PDA

View Full Version : The paper clip challenge

Axion
13th Jan 2011, 22:24
I know this is not related to Deus Ex but I thought of an idea

How many uses can you think of for a paper clip and remember folks think outside the box

I'll start a paper-clip chain

http://s4.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Paper-Clip-Chain-Bracelet_E457A822.jpg

3nails4you
13th Jan 2011, 22:32
I think this is just a little TOO "not related to Deus Ex."

But if I had to say, I would say clipping paper together.

AlexOfSpades
13th Jan 2011, 22:41
A lockpick.

Rindill the Red
13th Jan 2011, 23:02
A lightning rod (and any other use for a comparable conductor of electricity).

A tack... for various things like sticking things to cork boards or beating lie detector tests by stabbing yourself in the foot.

A secret message.

An earring, or other piercing piece of jewelry.

A torture device.

A key ring.

This is boring....

Kodaemon
13th Jan 2011, 23:41
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3794/ajpaperclip.jpg

Senka
14th Jan 2011, 00:00
^Epic.

taldira
14th Jan 2011, 00:31

You win this thread.

pha
14th Jan 2011, 00:41

:thumb:

K^2
14th Jan 2011, 00:49
A lockpick.
Paper clips make crappy lock picks. They are not nearly sturdy enough to manipulate the pins in the back of the lock. You can open handcuffs with a paper clip, but that's as far as lock picking uses go. If you want to pick locks, buy a professional set. They are cheap on the internet.

Back when I was a kid, I once made chain mail out of paper clips. It was not very good.

FrankCSIS
14th Jan 2011, 01:13
Somehow I'd figure as a kid you were building elaborate traps, satellites, or perhaps a small spacecraft out of paperclips, K.

K^2
14th Jan 2011, 01:38
I tried. Unfortunately, my rockets tended to blow up. That's when my mother confiscated the gun powder from me, and I switched to electronics.

LeMoN_LiMe
14th Jan 2011, 01:54
A condom!

...........................What!? We were all thinking it <_<

Graeme
14th Jan 2011, 07:57
I would use a paperclip as a spaceship. It just needs to be big enough (250m long and 30m in diameter) that there is a spacious interior with all the appropriate resources for space travel, as well have thrusters attached to it. And the necessary exterior to ensure that my ship doesn't disintegrate upon launching.

Deltaslayer
14th Jan 2011, 08:59
A hook.

AlexOfSpades
14th Jan 2011, 14:32
Paper clips make crappy lock picks. They are not nearly sturdy enough to manipulate the pins in the back of the lock. You can open handcuffs with a paper clip, but that's as far as lock picking uses go. If you want to pick locks, buy a professional set. They are cheap on the internet.

Back when I was a kid, I once made chain mail out of paper clips. It was not very good.

*takes notes*

TrickyVein
14th Jan 2011, 15:46
A paper clip...

for a paper gun!

Sulix
14th Jan 2011, 16:33

epic win

Rheinhold
14th Jan 2011, 22:36
You might be able to make a submarine out of paperclips...

At least a half-functional: it *WILL* sink.

JCpies
14th Jan 2011, 22:50
Hold paper together.

Rheinhold
14th Jan 2011, 23:09
But if I had to say, I would say clipping paper together.

Hold paper together.

You know what? I think we should use paperclips to fix paper together in an impermanent way!
:scratch:

mbl111
28th Jan 2011, 13:05
what is this idea of holding paper together with paperclips :scratch:

it must be straight from the devil himself :nut:

Rheinhold
28th Jan 2011, 15:32
what is this idea of holding paper together with paperclips :scratch:

it must be straight from the devil himself :nut:

Yeah, ypou must be right! Paperclips are used to hold paper together, but its not what they are made for, of course. It is all a lie! Even the name is a mock-up! Actually, it is a control-chip for dark matter reactors from outer space that were incepted into the man we know as the inventor of the 'paperclip' by use of time traveling and sphisticated tehnology, which we will uncover, probabky, within the next 30 years... or so they have told me. :p

ranmafan
29th Jan 2011, 17:33
A mockup pair of Jensen's shades.

Romeo
30th Jan 2011, 05:35

While there's no doubt that the professional kits are superior (Although I believe their legality is questionable in some countries, such as the states. They're AOK in Canada, but I think you have to be a repo-man to carry them in the US), you might be suprised at what you can managed with a paper clip and a thinner file. If you apply constant torque to the lock with the file's "handle", I've managed to get into my Snap-On tool chest, which has almost as many tumblers as my house key.

Again though, would not recommend this when a lock-pick set is legal in your country. Just pick one up, they're very cheap. lol

[FGS]Shadowrunner
30th Jan 2011, 07:09
This was a lure thread to see how many criminally insane forum users there are.

Guess we came up trumps! Confessions everywhere...

lol @ Frank and K^2. K^2 knows about everything, come on, QM, UDK, CIA, he even knows you can pick handcuffs with a paper clip. The mind boggles what K^2 does for fun. Probably involves formulae and ancient Latin.

ranmafan
31st Jan 2011, 10:32
Or making a better pair of handcuff locks? :D