PDA

View Full Version : Hype!

RoombelinaUK
31st Dec 2010, 11:31
This'll probably be the weirdest thread you've ever seen... Anyways, since this game is starting to look downright awesome, it sure as hell deserves a shi*load of hype. I know it's CD's job to raise that hype-o-meter, but surely us fans can play a part! So I'm suggesting that we find out ways to make this game more anticipated than it already is. Because seriously, I haven't seen one bit of info related to TR outside of these forums and the gameinformer website...So, any ideas? :D

Denis..
31st Dec 2010, 11:49
hmm err..
not yet

chriss_99
31st Dec 2010, 12:31
No hype for me and I recommend everyone to calm down a bit. The game is still early in development. I'm not impressed by the things I've seen so far, perhaps I'm still not convinced to the reboot idea.
One of the drawbacks of the hype is a huge chance that a lot of fans (especially those who imagine that the game is going to be really awesome by looking at some screenshots and cover of a magazine) will be disappointed by the final result. Because of the fact that CD is using the old engine, we might get a game more similar to Underworld than you can imagine. which would be a good thing in my opinion. ;)

BraveNewGuy
31st Dec 2010, 12:54
Beyond hype :rolleyes:

RoombelinaUK
31st Dec 2010, 12:56
No hype for me and I recommend everyone to calm down a bit.I'm not impressed by the things I've seen so far

I'm really impressed by the work CD have done. Keep it up guys!
You just contradicted yourself :P

chriss_99
31st Dec 2010, 14:30
I might seem to do so, but the thing is that some aspects of this new adventure are really good, but on the other hand, I'm still not convinced to some other ideas, for example origin story.
I'm really trying to be objective about the game and I don't have a solid opinion about it yet.

RoombelinaUK
31st Dec 2010, 14:52
I might seem to do so, but the thing is that some aspects of this new adventure are really good, but on the other hand, I'm still not convinced to some other ideas, for example origin story.
I'm really trying to be objective about the game and I don't have a solid opinion about it yet.

Just try being more optimistic, like we all are :D I think if the hype goes higher, so will expectations. Which will probably force CD to work harder and create one hell of an experience! And I don't see anything wrong with the origin story... in fact, this one doesn't sound as cliched and derivative as other origin stories I've seen/read!

JRCHOharry
31st Dec 2010, 16:22
I have a tomb raider banner on a forum I visit if that helps build some hype... I've also seen some Lara avatars on the same website too, so people seem to be excited about it outside of Gameinformer and Eidos :D.

Keir
5th Jan 2011, 15:20
This'll probably be the weirdest thread you've ever seen... Anyways, since this game is starting to look downright awesome, it sure as hell deserves a shi*load of hype. I know it's CD's job to raise that hype-o-meter, but surely us fans can play a part! So I'm suggesting that we find out ways to make this game more anticipated than it already is. Because seriously, I haven't seen one bit of info related to TR outside of these forums and the gameinformer website...So, any ideas? :D

Power to the people! I like your idea. If anyone does go above and beyond the call of duty to spread the good word of Tomb Raider be sure to let me know so I can check it out http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/sherlock.gif

I must say though - the Game Informer story ran just about everywhere (gamesites likes IGN, GameSpot, Eurogamer, Kotaku, Destructoid, etc) and there's threads all over the place in general game forums.

I have a tomb raider banner on a forum I visit if that helps build some hype... I've also seen some Lara avatars on the same website too, so people seem to be excited about it outside of Gameinformer and Eidos :D.

Cool dude, what's the website?

RoombelinaUK
5th Jan 2011, 15:46
Power to the people! I like your idea. If anyone does go above and beyond the call of duty to spread the good word of Tomb Raider be sure to let me know so I can check it out http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/sherlock.gif
I must say though - the Game Informer story ran just about everywhere (gamesites likes IGN, GameSpot, Eurogamer, Kotaku, Destructoid, etc) and there's threads all over the place in general game forums.

Sure, I'll let ya know! :D Anyways, I've got a few devilish ideas in mind for Tomb Raider myself...

Ants_27_
5th Jan 2011, 20:28
Though isn't hyping up something, sometimes a bad idea?

Yeah, it's going be fantastic, look at the detail and the brilliant dialogue... then bang it hits you as your let down by how predictable the story is or how generic the boss battles and gameplay are.

Though I suppose that is over-hyping something!:nut:

SE_Cath
5th Jan 2011, 21:06
I think the buzz is already loud. My roomate told me there was a new TR coming, right on the very day it was annonced. It was kind of a WTF moment for me since I'm not used to people from my everyday life aknowledging anything about Tomb Raider... at all. Then my friends (who are anything but gamers) told me on New Year's Eve that the first images of the new TR look promising. I was kind of speechless.

2 conclusions :
1) Hype is already here. So just before the release, the hype is going to be unbearable.
2) My work on Earth is done, I can die happy :D

On a more serious note, I am not hyper yet but I find this new game fascinating. There's so much more than usual to find out about it. I find myself eager to learn... again :nut:

JRCHOharry
5th Jan 2011, 21:47
Cool dude, what's the website?

It's the... Bioware social network (Ugh, I hate saying social network). I think one person on the site has hand drawn this picture of Lara (http://www.relyonhorror.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Lara-Stare-300x153.jpg), it looks fantastic!

Darth Ryu
5th Jan 2011, 23:23
I can't get hyped with no gameplay at all to be seen.

Im sorry to be that guy but as beautifull Lara looks and as awesome the game sounds I just need to see it first, if I like it then we enter superhype mode!!

SE_Cath
5th Jan 2011, 23:29
I can't get hyped with no gameplay at all to be seen.

Im sorry to be that guy but as beautifull Lara looks and as awesome the game sounds I just need to see it first, if I like it then we enter superhype mode!!
Well the thing is that, you'll only see what looks best, it's a given. At some point, even TRAOD looked amazing to play.