PDA

View Full Version : The Obligatory Favorite Character Thread (Dissidia/012)

Automaton
31st May 2012, 13:15
Let's get this forum section kicked off, shall we?

To sum up, this is intended for discussion of our favorite characters from the Dissidia series: in all, the playable fighters (and your strategies for using them!), NPCs from the story and various tutorials, and summonstones.

I need a bit to think of my "list" but go ahead and chime in what you're thinking in the meantime!

Summoner
31st May 2012, 13:44
It's kinda hard to say what's my favorite cause I have so many, but I know I never played FFV, I really enjoy Bartz even tho his name sounds a little weird to me. I like the idea that he mimics peoples moves, especially summoning like Yuna's moves really caught my attention. I also like Yuna for the summoning aspect for battle. I like Squall, Tidus, Tifa, Laguna. Kuja is unique as a playable character but yeah, Bartz is my favorite character to play as.

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 13:46
It's kinda hard to say what's my favorite cause I have so many, but I know I never played FFV, I really enjoy Bartz even tho his name sounds a little weird to me. I like the idea that he mimics peoples moves, especially summoning like Yuna's moves really caught my attention. I also like Yuna for the summoning aspect for battle. I like Squall, Tidus, Tifa, Laguna. Kuja is unique as a playable character but yeah, Bartz is my favorite character to play as.

Better than Butz.

Anyways, I agree on Bartz being one of my favorites, as well as Zidane, Onion Knight, Shantotto and Prishe (having played XI for 5+ years), and Laguna for the heroes.

Villains would be Kefka, Garland, Jecht and Gabranth.

YoshiKatYoko
31st May 2012, 14:02
I main Lightning. My Assist is either Kuja or Jecht. So many fun combos using her.

Zench-XIII
31st May 2012, 14:10
I mostly play with Jecht, 'cause I never get tired of crushing opponents with his brutal combos. My assist character for him is either Prishe or Aerith.

When I decide to try another character, I usually pick Lightning or Onion Knight.

Pikachu
31st May 2012, 14:22
My favorite character is definately Terra. I dislike the way she was portrayed in Dissidia and Duodecim (I suppose that I could say that for most of the other characters as well) and I dislike the nerfs she was given in Duodecim. Well, I should say her Blizzara nerf is what I dislike the most in terms nerfs.

Aside from her, the Cosmos characters I like using are Prishe, Zidane, and Yuna (with the Onion Knight or Cloud rounding out the five). The Chaos characters I like using are the Cloud of Darkness and Garland. The rest are pretty meh in my opinion. Jecht is just too difficult for me to time really.

The assist characters I use are Jecht, Sephiroth and Kuja. Terra is the only character doesn't have an assist character equipped.

Summoner
31st May 2012, 14:37
I wonder if they will add more playable characters. I think it would be nice tho.

Automaton
31st May 2012, 14:41
I would have liked Bartz better in 012 if they didn't take out stuff from his movepool. I appreciate him being able to mimic some of the new characters' attacks, but it might have been nice to have seen his old moves as well.

In the original Dissidia, my first Lv100 was Cloud, and from what I remember Warrior of Light and Squall followed shortly after. I mastered Lightning first in 012.

How about a list of no particular order?

<ul>
Cloud: The beginner's character, really easy to get into and play.
Lightning: Balanced, but I don't think I use Medic that often. I would have liked to see Skyward Swing as an HP attack but that might have been overpowered as an instant AoE.
Terra: Admittedly, my favorite part of both games is an Esper Trance Terra dualcasting the Holy Combo for rapid-fire Meteors. Usually into two Ultimas, but more for the Meteors.
Gilgamesh: I think I didn't smile any wider when I heard that he was announced playable in 012. Yeah, he's a bit random, but he's fun.
Squall: Yes, I spam Beat Fang. But I like his ground combo and Revolver Drive.
Exdeath: I'm not a defensive player, he isn't my style. But his EX Burst is epic as a match ender.
Kain: Dragoon. I have a soft spot for Dragoons.
Yuna: Summons! She was fun to play. I also have her in her gunner outfit for added fanservice.
[/list]

That's enough for now.

member_10691345
31st May 2012, 18:56
I like using Lightning, Tidus, Cloud, Zidane and Prishe. I like Tidus and Zidane especialy because they are fast/swift characters (Though I hate Onion Knight. I just can't het used to him.)

ultrafantasy
31st May 2012, 18:57
Cosmos:

WoL-A perfect hero towards the game itself

Firion- Real like his spirit

Laguna-The man with a machien gun

Chaos:

Emperor: Spam with Starfall

Jecht: You can't even block from this guy

Gaialei_Strife
31st May 2012, 18:59
Yuna... I honestly wasn't expecting to be as good with her as I am... I like her attacks, and they're pretty versatile for me. Zidane was my main in the original Dissidia so using him was a no brainer in Duodecim... Cloud's as slow as ever, but I still use him...

member_10590028
31st May 2012, 19:05
My characters to use are as follows:

Cloud: Even though he's slow, he's got great power behind it and I like that.

Onion Night: Speedy Bravery attacks into HP attacks.

Zidane: Endless raining combos if you know how to use him.

Lightning: More on the Ravager side b/c of Army of One chain hits.

Terra: Awesome dualcasting as always.

WoL: Great on offense and defense.

Jecht: God knows everyone hated when he did endless combos. I'd use them as well.

YoshiKatYoko
1st Jun 2012, 03:23
Using Lightning for a RAV is efficiently the best way to win with her. COM is for building up BRV.

member_10822883
5th Jun 2012, 12:07
Bartz: Favorite character to play as. Really versatile and has a great EX Drive.

Lightning: Great beatdown character. Usually use COM, but RAV's Army of One is really useful too. MED has its benefits too.

Warrior of Light: Nicely balanced with a few decisive moves.

Kefka: Just really fun to play with. A bit tricky, but pays off when you start getting his abilities down.

Onion Knight: Swift attacks! I like playing as faster characters.

I haven't spent time with him as a playable character, but enemy Golbezs drive me nuts.

member_10590028
5th Jun 2012, 21:32
The enemy characters that make me upset and want to throw my game are Exdeath, Jecht, Golbez and Garland. I extremely dislike Garland and Exdeath because they are so broken when the AI uses them.

iambasho777
5th Jun 2012, 21:49
Gilgamesh is my favorite character to be, he just flat out rocks. I keep trying to get in to Prishe, but her combos are just too much to remember. Lightning, Cloud of Darkness, Onion Knight, and the Emporer are the other characters I'm really good with

Squall-Nathan
7th Jun 2012, 16:40
Squall with an EX-Build. Can't beat that speed and power. :)

member_10523116
16th Jun 2012, 08:16
Obligatory Terra. :P

Seriously though, she is my favorite to play with.

lightning012
17th Jun 2012, 13:22
I like using Lightning, Tidus, Cloud, Zidane and Prishe. I like Tidus and Zidane especialy because they are fast/swift characters (Though I hate Onion Knight. I just can't het used to him.)

I so agree with you. I also hate Onion Knight.

I like playing with Zidane for his quick attack and I also to play with Lightning and Cloud. Most of the time I use Laguna as an assist. But I am still not able to get used to Tidus.

A quick question: When do we get to play with Prishe character?

member_10829610
17th Jun 2012, 14:21
I think you have to beat all scenarios in Report 8 & then buy her & Gilgamesh from the PP store.

My favorite characters to use are Squall, Cloud, Cecil, Tifa, Tidus, Gabranth, and Vaan.

lightning012
17th Jun 2012, 14:36
I think you have to beat all scenarios in Report 8 & then buy her & Gilgamesh from the PP store.

My favorite characters to use are Squall, Cloud, Cecil, Tifa, Tidus, Gabranth, and Vaan.

thank you for the information!

member_10073902
24th Jun 2012, 20:50
I mained Firion in the first Dissidia (his BRV to HP attacks are awesome) but switched over to Lightning in 012 just because I like her character so much and Ali Hillis does great voice work. Zidane is a lot of fun to play when you just want to stay up in the air the whole match and Squall is awesome when you want to stay in close. From 012, I also really liked Yuna (I liked how they worked in her summons, but was a bit disappointed that she didn't have a Gunner mode or something like that) and Vaan (for his versatility). On the Chaos side, it's Gabranth all the way.

member_10074094
25th Jun 2012, 10:17
Warrior of Light: so much fun to use, idk why, everyone I know hates him but I find him secretly OP...

Kuja: love mages (as you will find out), and Kuja is my favorite villain... love spamming ultima and freaking the AI out, they dodge over and over and eventually they will get hit... can just fly circles around them using ultima over and over... doesn't work against players lol.

Terra: she's a mage... nuff said. Hate how weak she is in the story, nothing like the original Terra.

Zidane: I discovered in Kh that I love aerial fighting and Zidane fit me perfectly...

Vaan: Loved his attacks, was a huge fan of the gameplay in FF12 and remembered all the quickenings and the chains you could get for them, and loved seeing them all with him.

Lightning: despite how little I cared for ff13, I liked her character in that game and Dissidia, and she is fun to play... Ruinga just looks cool...

Kefka: did I mention I like mages?

don't like: Yuna and Tifa feel wierd to play for me. Bartz just uses everyone else's attacks and never really appealed to me. Haven't really played all the villains extensively yet (just Kuja, Sephiroth and Kefka). Would probably like Ultimecia.

Sand_Man
29th Jun 2012, 22:20
I mostly play with Jecht, 'cause I never get tired of crushing opponents with his brutal combos. My assist character for him is either Prishe or Aerith.

When I decide to try another character, I usually pick Lightning or Onion Knight.

Hit the nail on the head. My friend came over to play some matches and I usually pick random cause most of the characters are maxed, but I eventually pulled out my Jecht and he got frustratEd he couldn't beat him.

Best assist are sephiroth and CoD cause both land and air attacks lead to chase and a potential HP attack. Although I had sephiroth assist on Jecht I'm going to stop using them unless the character really needs it like my Kain (one of thehardest character to land HP attacks with)

In the first dissidia I orriginally mained Terra because I was scared to death or chase sequences so I stayed away and did magic-sniping to HP. Now...... call me Jason or Freddie cause I LOOOOVE chasing people lol. I think I moved on to cloud and HATED him. Speed boost ++ is a MUST for him cause he would get countered every time without it. With it he's competitive. My second main was Squall or Zidane both all around good characters but I feel characters like Zidane with BRA to HP attacks are cheap/easy-to-play/ top tier so I avoid using them (Jecht don't count cause he requires skill and execution). After that I switched to the dark side and tried out CoD cause see was so annoying to fight against. Her and Jecht became my Dissidia mains.

In 012 I immediately gravitated towards Tiffa (all the new heroes really). Her teleport ability is GODLIKE IMO. No other character has her unique mixup ability. Lightnings a no-brainer
because she can switch move-sets on the fly. Yuna is OP. She takes names PERIOD and is annoying to play against. When I first got prologus I played her with Jecht and lost like 50 in a row lol, granted I didn't have all my equipment (losses carried over as well). Vann, Kain and Leguna were fun to play with. Then I turned to the dark side again and picked up Gilgamesh and Exdeath. Love Gilgameshs shannanigans and built in Iai strike but IMO Exdeath is the best character in the game. If your timing is on point, and I play Jecht so it is, you can nullify anything and do HP damage.

In a nutshell, ├╝ber 012 mains are Tifa, Lightning, Gilgamesh and Exdeath.

I only use Iai strike builds for everybody, 3 yellow accessories rest booster.

And my summonstones go Alexander, carbuncle, Ifrit, Shiva, Magic Pot all auto

Syn
4th Sep 2012, 03:48
Cosmos:

Squall: Partner: Sephiroth, the sheer amount of combinations between the two is heavenly

Bartz: Partner : Squall, control of the position of the character using squall helps execute some neat combos

Chaos:

Sephiroth: Partner Squall, same reason as above

Summon stones:

Ifirit, curbuncle, Odin, Ramuh, Shiva, Magic Pot, leviathan.

DARKSLAYER42x
27th Sep 2012, 13:01
i use mainly cloud, sephiroth, jecht, tifa, warrior of light, and lighting i dont really like using the assist system i only use it for laguna since its hard to catch cpu's in his attacks but other than that i use basically close combat characters i never really took interest in mages that much

member_10815807
22nd Oct 2012, 01:19
Hi there:

I'ts also hard for me to pick favorites because i try to master them all, i play with all of them.

My very favorite characters are:

Cosmos:

Cloud: Slow but very powerful, very handy with his brv to hp attacks omnislash lv5 and finishing touch are very devastating with his ex mode.

Terra: she is most useful in dissidia 012 because of her firaga spell and meltdown and yes dualcast rocks.

warrior of light: very powerfull well rounded brv to hp attacks and his ex mode asisst swords.

Zidane: very mobile in air and his hp attacks are so cool.

Cecil: I really like this guy two diferent fighting styles dark knight in ground and paladin in the air and his dlc is very awesome i love that outfit

Laguna: i wanna be like him so cheerful, always looking at the brighside of things i like his ex burts attack so much and his long range skills.

Kain: his alternate costume 1 is so cool, has great attacks and speed in air, his aditional attack in ex mode that let's you recover hp :).

Tifa: i really like a woman who can kick butt, has great speed and very cool attacks gotta love final heaven.

Lightning: two figthig styles cool attacks and ravager and legion of one is very cool and powerful gotta love that gunblade of hers

Chaos characters:

Garland: for me it's so much fun using him very powerful has great hp attacks especially using tornado for defense and blaze for attack.

The emperor: his traps can be very annoying and his ex mode blood magic is useful in sooo many ways.

Cloud of darkness: very fun to play with and her tentacles like things has great hp attacks in diferent forms.

Golbez: very powerful and i like his armor, brv attacks to hp attacks in air are the most useful and very cool ex burts attack, also genesis rock.

Ex death: in terms of gameplay he is soooo slow but his counter attacks totally rocks also his ex burts attack is so cool, "embrace the stillnes of eternity".

Ultimecia: i love that witch, time crush apocalypse,hell's judgement and shockwave pulsar are very cool also i like her ex burts attack and her edea outfit :).

Kuja: he has great mobility both in ground and air, has great hp attacts and his ex burts attack shows how evil he is.

Gabranth: very powerful attacks and a great slashing combo, i like his hp attacks and ex burts attacks oh and very cool armor too.

for assist's i try diferent combinations with all characters to see how they work and summons depends on how is your fighting style.

hope you like my very long list.

warrioroflight1995
29th Mar 2014, 04:02
My favorite characters are the Warrior of Light, Terra, Prishe, Kain, and Lightning.

Warrior of Light : You give him ascension, white fang, and pair him with Cecil and he becomes a beast.

Terra: she's really powerful. Even though I play as her, I mostly let the assist do the fighting while I release a graviga to holy combo.

Prishe: I actually trick my opponents into blocking before I continue my combos, granting me critical hits almost every time.

Kain: I use him just because he's cool. He's also pretty effective against chaos.

Lightning: again I use her because she's cool.