PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Mind Heist Trailer

Sleebs
10th Jan 2011, 18:16
Hey guys!

Yes, I'm aware, I just made an account here, so I hope it doesn't sway the opportunity to read this. In all honesty, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is my most anticipated game of 2011, so I can't wait. In the mean time, I wanted to show just how important this game was to me so I recut the previous published Deus Ex trailers WITH one of my favorites of last year.. Inception's "Mind Heist" music. I hope everyone here can appreciate the recut. But this is most importantly a piece for everyone that's anticipating this game, because we already love it and its epicness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBX431DZYY0

Would love to get comments on this to see what you think! And yup, I work for Mahalo Video Games. We wanna be able to do all kinds of fun specialty videos that people will enjoy watching.

Rindill the Red
11th Jan 2011, 03:58
Hey guys!

Yes, I'm aware, I just made an account here, so I hope it doesn't sway the opportunity to read this. In all honesty, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is my most anticipated game of 2011, so I can't wait. In the mean time, I wanted to show just how important this game was to me so I recut the previous published Deus Ex trailers WITH one of my favorites of last year.. Inception's "Mind Heist" music. I hope everyone here can appreciate the recut. But this is most importantly a piece for everyone that's anticipating this game, because we already love it and its epicness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBX431DZYY0

Would love to get comments on this to see what you think! And yup, I work for Mahalo Video Games. We wanna be able to do all kinds of fun specialty videos that people will enjoy watching.

There were things I liked about it and things I didn't.

I liked the more varied pacing. Rather than just a long crescendo towards action, you had more "pauses" and dynamic movement between violence, action, and exposition.

On the other hand the music just doesn't fit generally. There were some parts that worked pretty cool with the music and visuals, but overall, it clashed too much.

Senka
11th Jan 2011, 05:29
Could I hear the original music being 'covered up' but the inception ST in some parts? Or am I just crazy? The cutting was good, considering you only had the original footage to work with.

II J0SePh X II
11th Jan 2011, 05:44
My fave fantrailer so far...well done.

Sleebs
12th Jan 2011, 16:16
There were things I liked about it and things I didn't.

I liked the more varied pacing. Rather than just a long crescendo towards action, you had more "pauses" and dynamic movement between violence, action, and exposition.

On the other hand the music just doesn't fit generally. There were some parts that worked pretty cool with the music and visuals, but overall, it clashed too much.

Thanks for the comment. I also had another commenter saying that it was too-chaotic sounding in some areas, specifically towards the end. So, what I did was I cleaned it up dramatically and used a different source of footage rather than the previous ripped versions of the trailers I showed you folks. This new one is better in video quality and sound as well. It sounds much more professional and the cuts probably seem less noticeable.

I ALSO noticed that as odd as this may sound, it really does depend on what kind of audio output you have to determine what kind of sound you'll hear. I was using my apple earphones earlier this morning and realized all the layers seemed "clashy", because those specific earphones only cater to a lower bit-rate stereo. When I put on some heavier duty headphones with some bass, you can differentiate those said levels and it sounds much smoother.

Here is the newer, cleaner version of Deus Ex: Mind Heist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoRcj45T50

And again, since sound is so important with this piece, it may depend on what you're listening with. However, it shouldn't really impact the overall experience. Hope it's more enjoyable!