PDA

View Full Version : Straight on?

Gitb97
10th Jan 2011, 21:57
A question.. :)

Okay, so. I was just thinking, when we first start playing 'Tomb Raider', is it straight onto the island lets survive now, and noobs have no idea about the controls (ect..), or, are we going to be able to have a quick train session before she crashes and get used to the controls, then have them make their jolly way into hell? Tankies :3.

QiX
11th Jan 2011, 04:07
Escaping the sinking ship would be the perfect intro, so we will have to try out the moving controls following the hints on the screen, swim towards the shore, watch the opening sequence with the title and credits, the main musical theme and then finally recover control of Lara while she awakes in the beach sand all wet and cold. Classic and elegant game opening ;)

GoranAgar
11th Jan 2011, 10:05
It will probably be like it was in Legend. The first level as the on site training area.

brand.seph
11th Jan 2011, 10:16
I like games with a Feirceful start.
I hope it's like that. :)

BlueSkiesXXV
11th Jan 2011, 10:58
One of my personal favourite TR openings was Part 3. Straight onto a slope with spike pits :)

brand.seph
11th Jan 2011, 11:32
One of my personal favourite TR openings was Part 3. Straight onto a slope with spike pits :)

Ohh that's lovely!
I remember playing it when a Giant boulder keeps on crushing Lara.
I was 5 that time..... Yes.. 5!:cool:

Silvermoth
12th Jan 2011, 10:21
I would imagine they will begin with a dark and stormy night with a huge shipwreck. Then Lara wakes up alone on a beach and we have a brief training lesson before getting into the thick of the game.

LC is Me
12th Jan 2011, 19:28
Escaping the sinking ship would be the perfect intro, so we will have to try out the moving controls following the hints on the screen, swim towards the shore, watch the opening sequence with the title and credits, the main musical theme and then finally recover control of Lara while she awakes in the beach sand all wet and cold. Classic and elegant game opening ;)

Something to the extent of these, I hope.
The game would start off a little dry if you are learning controls without...a real purpose, I guess is what I mean? :scratch:
I mean, there's a purpose to learning controls obviously, but I don't want to just be randomly learning how to climb and shoot if were still on the ship before anything goes down where we would actually get real time action. Immersing you into the action forces you to learn then and now instead of just pushing buttons in a sequence and then you get the test.

All that beginning stuff can be taken care of in cutscenes. :hmm: