PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Mr. freeze?

jerren
13th Jan 2011, 03:02
Remember how at one point he was considered to be the main villian? And now there is no news of him. Will he still be in the game? If he isn't in the game that would be devastating , tragic, unfortunate, sad, misleading, depressing, and for some like Doat1 .. suicidal..

TheBatsBack
13th Jan 2011, 03:07
And what happened to Talia? Dude, they're keeping things Very and i mean VERY Secret.

If you watch this vid, Mark Hamill says something about people shouldn't be telling who they're playing, or something like tha. Anyway, i'm absolutely sure that freeze will be in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmQG-H5zaI&feature=player_embedded

Clayface
13th Jan 2011, 03:23
Yeah I think they're just keeping tight wraps on everything. They've mentioned a few times that we're going to be surprised by some of the villains/boss fights, so perhaps they're hoping Freeze is going to be one of them.

I think it's probably a safe bet that villains that were blatantly missing from AA (Mr. Freeze and Two-Face, although already confirmed, for example) will be in AC with greater roles. Hopefully Clayface falls into this category too.

And with them stating that it's five times bigger than AA, they are going to have to fill it with content that's relatively proportional, so whilst we are unlikely to get five times as many boss fights, we should get at least proportionally that many interactions with villains/major characters.

kadashi666
13th Jan 2011, 03:39
I think it's probably a safe bet that villains that were blatantly missing from AA (Mr. Freeze and Two-Face, although already confirmed, for example) will be in AC with greater roles. Hopefully Clayface falls into this category too.

and, to be fair, they have also confirmed that certain villains who got shafted in the first game (such as Zsasz) are going to be brought back into the second game to get better exposure. so not only will we see freeze and two face, but we may very well see clayface as well. personally, im hoping for mad hatter. ^_^

Doat1
13th Jan 2011, 04:23
ahahahahha yes it will be suicidal if they do not have freeze in this game

Batman The Trailer Hunter
13th Jan 2011, 05:31
I think someone froze his nipples and twisted them off

HellfireBat
13th Jan 2011, 18:11
Oh well he'll be announced soon between 1-4 months (they better)

HA_laughingfish_HA
13th Jan 2011, 20:16
He's out there...
Waiting...

The Comedian
13th Jan 2011, 22:15
Freeze will be shown, they're just keeping things under wraps.

Doat1
14th Jan 2011, 02:18
Freeze will be shown, they're just keeping things under wraps.

you are evil

Green Lantern
14th Jan 2011, 05:11
Remember how at one point he was considered to be the main villian?

They NEVER said he would be a main villain.

And now there is no news of him. Will he still be in the game?

That's probably because Rocksteady aren't ready to reveal him yet.

The same could be said for Talia aswell. As Stana Katic deleted her tweets after revealing the she would be Talia.

Bat-Tutsi
14th Jan 2011, 12:05
Freeze is better suited as a supporting character working for some greater, possibly noble end. I rather he simply ignore Batman until the guy gets in his way.

Matches Malone
14th Jan 2011, 15:45
Freeze is better suited as a supporting character working for some greater, possibly noble end. I rather he simply ignore Batman until the guy gets in his way.

Exactly, Freeze shouldn't have a vendetta against Batman like the other villains. Freeze should only fight Batman if he gets between what he wants or if he is getting paid to do so.

The Comedian
14th Jan 2011, 19:45
you are evil

http://oi53.tinypic.com/24cfy2q.jpg

Yes I am! :lol:

A Dark Hunter
16th Jan 2011, 17:51

Didn't Maurice LaMarche say that Mr. Freeze was pissed at Batman though?

TheBatsBack
16th Jan 2011, 18:21
I think he said he was out for revenge and blood or something? I'm not too sure

Green Lantern
16th Jan 2011, 18:22
Didn't Maurice LaMarche say that Mr. Freeze was pissed at Batman though?

No all he said was that Mr. Freeze is out for blood.

Which could mean he's after one of the villains who didn't fulfill their part of the deal.

Or he could be after Batman for whatever reason.

martian1127
17th Jan 2011, 00:49
And what happened to Talia? Dude, they're keeping things Very and i mean VERY Secret.

If you watch this vid, Mark Hamill says something about people shouldn't be telling who they're playing, or something like tha. Anyway, i'm absolutely sure that freeze will be in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmQG-H5zaI&feature=player_embedded

Agreed.

They don't want anything being spoiled before the game comes out. The only thing we have so far is the Hugo Strange villain trailer. More villain trailers will probably be released in the future. We have all the way up until Fall of 2011, so there is still a lot of time to wait. It wouldn't surprise me if the game had an alternate story that will be available online. I still don't think they are done with the game yet.

Who knows how long this game is going to be.

Old_BenKenobi
17th Jan 2011, 03:51
Exactly, Freeze shouldn't have a vendetta against Batman like the other villains. Freeze should only fight Batman if he gets between what he wants or if he is getting paid to do so.

In the comics Freeze has a big vendetta against Batman. Batman was partially responsible (and fully responsible in Freeze's eyes) for the death of Nora. Batman and Freeze were fighting, Freeze fired at Batman, Batman dodged and the beam hit Nora's capsule, which instantly froze and shattered (Nora shattered too). So Freeze's motivation isn't to rejuvenate his wife like it was in TAS, it is to destroy what Batman loves and make him feel his loss (a lot like Freeze post-revamp). All this is in the Mr Freeze one-shot written by Paul Dini, which reintroduced Freeze to the DCU with the revamped origin.

jerren
17th Jan 2011, 06:03
In the comics Freeze has a big vendetta against Batman. Batman was partially responsible (and fully responsible in Freeze's eyes) for the death of Nora. Batman and Freeze were fighting, Freeze fired at Batman, Batman dodged and the beam hit Nora's capsule, which instantly froze and shattered (Nora shattered too). So Freeze's motivation isn't to rejuvenate his wife like it was in TAS, it is to destroy what Batman loves and make him feel his loss (a lot like Freeze post-revamp). All this is in the Mr Freeze one-shot written by Paul Dini, which reintroduced Freeze to the DCU with the revamped origin.

Well i hope they can Do Freeze in a way that doesn't contradict either his comic origins or the TAS origins.

The New Blueguy
17th Jan 2011, 14:31
Isn't the TAS origin his canonical origin now? And then after Batman/Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero he cured his wife with a grant from Wayne Enterprises and she left him because of how he was? This was all introduced into the DCU wasn't it?

Bat-Tutsi
17th Jan 2011, 18:56
Why the hell would Mr. Freeze be fighting Batman when his wife is close to death right in the room? That's dumb for such a genius. The true origin story in "Heart of Ice" is exactly how I view Mr. Freeze, with his wife dead and buried after Ferris pulled the plug. Sure this contradicts later continuity, but Mr. Freeze's first appearance is also his best one. I also think it's great to have more villians who are neither psychotic or obsessed with Batman.

Old_BenKenobi
17th Jan 2011, 21:51
Isn't the TAS origin his canonical origin now? And then after Batman/Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero he cured his wife with a grant from Wayne Enterprises and she left him because of how he was? This was all introduced into the DCU wasn't it?

No.

The revamped origin was introduced, with him being the tragic figure, but it was expanded on with Freeze managing to keep Nora in preservation only to accidentally kill her (probably to give him more weight as a Batman villain instead of an anti-villain or even anti-hero). And recently Nora was revived as a supervillain.

It seems to me that Dini prefers Nora to be dead, rather than be the woman behind the glass. And it makes sense. With Nora alive but in stasis Freeze just commits robbery, kidnapping and the occasional act of vengeance. With Nora dead Freeze has nothing to live for except vengeance and bitterness. Makes for a better ongoing villain (which is the intention of the comics), while the TAS incarnation was an occasional villain who actually had a storyarc.

So Freeze in the game will probably be similar to the Freeze as seen in the revamped episode, minus the robot body thing.

Bat-Tutsi
18th Jan 2011, 01:20
I understand your just stating the facts. However wouldn't you agree that Mr. Freeze is a more interesting character if he acts more like an anti-hero who lets innocent people get hurt in the process than a thuggish villain with a pointless vendetta against Batman? Wouldn't that separate him from just about every other generic villain in Batman's rogue's gallery? It is really unfortunate to read about all the things the comics have done to him to justify his characterization. Shows a lack of good writing in my opinion.

Old_BenKenobi
18th Jan 2011, 06:09
I'm not saying I like it better, I'm saying its a characterization thats better for an indefinite series of stories. And remember, it was written by Paul Dini.

Zur-en-ah
18th Jan 2011, 15:07
I think Dini does Mr Freeze better than anybody.

It's good that Rocksteady are keeping villain info tightly under wraps ... I mean, it IS a superhero game so exposing all the baddies, their roles (& gameplay) as well as plot would just totally spoil things

All that said, however, I have 100% confidence that Mr Freeze will be excellent in the new game.

Doat1
18th Jan 2011, 17:29
I just hope Freeze looks similar to the TAS version and sounds similar. I love the monotone cold hearted way he spoke in the animated series.

martian1127
18th Jan 2011, 18:17
I just hope Freeze looks similar to the TAS version and sounds similar. I love the monotone cold hearted way he spoke in the animated series.

Actually, Freeze is going to be voiced by Maurice LaMarche. Mike Ansarna who did the voice for him in the animated series, will not be voicing him. It's a shame because it would have went well with the collection of other characters that were being voiced by the original actors. Not sure why, but maybe Mike Ansarna, didn't want to do it. As for the character design it will probably look similar to the concept art that we saw for his character bio. It's a decent drawing, so I'm not going to complain.

I just hope when they introduce him, they explain how be broke out of Arkham. From where his cell was in Arkham, made it seem a bit challenging for an escape. Also, he needs his suit in order to survive. He would have needed inside help from another criminal. Riddler seems a bit like the type, but Freeze was gone days possibly months before the events in AA. More alikely, Dr T Elliot/Hush gave him his suit.

Doat1
18th Jan 2011, 18:38
Actually, Freeze is going to be voiced by Maurice LaMarche. Mike Ansarna who did the voice for him in the animated series, will not be voicing him. It's a shame because it would have went well with the collection of other characters that were being voiced by the original actors. Not sure why, but maybe Mike Ansarna, didn't want to do it. As for the character design it will probably look similar to the concept art that we saw for his character bio. It's a decent drawing, so I'm not going to complain.

I just hope when they introduce him, they explain how be broke out of Arkham. From where his cell was in Arkham, made it seem a bit challenging for an escape. Also, he needs his suit in order to survive. He would have needed inside help from another criminal. Riddler seems a bit like the type, but Freeze was gone days possibly months before the events in AA. More alikely, Dr T Elliot/Hush gave him his suit.

yea the suit in the drawing in the character bio looks like the one in TAS.

martian1127
18th Jan 2011, 18:49
Correct.

Based on the conditions we saw for Arkham City; he will need that type of suit to stay alive. It fits him well. It's not too heavy and not too small. Looks like he can take body hits and continue to fight. His weak spot, was always the glass helmet. As soon as you crack it, the cold air begins to escape and he becomes weak from the warming of his body. Defeating him, will probably require this type of strategy.

Doat1
18th Jan 2011, 18:51
Oh my god hurry up fall!!!!

martian1127
18th Jan 2011, 19:00
Oh my god hurry up fall!!!!

The game was suppose to have been out. But they probably wanted to add more things to it, in order to keep gamers interested. Given the fact that we waited this long, the game is probably going to be very long. It will probably have tones of downloadable content, a few months after it is released. I would love an alternate chapter for Mr. Freeze.

Doat1
18th Jan 2011, 19:01
Maybe they just wanted to spend more time polishing it and working out every little bug. Like i have said before on here i really loved how AA didn't have any bugs or glitches at least none that i am aware of.

Joseph Kerstein
18th Jan 2011, 19:09
Maybe they just wanted to spend more time polishing it and working out every little bug. Like i have said before on here i really loved how AA didn't have any bugs or glitches at least none that i am aware of.

I can count at least five glitches I've encountered, if not more on my PS3 version. Not very often or one time only, but they were there.

martian1127
18th Jan 2011, 19:12

Even AA was delayed because they had problems with the graphic interface. One can imply that the delay for AC is the same as AA, but I think they have mastered that. I think they took extra time to make the game better story wise. They wanted to make sure it wasn't just sub-par or on the same level as Spider-man Dimensions. They may have also improved the story, so that it can give reference to a third video game franchise.

I still think the next game for this franchise is going to use the Justice League theme. It would be astonishing to see them use AA/AC's graphic interface for a Justice League game.

Doat1
18th Jan 2011, 19:18
I can count at least five glitches I've encountered, if not more on my PS3 version. Not very often or one time only, but they were there.
I have not encountered any weird glitches on xbox or PC

Even AA was delayed because they had problems with the graphic interface. One can imply that the delay for AC is the same as AA, but I think they have mastered that. I think they took extra time to make the game better story wise. They wanted to make sure it wasn't just sub-par or on the same level as Spider-man Dimensions. They may have also improved the story, so that it can give reference to a third video game franchise.

I still think the next game for this franchise is going to use the Justice League theme. It would be astonishing to see them use AA/AC's graphic interface for a Justice League game.
True and that is what i am hoping for as well, just spend more time to polish it make it perfect and neat.

Joseph Kerstein
18th Jan 2011, 19:20

I honestly would really, REALLY dislike it if they did that. This is a Batman series. Leave it be as is.

--Edit--

Glitches I've encountered...

1: Random debris sticking to Batman for a limited time. (one time only)
2: A goon's gun firing and the sound effect of the gun firing lasting until he is KO'ed. (small amount)
3: A thug literally teleported all around the map for a few seconds and finally wound up in a random location. (one time only)
4: Killer Croc leapt up at the end of the chase in that tunnel JUST as I got inside the tunnel, but he stood there and waited a bit before he started running after me. (one time only)
5: Hearing two Joker voices on the speakers throughout the facility. (a few times)
6: Thugs sometimes randomly standing back up instantly after being knocked down by the batclaw. (More times than I care for, but not that often, and seems to only be with the batclaw if you batclaw them, then throw a batarang nearby where they can hear it.)
7: Thugs magically becoming aware of me even though I was inside a hidden room (only happened once or twice).

Granted, most of these glitches were one-time or very rare, but still, they were there. *shrugs*

martian1127
18th Jan 2011, 19:47
Well, they can't make Batman games forever. They have coined recent success with starting Batman Arkham Asylum. There is open potential for them to make a good Justice League game. Remember the one that was released a couple of years ago? It was okay at the best, but not as good as we all thought. If Rock Steady did a Justice League game, it would be amazing. That and it would take reference from AA/AC.

The current theme they are using for AC could easily shape into a need for the Justice League. Most comic book fans can almost coin the theme of AC after "No Mans Land". In No Mans Land, Lex Luthor attempted to by Gotham City and it's wills. To do this, he would need villains here such as Bane to destroy important records of wills that were signed down. He could easily create the Secret Society of Super Villains, which could consist of Joker, Bane, Bizarro, Gorilla Grodd, Yellow Lantern and a few others. When attempting to wreck more havoc in Gotham and Bludhaven, the Jutsice League would form and take roles in stopping Lex Luthor and his plans. This would create a good story if it were done right. Rock Steady would easily turn this theme into a success. Much information is needed from comic books, but it could work.

Joseph Kerstein
18th Jan 2011, 20:17
Well, they can't make Batman games forever. They have coined recent success with starting Batman Arkham Asylum. There is open potential for them to make a good Justice League game. Remember the one that was released a couple of years ago? It was okay at the best, but not as good as we all thought. If Rock Steady did a Justice League game, it would be amazing. That and it would take reference from AA/AC.

The current theme they are using for AC could easily shape into a need for the Justice League. Most comic book fans can almost coin the theme of AC after "No Mans Land". In No Mans Land, Lex Luthor attempted to by Gotham City and it's wills. To do this, he would need villains here such as Bane to destroy important records of wills that were signed down. He could easily create the Secret Society of Super Villains, which could consist of Joker, Bane, Bizarro, Gorilla Grodd, Yellow Lantern and a few others. When attempting to wreck more havoc in Gotham and Bludhaven, the Jutsice League would form and take roles in stopping Lex Luthor and his plans. This would create a good story if it were done right. Rock Steady would easily turn this theme into a success. Much information is needed from comic books, but it could work.

I'm fine with companies making OTHER games about OTHER characters, but if Rocksteady did to this Batman game series what Raven did with the X-Men Legends series, I'd be rather pissed to be honest. For those of you that don't know; X-Men Legends 1 and 2, then it turned to Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2.

The problem is that the atmosphere they've set up with these Batman games is perfect for Batman, so if they take it away by making a "third" game be a Justice League game, it'd be a terrible misstep for the series. To be honest, it'd be a much more noticeably glaring and jarring change in tone and story than it was going from X-Men to the entirety of the Marvel universe.

Edit: And just to clarify, I'm fine if Rocksteady made a Justice League game, but NOT at the expense of turning the "Arkham" series INTO a Justice League series.

martian1127
18th Jan 2011, 21:37
Correct.

I still think there is enough content from the comic books for them to create a good Justice League game. I never said it would start directly after AA/AC. What I meant was that, it would take a similar play style from AA/AC. More like events from AC would be mentioned in the Justice League game. Batman may talk about how Lex Luthor was the cause of the earthquake that hit Gotham. He may also mention that years after, Oracle gave him information on Joker joining the Secret Society of Super Villains, ran by Lex Luthor. As reference to Bane. They could imply that Lex Luthor offered Bane an unlimited supply of venom that would not only last longer, but double his strength to aid Bizaro is fighting Superman. Again, just small references from previous games would get carried over.

Lex Luthor could be played Clancy Brown. A familiar voice from the Superman animated series. Sense Batman arch nemesis is being played by Mark Hamill. Why not make Superman's arch nemesis voiced by the same guy. I'm beginning to think that Rock Steady has a neat gimic of voice actors for these games. People buy the games because it reminds them of the animated series.

Matches Malone
18th Jan 2011, 22:02
Well, they can't make Batman games forever.

Why can't they? They've have been making Batman comics for over 70 years and I'm sure they will continue for the better part of forever, why not video games? If not forever then at least 20 years before they would have to resort to implementing the Justice League. There is certainly no reason the 3rd game should incorporate the Justice League.

martian1127
18th Jan 2011, 22:34
Why can't they? They've have been making Batman comics for over 70 years and I'm sure they will continue for the better part of forever, why not video games? If not forever then at least 20 years before they would have to resort to implementing the Justice League. There is certainly no reason the 3rd game should incorporate the Justice League.

Because Batman eventually gets old. How many times can they rewind the clock and make a new Batman game, with a new theme? After a while, the same theme will get old. Just look at what they keep doing with the Batman movies. They have constantly kept re-doing them and it brought us back to square one with Batman: Begins. I wish they would move forward in time.

As for Batman Arkham Asylum; it takes references from certain comics. There is nothing wrong with that, as long as they make forward movements in time.