PDA

View Full Version : IGN Trailer discussion

Pretentious Old Man.
11th Jan 2011, 17:48
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/01/11/deus-ex-human-revolution-video-preview?objectid=907179

I've not yet watched it, but we're so starved of news at this place that even what appears to be a relatively un-informative confirmation of what we already knew seems very welcome.

EDIT: Almost sorry I posted this now. Only IGN could manage to make such a pointless video.

Irate_Iguana
11th Jan 2011, 18:19
EDIT: Almost sorry I posted this now. Only IGN could manage to make such a pointless video.

It would have been a single paragraph article.

Pretentious Old Man.
11th Jan 2011, 18:25
It would have been a rather crudely done advert. As of the last few years, IGN has become little more than a marketing arm rather than a renewing site.

Pinky_Powers
11th Jan 2011, 19:17
Goddamn it! I got so excited when I read the thread title, but then... :(

NKD
11th Jan 2011, 19:23
Might want to edit the thread. It's just a video preview, not a trailer.

Ashpolt
11th Jan 2011, 19:25
I'm out tonight until late (writing this on my phone) so was pissed when I saw than IGN released a preview right when I couldn't watch it. In a way I'm perversely pleased (and not at all surprised!) to hear that this is worhless.

Fluffis
11th Jan 2011, 20:55
Well, that was completely pointless...

Ashpolt
12th Jan 2011, 01:34
Just got a chance to watch it. Wow, that really was a waste of time.

LeMoN_LiMe
12th Jan 2011, 04:06
I just died a little bit inside. :(

nomotog
12th Jan 2011, 05:53
I just died a little bit inside. :(

A little over dramatic. Maybe. It's just another trailer with no new information. You should expect to see a lot of repeating when you follow a game this closely. Is there anything we don't know yet anyway?

Coyotegrey
12th Jan 2011, 06:35
Yeah, there wasn't any new information in the video, but I think they were trying to create a preview for the uninformed and/or slightly informed. I don't think the information addicts like us were at all the intended audience.

Kvltism
12th Jan 2011, 08:30
Showed it to a few of my friends that knew very little about the game, aside from it being a "reboot" of the Deus Ex franchise. The reactions weren't great.

They enjoyed the trailers (esp. the gameplay one) though.

Ashpolt
12th Jan 2011, 10:36
Yeah, there wasn't any new information in the video, but I think they were trying to create a preview for the uninformed and/or slightly informed. I don't think the information addicts like us were at all the intended audience.

So when's the turn for us information addicts then, Kyle? When will we be seeing more gameplay footage / screenshots and hearing more detail about the gameplay systems? It seems that most of the marketing so far has been for the "uninformed and / or slightly informed."

puzl
12th Jan 2011, 12:02
the uninformed

yep, thats pretty much the ign audience right there!

pha
12th Jan 2011, 16:36
Feel free to wake me up when there's a preview whose intended audience isn't nooblets.:D

Shralla
12th Jan 2011, 19:03
yep, thats pretty much the ign audience right there!

People read news sites to get information regarding things they're uninformed about? You don't say, sir!

Vendetta11
12th Jan 2011, 19:53
Hey, I give IGN some credit in their attempt to keep DE:HR on top of people's minds.....