it wont run at all if SOMETHING (big or tiny small) is wrong with WLIVE.

STEAM just made my system slower and annoyed the living secretion out of me. That's all.

pha
18th Jan 2011, 14:18
Oh, I think it's that thing that comes up when I run some games for the first time that asks me to create an account, I create an offline one and it never bothers me again unlike some other programs I don't care for.

Man, to dislike Steam is one thing but... Do you really hold GfWL on higher regard? That's new.

Kodaemon
18th Jan 2011, 14:28
Not really, that's the argument I always bring up in Steam vs GfWL debates. With an offline account GfWL practically becomes transparent. Steam constantly reminds me of its putrid presence.

Vorru
18th Jan 2011, 14:59
Not really, that's the argument I always bring up in Steam vs GfWL debates. With an offline account GfWL practically becomes transparent. Steam constantly reminds me of its putrid presence.

But it is still there.

Kodaemon
18th Jan 2011, 15:10
Yes, but it doesn't force me to download anything or even connect to the internet at all (steam phones home even when I install mods), or to install all my games in one folder or... you get the idea.

Vorru
18th Jan 2011, 15:20
Yes, but it doesn't force me to download anything or even connect to the internet at all (steam phones home even when I install mods), or to install all my games in one folder or... you get the idea.

Yes. It forces you to update the platform from time to time, unless you go fully offline with Steam.
And the one folder thing truly is a bad BAD idea (can't figure out what the heck they were thinking with that).

But you can disable other downloads completely, you can play steam games offline etc.
Both systems have the same problem with offline mode though, with games designed to work completely in sync with the API you can't play online games while logged out from the service.

And you can make Steam quite transparent as well, all I ever see of steam is the small window when it launches games.

Just pointing out that THAT particular argument was a bad one.

St. Mellow
18th Jan 2011, 16:14
Everything Kodaemon said. Man, just now I realize that as much as LIVE "sucks", it's actually better than Steam. Go figure. Or rather, I'd prefer forced LIVE to Steam. Neither is ideal, of course. Both are actually horrible, in their own unique and special way. :lol:

Jerion
18th Jan 2011, 16:21
Wow. Courtesy of two posts, this thread has managed to turn into a discussion of the merits (or lack thereof) of Steam. Again.

Closed.