PDA

View Full Version : Keir - When are we gunna see a trailer?

mushroom079
6th Jan 2011, 09:24
I am a little anxious to hear a little more. Game informer updates have really left us high and dry. Are we going to get a glimpse of some game footage soon? A trailer?

Are we really looking at a late 2011 release?
:mad2:

brand.seph
6th Jan 2011, 10:30
I quite doubt it.
Actually i don't want to see a trailer yet.
We wanna make sure they try their best to make this game work. :)

PS-> It was the rush which made Tomb raider Underworld Cra**y.
I don't want this game to be the same

Keir
6th Jan 2011, 10:53
Although everyone at Crystal are working their socks off to make the new Tomb Raider kick serious arse, the game certainly won't be rushed.

With regard to a trailer and further news on the game, it's going to be a long wait I'm afraid. I can't give out a date yet, but just so you know you'll need lots of patience.

I'll pass on a date and such when I can (which won't be for a while), until then you have the info released via Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/tombraider.aspx) to go over.

RoombelinaUK
6th Jan 2011, 10:59
Although everyone at Crystal are working their socks off to make the new Tomb Raider kick serious arse, the game certainly won't be rushed.

With regard to a trailer and further news on the game, it's going to be a long wait I'm afraid. I can't give out a date yet, but just so you know you'll need lots of patience.

I'll pass on a date and such when I can (which won't be for a while), until then you have the info released via Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/p/tombraider.aspx) to go over.

LOL What is it with you and socks? :rasp:

Keir
6th Jan 2011, 11:09
LOL What is it with you and socks? :rasp:

Haha, this is a family friendly forum so that expression is more polite than the one I had in mind :whistle:

Rachie
6th Jan 2011, 11:13
I'd much prefer that they took their time with the trailer anyhow. The suspense and mystery surrounding the details of the game makes for great marketing - everyone is dying to hear any little bit of news, enough to nitpick over the smallest details. :D

Absolutely fine, Keir. :thumb: Don't let the guys at CD feel like they must have a trailer out anytime soon. We're [perfectly] happy to wait for much longer, in the hope that what comes out at the end is polished and epic. It'll take some small amount of pressure off them, hopefully!

RoombelinaUK
6th Jan 2011, 12:05
Haha, this is a family friendly forum so that expression is more polite than the one I had in mind :whistle:

Aww, cute thing, you couldn't say anything nasty even if you tried to, keiry! :lol:

AdobeArtist
6th Jan 2011, 14:45

But you're a mod. Certainly you could gt away with it ;)

C'moooon, you know you waaaant to :rasp:

BraveNewGuy
6th Jan 2011, 15:30
As much as I love to see the trailer right now , but yeah we need to be patient

AdobeArtist
6th Jan 2011, 17:18
Patience is after all a virtue.

Though I never claimed to be a virtuous man ;) :naughty::p

brand.seph
6th Jan 2011, 20:28
Patience is after all a virtue.

Though I never claimed to be a virtuous man ;) :naughty::p

Yep... As what Nigella Lawson said:
Patience is a virtue, unfortunately i don't have it. :)

BTW, have you guys ever thought Nigella Lawson's voice to be somewhat similar to Lara Croft?

Srosa
6th Jan 2011, 21:21
I hope to see something about Tomb Raider coming out of E3 2011.

_Love2Raid_
7th Jan 2011, 00:14
Yep... As what Nigella Lawson said:
Patience is a virtue, unfortunately i don't have it. :)

BTW, have you guys ever thought Nigella Lawson's voice to be somewhat similar to Lara Croft?
Lol, she has a nice voice and is British, that´s all. :p
She is too old though, for a young Lara.

I hope to see something about Tomb Raider coming out of E3 2011.
Yes, E3 would be great. :)

Keir
7th Jan 2011, 10:25
Thanks for the understanding everyone :thumbsup: I know everyone is super excited at the moment so I thought I better let people know.

Don't worry though, it'll be worth the wait http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/e/eager.gif

Hoodedclaw
7th Jan 2011, 16:03
Im exited but yeah we have 2 be patiant. x

Srosa
7th Jan 2011, 16:08
Thanks for the understanding everyone :thumbsup: I know everyone is super excited at the moment so I thought I better let people know.

Don't worry though, it'll be worth the wait http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/e/eager.gif

Well that's okay. Before then there will be Deus Ex: Human Revolution to taste! :D

Keir
7th Jan 2011, 16:15
Well that's okay. Before then there will be Deus Ex: Human Revolution to taste! :D

Hehe, that is going to taste damn good too http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/h/hungry2.gif

Denis..
8th Jan 2011, 15:46
great games are on the way..
uc3, re6, the new tr...omg

Rexie
9th Jan 2011, 19:22

Oh Deja Vu. It's hitting so hard.

Rios
10th Jan 2011, 04:27
Trying to be patient ain't easy when your not a patient person like me. :hmm:

Keir
12th Jan 2011, 23:38
Trying to be patient ain't easy when your not a patient person like me. :hmm:

While I was at Crystal (a month or four ago) I saw goodness that would... blow... your... mind.

You've had a sneak peak but you've seen nothing yet. It'll be worth the wait but patience you will need http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/y/yoda.gif

Raider126
13th Jan 2011, 18:59
While I was at Crystal (a month or four ago) I saw goodness that would... blow... your... mind.

:lol: You're mean.

Although it must be hard not being able to tell anyone about what you know.

Pietras
13th Jan 2011, 19:02
Can we at least get an information when to NOT expect it? "Not in January/February/March" or "Not before April" or anything?

Arnar
15th Jan 2011, 22:23

You've had a sneak peak but you've seen nothing yet. It'll be worth the wait but patience you will need http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/y/yoda.gif

Stop it you killing me!!!

Cheese is nice.
29th Jan 2011, 05:22

How in the hell do you do such awesome emoticons?!?!?!? I'm jealous.

LaraCroft Fan
29th Jan 2011, 10:49
haahhahaha
can't wait Keir plz release something ! Even a useless photo
I just want this game to beat uncharted ( plz we trust you we dont want a game like underworld) :( :( :( :( :( :(

Lukky
29th Jan 2011, 11:07
Please, when will be available first Tomb Raider trailer? :mad2: :)

sok27
31st Jan 2011, 22:07
Everyone:

Keir is right be patient. We will let you know about the trailer as soon as we can.

In the meantime we will have the questionnaire out soon, and some other cool stuff as well.

Thanks for all the enthusiasm.

Cheers,

Scott

mushroom079
1st Feb 2011, 08:22
I liked UNDERWORLD - but moving on...

birchyboy
1st Feb 2011, 13:52
I second the words of Pietras!

I am known to be patient, but what we have here is ignorance, not patience.

I'm sure the programmers have most of the bugs spotted and I saw that both Eidos and Crystal Dynamics (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=16066)are looking for game testers - San Francisco based though. I have some friends in Oakland - wonder if that's close enough for a month's trip from the UK ........

Arthur Pendragon
17th Feb 2011, 23:03
I quite doubt it.
Actually i don't want to see a trailer yet.
We wanna make sure they try their best to make this game work. :)

PS-> It was the rush which made Tomb raider Underworld Cra**y.
I don't want this game to be the same

I thought that TRU was incredible. What made it crappy?:)

Denis..
18th Feb 2011, 00:12
tru..
1st tons of glitches!
2nd it was short.
3rd it was clearly unfinished and childrens easy peasy to finish without the slightest challenge and the puzzles..
wait a minute i didn't mention any puzzle in the game pretty much coz the puzzles were easy as stealing a lolipop from a baby..

Pulse
20th Feb 2011, 02:40
That puzzle at the end of TRU sucked. Not because it was hard, but if you did one little thing wrong you were screwed.

larafan25
21st Feb 2011, 01:51
^What was there to do wrong? o.O

You just smash some power thingies and your done.

Hoodedclaw
21st Feb 2011, 16:23
I'm not getting into this but... :whistle:

If u did make a mistake U could press last checkpoint. :o

I thought that the game was alright but no offense to Eidos it did start to bore me. x :thud:

Pulse
21st Feb 2011, 23:08
^What was there to do wrong? o.O

You just smash some power thingies and your done.

I pulled one or pushed it or something then the game saved and my path was blocked and I could not advance. I beat the game twice, then on my third time playing I did it differently and was done for.

larafan25
22nd Feb 2011, 00:53
Hmmm...wasn't there the option to go back and move it? It's the one puzzle in TRU I don't get fully, there seems to always be a new way to complete it.:)

Duckie1996
22nd Feb 2011, 17:20
I really can't wait for Tomb Raider 9 to be released, I wish that I saw the trailer now, I'm so excited :D

a_big_house
22nd Feb 2011, 18:52
I really can't wait for Tomb Raider 9 to be released, I wish that I saw the trailer now, I'm so excited :D

There wasn't / isn't a trailer :-s

Lukky
22nd Feb 2011, 20:37
Please, we need trailer or some picture, please!!! :nut:

mushroom079
23rd Feb 2011, 11:04
I just find it weird to have the GAME INFORMER hype - then nothing.

I even just got an email from AMAZON - listing the TR game for PS3 available for pre order
(Still slated for DEC2011)

aussie500
23rd Feb 2011, 13:03
That puzzle at the end of TRU sucked. Not because it was hard, but if you did one little thing wrong you were screwed.

You could smash the columns in any order, you were never stuck, you just had to use your brain and think! No it was not always exactly the same, what you did depended on what order you were doing it in.

I just find it weird to have the GAME INFORMER hype - then nothing.

I even just got an email from AMAZON - listing the TR game for PS3 available for pre order
(Still slated for DEC2011)

You had the Game Informer hype and then just about every magazine that does previews of PS3 and XBox 360 games ran a preview of the same demo, most in the March issues that have just come out. How did you get nothing? You got nothing new, they are hardly going to be throwing info at us every month this early. You get tired of seeing the same screenshots, there is GDC to look forward to soon which could bring us some new screenshots, and then the next round of previews. The trailer is not likely to come out for ages yet, we usually get one for E3, why expect it any earlier this time, if anything it is more likely to be later if the game ends up coming out in 2012.

xXTombRaiderXx
23rd Feb 2011, 13:36
They will proboaly bring a trailer out about april time or something like that

Ants_27_
23rd Feb 2011, 19:28
As long as the trailer isn't like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTS55uFxco8&feature=related

And if they want to keep something at least secret then don't bloody show it, not even with a voice over.:rolleyes:

chriss_99
23rd Feb 2011, 21:31
As long as the trailer isn't like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTS55uFxco8&feature=related

And if they want to keep something at least secret then don't bloody show it, not even with a voice over.:rolleyes:

That trailer was indeed revealing but I liked it a lot. It was obvious at that point in time that Natla and Dopple are making a comeback.
The only thing that made me :eek: was Zip shooting at Lara. WTF!?

I really can't wait to hear some news. It's about time they gave us something to discuss.

slavo120
27th Feb 2011, 08:40
Tomb Raider will be at GDC ? We´ll see something new ? ..anyone ( Kier:D ) answer me ..

...sorry for my english