PDA

View Full Version : But what about the Music?

brand.seph
10th Jan 2011, 10:29
Will it Change?
I personally love The past Theme music.
It has the Rhythm by when you hear it,
you suddenly know that it's tomb raider.

I personally hope that the New theme,
won't be Overly Dark and Gothic like AOD.
Something Emotional, yet powerful might do.

Keir
10th Jan 2011, 11:10
You can get a sneak peak of some music in this podcast with Karl and Tim from Crystal:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2010/12/21/special-edition-podcast-tomb-raider.aspx

brand.seph
10th Jan 2011, 11:28
You can get a sneak peak of some music in this podcast with Karl and Tim from Crystal:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2010/12/21/special-edition-podcast-tomb-raider.aspx

Hmm, wonder if that's the theme music?

limea
10th Jan 2011, 21:57
the game looks like it will be eerie and scary, how about some encouraging music like "the wheels on the bus," actually now that I think about it that might make the game more scary. But on a serious note, they say this TR game is a complete reboot so it may not be like other TR games where there's warning music, or the occasional "Ah Ha" when you find a secret.

brand.seph
11th Jan 2011, 02:35
the game looks like it will be eerie and scary, how about some encouraging music like "the wheels on the bus," actually now that I think about it that might make the game more scary. But on a serious note, they say this TR game is a complete reboot so it may not be like other TR games where there's warning music, or the occasional "Ah Ha" when you find a secret.

I miss it when Lara says that! :D
Then the Tune comes in too.

beretta
11th Jan 2011, 09:37
Aleksandar Dimitrijevic so cute I love what he does:nut:

a_big_house
11th Jan 2011, 20:13
Aleksandar Dimitrijevic so cute I love what he does:nut:

It's a made up meerkat... i dont think it'll be appearing in TR9 lmao

TrickyVein
12th Jan 2011, 02:39
Troels.

There can only ever be Troels.

And that mysterious, augmented or major #11 chord that someone else mentioned too.

WinterSoldierLTE
22nd Jan 2011, 23:42
Ya know, I've just had a listen to that podcast, and I gotta tell ya, that opening music (which is quoted as "a sneak peak at a track from the game itself", sounds ALOT like Akira Yamaoka. Eerily like him, actually. He's not working for Konami anymore, you know...

(and yes, I loved Troels' works as well)

Gemma_Darkmoon_
23rd Jan 2011, 01:33
I still find that Nathan Mccree's music for the first three TR games and AOD just blows me away in a way that non of the other composers since have done with the TR game music.

A nice background tune is good but it is those big bits of power music from the themes to panic music and tension that create something epic. A reuse of classic tunes would be the best thing to really give that fear and dark atmosphere this game aims to create.

sundog
30th Jan 2011, 00:12
One thing that really makes a game unforgetable and affects it in the atmosphere is the music.
Natha McCree composed the soundtrack for TR1,2 and 3.
These were the best TR games wich always are gonna stay in our memory.
I think it would be the best choice to commission Nathan McCree again to compose the soundtrack for the next TR games.
I still remember the music from the first games but i don't remember any tracks from the last games. In the first games the composer often repeated the same tracks but everytime they were a bit modified. The music was much more emotional, more myterious and first of all more memorable.

Andy64
30th Jan 2011, 04:36
Getting Nathan Mcree's music back would be fantastic for this game. Think when he worked on TR soundtracks he created some of the best music in any video game. TR needs him back.

Randy 54
31st Jan 2011, 02:34
Getting Nathan Mcree's music back would be fantastic for this game. Think when he worked on TR soundtracks he created some of the best music in any video game. TR needs him back.

His music was the best. His work will live on.

Pietras
31st Jan 2011, 20:09
The entire Making The Cover Video Podcast is accompanied by the new score in the background - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/01/05/making-of-the-cover-tomb-raider.aspx

I'm compeltly in love with it. It sounds fresh, rich, complex, electro-influenced, mature, sophisticated and unpretentious.

Katie_Fleming
2nd Feb 2011, 22:15
I'd love to see the London Symphony Orchestra get involved again, or any symphony for that matter. One man and a keyboard just doesn't remotely compare to the treat we got in AOD with the LSO playing the entire score! ;)

Tuneit
11th Feb 2011, 23:57
I want Troels Folman back! (The guy who composed all the music for Tomb Raider Legend)
He made some really interesting and unique music.

But then again, as Katie said, an orchestra would be cool too, i loved The Angel of Darkness soundtrack.

Kimbo
12th Feb 2011, 01:37
I loved the sample we got in the podcast. It had a 28 Days Later vibe and considering the situation of the new game, it's very appropriate. I hope there is a subtle hint of the old school melody thrown in but it's not that important. I rather it be fitting. Set the mood/theme etc

RosePetals
13th Feb 2011, 15:33
I hope they bring back Nathan McCree's music, with electric guitars and heavy drums on the side, just to make it sound a bit darker than the earlier games (but not as overly dark as AOD). And who doesn't love TR's traditional panic music? :P

Flintmelody
24th Feb 2011, 11:11
I hope they bring back Nathan McCree's music, with electric guitars and heavy drums on the side, just to make it sound a bit darker than the earlier games (but not as overly dark as AOD). And who doesn't love TR's traditional panic music? :P

Absolutely. Think Nathan has a way of using such clever scores on a similar theme to create wonder and draw you in. I can't think of any games with better more powerful music than the TR games he worked on. CD should get him back.

TR's traditional panic music should be brought back for every new TR game not just anniversary. Would love the new TR game to have it in.