PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Limited Edition DLC Code Problem

TG860
2nd Jan 2011, 00:32
Hey guys,I recently got the Limited Edition of Kayne & Lynch 2:Dog Days for my brother as a Christmas present.
Unfortunately,he's been having problems with the code provided for the free DLC.

When he puts in the 12 digit code under "redeem codes" in the PSN store,it tells him the code is invalid.
Have used it in case sensitive and accounted for all possible reading mistakes(0=o,A=4,etc).

The code simply doesn't work.
The game was purchased off Amazon.co.uk(fully wrapped and everything,so no chance someone skimmed off the code),so I presume the game is European,the PS store we are trying to access it with is also european (Irish),so not sure what the problem is.

Can we get some assistance here please?

Thanks,TG

GrievousOdyssey
2nd Jan 2011, 14:49
The problem is that you're using the wrong PSN store ...
Being a european store isn't good enough , since your game is a UK copy then the codes will only work if you're using it in the UK PSN store ...

So all you need to do now is create a new PSN account and set your location to the UK instead of Ireland so that you may access the UK store and use the codes ...

Hopefully that's all there is to it ...

TG860
2nd Jan 2011, 17:10
Thanks for the feedback.
Bit of a silly system really,never had that problem with any other game before..

Just one other question,for the online DLC,would my brother be able to download the dlc on a newly created UK PSN account,but use it on his existing European one?

ohitspatty
2nd Jan 2011, 17:56
Most DLCs are shared among all users I believe.
I could be wrong.
I'm usually wrong.
Am I wrong again?

GrievousOdyssey
3rd Jan 2011, 08:10
Indeed , I assume DLCs are like Demos , so all users can use it ...

Well try it anywya , there isn't much to loose now , it either work or doesn't ...

Hell what were we thinking of course it would work ...
PSN accounts can play games from all region around the world , all you need were DLC codes that matches your copy of the game , which is the case , so it'll work ...

TG860
3rd Jan 2011, 15:39
Bad news.
After setting up a new UK account,the code does not work there either.
I can't fathom why it won't work at this stage.
I guess I'll just contact Eidos directly for another key or something.

GrievousOdyssey
4th Jan 2011, 07:38
Hmmmm ...

Bad news indeed ...
You wouldn't also have a US PSN account by any chance ? ...
I mean at the state that we're in might as well try a bunch of PSN stores to see which will work ...

On second thought that's going to take too much time and unnecessary hassle ...

Contact Eidos ...

grex4d
5th Jan 2011, 09:22
i have the same problem. bought limited edition in the uk and code doesnt work. i even made a US account for psn but nothing. it could be for any region though couldnt it?

ALIENmuffy
8th Jan 2011, 17:49
i have the same problem. bought limited edition in the uk and code doesnt work. i even made a US account for psn but nothing. it could be for any region though couldnt it?

I purchased two copies and neither of the codes are correct or might have expired according to the on screen message.

What should we do?

I emailed square enix was that correct? :confused:

CH4NDL3R
9th Jan 2011, 20:33
Exact same problem here. I got my Kane & Lynch 2 Limited Ed from Zavvi (UK Store). Exclusive content code does not work either with a US, UK, FR and Japan PSN accounts.

I don't know what to do :/

GrievousOdyssey
10th Jan 2011, 01:15
Right now this is scary , suddenly at least four cases of DLC code issues at the same period of time ? ...

Does it have something to do with the transition of the new year ? ...
Any responses from anyone yet ? ...

ALIENmuffy
10th Jan 2011, 17:36
Right now this is scary , suddenly at least four cases of DLC code issues at the same period of time ? ...

Does it have something to do with the transition of the new year ? ...
Any responses from anyone yet ? ...

Still awaiting a response from Eidos, however I suspect your theory is probably correct.

ALIENmuffy
11th Jan 2011, 19:13
Part of my response from EIDOS Interactive Limited customer support:

Firstly, ensure you are entering the code correctly and that characters are not mistaken i.e. the letter "o" and the number "0" can sometimes be confused as can other characters.
For Xbox Live/PSN, make sure your online account is set to the correct region.

If your bonus code is still coming up as invalid, you need to contact your retailer to obtain a replacement game (they will not replace just the code); Eidos have no "spare" codes to offer, and do not provide any replacements directly.

Under the agreement of sale, a working downloadable content code is supposed to be included with the Limited Edition of Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. If the box where the code should be is blank, or code is incomplete or comes up invalid, as a consumer you are entitled to get a replacement or a refund from the retailer as applicable, as the product becomes "faulty" if the code does not work as stated. This is in accordance with the game's Limited Warranty and your rights as a consumer under the Sales of Goods Act (1979).

ALIENmuffy
11th Jan 2011, 19:17
Regarding: For Xbox Live/PSN, make sure your online account is set to the correct region

Does anyone know how I check my accounts region? I assumed that I would automatically get a UK account because I'm in the UK? :confused:

Otherwise I will have to write to the company that sold me the game, and thats going to be alot of hassle especially if they have sold out of the Limited Editions.

ALIENmuffy
11th Jan 2011, 20:18
I have contacted SONY playstation network direct, and they have verified my two codes.

They have told me that the codes have an expiry date on them of 31-12-2010

I have rewritten to EIDOS to ask them to contact Sony playstaion network directly and to remove the expiration dates.

Lets wait and see what happens. Especially as Eidos have stated that I am entitled to the downloadable content purchased with the game:)

GrievousOdyssey
12th Jan 2011, 14:31
Damn, so it did expired !...
We all knew Kane & Lynch was a semi-doomed franchise, but to put a DLC code deadline only Four Months after release ? what a lack of confidence they're showing to the franchise...

Does anyone know how I check my accounts region? I assumed that I would automatically get a UK account because I'm in the UK? :confused:

From what i remember you could only select the region on your PSN account during the creation of the account itself, afterwards you're stuck with it, which is why alot of people have each got two or three different PSN accounts, usually one for North America, one for Japan, and one for a country in Europe...

Ah, but you're asking how to know whether you have a UK account or not...
Well after setting the region they ask for your address and the obligatory entry is your postal code, so the account will only activate if the postal code is a valid one based on the region you've set...
Your account is alright...

JamesDT
12th Jan 2011, 18:09
Same issue here, UK version of the game on a UK account and the DLC code gives the same error message as everyone else has mentioned.

Any word from the Eidos staffers that monitor this site if Eidos are working to resolve the issue? already emailed them regarding it and would have been annoyed if they'd gotten back to me and told me to send the game back to the retailer like ALIENmuffy was told to do - that support response makes no sense at all. :nut:

Im guessing seeing as alot of sites are selling the limited edition copies dirt cheap to shift them you'd save yourself alot of work sorting this out now rather than later as if its unresolved you'll just get hit with an influx of similiar emails asking where their dlc is. :thumb:

ViLN
15th Jan 2011, 03:30
I ordered kane and lynch 2 dog days limited edition eu version got it 11-1-11 for ps3 and my codes dont work either im in australia, would of been nice to have the extra guns and masks for multiplayer kinder feel ripped off after looking at the bonus content on the back cover! dont let me down with the next hitman eidos please.

JamesDT
15th Jan 2011, 22:27
@ViLN

you need to contact both Sony and Eidos regarding this as your still entitled to the codes.

A few of us on here already have had word back from both parties saying there looking into it, take a cue from us and email a few complaints out to them. If they get more than a few complaints regarding the issue then maybe they'll pull their finger out.

Sony were very quick to reply to all correspondence by the way, Eidos not so. :rasp:

ViLN
16th Jan 2011, 00:11
@ViLN

you need to contact both Sony and Eidos regarding this as your still entitled to the codes.

A few of us on here already have had word back from both parties saying there looking into it, take a cue from us and email a few complaints out to them. If they get more than a few complaints regarding the issue then maybe they'll pull their finger out.

Sony were very quick to reply to all correspondence by the way, Eidos not so. :rasp:

ok ill send them both an email regarding this i think its pretty slack they cut everyone off cause it flopped. the game was to short and no storyline finished it in 2 days man!

CH4NDL3R
17th Jan 2011, 11:35
I've contacted my UK retailer (Zavvi), Sony UK and Eidos UK. Waiting for replies...

ALIENmuffy
17th Jan 2011, 15:28
Extract of response from Eidos today:

Thank you for contacting EIDOS Interactive Limited customer support.
This issue is currently under investigation. Once we know more, we will contact you again.
Apologies for any inconvenience

CH4NDL3R
17th Jan 2011, 19:12
Also got the same answer later today. Let's hope it'll get resolved soon by reissuing new PSN codes.

JamesDT
18th Jan 2011, 14:56
Sony appear to have fixed the codes now, got an email from them earlier and downloaded all 3 a short while ago. :wave:

ALIENmuffy
18th Jan 2011, 15:27
My codes working now to, Thankyou EIDOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CH4NDL3R
20th Jan 2011, 11:16
Works fine for me as well :)

Thumbs up to Eidos & Sony for quickly sorting this out!

/case closed

Eidos Support
27th Jan 2011, 11:56
Sorry for the confusion regarding the codes. It turned out that the codes generated had a far shorter shelf life than they should have been given. This has now been rectified by increasing the expiry date by a few hundred years! :)

GrievousOdyssey
1st Feb 2011, 12:01
Few hundred years ?! but the world ends in less than two ! ...
Must not let the aliens have fun ...