PDA

View Full Version : The theme park will probably be a "zone" in AC

gazzilla8000
15th Jan 2011, 07:26
Remember how in the first teaser trailer it goes from the city streets into a funhouse type area, with a rollercoaster.

Also, on the website it played the sound of a rollcoaster climbing up a hill, you know that mechanical pulling noise.

In the same way that Arkham Asylum had about 5 different "zones" in the game (Arkham North, The Gardens, etc) I predict that one of the areas in Arkham City will be an old theme park.

Imagine, for example, chasing Mr. Freeze down the Tunnel of Love. The water would be frozen and ragged, which would be great symolism for Freeze's cold, broken heart. You could have an epic showdown with Freeze in there.

thedarknight2016
15th Jan 2011, 08:44
It is possible.

HA_laughingfish_HA
15th Jan 2011, 08:58
Imagine, for example, chasing Mr. Freeze down the Tunnel of Love. The water would be frozen and ragged, which would be great symolism for Freeze's cold, broken heart. You could have an epic showdown with Freeze in there.

:thumb:Badass and Creative Idea:thumb:

The Comedian
15th Jan 2011, 11:59
More than likely you're right and to be honest its probably where Joker is held up.

JackWinz
15th Jan 2011, 17:21
There better be, that's the best/most iconic place I could think to have to find Joker.

blades of athena
15th Jan 2011, 18:18
There better be, that's the best/most iconic place I could think to have to find Joker.

yeah like in the house of mirrors or something along those lines

JackWinz
15th Jan 2011, 19:15
yeah like in the house of mirrors or something along those lines

House of mirrors?
Yeah, that sounds like a great place for some psycho Scarecrow battle.

HA_laughingfish_HA
15th Jan 2011, 19:20
or in a not-so-fun house

andries.alexandru
15th Jan 2011, 19:44
I' m remember a park like that in the "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm". It was an epic fight between Joker and Batman. I'd like one in the game. Not necessarily with Joker..but in a park like that.

HA_laughingfish_HA
15th Jan 2011, 23:41
I' m remember a park like that in the "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm". It was an epic fight between Joker and Batman. I'd like one in the game. Not necessarily with Joker..but in a park like that.

In the City Of Tomorrow? :eek:
yes please, this or Wayne Manor as the Joker final fight would be epic(this is assuming that Joker knows/figures out he's Bruce)

martian1127
17th Jan 2011, 01:03
Remember how in the first teaser trailer it goes from the city streets into a funhouse type area, with a rollercoaster.

Also, on the website it played the sound of a rollcoaster climbing up a hill, you know that mechanical pulling noise.

In the same way that Arkham Asylum had about 5 different "zones" in the game (Arkham North, The Gardens, etc) I predict that one of the areas in Arkham City will be an old theme park.

It's possible that Arkham City will have different zones. But who says Freeze has to be apart of those zones. I like your thought, but let me offer you my logic. It's debatable if all the rumored villains will be found in Arkham City. One can imply that a villain like Penguin will be in Arkham City because the Ice Berg Lounge is located in old Gotham. But why would a popular club fall to the sacrifice of an Asylum? Other street villains like Scarecrow, Riddler, Harley Quin, Clay Face and Zaz may be found running around in Arkham City. Mr. Freeze is normally lurking around in that science facility in the middle of Gotham Bay. He wouldn't be found lurking around in Old Gotham/Arkham City. Doesn't leave much space to do his research with tones of criminals running lose. If anything, Joker and Harley Quin will be located inside the theme park.

If anything, Mr. Freeze will assume his agenda with reviving the life of his wife, Nora Freeze. To do this he would chase down Dr. Evers and hold him prison, so that he can conduct his research to revive Nora Freeze. Normally Batman finds out and rescues Dr. Evers from Freeze. It would be best to keep Freeze out of the chaos in Arkham City, so that he can stand alone. Later on in the game, Batman would find him in Arkham and then have a show down.

I still like your idea.

Old_BenKenobi
17th Jan 2011, 03:54
It's possible that Arkham City will have different zones. But who says Freeze has to be apart of those zones. I like your thought, but let me offer you my logic. It's debatable if all the rumored villains will be found in Arkham City. One can imply that a villain like Penguin will be in Arkham City because the Ice Berg Lounge is located in old Gotham. But why would a popular club fall to the sacrifice of an Asylum? Other street villains like Scarecrow, Riddler, Harley Quin, Clay Face and Zaz may be found running around in Arkham City. Mr. Freeze is normally lurking around in that science facility in the middle of Gotham Bay. He wouldn't be found lurking around in Old Gotham/Arkham City. Doesn't leave much space to do his research with tones of criminals running lose. If anything, Joker and Harley Quin will be located inside the theme park.

If anything, Mr. Freeze will assume his agenda with reviving the life of his wife, Nora Freeze. To do this he would chase down Dr. Evers and hold him prison, so that he can conduct his research to revive Nora Freeze. Normally Batman finds out and rescues Dr. Evers from Freeze. It would be best to keep Freeze out of the chaos in Arkham City, so that he can stand alone. Later on in the game, Batman would find him in Arkham and then have a show down.

I still like your idea.

The games are based off the comics and in the comics Nora was killed in the crossfire of a battle between Freeze and Batman. Seeing as she was shattered into a million pieces, Dr Evers (isn't that just a character from Batman: Vengeance? Why would he be in this?) sure has his work cut out for him.

martian1127
18th Jan 2011, 20:01
The games are based off the comics and in the comics Nora was killed in the crossfire of a battle between Freeze and Batman. Seeing as she was shattered into a million pieces, Dr Evers (isn't that just a character from Batman: Vengeance? Why would he be in this?) sure has his work cut out for him.

I wanted to use a familiar character from Batman Vengeance. Also, I wanted to imply that Dr. Evers had some sort of astonishing knowledge in cryo-stasis. Possibly far greater than what Mr. Freeze could comprehend. Correct me if I'm wrong but, didn't Evers escape? Bringing him back would introduce Freeze again to the gamers. Sense Batman Vengeance, it can be implied Dr. Iaasac Evers has has continued research in a new lab he has built and Freeze decides to pay him a visit.

All I wanted to do was add a familiar face to the game.