PDA

View Full Version : Official new Lara's voice & VA discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2

Silvermoth
5th Jan 2011, 10:44
Edit by Driber, June 26:

It's official! Lara's new voice actress has been revealed! I just received this press release from Meagan herself :)

Camilla Luddington named as of the new voice and character of Lara Croft

London (26 JUNE, 2012) Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announced that the English-born actress Camilla Luddington has been chosen to be the voice and performance actress of famous video game adventurer, Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider® game.
After an international talent search using scouts in Europe and the US, Luddington stood out as delivering both a depth of emotion and the youthful tone needed for Lara Croft in the upcoming reimagining of the Tomb Raider franchise, due for release on March 5, 2013.

“This has been one of the most important jobs for us to get right,” said Darrell Gallagher, head of studio at Crystal Dynamics “‘This Tomb Raider game is very different to any other and we are demanding far more from the voice and performance acting than ever before as we take the franchise in a new direction.”

This July Luddington will also participate in the Nerd HQ and Comic-Con panels in San Diego, where she will join the development team as they talk about Tomb Raider and the story behind its creation.

Recently Luddington has starred in hit Showtime series, Californication© and can also be seen in the current season of HBO’s True Blood©.

Tomb Raider is slated for release on March 5th 2013.

http://driber.net/os/tr9/t/Camilla_Small.jpg (http://driber.net/os/tr9/Camilla_Small.jpg)
(click to enlarge)

/edit

---------------------------------

It's a shame Keeley Hawes couldn't come back. She's such an awesome actress. Kaya Scodelario would be interesting if they go with another well known actress.

-Roli-
5th Jan 2011, 11:03
Jonell Elliott all the way!

Ants_27_
5th Jan 2011, 11:49
Is she not returning? News to me.:lol:

Ah well, aways got the TV shows she acts in!:rasp:

angelus0901
5th Jan 2011, 12:42
She is not going to voice Lara?! How do you know that? Source please...

SE_Cath
5th Jan 2011, 12:55
It's been said in the Game Informer podcast (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2010/12/21/special-edition-podcast-tomb-raider.aspx), around 8:05 min. ;)

Ants_27_
5th Jan 2011, 13:21
Ah, though I suppose in a way it's a good thing for me cause I won't be playing Tomb Raider expecting Gene Hunt to turn up or have other characters call her Alex Drake as opposed to Lara Croft.

But saying that, every new voice a character (from a game) just makes that character become nothing more than a graphic as opposed to a character. I know I sound like a right ______ but I can't help it, I love detail and consistency with films, games and books.

Fox89
5th Jan 2011, 14:35
Damn! No Keeley! *plays my tiny violin of sadness* I like her voice very very much, this is bad news.

Oh well! Lara Croft is an upper class British girl, as long as they get someone who fits that description to voice her they can't go far wrong.

Jurre
5th Jan 2011, 15:23
But saying that, every new voice a character (from a game) just makes that character become nothing more than a graphic as opposed to a character. I know I sound like a right ______ but I can't help it, I love detail and consistency with films, games and books.
I very much agree. I too like consistency and it annoys me when they do something so unnecessary as to change the voice actor of the main character of the game (and then usualy give the part to Nolan North)

_Love2Raid_
5th Jan 2011, 17:07
I very much agree. I too like consistency and it annoys me when they do something so unnecessary as to change the voice actor of the main character of the game (and then usualy give the part to Nolan North)
:lol:

The voice actor of the latest Prince of Persia was Yuri Lowenthal again. :rasp:

Anyway, yeah, they said they were looking for a new voice actress. So no more Keeley (but maybe she could still return for another LC (GOL style) game? :scratch:)

I don´t mind a change now, because it´s not the only thing that´s being changed, just saying. As long as they stick with her no matter what for the rest of the games with this new Lara...

Beowulf71
5th Jan 2011, 18:14
So many "well known" actresses I never heard of, besides their voices in a videogame!

Then again, I didn't even heard their voices that much, just in some gameplay videos, trailers... my game was in french.:scratch:

Anyway, I don't really have any idea on who should voice LC in the next game, as long as she's good.

phantomfox
6th Jan 2011, 01:12
the same from legend. otherwise someone with a sexy british accent.

LC is Me
6th Jan 2011, 02:58
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

D:
wut is the meaning of this? No Keeley?

The_Hylden
6th Jan 2011, 08:28
Well, they've reworked Lara as a character from the ground up; totally new and she's much younger. Her physical make-up, this as a back story, and personality are a lot different so it only stands to reason her voice should be as well. Let's say Christopher Reeve was still alive. You wouldn't expect this new reboot of Superman, with a new actor playing Superman, to have Reeve's voice dubbed in, would you? With the care I've read that CD is putting in remaking Lara, I can trust they will find the best voice actress for this new forging of her. :)

BraveNewGuy
6th Jan 2011, 09:07
anyone who can scream better

brand.seph
8th Jan 2011, 13:10
:thumb::lol::thumb:

IvanaKC
9th Jan 2011, 14:13
Oh well, I'm very disappointed. Keeley was awesome voice actress. Besides her, I like Judith Gibbins, but I'm sure she won't be in this new TR because she doesn't sound like young Lara. I'm just hoping they will find someone with voice I can get used to. For example, Jonell Elliott has such an unplesant voice, it irritates me. On the other side, you could easily get used to Keeley's voice.

angelus0901
9th Jan 2011, 14:42
I don't understand why she won't be coming back. She's been with us for 4 games.... Like Ivana, I, too, am disappointed... :mad:

Ants_27_
9th Jan 2011, 17:34

Actually Keeley appears to scream better when she ain't in TR.:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0BAjY-KaU

Though would Keeley's Alex Drake scream suit as she falls to her death?:rasp: But it was kinda loud when I watched that on TV, considering the TV was quite loud for some reason!

I suppose it might be a case of she is busy filming for some other TV show again and won't be available for the time slot CD want for someone to do the voice over?

Rios
10th Jan 2011, 04:29
Claudia Black, maybe?

Sina_Croft
10th Jan 2011, 22:55
Claudia Black, maybe?

wow she just sounds like CORE Lara haha xD nice strong voice ^^
but not a bit old for a young Lara? :p

@Ants, really nice! :P

maybe Rachel Hurd-Wood? I don't really know her, but she's a british, young.. :p haha (I'm not stating this very well haha xD ) ah well ;P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QABfin1SZZk

Coyotegrey
11th Jan 2011, 05:25
I think Keir should record the voice, or at least an unlockable variant!

<_<

*Runs back to the Eidos Montreal title boards...

chriss_99
11th Jan 2011, 07:47
Actually Keeley appears to scream better when she ain't in TR.:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0BAjY-KaU

That was EPIC! :eek:

Rios
11th Jan 2011, 08:24
but not a bit old for a young Lara? :p

I thought about that too, but maybe if they push for a more matureish, is that even a word? anyway mature Lara it would work, although admittedly the concept art if anything makes her look youthful, but I still feel like maybe her voice would work. Also she has done video game voice work before, she was the voice of Chloe Frazier in Uncharted 2.

WinterSoldierLTE
12th Jan 2011, 02:24
No Angelina Jolie please ;)

LC is Me
12th Jan 2011, 02:35
No Angelina Jolie please ;)

I don't think they would ever consider her for a voiceover? :scratch:

'Sides, she sounds old.

Silvermoth
12th Jan 2011, 10:20
It'll be interesting to see what kind of voice they get. Will it be a tough, throaty sort of voice like Angelina's Lara? Or with a slight plum in her mouth like classic Lara? Or something new? She could even have a tough inner city London voice for all I know.

I just hope it's not American. Lara should be British. Also I hope they go for someone younger to accentuate the "new" Lara but not too young and naive like the last person who voiced Samus Aran in the last Metroid game.

LC is Me
12th Jan 2011, 19:23
I just hope it's not American. Lara should be British. Also I hope they go for someone younger to accentuate the "new" Lara but not too young and naive like the last person who voiced Samus Aran in the last Metroid game.

Why would they change her nationality?
:scratch:

And I wanted to stab myself in the ears every time Samus spoke.
Just shut up and do your job. D:

Silvermoth
13th Jan 2011, 06:17
Why would they change her nationality?
:scratch:

Because it's a crazy old world out there.:nut:

Nah, I don't know. It's not that I think they will it's more that I hope they don't.

Jaheria
15th Jan 2011, 19:23
I'll voice her :P

Kami
15th Jan 2011, 23:19
I love the way Jonell sounds. She can sound young - was really good in tr4 and trc AND she can sound badass. Has this classiness to her voice. REally great :)

But we are getting someone new, so I would like someone like that ^ like Jonell Elliot

Elliot Kane
17th Jan 2011, 13:48
I kind of like the idea of Carey Mulligan doing it. I think she'd make a great 'Young Lara'. Perfect accent and excellent acting skills.

Sina_Croft
17th Jan 2011, 22:32
I kind of like the idea of Carey Mulligan doing it. I think she'd make a great 'Young Lara'. Perfect accent and excellent acting skills.
*looked up* Hmm Nice :P

JadenXI
22nd Jan 2011, 01:36
I want it someone unknown to me. I definitely don't want to hear Claudia Black or someone I recognize from 10 other things. There's this thing called "immersion" that tends to break when that happens.

The_Hylden
22nd Jan 2011, 05:35
Claudia Black also has far, far too deep a voice. I love her acting and voice/accent, but on voice alone, she's definitely 30's-40's, or even older-sounding. This is the teenage Lara here...

Sina_Croft
22nd Jan 2011, 10:42
just some random british girl would do xD not really, xD I'm very curious who they will bring up :)

Silvermoth
13th Mar 2011, 10:04
I wonder if whoever plays the character in the movie will have a part in her contract to do the voiceover work for this game?

Natla
13th Mar 2011, 12:37
Lily Allen

mrskurtistrent
15th Mar 2011, 04:47
I honestly dont know! HMM, somebody with a young voice like Ivana KC mentioned. Shame Keeley Hawes is not returning for the next tr :(

--------------
"I feel stronger now.."- AoD Lara :P

SylvesterFox
16th Mar 2011, 21:34
Last time I checked, Keeley Hawes was no longer going to provide the voice of Lara Croft (fair, since her voice wouldn't really be believable for a 21-year-old-fresh-out-of-college Tomb Raider) and several "unknown" voice talents were being "trialed" to take her place.

Not only was Keeley Hawes a perfect fit for Lara's voice, but she'd actually done some acting work outside of videogame voice work. I think the new Lara should also have at least some acting chops to take her place.

My suggestion for the new game would be Gemma Arterton. She's a little too "big" to count as an unknown, but she's actually got a little bit of clout in the acting world, and her voice would be perfect for Lara: English, youthfull, and sexy as hell.

Pulse
16th Mar 2011, 21:59
Ali Hillis :D

3ssY0JSuckM

SylvesterFox
16th Mar 2011, 22:03
My vote goes to Gemma Arterton. She may be more famous than what they're looking for, but she's an actual actress, and she's got a unique voice that's young, sexy, and English.

Natla
17th Mar 2011, 07:33
I'm going to try listening to her voice without watching her picture and see what I think. I thought her head girl in St. Trinian's was fairly Lara like, but I don't know what it'd be like with just the soundtrack. A voice artist doesn't necessarily have to look like Lara.

Ants_27_
17th Mar 2011, 07:49
Here's the problem.

I was born and live in England and I'd seen Keeley in quite a number of things way before Legend. She's pretty cool. Then she got the part in the TV series Ashes to Ashes... this I watched before and fell in love with before I bought Legend.

So upon hearing her voice in Legend Lara Croft then became Alex Drake. Understand where I'm coming from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndlbfmCK5M

So having an actress with no experience is actually quite a good.

At least that's how it works for me.:)

Jurre
17th Mar 2011, 11:47
@Ants: you mean when you know the actor/actress from something else you'll keep to associate hem/her with that particular role...?

Like everytime I see Bob Hoskins I think: that is professor Challenger!

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
22nd Mar 2011, 02:46
i just hope that the replacement voice actress doesn't sound too young. i mean i get that lara's 21, but i think her vocal chords should be well adjusted to puberty by that point.

Natla
22nd Mar 2011, 07:10
I'm not sure Bob Hoskins would sound a bit too manly to be Lara.

WinterSoldierLTE
22nd Mar 2011, 10:20
I always think of Roger Rabbit when I see or hear Bob Hoskins. "You mean you coulda taken your hand outta that cuff at ANY TIME?!"

Natla
22nd Mar 2011, 12:26
If Bob Hoskins voiced Lara she'd be a bit like Dr. Girlfriend.

Foundered
22nd Mar 2011, 20:57
Minnie Driver did a good job of voicing Lara in the Tomb Raider animated series on Gametap

xXTombRaiderXx
27th Apr 2011, 19:48
i really think kirea knightly should do her voice she's got a really nice posh british voice xxx :) and her voice is very sexy tbh lol ;)

Greenas
27th Apr 2011, 22:20
Haha Kiera Knightly would actually be a good choice, although she probably thinks she's too important to play the voice of Lara Croft.

But yes, something new, fresh and unexpected would be a nice twist for Lara's voice.

Pulse
27th Apr 2011, 22:32
In another thread about this subject, I said Ali Hillis. I still say her just cause she can sound tough but still have some vulnerability.

_Love2Raid_
27th Apr 2011, 23:27
They had better not pick an American lady 'trying' to be British. :lol:
And she had better not sound like one of those stereotypical high school girls you see in movies. :nut::nut:

Pulse
28th Apr 2011, 22:16
Well Lara is supposed to be 21, so she's not exactly very young. They'd better get a woman with talent.

What's wrong with an American lady? as long as she can pull it off...

TrickyVein
28th Apr 2011, 22:31
Lara should be rebooted as an American, I think.

I kid, I kid :)

Red Meat
29th Apr 2011, 14:41
What's wrong with an American lady? as long as she can pull it off...

Nothings wrong with an American lady.. It's just the majority of the time they can't pull it off..

_Love2Raid_
29th Apr 2011, 23:16
Indeed, nothing wrong with them. Not at all. But why would they go for a fake 'imitator', when they could get real British girls to do the voice? That's why. Usually people would still be able to tell at times that it's not real, I suppose Brits would definitely notice. I probably wouldn't though, unless it was really bad lol.

Unless of course it's someone who has the accent and moved from the UK to the States later in her life, becoming 'American'. Yeah, then I have no objections, naturally. XD

Ants_27_
30th Apr 2011, 08:53
In a sense I've grown up with her.

She was in some of the 'older' Scooby Doo cartoons I used to watch when I was knee high to a grasshopper. She came back in force when she voiced Naomi in the MGS series. Now she's in the likes of bullet storm and Mass Effect and her voice is pure cool.

Jenifer Hale. Doubt it'd fit but still, why not post. Alas she is American though.

W23_Rc662PA&feature=related

LC is Me
30th Apr 2011, 16:46
Indeed, nothing wrong with them. Not at all. But why would they go for a fake 'imitator', when they could get real British girls to do the voice? That's why. Usually people would still be able to tell at times that it's not real, I suppose Brits would definitely notice. I probably wouldn't though, unless it was really bad lol.

Unless of course it's someone who has the accent and moved from the UK to the States later in her life, becoming 'American'. Yeah, then I have no objections, naturally. XD
LOL, not that I am offended or anything, but they do that all the time with roles in America.
They'll get British people or people from other backgrounds to play roles and try to fake an "American accent" (do people view how we speak as an accent? lol either way), which generally sounds horribly dry and forced anyway. So it's a two-way street.

I personally don't care. As long as her voice isn't super whiny, I don't care.
Her voice is excusable so long as the game is good.

dark7angel
30th Apr 2011, 18:32

I think it is important who they get to voice Lara. A good voice actor can make all the difference. Take Uncharted for example: one of the best things about the games is the voice acting for all the characters! I hope we get top quality voice actors for the next TR, not only for Lara but to Conrad and the rest of the characters. :cool:

Greenas
30th Apr 2011, 20:36
In another thread about this subject, I said Ali Hillis. I still say her just cause she can sound tough but still have some vulnerability.

Absolutely :D. I think she is actually my favourite video game voice over actress. Liara is my favourite female character in Mass Effect and Lightning was also great in FF13.

Only problem is she'll have to learn to pull off an impeccable british accent, which might prove to be a teency weency probleme. :(

Silvermoth
30th Apr 2011, 22:19
Y'know, if they do get a well known movie or television actress to voice Lara I wonder if they'll do the same with the other characters? Lara's bound to have a nemesis somewhere on the island after all.

Ants_27_
30th Apr 2011, 22:42
Now, in terms of the other characters I would find it sheer genius to have Stephen Fry do some acting in there somewhere. His voice is just pure brilliance and a pure awesome guy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM

or have perhaps Phil Glenister in there somewhere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcey1MOOTMY (The guy in the middle)

But to add more to my dream cast of game actors then:
John Cleese.
David Bowie (yes, he's acted, the odd game too)
Alan Rickman
Sean Connery

Okay, okay I'll stop! :lol:

_Love2Raid_
1st May 2011, 01:53
LOL, not that I am offended or anything, but they do that all the time with roles in America.
They'll get British people or people from other backgrounds to play roles and try to fake an "American accent" (do people view how we speak as an accent? lol either way), which generally sounds horribly dry and forced anyway. So it's a two-way street.

Good, because you shouldn't be. :)

And what you're describing is undesirable as well. Just doesn't make much sense. And yeah, I do consider it being an accent of 'English'. Don't know about others.

I think when voice acting is 'good', it doesn't affect a game neither positively nor negatively for me. I can live with 'mediocre', but really bad acting can ruin a game for me, if it's truly cringe-worthy. On the other hand, really great voice acting (both casting and performance) can make a game more enjoyable.

Apparently she will be quite hysterical and screaming a lot, at least in the beginning of the game. Read that in one of the many articles that are floating around. They're also considering to use the placeholder voice as the real voice, but they aren't sure yet. They've got about a dozen of actresses to choose from.

Red Meat
1st May 2011, 15:05
It would be awesome if they could get Sean Bean to voice Conrad Roth.. I can't think of anyone better to voice him..

If Conrad doesn't have a proper Yorkshire accent it will drive me insane..

Jurre
1st May 2011, 17:22
If Conrad doesn't have a proper Yorkshire accent it will drive me insane..
Just out of curiosity: why is Yorkshire appropriate?

Jerion
1st May 2011, 20:23
Karen Gillan would have the right voice for this I think...pity she's busy with Doctor Who (though she's doing a fantastic job there!)

LC is Me
1st May 2011, 21:50
I think it is important who they get to voice Lara. A good voice actor can make all the difference. Take Uncharted for example: one of the best things about the games is the voice acting for all the characters! I hope we get top quality voice actors for the next TR, not only for Lara but to Conrad and the rest of the characters. :cool:
I've played some video games where the voice acting was terrible but the game itself was pretty good.
I can't stand the voice acting in 95% of Resident Evil titles, but the games didn't disappoint. Bayonetta was one of the cheesiest games I have ever played, voice acting wise, but the gameplay and the story was great. I guess I'm just different. LOL idk.

I can admit to playingg games where voice acting killed it. Metroid: Other M...

Good, because you shouldn't be. :)

And what you're describing is undesirable as well. Just doesn't make much sense. And yeah, I do consider it being an accent of 'English'. Don't know about others.

I think when voice acting is 'good', it doesn't affect a game neither positively nor negatively for me. I can live with 'mediocre', but really bad acting can ruin a game for me, if it's truly cringe-worthy. On the other hand, really great voice acting (both casting and performance) can make a game more enjoyable.

Apparently she will be quite hysterical and screaming a lot, at least in the beginning of the game. Read that in one of the many articles that are floating around. They're also considering to use the placeholder voice as the real voice, but they aren't sure yet. They've got about a dozen of actresses to choose from.
HARHAR, I haz American accent. :D

As long as she isn't overly hysterical...like over doing the drama...I'm ok with some hysterics. She's witnessing a shipwreck and falling off rocks and junk.
So we shall see I suppose. :P
I think my indifference has more so to do with the fact that I'm a little more comfortable with TR than any other franchise or something...

Andy64
2nd May 2011, 00:00
My top guess for voice actress is Evangeline lilly. I think CD based the new Lara heavily of Kate from Lost so I wouldn't be suprised if they got her to do the voice for the new Lara.

Jerion
2nd May 2011, 00:10
My top guess for voice actress is Evangeline lilly. I think CD based the new Lara heavily of Kate from Lost so I wouldn't be suprised if they got her to do the voice for the new Lara.

Long as we're sticking with the women of Lost, I hope the personality is closer to Juliet than Kate. Kate annoyed the crap out of me. :hmm:

But yes, good actress.

Pulse
2nd May 2011, 06:02
I can admit to playingg games where voice acting killed it. Metroid: Other M...

I didn't find the voice acting that bad in Other M... Of course it wasn't good, but it wasn't that bad. I could see potential in the voice acting at moments,when Samus says "Why did you shoot me?" as an example, the actress grasped the emotion with that line (if I remember correctly....)

But I do agree with you. Terrible, terrible acting can totally ruin a game. I enjoy the stories of games a lot, and if that story is littered with an awful attempt at acting, then it will take a lot away from the experience.

Pulse
2nd May 2011, 06:29
Rachel Robinson did an absolutely amazing job as Fang in FFXIII. She nailed the Australian accent and portrayed the character's emotions wonderfully. Definitely one of the most standout voices I've heard.

I attempted to search for a video, but couldn't find one that properly fit what I was looking for.

dark7angel
2nd May 2011, 08:29
Long as we're sticking with the women of Lost, I hope the personality is closer to Juliet than Kate. Kate annoyed the crap out of me. :hmm:

But yes, good actress.

A little off topic here, but I agree! Kate annoyed me to the point of becoming my least fav character! I hope Lara doesn't resemble Kate in any way!!!!

Elliot Kane
5th May 2011, 14:00
Carey Mulligan, for me. I think she has a gorgeous speaking voice and would be perfect for the role.

Superb actress, too, which wouldn't hurt...

Silvermoth
28th May 2011, 22:46
Now that the teaser is immenint this thread definetly deserves a bump. I wonder if the role has already been cast and we'll get an announcement at E3? I'm dying to know!

IvanaKC
29th May 2011, 11:21
Rachel Robinson did an absolutely amazing job as Fang in FFXIII. She nailed the Australian accent and portrayed the character's emotions wonderfully. Definitely one of the most standout voices I've heard.

I attempted to search for a video, but couldn't find one that properly fit what I was looking for.

She was in my mind too. And when I think of Lara, somehow I see a little bit of Fang in her.

Ants_27_
29th May 2011, 11:48
Karen Gillan would have the right voice for this I think...pity she's busy with Doctor Who (though she's doing a fantastic job there!)

That wouldn't have been my choice but it's not a bad one either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsnG6eKzOGE&feature=fvst

The cast have Doctor Who have managed to actually to persuade me they aren't to shabby... well after that awful series that was series 5.

Silvermoth
3rd Jun 2011, 10:30
So do we have confirmation of the actress who voiced Lara in the trailer? She sounded very Sarah Conneresque.

LC is Me
3rd Jun 2011, 12:15
Whoever it is, their voice is...I don't know how to describe it.
But I like it.

Ayu2Hami
3rd Jun 2011, 13:04
Her voice in trailer is very similar to Yvonne Strahovski ;)

Danielsun_
3rd Jun 2011, 19:30
Her voice in trailer is very similar to Yvonne Strahovski ;)

Just wait for Shepherd to give her a helping hand :p

DamianGraham
3rd Jun 2011, 20:19
So... The voice in the teaser... is that the new voice of Lara? I don't see why they'd use a placeholder for the debut official trailer, I'm thinkin it's the final VA. and she's astounding portrayed emotion effectively and when she screamed "help" it made me feel...bad. I see what they mean by making Lara "relatable" :D :D :D

Silvermoth
3rd Jun 2011, 22:37
Apparently they've mentioned on twitter that that is the actual new voice of Lara and not a placeholder.

It'll be interesting to find out who she is. She sounds English but like she's trying to be English. I like it, it has the right emotion but I wonder if the voice actress is non British.

Sina_Croft
3rd Jun 2011, 23:42
She doesn't really sound full British, but I like her :p

Gemma_Darkmoon_
4th Jun 2011, 00:13
She doesn't sound very British to me but the visuals are so impressive in the trailer that it doesn't matter so much.

WinterSoldierLTE
4th Jun 2011, 00:18
Man, I dunno. Whoever it is in the preview is good for sure, but it's going to take some getting used to. Just felt... weird not hearing Keeley. I understand Lara's younger and they wanted/needed a younger voice and all that, but it still just felt weird. Ah well. I'll get used to it in time I suppose.

Ants_27_
4th Jun 2011, 08:51
Man, I dunno. Whoever it is in the preview is good for sure, but it's going to take some getting used to. Just felt... weird not hearing Keeley. I understand Lara's younger and they wanted/needed a younger voice and all that, but it still just felt weird. Ah well. I'll get used to it in time I suppose.

If you ever need a dose of Keeley, either boot up the other three games or just watch TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLLZv5VKao

:rasp:

Danielsun_
4th Jun 2011, 08:58
If you ever need a dose of Keeley, either boot up the other three games or just watch TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZLLZv5VKao

:rasp:

No matter the topic, you can always bring up keeley somehow :p

IvanaKC
4th Jun 2011, 13:30
No matter the topic, you can always bring up keeley somehow :p

I noticed that too. Ants, are you secretly in love with Keeley? :lol:

Danielsun_
4th Jun 2011, 16:30
I noticed that too. Ants, are you secretly in love with Keeley? :lol:

secretly? :p

Ants_27_
4th Jun 2011, 17:18
Any woman or man (for that matter) that was in Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes I'm in love with...

Those two shows did strange things to my mind.:lol:

I wouldn't mind I was watching something on Clive barker when I posted that link... perhaps it wasn't the shows that did weird things to my mind!

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
18th Jul 2011, 20:35
i know this is a completely idiotic question to ask,
but does anyone know the name of the voice actress that
plays Lara in the 'Turning Point' trailer?
i've been going bonkers trying to find out who she is because her voice is amazing.

dark7angel
18th Jul 2011, 20:52
At this point there is no confirmation as to who the voice actress is. There are some wild guesses by some fans but an official announcement is yet to be made.

LadyRufina
18th Jul 2011, 21:57
I am sure the voice actress is Tamzin Merchant. It doesn't sound exactly like her in the trailer but it sounds exactly like her in the demo.

a_big_house
18th Jul 2011, 22:05
I'd rather not know at all, seems silly but I think knowing Keeley was Lara sort of ruined the effect for me

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
18th Jul 2011, 22:52
At this point there is no confirmation as to who the voice actress is. There are some wild guesses by some fans but an official announcement is yet to be made.

ohh ok, i just believed that they would release her name after the launch trailer's debut.
I am sure the voice actress is Tamzin Merchant. It doesn't sound exactly like her in the trailer but it sounds exactly like her in the demo.

i've watched multiple interviews with that actress,
and she actually does sound like Lara in both the trailer and the demo! nice guess ;)

I'd rather not know at all, seems silly but I think knowing Keeley was Lara sort of ruined the effect for me

and although this is very true, i'm always beyond curious about these things,
and i have to find out who is behind the character.
it's one of my annoying qualities :hmm:

JapaneseIsland
23rd Aug 2011, 18:08
im sure its tamzin merchant too.

LadyRufina
23rd Aug 2011, 18:34
im sure its tamzin merchant too.

Yay! Another agreer! If it is then I think they done an amazing job in picking her. She sounds very english but not too english and very versatile so will be able to do the scared and vulnerable bits and the strong and tough bits as well :)

Ants_27_
23rd Aug 2011, 20:29
and although this is very true, i'm always beyond curious about these things,
and i have to find out who is behind the character.
it's one of my annoying qualities :hmm:

I don' blame you, I'm one of these people. Like with films. I've always been the kind of person who (if I enjoy a film) will look at not only the stars but the producers, director, editor and director of photography (for example). So usually I like to know who voices who, not all the time, but quite a lot.

But as for the idea of 'knowing' Keeley Hawes was the voice actress then, I always saw her as Alex Drake opposed to Lara Croft so when I play Legend, Anni or Underworld I just naturally expect to see a Red 1980's Audi Quattro turn up.:lol:

WinterSoldierLTE
23rd Aug 2011, 23:35
^^^ Yeah I'm one of those "Super Fans" as well. First time I saw "The Lost Boys" I literaly said: "Man, that was fantastic! Who did the catering on that?"

Well, ok, that's a joke. But yeah, if I dig something alot, I wannna know every morsel of info. Which is why commentary tracks on dvd's are a godsend to me. Oh, and commentary tracks on video games. That was friggin' awesome.

sierra xb
24th Aug 2011, 01:13
well I finally got around to listening to Tamzin Merchant on youtube, and I can definitely see how she might possibly be the voice for Lara. Not quite as "scratchy" but a good actress could certaibly duplicate that. Looking forward to hearing an actual announcement.

d1n0_xD
24th Aug 2011, 09:44
^ If Karls says later that the voice actress is Tamzin, it would be cool to tell the devs that LadyRufina figured it out and then be like this: :rasp:

MaxRaider
25th Aug 2011, 03:52
I just can't wait to find out. :mad2:

LadyRufina
25th Aug 2011, 08:03
^ If Karls says later that the voice actress is Tamzin, it would be cool to tell the devs that LadyRufina figured it out and then be like this: :rasp:

LOL. Looking forward to it. I think we can't be too far away from the announcement... Hopefully :D

d1n0_xD
25th Aug 2011, 09:42
Here's another reason why Tamzin could be the voice actress... She should have starred as Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones but was dropped out due to 'unknown reasons', Clarke being her substitute. It would seem she dropped out because of TR... We'll see :D

dark7angel
25th Aug 2011, 10:37
Here's another reason why Tamzin could be the voice actress... She should have starred as Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones but was dropped out due to 'unknown reasons', Clarke being her substitute. It would seem she dropped out because of TR... We'll see :D

Tamzin being dropped from GoT doesn't necessarily mean anything. It would be most likely possible to find a way to conciliate both GoT and TR if that was the case. Emily Rose, for instance, is the voice actress for Elena Fisher in the Uncharted series and she is also the lead actress on the tv series Haven.

We'll just have to wait and see... :thumb:

d1n0_xD
25th Aug 2011, 10:43
^ Yeah, I know, could be coincidence, but I wanted to share :D
Time will tell ^^

dark7angel
25th Aug 2011, 12:36
I really think that Tamzin being dropped from GoT doesn't have anything to do with TR, 'cause I've been doing some digging and she was cast as Daenerys Targaryen on 20 August 2009 and departed the project around March 2010 (when Emilia Clarke joined GoT). As far as I know, it was only this year (2011) that CD started casting the voice of Lara and on an interview on E3 Karl said they had just signed the contract with the mystery girl.

I'm not saying it isn't Tamzin, I really have no idea! I can hear some similarities between her voice and Lara's but she lacks a certain rasp that Lara's voice has...

LadyRufina
25th Aug 2011, 13:23
I really think that Tamzin being dropped from GoT doesn't have anything to do with TR, 'cause I've been doing some digging and she was cast as Daenerys Targaryen on 20 August 2009 and departed the project around March 2010 (when Emilia Clarke joined GoT). As far as I know, it was only this year (2011) that CD started casting the voice of Lara and on an interview on E3 Karl said they had just signed the contract with the mystery girl.

I'm not saying it isn't Tamzin, I really have no idea! I can hear some similarities between her voice and Lara's but she lacks a certain rasp that Lara's voice has...

In her interviews she sounds a lot more posh, so maybe they wanted to dull her down a bit. Listen to her as Katherine Howard in 'The Tudors' she sounds a lot more like Lara in gameplay...

dark7angel
25th Aug 2011, 13:31
In her interviews she sounds a lot more posh, so maybe they wanted to dull her down a bit. Listen to her as Katherine Howard in 'The Tudors' she sounds a lot more like Lara in gameplay...

I shall look for it then... thanks! :thumb:

LadyRufina
25th Aug 2011, 20:56
I shall look for it then... thanks! :thumb:

Do you think it's her now or still not?

dark7angel
25th Aug 2011, 22:00
Do you think it's her now or still not?

I've seen a few videos... they are similar, but I don't know... From all the actresses people have suggested, I would say she's probably the closest voice... :thumb:

laralonghair
11th Nov 2011, 04:50
I don't like Lara's new voice it doesn't seem to suit her she sounds like she's about ten years old. Maybe I just have to get used to it. It just doesn't match her look.

LadyRufina
12th Nov 2011, 12:12
I'm sure you will get used to it. I didn't really like Keeley Hawes' voice at first, it sounded a little to old and croaky for Lara but I love it now. I don't know why but I instantly loved the new voice for this Lara. She sounds the right age and she's got a posh feel to it as well seeing as Lara is a Duchess (probably).

Lara_Fan_84
16th Nov 2011, 19:41
They should keep the one they had in the trailer, the game play one I mean.

LadyRufina
16th Nov 2011, 19:44
They have, i'm sure. I just hope it's who I think it is or i'll look like a bloody idiot :lol:

Lara_Fan_84
16th Nov 2011, 19:46
They have, i'm sure. I just hope it's who I think it is or i'll look like a bloody idiot :lol:

Well, you could always wait until the game comes out and be like "Yes I was right" or you can not say anything if you are wrong. :D

LadyRufina
16th Nov 2011, 19:47
I've already announced my guess in half of the threads though :lol:

Lara_Fan_84
16th Nov 2011, 19:54
I've already announced my guess in half of the threads though :lol:

Oh. Well, if you're wrong you can buy everyone dinner. :lol:

LadyRufina
16th Nov 2011, 20:00
Bread and Butter anyone? (I can't cook) :p

stevo505
1st Dec 2011, 05:21
I have a feeling it might be Camilla Luddington :D

zFHLsrUUBBM

dark7angel
1st Dec 2011, 10:09
^I honestly don't hear it! And I hope it's not her. Even though she is English, her accent seams a mix of English and American due to her being living in the USA for a long time.

I honestly hope we are all wrong and the voice actress is someone that no one has suggested yet! But from everyone that was suggested I would prefer Tamzin!

LadyRufina
1st Dec 2011, 18:22
^^ Nah, I don't hear it either. I could see why you would think that, it is slightly like her voice in the trailer but I am still dead certain that it's Tamzin.

d1n0_xD
4th Dec 2011, 07:47
Somebody posted this on tumblr:

http://i43.tinypic.com/n3p189.jpg

And I don't know, she kinda lost her accent... does anyone else find the resemblance? And the picture's quality is bad... hmm...

Edit: And there's also a youtube video about her entitled 'Lara's possible voice actress'

{video already posted a few posts back}

I don't hear it, but what do you know, maybe XD Still think it's the Tamzin girl.

dark7angel
4th Dec 2011, 11:18
^About that picture, if I'm not mistaken some guys on the TR forums made that using Uncharted behind the scenes footage. They photoshoped Camilla's face into Emily Rose's body...

d1n0_xD
4th Dec 2011, 11:41
^ That's what I figured... Oh, well :D

LadyRufina
23rd May 2012, 08:47
Watched the trailer and demo again and i've fallen in love with the voice. I'm still 100% sure it's Tamzin Merchant. Do you think they'll reveal the voice actress at E3 or has it already been confirmed as an E3 reveal?

Metalrocks
23rd May 2012, 12:36
we will see. at least we know it wont be the same voice actress from the previous games. i have no idea who the voice actress is in the trailer but sounds suitable to me and i dont see reason why not use her for the game.
otherwise i would ask my self who did they hire for the E3 2011 demo and not use her again for the final product.

if im wrong, someone please correct me.

dark7angel
23rd May 2012, 12:41
If I remember correctly, the voice actress from last year E3 demo is the same from the Turning Point trailer and is the final voice actress for the game (unless things have changed in the mean time...)

Metalrocks
23rd May 2012, 14:27
If I remember correctly, the voice actress from last year E3 demo is the same from the Turning Point trailer and is the final voice actress for the game (unless things have changed in the mean time...)

would be weird if they would change the actress for the final game, instead of keeping the one they have now.
well, maybe they will reveal it at the E3.

Driber
24th May 2012, 16:25
There has not been a confirmation of an E3 voice actress reveal AFAIK.

Quolli
8th Jun 2012, 10:51
Edit by Driber, June 26:

It's official! Lara's new voice actress has been revealed! I just received this press release from Meagan herself :)

London (26 JUNE, 2012) Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announced that the English-born actress Camilla Luddington has been chosen to be the voice and performance actress of famous video game adventurer, Lara Croft in the new Tomb Raider® game.
After an international talent search using scouts in Europe and the US, Luddington stood out as delivering both a depth of emotion and the youthful tone needed for Lara Croft in the upcoming reimagining of the Tomb Raider franchise, due for release on March 5, 2013.

“This has been one of the most important jobs for us to get right,” said Darrell Gallagher, head of studio at Crystal Dynamics “‘This Tomb Raider game is very different to any other and we are demanding far more from the voice and performance acting than ever before as we take the franchise in a new direction.”

This July Luddington will also participate in the Nerd HQ and Comic-Con panels in San Diego, where she will join the development team as they talk about Tomb Raider and the story behind its creation.

Recently Luddington has starred in hit Showtime series, Californication© and can also be seen in the current season of HBO’s True Blood©.

http://driber.net/os/tr9/t/Camilla_Small.jpg (http://driber.net/os/tr9/Camilla_Small.jpg)
(click to enlarge)

/edit

---------------------------------

Now that we've seen various E3 previews I think we're now in a position to critique Lara's new voice. I know there was some backlash previously with the "Crossroads" trailer, but there wasn't enough there in my opinion to justly critique it.

Keep this clean guys, I know there's been a lot opinions about it, but try your best ;)

In my opinion, the voice acting is a bit off a mixed bag. The groans and shivers, just anything that isn't actual dialogue is quite good. It can get over the top sometimes, especially the loud breathing during "stealthy" scenes.
The dialogue delivery however is quite poor. The poor actress sounds like her voice is strained and is forcing emotion out. It may also be due to the general lack of direction by the director, although I don't think it would sound that bad without it.

Elliot Kane
8th Jun 2012, 11:03
I'm really not a fan for the reasons I've already stated elsewhere. While I don't think it's completely dreadful, I do think it's bad, so I went with that option.

chriss_99
8th Jun 2012, 12:47
I didn't like it at the beginning because I thought it was a bit childish. However, now after seeing some really good gameplay videos I can say that it actually suits young Lara and I wouldn't change it :)

Metalrocks
8th Jun 2012, 13:54
surely not happy with it but i have heard far worse voice acting in games.
the groaning is all fine in some way. at least for someone who never has experience anything like this before but she still shoulndt be treated like a little girl that is scared of everything.
heavy breathing is understandable so i can accept that. but her voice does sound too high.

Gitb97
8th Jun 2012, 14:15
She sounds like she's been in America for several years and caught their accent slightly, Keeley should have been the voice actress. Besides, your voice doesn't change that much from when you're 21..

Darkwoodsoftime
8th Jun 2012, 14:49
well it's not all "Perfect" but from the videos we've seen so far and Lara in Different situations i think the voice actress really did a good Job . so yes i like it :D

Olenka
8th Jun 2012, 14:56
I like the voice of the new lara, but i think my favourite voice for lara is Judith Gibbins.

dark7angel
8th Jun 2012, 15:00
When the "Crossroads" trailer came out, I felt there was something off with the voice acting, but after watching all the gameplay demos from E3 I'm starting to warm up to it.

I think I'll wait a little longer to cast my vote on this poll, but right now, I like this voice.

AdobeArtist
8th Jun 2012, 15:34
However, now after seeing some really good gameplay videos I can say that it actually suits young Lara and I wouldn't change it :)

I agree. This sounds much like Lara, but the younger version who has yet to come into her own, to fully develop the confidence and grace we're accustomed to. But we know she'll get there :)

So if I hear one more complaint about the screams and groans, so help me I'll...

Keep this clean guys

Oh sure... take all the fun out of it why don't ya :rasp::o

IvanaKC
8th Jun 2012, 16:13
I voted that it's awful. I already said in some previous thread why I don't like her voice, so here's a quote:

Her voice? Really? It's like voice actress is talking through her nose, like she has a cold! :( And the worst part is that I can't understand her very well because of that.

d1n0_xD
8th Jun 2012, 18:15
I think it's perfect :D

Gemma_Darkmoon_
8th Jun 2012, 18:40
I am not all that keen. The other voice actresses across the games just seemed to fit with Lara better. There is the obvious ovendone moaning but also she doesn't sound that British.

Mikky
8th Jun 2012, 20:09
Voted for It is good, a few criticisms but I can put up with it.

She sounds great in some places, but not so much in others.

LadyRufina
8th Jun 2012, 22:08
I went with perfect because I really can't fault her. There was a tiny hiccup in the Crossroads trailer but other than that she's perfec.

TheBlade
8th Jun 2012, 22:52
It is awful, I hope there is an option in-game to turn off voices.

OneMorePike
9th Jun 2012, 08:19
I like the voice itself )) However, I wonder is the actress British or American?

Gemma_Darkmoon_
9th Jun 2012, 11:16
I like the voice itself )) However, I wonder is the actress British or American?

I think it has been said she is British though suprising she doesn't really sound like it.

Quolli
9th Jun 2012, 11:57
I think it has been said she is British though suprising she doesn't really sound like it.

I agree. It sounds like someone attempting (and failing most of the time) to do a British accent.

Some people speculate that it's Tamzin Merchant. She does sound a heck of a lot like Lara, but her accent is far stronger than it is in the gameplay previews.

Here's a random interview with her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4nE9PcxMnk

Elliot Kane
9th Jun 2012, 13:16
I agree. It sounds like someone attempting (and failing most of the time) to do a British accent.

That is my main problem with it in fact, yes. It sounds like a bad attempt to do an English accent and that really annoys.

OneMorePike
9th Jun 2012, 13:23
thats why I asked, because it really doesn't sound like British...:nut:

JRod108
9th Jun 2012, 14:46
I think she sounds all right. Is she new to voice acting? She sounds a little inexperienced, but I don't think that will break the game for me.

d1n0_xD
9th Jun 2012, 17:08
We get to find out who she is next month :D

IvanaKC
9th Jun 2012, 21:04
We get to find out who she is next month :D

Really? Can you tell me where did you find that out (link or something)? :)

dark7angel
9th Jun 2012, 21:12
Really? Can you tell me where did you find that out (link or something)? :)

I think Karl said it in an interview/demo commentary during 3E! Can't really remember which one though...

IvanaKC
9th Jun 2012, 21:26
I think Karl said it in an interview/demo commentary during 3E! Can't really remember which one though...

I missed it probably because I didn't watch everything live. Oh well, I'm glad that it'll be revealed soon.

Gitb97
9th Jun 2012, 21:35
Actually he said he didn't want to put an exact date on it because it can change. So he used next month as an example.

mrskurtistrent
14th Jun 2012, 03:59
I actually really like her voice :) not my favorite, but I think she fits the young Lara that they are going for. I can definitely put up with it! So I chose "It is good..." option :D

MusicFreak2013
20th Jun 2012, 20:21
I didn't like it at the beginning because I thought it was a bit childish. However, now after seeing some really good gameplay videos I can say that it actually suits young Lara and I wouldn't change it :)

My thoughts as well.

temirlan
20th Jun 2012, 21:23
In a game at лары remarkable voice hardly is hardly weak but it is natural for a girl,so that I can think that he very charming

Cristiavano
21st Jun 2012, 00:39
it sounds ok, but she sounds more american so it's gonna bother me....

LaraCroft1990
21st Jun 2012, 08:18
i think its ok, different but good :)

_Love2Raid_
23rd Jun 2012, 23:42
I'm not impressed. But I won't go as far as muting the voices, lol. It's bearable.

AdobeArtist
23rd Jun 2012, 23:52
I'm not impressed. But I won't go as far as muting the voices, lol. It's bearable.

Next game, they should just have Lara pantomiming her 'dialog' ;) :nut:

_Love2Raid_
24th Jun 2012, 00:00
Somehow I don't think that would please everyone either. :lol:

Elliot Kane
24th Jun 2012, 00:56
Lara Croft: Mime Raider?

Interesting, but not my first choice, either! :D

Priscillia
24th Jun 2012, 06:51

That's precisely my thoughts ! I found it too childish too (and I still) but the voice itself suits to the young Lara to me. What bothers me a bit are the dialogs too and tha way she's scared all the time.
I know this game deals with how Lara became Lara, but I think that doesn't mean she did not have inner strength already before the trip. I mean the acting could be more mature, even without changing the dialogs after all, and Lara would sound definitely more credible as a survivor to me.

So, to sum up I would say I quite like this young voice but I'd like to hear it in a different way :-)

hiropon056
24th Jun 2012, 08:47
Hmm I have to say I really like her voice. I thnk it fits to a younger Lara. Though I will play the game in german, so I will here another voice. But I hope that her voice-actors in other languages will also fit very well :-)

MusicFreak2013
24th Jun 2012, 21:37
At first I wasn't a big fan of it, but now that we are seeing more gameplay I am starting to love it!!!

Shaikh
25th Jun 2012, 06:07
The voice is awesome. Tamzin Merchant did a fantastic job there. :thumb:

xXTombRaiderXx
25th Jun 2012, 10:58
i love the new voice actress, she's really good, dont see why some people dont like her, well looks like your going to have to get used to her! im looking forward to see who is behind the amazing voice.

AdobeArtist
25th Jun 2012, 11:33
The voice is awesome. Tamzin Merchant did a fantastic job there. :thumb:

Has this been confirmed or are we still speculating?

dark7angel
25th Jun 2012, 12:22

I think it's still speculation!

Shaikh
25th Jun 2012, 13:49
Speculation, but a good one I guess. :whistle:

Quolli
26th Jun 2012, 09:11
It's been officially announced that Lara's new voice actress is in fact not Tamzin Merchant as we all though (even I could hear it lol).

It's actually British actress Camilla Luddington. It's been confirmed on the official Facebook page, not sure about the Tumblr blog though.
I still say it's a pretty lacklustre performance though. Especially regarding the accent, and now that we KNOW she's British, there really shouldn't be any excuse in not being able to do it properly.

Driber
26th Jun 2012, 09:18
Yep, it is official!

I just received this press release from Meagan herself :)

(click to enlarge)

hiropon056
26th Jun 2012, 09:40
never heard of her.. but wow she is beautiful! :D

TranceTrouble
26th Jun 2012, 10:12
oeh interesting news :)
and i also never heard of her before :p

Driber
26th Jun 2012, 10:18
Looks like stevo505 was correct by first naming Camilla some months ago, hehe:

I have a feeling it might be Camilla Luddington :D

-------

Hmmm....I have a feeling our LadyR is going to be outraged that it's not Tamzin, after all :whistle:

TranceTrouble
26th Jun 2012, 10:22
Looks like stevo505 was correct, hehe:

-------

Hmmm....I have a feeling our LadyR is going to be outraged that it's not Tamzin, after all :whistle:

hehe nice one Stevo :D
i could also see her playing Lara in the new movie they are planning. what if? :)

hiropon056
26th Jun 2012, 10:32
^
I also thought about that :)

LadyRufina
26th Jun 2012, 10:34
Looks like stevo505 was correct by first naming Camilla some months ago, hehe:

-------

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvll5ei3Kw1qcckqi.gif

I kid :p I'm happy for her but I do wish it was Tamzin. It definitely explains the American undertone in the new Lara's voice, seeing as Camilla has developed an American accent from living in American for many years, so maybe they could have picked a VA who has Lara's accent come 100% naturally but I do like the voice.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that from what i've seen of Camilla, she does try too hard to recognise as American. I would have liked the VA to be proud to be British and not an American wannabe. Lara is one of few British video-game icons out there today after all. It probably sounds harsh but i've grown up with Lara and this really means a lot to me.

pomeranianpuppy
26th Jun 2012, 11:13
She looks like Tulisa in that picture , i love true blood look forward to seeing her in it. The more i hear her voice as Lara the more i like it :thumb: :D

dark7angel
26th Jun 2012, 11:23
Honestly not excited at all about this news...

I guess the complains about the accent have some ground after all. She might be British but her accent is no longer naturally British but an american mix.

I truly hope she doesn't turn out to be the movie actress as well...

AdobeArtist
26th Jun 2012, 11:37
never heard of her.. but wow she is beautiful! :D

second that!! :eek: :D

Now that I think of it, Karl Stewart said in one of his videos that "a couple of people did guess the voice actress". I wonder who did and where. Seems he didn't mean on the Eidos forums :whistle:

d1n0_xD
26th Jun 2012, 11:47
Damn my absence XD All these news... xD Nice to finally know who the voice actress is, she's beautiful ^^ I love her! :D Can't wait for some interviews! :D Soooooo, is she going to be in the next podcast? Huh? Huh?! HUH?!? :D

Driber
26th Jun 2012, 12:04
Soooooo, is she going to be in the next podcast? Huh? Huh?! HUH?!? :D

That shouldn't even be a question :D

Shaikh
26th Jun 2012, 12:26
Congrats Camilla Luddington for the new Lara(if she browse this forum). The voice in game is absolutely stunning. :thumb:

No wonder why I follow her on Twitter for 5/6 months. :D

just*raidin*tomb
26th Jun 2012, 13:18
No surprise at all. Congrats to her. Despite her Americanized-ness she still sounds good in the game to me. :)

Darkwoodsoftime
26th Jun 2012, 13:29
Pretty Awesome ! she's done a Great Job voicing Lara .

VodkaSushiRoll
26th Jun 2012, 14:55
She single/straight? haha ;p I don't do any voice acting but I pay attention to it a lot more since playing games like Dragon Age & Mass Effect. I really enjoy her voice acting, I think it's perfectly fine if you hear a mix of american/english. Lara to me mingles in many different languages, and most likely Europe of today you hear more of this type of accent over there anyways I don't know but sounds good to me.

Metalrocks
26th Jun 2012, 15:04
already posted in the times thread.. might as well copy and paste it here.

WOW. she looks gorgeous. :eek::flowers:
ok, looks besides , after watching more of the videos we have, im still neutral with her voice. maybe i just have to hear her parts more clearer then from what we have so far.
maybe CD can reveal a audio file so that we can hear her voice only, without any background noises or a ingame scene were we hear her voice clearer.

Elliot Kane
26th Jun 2012, 15:21
Honestly not excited at all about this news...

I guess the complains about the accent have some ground after all. She might be British but her accent is no longer naturally British but an american mix.

I truly hope she doesn't turn out to be the movie actress as well...

I'm with Dark Angel on this one.

How pretty she may be has no bearing on her talent as a voice actress, and I found her totally unconvincing. She sounds like someone putting on an English accent, not a native speaker.

Also, just to be pedantic, I'd like to remind everyone that an English accent is not the same as a British accent.

Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish are also British. Does anyone really think Lara should sound like this:

AtrDBQ_qmlg

Love the accent, don't get me wrong, but still...

pomeranianpuppy
26th Jun 2012, 15:40
She's lived in america for the past 6 years so no wonder she don't sound completely english, my mum develops a southern twang after watching an episode of true blood or the walking dead :D

Metalrocks
26th Jun 2012, 15:57
well. lets hope she will sound better in the final product.
she is totally new to me and i looked her up a bit. never watched any of the shows she was in. dont like watching TV anyway since they show crap most of the time.

LadyRufina
26th Jun 2012, 15:59
She's lived in america for the past 6 years so no wonder she don't sound completely english, my mum develops a southern twang after watching an episode of true blood or the walking dead :D

Ikr. I lived in Italy for 4 years and studied it for GCSE and A-Level and I easily drop into an Italian accent a lot of the time. I thought that it was Tamzin Merchant but she slipped into an American accent accidentally for some reason but I guess we know why now. The acting is good, imo. The accent didn't bother me until now because now I know that Lara is definitely going to have an American slur from now on and it wasn't a slip up. It's probably going to irritate me the more that I think about it.

@EK: I totally agree. And it's not even just an English accent. There's Geordie, Manchester, Liverpool, Yorkshire, East London, Devon/Cornwall, Bristol, North London - those just to name a few are the very distinctive ones. I'd say Lara's accent was a sort of Surrey, Sussex, Kent accent now but it was more North London.

Elliot Kane
26th Jun 2012, 16:02
For anyone who cares, BTW, The Sun has an article on Camilla & TR today. I can't direct link it, for reasons that will become obvious if you look, but it won't be hard to find on their site :)

dark7angel
26th Jun 2012, 16:12
For anyone who cares, BTW, The Sun has an article on Camilla & TR today. I can't direct link it, for reasons that will become obvious if you look, but it won't be hard to find on their site :)

Personally, I find this really sad that CD were trying to stray away from the oversexualized image Lara had and now if you google Lara's new voice actress you get to see her boobs on the top images from the results...

I have nothing against this girl, but I was really hoping for something else.

LadyRufina
26th Jun 2012, 16:15

Oh great. This is very unfortunate for Camilla because it's not her fault for trying to a role but the decision to cast her is going to come down on Crystal like a ton of bricks, especially seeing as this whole 'sexualised' drama hasn't died down yet. It's just going to get worse. The Sun are just trying to make it bigger than it is for sales and it looks like it's working.

Elliot Kane
26th Jun 2012, 16:19
Personally, I find this really sad that CD were trying to stray away from the oversexualized image Lara had and now if you google Lara's new voice actress you get to see her boobs on the top images from the results...

I have nothing against this girl, but I was really hoping for something else.

Must admit, I'm not vastly bothered by that aspect. Trying to recruit a young actress who has NO history of taking her top off for a role would severely limit the field. Granted that in itself is kinda depressing as a commentary on the role of women in film, but still...

When playing through the game, I doubt I'll even be thinking about what Camilla looks like. What she SOUNDS like, however, will be of vital importance...

Oh great. This is very unfortunate for Camilla because it's not her fault for trying to a role but the decision to cast her is going to come down on Crystal like a ton of bricks, especially seeing as this whole 'sexualised' drama hasn't died down yet. It's just going to get worse. The Sun are just trying to make it bigger than it is for sales and it looks like it's working.

It's The Sun. Given a choice between showing topless pictures of an actress and not doing so, their default position is obvious and utterly predictable.

Camilla chose her roles and when/if she started to get better known, the old topless stuff was bound to get dragged out for a wider audience.

CD must have been aware of this, and still cast her, so presumably they were prepared for this, expecting it, and don't mind.

_Love2Raid_
26th Jun 2012, 16:29
Horrible choice!

Just watch some videos of her on YouTube, she speaks with an American accent in real life. What she does for Lara is put-on, fake.

What a disgrace, well done CD. *sarcasm*

(Now let's see if this post stays intact here or gets edited/deleted. ;))

dark7angel
26th Jun 2012, 16:31
Must admit, I'm not vastly bothered by that aspect. Trying to recruit a young actress who has NO history of taking her top off for a role would severely limit the field. Granted that in itself is kinda depressing as a commentary on the role of women in film, but still...

When playing through the game, I doubt I'll even be thinking about what Camilla looks like. What she SOUNDS like, however, will be of vital importance...

I get what you mean, and I guess that's true. What bothers me in this case is that I expect more articles like that one to show up, specially because she isn't known for anything else.

I mean, if it was someone like Emilia Clarke, sure she's naked in Game of Thrones but her performance overshadows that because she's such an amazing actress in such a strong role. While in Camilla's case she's known for a not so good movie about William and Kate and for showing her boobs on a tv show.

If she was a fantastic voice actress in TR, I wouldn't even care about anything else, but the truth is that from the start the community has been divided about Lara's voice...

d1n0_xD
26th Jun 2012, 16:43
I don't think the fact she appears nude in a TV series should be relevant here :p My 2 cents :D

dark7angel
26th Jun 2012, 16:46
I don't think the fact she appears nude in a TV series should be relevant here :p My 2 cents :D

I guess you're right... I apologize for bringing it up.

Still disappointed, though...

TranceTrouble
26th Jun 2012, 16:46
hehe, they want buyers and try everything. blugh tabloids :o

Horrible choice!

Just watch some videos of her on YouTube, she speaks with an American accent in real life. What she does for Lara is put-on, fake.

What a disgrace, well done CD. *sarcasm*

(Now let's see if this post stays intact here or gets edited/deleted. ;))

that's your opinion, you're free to express yourself within the boundaries of the TOU.

I get what you mean, and I guess that's true. What bothers me in this case is that I expect more articles like that one to show up, specially because she isn't known for anything else.

I mean, if it was someone like Emilia Clarke, sure she's naked in Game of Thrones but her performance overshadows that because she's such an amazing actress in such a strong role. While in Camilla's case she's known for a not so good movie about William and Kate and for showing her boobs on a tv show.

If she was a fantastic voice actress in TR, I wouldn't even care about anything else, but the truth is that from the start the community has been divided about Lara's voice...

hmm this could indeed flame things up again, but since she is only announced as the voice behind Lara I bet it will shush out real quick, unless there will be an announcement of her participating in the movie. :p

Elliot Kane
26th Jun 2012, 17:02

It's inevitable. Sex sells.

hehe, they want buyers and try everything. blugh tabloids :o

Yup. 'Meet Lara's new voice actress' just won't sell anywhere near 'See Lara voice actress' boobs' unfortunately.

hmm this could indeed flame things up again, but since she is only announced as the voice behind Lara I bet it will shush out real quick, unless there will be an announcement of her participating in the movie. :p

Anyone actually willing to bet against that?

Just a glance at Camilla shows she is absolutely the kind of actress who COULD be cast as Young Lara (And no, I'm not considering bust size an issue, here, nor the voice).

To be honest, the first thing I saw was the Sun article and at first glance I thought they were talking about who had been cast in the film, not the game.

It would make perfect sense to get the same actress to play her in the film as voices her in the game, to get that sense of it being the same character - especially if the film is to be 'the film of the game'.

Is it really coincidence that the voice actress is a young brown eyed brunette of roughly the same physique as the original Lara design sketches? I have my doubts...

d1n0_xD
26th Jun 2012, 17:13
I guess you're right... I apologize for bringing it up.

Still disappointed, though...

No need for apologizing... I think we misunderstood each other here :p I was talking about Camilla, but I get the feel you think that I was talking about Emilia due to your previous post xD If that's not true, then I apologize for misunderstanding you haha :D This is confusing :p Anyways, what I wanted to say was that it shouldn't matter to us what Camilla or any other actress did in her past... We should think about the present :D On the other hand, if you have a problem with her voice-acting, that's completely fine ^^

Elliot Kane
26th Jun 2012, 21:25
@EK: I totally agree. And it's not even just an English accent. There's Geordie, Manchester, Liverpool, Yorkshire, East London, Devon/Cornwall, Bristol, North London - those just to name a few are the very distinctive ones. I'd say Lara's accent was a sort of Surrey, Sussex, Kent accent now but it was more North London.

Oops! Totally missed this, earlier! Didn't mean to ignore you, Lady R! :)

I agree with you, of course, that Lara's actual accent is - or should be - pretty specific. She should probably sound like a Chelsea girl (Which is part of North London, for those who don't know), as they have a very 'cut glass' sound.

The idea that Lara sounds like a 'Hooray Henrietta' without actually being one appeals. She's turned her back on that lifestyle without ever losing the accent.

I think Keeley had the voice down perfectly. Loved her.

AdobeArtist
26th Jun 2012, 21:34
To be honest, the first thing I saw was the Sun article and at first glance I thought they were talking about who had been cast in the film, not the game.

It would make perfect sense to get the same actress to play her in the film as voices her in the game, to get that sense of it being the same character - especially if the film is to be 'the film of the game'.

Is it really coincidence that the voice actress is a young brown eyed brunette of roughly the same physique as the original Lara design sketches? I have my doubts...

Actually onc of the first things that jumped to mind for me when I saw the picture here (wearing the TR shirt), is that her looks would be suitable to act the role not just for the voice but for the upcoming reboot movie. All Camilla would need is a pony tail to frame her facial features and she could be Lara on screen as well as game.

Mind you I'd still prefer Jennifer Lawrence or Summer Glau, but I suppose Camilla could expand her role beyond just the voice work too.

LadyRufina
26th Jun 2012, 21:44
Oops! Totally missed this, earlier! Didn't mean to ignore you, Lady R! :)

I agree with you, of course, that Lara's actual accent is - or should be - pretty specific. She should probably sound like a Chelsea girl (Which is part of North London, for those who don't know), as they have a very 'cut glass' sound.

The idea that Lara sounds like a 'Hooray Henrietta' without actually being one appeals. She's turned her back on that lifestyle without ever losing the accent.

I think Keeley had the voice down perfectly. Loved her.

I edited my post after I read yours so you didn't ignore me :p

Agree again. I wouldn't like the idea that she's trying too hard to disassociate herself completely from her privileged background. I like it that she wants to find her own way in the world without having mummy and daddy pay for her way but they shouldn't change her accent just to make her seem more grounded and relatable to go with her personality.

Elliot Kane
26th Jun 2012, 21:47
Actually onc of the first things that jumped to mind for me when I saw the picture here (wearing the TR shirt), is that her looks would be suitable to act the role not just for the voice but for the upcoming reboot movie. All Camilla would need is a pony tail to frame her facial features and she could be Lara on screen as well as game.

Mind you I'd still prefer Jennifer Lawrence or Summer Glau, but I suppose Camilla could expand her role beyond just the voice work too.

She's got the face, hasn't she? And I think that's actually more important than the body, which can after all benefit from padding or whatever. Physically, she's actually a pretty good match for Lara, except in the um, 'chest area', shall we say.

In fact, the weakest asset she actually brings to the role is her voice, which sounds nowhere near English enough.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they cast her with an eye on the film far more than the game, in fact. CD have seemed like they want a very close link between the games and any spin-offs for a long time, now.

I edited my post after I read yours so you didn't ignore me :p

This is good :)

Agree again. I wouldn't like the idea that she's trying too hard to disassociate herself completely from her privileged background. I like it that she wants to find her own way in the world without having mummy and daddy pay for her way but they shouldn't change her accent just to make her seem more grounded and relatable to go with her personality.

Agree. Lara's whole attitude is "This is who I am. If you don't like it, tough." I love that about her! :)

a_big_house
26th Jun 2012, 21:50
I miss Keeley already :(

Elliot Kane
26th Jun 2012, 21:55
Oh, for those of you not up on English naming conventions, if I heard 'Camilla Luddington' without the faintest idea of who she was, I'd assume she was a high society girl just from the name. Unless it's a fake, of course. Neither name is at all common amongst normal families.

I have no idea what her actual background is, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Camilla comes from a fairly similar background to that which Lara is supposed to.

She's just forgotten how to speak English in a properly English fashion.

SaraCroft
26th Jun 2012, 21:59
i cant believe i didnt know it was Camilla, i was watching that William and Kate special the other day! she starred in it as Kate

LR Croft
26th Jun 2012, 23:24
Congratulations to her, I've always loved the voice and it's nice to see who's behind it.

Do you guys think she will be the one playing Lara in the movie?

Elliot Kane
26th Jun 2012, 23:57
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So have a picture! :D

This, not the voice, is surely why they chose Camilla.

Metalrocks
27th Jun 2012, 02:10
she kind of does look like our new lara. but when i look at this pic, she looks similar to elizabeth hurley.

Metalrocks
27th Jun 2012, 02:25
its obvious if you enter her name in to google, that you will find pics of her being less dressed.
of course we pic on that particularly so as other media, etc. but i highly doubt that CD chose her because they like what they saw. obviously there was something about her and her voice, that delivered the emotion they were looking for for our new lara.
just im, personally, still not sure about her voice as such since hse does have an american accent.

i was youtubing her and i found this where the host even asked her where is her british accent.
3IBFMmgbmbM

she sure has tones of energy. not sure about her personality. but thats just me.

Elliot Kane
27th Jun 2012, 02:53
Metal,

If you were a casting person told to find someone who speaks with a highly educated English accent, would you turn up with Camilla?

Here's Carey Mulligan, demonstrating the right sound:

CDQ8RpCir8s

Camilla's not even close, is she? She's doesn't even sound native English, let alone like Carey.

I think they're looking ahead to the film and cast someone who can really look the part of Young Lara - someone who has the right face & features for the role.

I do not - cannot! - believe that Camilla was cast for her voice.

Metalrocks
27th Jun 2012, 03:58
Metal,

If you were a casting person told to find someone who speaks with a highly educated English accent, would you turn up with Camilla?

Here's Carey Mulligan, demonstrating the right sound:

CDQ8RpCir8s

Camilla's not even close, is she? She's doesn't even sound native English, let alone like Carey.

I think they're looking ahead to the film and cast someone who can really look the part of Young Lara - someone who has the right face & features for the role.

I do not - cannot! - believe that Camilla was cast for her voice.

no, i woulndt have chosen camillia. i would have made sure its a british speaking woman for lara.

you got a point about the movie. camillia does look similar to our new lara, as i mentioned before, but she really doesnt sound british to me. so i guess it has to be related for the new movie. i woulndt be surprised if they asked her at the same time to play lara in the movie.

carey on the other hand sounds british to me. maybe she is not the best voice for the young lara but casting her would have been a better choice.
at least she sounds more down to earth then camillia.

well, cant be helped anymore. they have made their choice. all we can do is hope that camillia does a good job in the final product and sounds british enough without hearing any american accent.

Elliot Kane
27th Jun 2012, 04:06
Only problem with Carey is that seriously acclaimed and multi-award winning actresses do not come cheap! :D

Not that it matters now, of course, Metal, as you say :)

Valenka
27th Jun 2012, 05:30
I'm just annoyed they went and hired some tramp from a stupid porno about vampires. Keep True Blood away from my Tomb Raider. :wave:

a_big_house
27th Jun 2012, 06:57
^ Perhaps 'porno' isn't the best word to use, but I do agree.

d1n0_xD
27th Jun 2012, 07:30
Man, I like her voice, and if she's going to be in the movie, so be it, I'll love it! :D

dark7angel
27th Jun 2012, 08:40
Like I said in the other thread I'm really disappointed that she's the voice actress. And I personally don't think she looks like Lara. So I am hoping she won't star in the upcomming movie because for me she doesn't have the voice/accent, the looks or the talent.

Darkwoodsoftime
27th Jun 2012, 08:59
^ i Read in GT that she's Also Lara's Mocap ... So , that pretty Much Means Camilla IS the New In-Game Lara .

here's the Article (http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/06/26/meet-the-new-lara-croft/)

mugenkb1
27th Jun 2012, 09:26
Hm, seems like Camilla isn't getting much love here. I personally think she sounds fine for the new Lara, although I'm not an expert on the British accent, I think it fits. I watched the video of her that was posted in few posts up, and yes, she does sound american, but I can still hear some of her british accent mixed in it. Honestly, I give props to those who wasn't born with a native american accent, but can speak like they are from america. A prime example is Yvonne Strahovski. I mean, if they change the VA for the next game for Lara, I'm not sure how it'll go. The one thing I hate is having the VAs change from game to game. Like Jill in RE5 to Revelations, and RE: ORC. Have no idea why they didn't have Patricia Ja Lee as Jill's VA in the games featuring Jill after RE5, and it's impossible to get used to the new Jill's VA.

And about Camilla's pictures....I mean, those were just from a TV series. I don't think she should be scrutinized so much for that. One can argue, movies/TV series are a form of art, and nothing more. It's not like she's done porn or anything. Take a look at Anne Hathaway, she's done her fair share of topless scenes (and even more) in movies yet I think she's still really well respected, and I don't think she was scrutinized either..at least I don't think she was.

Just my 2 cents.

Elliot Kane
27th Jun 2012, 09:45
Have to say that personally my ONLY problem with Camilla is her voice. I have no idea if she can actually act, but she's been in enough things that she must have some talent and - facially at least - she resembles Lara far more closely than most.

Unless we can somehow de-age Kate Beckinsale, I think it would be very hard indeed to find a better fit for Lara, facially speaking.

She's pretty nearly a perfect fit for the role. Providing they dub the voice, of course.

dark7angel
27th Jun 2012, 10:03
^The reason why I question her talent is because of the little I have seen of her (namely a bit of that awful William & Kate movie) she really didn't stand out as a very talented actress.

Some could argue that a TR movie doesn't need huge talent but I beg to differ. It might not need Oscar-worthy talent, but I think that if we want this movie to be any good we should really ask for talented people to be involved in it (something like the trend we are currently witnessing in Marvel's movies).

I still maintain what I said on the movie thread, I would rather have a talented actress that can pull of the right accent and really can act the part, than someone who only looks the part (which is always subjective). Not to mention, apparently Camilla is already 29. I really think the actress for the movie should be younger (around the age of new Lara) to keep the door open for possible sequels (this was one of the things I pointed out in the movie thread for other actresses).

Metalrocks
27th Jun 2012, 10:12
i agree with the others. the voice is the problem. her being topless in a tv show doesnt bother too much, just that her accent isnt too british.

Elliot Kane
27th Jun 2012, 10:25
Dark Angel,

I think the main thing that has benefited all the best recent Superhero films (Marvel & DC alike) is that the director & cast have treated them incredibly seriously and with great respect for the characters and their world. It's that attitude I'd like to see brought to a Lara film, and I suspect you may agree with me, there :)

Lara Croft as a role is rather like James Bond, in that the role is totally iconic; and in the right hands Lara should be one of the all time great female roles (Rather like Sarah Connor, in fact). But finding the right hands is and always will be a totally uphill struggle.

As for Camilla, I won't judge her acting skills without having seen her in anything. But if I were casting a totally serious Lara film, I would at least audition her. Her age might not be ideal (Though she can easily pass for a lot younger. I was stunned when you said she was 29!) but her facial structure, hair & eye colour are all pretty near perfect.

I would definitely send her for elocution lessons, though.

Driber
27th Jun 2012, 10:31
Oh my lord...

Going to a school just because it looks similar to one from a TV show and because it has a lake nearby like in said TV show? 0_0

This is the sort of thing that would put me off having her voice our dear Lara, not some silly stuff like being naked on camera.

Uhm....I don't get this :scratch:

If Camilla was a great voice actress for Lara, then you wouldn't mind the nudity, but because she doesn't deliver well as Lara in the new game in your opinion, that makes the nudity a problem for you?

Where's the logic :/

LadyRufina
27th Jun 2012, 10:38
She's very beautiful and does look a bit like Lara but from what I've seen so far she's not that great and actress although she's doing a very good job as Lara but her accent is off. I don't want her to play Lara in the film.

Driber
27th Jun 2012, 10:41
I'm just annoyed they went and hired some tramp from a stupid porno about vampires. Keep True Blood away from my Tomb Raider. :wave:

Once again, you're free to express yourself on this forum, but you'll have to do so in a more respectful manner.

This is your third warning in just a couple of days. Choose more appropriate words from this point forward or we'll escort you to the door.

It is entirely up to you.

LadyRufina
27th Jun 2012, 10:54
Oh my lord...

Going to a school just because it looks similar to one from a TV show and because it has a lake nearby like in said TV show? 0_0

This is the sort of thing that would put me off having her voice our dear Lara, not some silly stuff like being naked on camera.

Uhm....I don't get this :scratch:

If Camilla was a great voice actress for Lara, then you wouldn't mind the nudity, but because she doesn't deliver well as Lara in the new game in your opinion, that makes the nudity a problem for you?

Where's the logic :/

I agree. she seems quite fake and superficial to me. Does that sound harsh? :\

I think what dark7angel means is that if she did a great job as the VA for Lara then it would overshadow the whole nudity thing. Her example of Emilia Clarke is a good example for an up-and coming actress. Even though she's played nude in GoT I don't really think of her for that because she plays Daenerys very well and my attention is more on that. I don't agree but it's a good point.

Driber
27th Jun 2012, 11:05
@EK: feel free to bump the movie discussion thread with that (very nicely done!) picture of yours then :)

I think what dark7angel means is that if she did a great job as the VA for Lara then it would overshadow the whole nudity thing. Her example of Emilia Clarke is a good example for an up-and coming actress. Even though she's played nude in GoT I don't really think of her for that because she plays Daenerys very well and my attention is more on that. I don't agree but it's a good point.

Yeah, to some extend I understand the "overshadowing" thing, but I was mainly confused about D7A's line "If she was a fantastic voice actress in TR, I wouldn't even care about anything else, but the truth is that from the start the community has been divided about Lara's voice..."

Especially the "care" part. Why would you care more about an actress showing her boobs in a totally unrelated TV show if her performance in TR9 is poor?

And why would it suddenly be a non-issue if she *would* do an excellent job representing Lara :scratch:

LadyRufina
27th Jun 2012, 11:17
@EK: feel free to bump the movie discussion thread with that (very nicely done!) picture of yours then :)

Yeah, to some extend I understand the "overshadowing" thing, but I was mainly confused about D7A's line "If she was a fantastic voice actress in TR, I wouldn't even care about anything else, but the truth is that from the start the community has been divided about Lara's voice..."

Especially the "care" part. Why would you care more about an actress showing her boobs in a totally unrelated TV show if her performance in TR9 is poor?

And why would it suddenly be a non-issue if she *would* do an excellent job representing Lara :scratch:

I went over it again and I guess I don't understand that part either.

dark7angel
27th Jun 2012, 12:23
I guess I didn't use the right words (note that English is not my mother language and sometimes I lack the right vocabulary to express myself).

But what I was trying to say is what LadyR explained a few posts ago. When I used that line it was indeed trying to say that if she was this great talent it would overshadow everything else, but imo she isn't.

Shaikh
27th Jun 2012, 12:43
What's going on? :scratch:

Is Camilla register on this forum yet? :confused:

Darkwoodsoftime
27th Jun 2012, 13:02
^ really Hope she doesn't see this Thread :D

d1n0_xD
27th Jun 2012, 13:13
^ That would've been awkward xD

Metalrocks
27th Jun 2012, 14:37
i think she is aware that there will be an outcry here and in the media. plus, i think, that CD warned her about it. i guess she is a TR fan her self and loved this opportunity to voice lara.

Driber
27th Jun 2012, 15:05

pfff, this place would be the least of her worries :whistle:

Darkwoodsoftime
27th Jun 2012, 15:48
^ i take it , other places are much worse ?

really doesn't seem Like a Big deal :|

Valenka
27th Jun 2012, 16:52
^ Perhaps 'porno' isn't the best word to use, but I do agree.

Have you seen the show? That's basically what it is.

VodkaSushiRoll
27th Jun 2012, 18:05
Wow lot's of hate going on around here because the actress has shown some skin in the past really? I don't see how this is supposed to portray her voice acting. Now about her having a pure British/English voice that Lara is supposed to have, I'm not really sure you can say that is how Lara is supposed to sound in a reboot. Maybe CD wanted a mix of accent for the new Lara who knows(Not that I'm saying it's mixed myself, sounds English to me), and I have no problems with that. Lara's voice has always had a change of actress or the way she looked but I enjoyed & came to love the character that she was, not because of her voice.The game isn't even fully out to play yet so to say she's done a terrible job when I think she's doing perfectly fine at the moment I say would be very harsh, I'll wait before I complete the game before I really decide on anything.

As for the film I can see Camilla doing that as well granted she can perform the gymnastics or at least some of physical feats Lara Croft is known for. Not sure how that works in movies, I know Jolie did all the stunts I think but they could always use stunt double.

Shaikh
27th Jun 2012, 18:41

^ That would've been awkward xD

You can't only blame the fans. She's probably shouldn't do the 'Californication' after taking this huge Tomb Raider project which could be a turning point in her career. I don't know if CD is also planning to do her with the film. :scratch:

d1n0_xD
27th Jun 2012, 19:05
^ You said 'do her'... Huhuhuhuh

Right, after my awful joke, I'll say that I do understand why people are upset... Nudity upsets some people, but it is a bit weird when everyone just sees that, similar to the previous "Lara sounds like porn" comments that still haven't stopped, this will go on for a while... There's even a sex scene in that episode of "Californication", so people will talk!

BUT, I do like her voice, I'm happy that I was able to see and hear Lara in all these situations and now, to me, it doesn't matter who the voice-actress is or what she's done, she's doing a great job voice-acting Lara IMO and that's all that matters to me. I'm not gonna change my opinion just because the voice-actress shows up nude in a completely irrelevant show xD

Elliot Kane
27th Jun 2012, 19:16
At this point I would like to say that if Camilla DOES see this thread, I for one have said nothing I would not say to her face :)

LadyRufina
27th Jun 2012, 19:16
^ i take it , other places are much worse ?

really doesn't seem Like a Big deal :|

Let's just say this is one of the nicer TR fan forums. Others are not so nice. Namely the Official Tomb Raider Forums. She would get ravaged there, in fact I think she is :whistle:

@EK: I think I can say the same for myself :D