PDA

View Full Version : DX:HR Trailer - Fan Version by Jesse Barden (new audio & voicing!)

MrFoxter
3rd Jan 2011, 21:01
@eidosmontreal: Check out this fantastic version of a DX:HR trailer, by Jesse Barden. All the audio's new.

http://www.vimeo.com/18335293

I like especially the voices in the opening. David Sarif is great, too.

Enjoy!

ZakKa89
3rd Jan 2011, 21:39
I actually don't like it. Maybe the original is just too imprented in my mind.

Rindill the Red
3rd Jan 2011, 21:40
Wow, I really liked it.

The music was great... very dynamic... more dynamic and tailored than McCann's work. I like how it already gave motifs to the different characters.

The other sound work was good too, definitely near what EM provided.

SageSavage
3rd Jan 2011, 21:50
Very well made. The music was indeed expertly selected and cued.

Unstoppable
3rd Jan 2011, 21:55
I was kind of hoping for something new but what I mostly saw was the same lines with different voices. Where is the creativity? (I got bored close to halfway into the trailer)

ZakKa89
3rd Jan 2011, 22:04
Music was streamlined well, I'd give it that.

subtlesnake
3rd Jan 2011, 22:22
Liked the music, didn't like the voices.

Absentia
3rd Jan 2011, 23:11
Is it just me, or does the music seem a little more in the style of DX1? I guess what I mean is it's just more expressive with it's melody, and there's a certain little chord change that really reminds me of the title theme a little. Amazing job with the music, imo.

Kyru
3rd Jan 2011, 23:22
the music is good but i like the old voice better probably for the same reason Zakka does

Unstoppable
3rd Jan 2011, 23:56
The music is definitely the best about the trailer.

Shralla
4th Jan 2011, 03:27
I was kind of hoping for something new but what I mostly saw was the same lines with different voices. Where is the creativity? (I got bored close to halfway into the trailer)

It's redone audio for a trailer. What the hell is the problem with it?

HellKittyDan
4th Jan 2011, 05:53
It's redone audio for a trailer. What the hell is the problem with it?

I was one of the many who thought Adam repeating the written text in the trailer was kinda goofy, so I assumed that this fan edit might have changed that. The music was nice but I have no desire to listen to a lesser version of Jensen, and like Unstoppable I didn't bother watching the whole thing.

Graeme
4th Jan 2011, 07:14
I thought this was brilliant.

The brilliance, or the creativity, is in the guy coming up with his own sound effects and music. It's not just the music and the voices that were replaced - it was every sound in the trailer. That, to me, is most impressive and deserves our respect.

Well done.

IdiotInAJeep
4th Jan 2011, 08:03
The music was really well done and transitioned nicely. I particularly liked the extended silence where Adam looks at his hand, it seemed much better than the official trailer at accentuating moments like these. The only thing I didn't like were the voices. Probably the same thing as Zakka but it felt to me as if the voice actor for Adam was trying a bit too hard to sound gruff. If Eidos took on this guy to help on the soundtrack it would be awesome.

II J0SePh X II
4th Jan 2011, 08:58
WTF? Jensen sounds like a hot dog vendor, and Sarif like an Ice Road Trucker!

IdiotInAJeep
5th Jan 2011, 01:08
(Looks at hot dog) I never asked for this.

TheYouthCounselor
5th Jan 2011, 01:33
Sarif sounds like Carl Sagan/Agent Smith.

BlpyGhABXRA

Red
5th Jan 2011, 11:41
Meh.

Original is better.

avenging_teabag
5th Jan 2011, 15:03
Sarif sounds like Carl Sagan/Agent Smith.

I thought he sounded kind of half-assed, especially to the end. They cannot stop the future... *stiffled yawn*.

I liked Eliza's viocework better than the original, but for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would waste their time on such a thing.

Sulix
5th Jan 2011, 16:35
Excellent voice acting.

However, neither the music, nor the voices fit the pacing and the context of the trailer. I also don't think it resembles the Deus Ex Soundtrack, Michael McCann did a better job there.

In the end, it is a fan made trailer, and the quality itself is impressive.