PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Screens!!

Darth Ryu
30th Dec 2010, 20:05
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/12/30/tomb-raider-bonus-gallery.aspx
:D

Danielsun_
30th Dec 2010, 20:40
do they look sweet or what!

if that is indeed in game graphics then i have to say to CD you've out done yourselves this time, truly amazing :)

mikey716
30th Dec 2010, 20:42
OMg These graphics look HORRIBLE OMG D:> I Was expecting better they look fake

Danielsun_
30th Dec 2010, 20:46
what? you cant be serious?

RoombelinaUK
30th Dec 2010, 21:10
what? you cant be serious?

XD i don't think he is... the visuals are gorgeous, almost as good as UC's visuals - which is a good thing :D

Danielsun_
30th Dec 2010, 21:14
XD i don't think he is... the visuals are gorgeous, almost as good as UC's visuals - which is a good thing :D

i hope you dont mean Uncharted because i dont think those graphics were that great :p

Sam_kain
30th Dec 2010, 21:15
mmmmm, they look ok to be honest, but major polishing must be done, if you check the character close you will feel something isn't right, but the colours looks great, and the over all feeling is great, i hope it become a great hit :)

RoombelinaUK
30th Dec 2010, 21:22
i hope you dont mean Uncharted because i dont think those graphics were that great :p
Yes, they were horrible weren't they? :lol: Wait...you're serious? :eek:

mmmmm, they look ok to be honest, but major polishing must be done, if you check the character close you will feel something isn't right, but the colours looks great, and the over all feeling is great, i hope it become a great hit :)

LOL don't be so nitpicky... Lara looks great 12 months pre-release and you're complaining? :p

Danielsun_
30th Dec 2010, 21:26

just saying they just went for a gritty look :p dont think uncharted is what everyone makes it out too be is all xD

RoombelinaUK
30th Dec 2010, 21:31
just saying they just went for a gritty look :p dont think uncharted is what everyone makes it out too be is all xD

It's definitely not the best story-wise , but it excels in everything else (gameplay, graphics, animations, characters, action...etc.) To be honest, I've never played a game with better animations/graphics...:):):):):):):):)

dambiis
30th Dec 2010, 21:41
yeah, lara's elbow looks kinda creepy in the one where she's stabbed or something.

but still, it looks totally amazing & i can finally sleep.

(if you right click the image & choose OPEN LINK/IMAGE IN NEW TAB you'll see it in full resolution, well, at least in google chrome)

Sam_kain
30th Dec 2010, 22:04

LOL don't be so nitpicky... Lara looks great 12 months pre-release and you're complaining? :p

lol :D, no i am not nitpicky, and to be honest i care not about graphics, i will play it no matter what, i am sure CD will put much more effort into it, CD always rule in polishing games :D

dark7angel
30th Dec 2010, 22:12
These screen shots look great! When I showed them to my brother he did not believe these were in game screens!!! :cool:

Danielsun_
30th Dec 2010, 22:17
It's definitely not the best story-wise , but it excels in everything else (gameplay, graphics, animations, characters, action...etc.) To be honest, I've never played a game with better animations/graphics...:):):):):):):):)

:o...play mass effect :p soo epic too epic for words

andrew90
30th Dec 2010, 22:22
Wow, the graphics looks great although these are just screenshots,I'm sure the game will look better in motion and more polished when it's ready.

RoombelinaUK
30th Dec 2010, 22:27
:o...play mass effect :p soo epic too epic for words

Played the PSN demo, really enjoyed it, but then realized that it wasn't really my type of game... hell, I grew bored of FFXIII even though I thought it was beautiful... weird person huh? XD Tons of great games out next year though: (TR, UC3,inFamous 2, Arkham City, LBP2 :nut:, Dead Space 2,Portal 2, Stacking, Trine 2, Killzone 3...) LOL Don't tell me you're not looking forward to any of those!!! :eek:

Danielsun_
30th Dec 2010, 22:40
out of all of those you listed im only looking forward to TR, on my list is TR, GOW, ME3, Brink, and thats about it so far :p

chriss_99
30th Dec 2010, 23:00
Finally a decent update. Nice to see the screens in such a good quality.
I'm really impressed by the work CD have done. Keep it up guys!

I'm still not used to Lara's new appearance. She seems to have a childish look, I know she's younger in the game but she is supposed to be 21 not 16. :hmm:

phantomfox
30th Dec 2010, 23:04
i think it looks okay. havent seen any gameplay yet.

AdobeArtist
31st Dec 2010, 01:29
:eek::eek::eek:

Now please excuse me while I change my shorts :o:p:o:p

LARALOVERnr1
31st Dec 2010, 09:45
AWESOME!!!! AND NEW STUFF COMING JANUARI 4TH

:D:D:D:D :eek: :eek: :eek: hfdcbnxnchsdfghdfnc *dies*

Sam_kain
31st Dec 2010, 10:57

I want a teaser/gameplay/trailer :mad2:

RoombelinaUK
31st Dec 2010, 11:13

We're getting "Making of the Cover" on Jan 4th. Not as exciting as a trailer, but nonetheless interesting :D

RoombelinaUK
31st Dec 2010, 11:17
out of all of those you listed im only looking forward to TR, on my list is TR, GOW, ME3, Brink, and thats about it so far :p
XD 360 player I presume? Anyways, you should definitely check out the ones on my list, especially LBP2 - you can't not love that game! :D

Denis..
31st Dec 2010, 12:02
XD 360 player I presume? Anyways, you should definitely check out the ones on my list, especially LBP2 - you can't not love that game! :D

hey i can't wait for lbp2 either and i have to admit that uncharted 3 got better visuals than this tr but on the other hand it's the best graphics on a tr game so far!

lara looks stunning and the colours, dirt and everything are better than any tr game so far!

but compared to uc3's graphics..
u kidding me?
have u seen the detail on nathan in the announcement trailer?

chriss_99
31st Dec 2010, 12:21
In my opinion, Uncharted 3 looks exactly like Uncharted 2. They probably polished the graphics from U2.
As for Underworld and Tomb Raider, the difference in visuals is huge!

BraveNewGuy
31st Dec 2010, 12:51
OMFG ! :thumb: cant wait to play this game SUER EXCITED

RoombelinaUK
31st Dec 2010, 13:02
In my opinion, Uncharted 3 looks exactly like Uncharted 2. They probably polished the graphics from U2.
It's the same engine with major tweaks to gameplay and minor tweaks to visuals. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Sina_Croft
31st Dec 2010, 13:53

Agreed.

But how can a game get better graphics, when you're limited by your console ;)
Uncharted really has bad graphics imo, as everyone said it had great stuff, it really disappointed me.. Go try stuff on the computer :p

It's the same engine with major tweaks to gameplay and minor tweaks to visuals. Why fix something that isn't broken?
Haha xD The TR classics weren't broken, but they were outdated xD Like all engines and graphics do :p Go with the flow of technology :D

tomb1fan
31st Dec 2010, 14:40
OMg These graphics look HORRIBLE OMG D:> I Was expecting better they look fake

that as real as it can get it beats uncharted

Jason Miller
31st Dec 2010, 14:47
Uncharted really has bad graphics

That doesn't make any sense at all...

Sina_Croft
31st Dec 2010, 14:50
That doesn't make any sense at all...
Read the full sentence xD Don't go un-context me :nut: :p

Jason Miller
31st Dec 2010, 14:54

:o lol Can you make it a bit clearer? :P

RoombelinaUK
31st Dec 2010, 14:57
Haha xD The TR classics weren't broken, but they were outdated xD Like all engines and graphics do :p Go with the flow of technology :D
-_- let me rephrase: Why fix something that isn't outdated, UC2's visuals certainly aren't outdated... and what's all this about UC having bad graphics??:(

Denis..
31st Dec 2010, 15:04

lol limited by ps3?
imagine how it would look on 360 if on ps3 it's limited!

and really bad graphics?
you do living in your own world!

but anyway anyway..
on your opinion what game has better graphics?

chriss_99
31st Dec 2010, 15:11
There's no doubt U3 looks great but there are games on PS3 which look better, for example, Heavy Rain.
I just think that each installment to a particular series of games, should introduce innovations. From the gameplay I've seen, U3 looks like DLC for U2. However, I'm sure that the developers at Naughty Dog have something up their sleeves. They're waiting for the right moment. ;)

Denis..
31st Dec 2010, 15:21
i haven't played heavy rain because it has only bronze trophies(except the platinum, 3 silver and a gold) and it's a damn shame..

a nice trophy pack like gow series or tr underworld had would be a sure buy for me!

call me a nerd whatever but trophies have an importance in gaming nowadays!

RoombelinaUK
31st Dec 2010, 17:01
There's no doubt U3 looks great but there are games on PS3 which look better, for example, Heavy Rain.
I just think that each installment to a particular series of games, should introduce innovations. From the gameplay I've seen, U3 looks like DLC for U2. However, I'm sure that the developers at Naughty Dog have something up their sleeves. They're waiting for the right moment. ;)
Uncharted has the best graphics on the PS3, yet Heavy Rain looks more realistic. Proves that graphics don't = realism.

i haven't played heavy rain because it has only bronze trophies(except the platinum, 3 silver and a gold) and it's a damn shame..

a nice trophy pack like gow series or tr underworld had would be a sure buy for me!

call me a nerd whatever but trophies have an importance in gaming nowadays!

lol that's a bit too extreme...:O Anyways, I'm crazy for LBP2 too (only 3 weeks left) add me User:RoombelinaUK

josh1122
1st Jan 2011, 02:26
Uncharted bad graphics? I disagree, amazing graphics is the only thing the games had going for it

*dodges fanboys*

and about the new TR screens, they look ok,wont get excited over screenshots, im still waiting for the holy grail(gameplay)

AdobeArtist
1st Jan 2011, 08:06
This has brought about a new sig I display. On other forums though since this one doesn't allow for graphic sigs. Pity that.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r242/adobeartist/adobe_sigs/adobe_sig041.png

aang001
1st Jan 2011, 13:17
Took me a while to get over the shock of the change of style, but after looking over the new screens (HD) off GI site, Its now grown on me and I feel they might do something grand with it. Just waiting for gameplay.

LARALOVERnr1
1st Jan 2011, 13:34
but compared to uc3's graphics..
u kidding me?
have u seen the detail on nathan in the announcement trailer?
That was a CGI trailer, NOT ingame. These screenshots ARE ingame.

I think Uncharted's graphics where OK....

But to be honest, I don't care that much about graphics. (though I do think Tomb Raider will look great :D)

hiMe
1st Jan 2011, 13:44
eee..I feel uneasy. The game looks scary already :x

RoombelinaUK
1st Jan 2011, 15:22
That was a CGI trailer, NOT ingame. These screenshots ARE ingame.

I think Uncharted's graphics where OK....

But to be honest, I don't care that much about graphics. (though I do think Tomb Raider will look great :D)

Actually, it wasn't CGI, it was an in-game cutscene just like the ones from Uncharted 2.. (If it was CGI, there wouldn't be any jaggedy edges at all)
Here's a CGI trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Ay0plpImA

Danielsun_
1st Jan 2011, 16:44
dunno the graphics for UC3 look like CGI to me

Ants_27_
1st Jan 2011, 16:49
I have actually encountered a problem. Those shots actually make me feel slightly ill? Like the first section of Heavy Rain did. What the hell is going on upstairs in my brain, whatever it is it can't be good! :lol:

But the images themselves don't seem to give off as darker vibe as I'd originally hoped. But then again CD are not Japanese so therefore it wouldn't be as scary I don't think! ;)

mikey716
1st Jan 2011, 16:59
Im just saying they look like really fake......i don't like them i mean like 4 out of all the screenshots look real they could have done way better!

chriss_99
1st Jan 2011, 17:06
But the images themselves don't seem to give off as darker vibe as I'd originally hoped. But then again CD are not Japanese so therefore it wouldn't be as scary I don't think! ;)

That's what I was thinking as well! After listening to the podcast I realised that the game is still early in development. I believe that a lot of changes will still be implicated during the production process.

The question I'm asking myself is why CD decided to announce the game so early. I believe that Uncharted 3 was announced with a trailer and release date.

I hope that TR9 will be able to create an unbelievably dark atmosphere, like Alan Wake.

Jason Miller
1st Jan 2011, 17:16
Im just saying they look like really fake......i don't like them i mean like 4 out of all the screenshots look real they could have done way better!

ughh...no one cares what you think! :mad:

mikey716
1st Jan 2011, 18:54
ughh...no one cares what you think! :mad:

Ok and idgaf what people say niether im just sayingmy opinion
:p:D

Ants_27_
1st Jan 2011, 19:00
Ok and idgaf what people say niether im just sayingmy opinion
:p:D

Which isn't illegal and should be welcomed, even if you don't like that opinion.:)

RoombelinaUK
1st Jan 2011, 19:42
Which isn't illegal and should be welcomed, even if you don't like that opinion.:)

No, you can be sentenced up to 10 years in prison if you express your opinion.Yes, it's as bad as rape.

_Love2Raid_
2nd Jan 2011, 01:05
They look really great!

Sina_Croft
3rd Jan 2011, 07:47
:o lol Can you make it a bit clearer? :P

-_- let me rephrase: Why fix something that isn't outdated, UC2's visuals certainly aren't outdated... and what's all this about UC having bad graphics??:(

lol limited by ps3?
imagine how it would look on 360 if on ps3 it's limited!

and really bad graphics?
you do living in your own world!

but anyway anyway..
on your opinion what game has better graphics?

Hmm :p Let me try to make myself clear :)

UC doesn't have bad graphics and PS3 is not bad ;)
UC probably wasn't limited by the PS3, but it wasn't fantastic either. There were those edges what really got me blah xD Everyone said, that the game was great, and has awesome graphics. And when I saw those edges, I was just disappointed. I think a PS3 can be better, but IDK, I don't really play consoles ;) And as a PC-shooter, I wasn't used to the aiming controls :p Apart from that I loved it, and find it too bad I can't go further as I played it on my ex's PS3 :p haha. It's really stupid it's PS3 only, for such a nice game :p But I just have something against it when people say it's awesome and stuff, and than to get disappointed.

Better? :p:p haha xD

Btw, I'm sorry for going off-topic! Those screens are really awesome and I'm looking forward to the game!! :D

wdavid
3rd Jan 2011, 13:17
amazing :D this graphic somehow reminds me to the 4th prince of Persia game :D

Click (http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/934/934255/prince-of-persia-20081201050943534.jpg)

RoombelinaUK
3rd Jan 2011, 14:22
amazing :D this graphic somehow reminds me to the 4th prince of Persia game :D

Click (http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/934/934255/prince-of-persia-20081201050943534.jpg)

LOL They're nothing like each other at all XD PoP is cel-shaded...

Paxcorpus
4th Jan 2011, 20:03
The expectations of some of the people in this thread are scary. Crap. If you can do better maybe you should apply for a job with these guys.

Sina_Croft
4th Jan 2011, 22:21
The expectations of some of the people in this thread are scary. Crap. If you can do better maybe you should apply for a job with these guys.

Haha why do you think I'm a programming student ;D XD