PDA

View Full Version : SecuLauncher: failed to start application. [26000] -> 0x80092009

rippedtorn
29th Dec 2010, 16:41
Help!!!

The only posts on the internet that I see regarding this error is in greek or russian (I think)

I downloaded this game from Steam and now I get this error:
SecuLauncher: failed to start application. [26000] -> 0x80092009

I even tried adding msvcr71.dll to the system32 directory... that hasn`t worked.

I tried rebooting, reinstalling... nothing works...

Please help

killcarnage
15th Feb 2011, 15:23
Greetings I have the same problem SecuLauncher: failed to start application. [26000] -> 0x80092009 is my Spanish version of Steam'm from mexico and my OS is windows 7 64 requesting help

Eidos Support
16th Feb 2011, 12:04
As the error is related to the SecuROM protection used by the game, have you tried to contact SecuROM support for assistance? You can email them at: support@securom.com

Please upload your dxdiag and misnfo files to a file-sharing website and link to them in this thread. You can also email them to us directly at: techsupport@eidos.co.uk

[MSinfo]

- Click on the Windows icon located by default in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- In the "Start Search" field, type in MSINFO32
- Press Enter. This will start the MS System Information Utility
- Once the Microsoft System Information window appears, click System Summary on the left-hand side and make sure it is highlighted.
- At the top of the window, click File and select Save.
- When the Save As window appears, choose to save the file to the Desktop.
- Enter the name as MSINFO, then click the Save button.
- Attach this file to your reply, or email.

[Dxdiag]

- Click on the Windows icon located by default in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- In the "Start Search" field, type in DxDiag.
- Press Enter. This will start the DxDiag utility.
- Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, click on the Save All Information button at the bottom.
- When asked to where to save the file to, click on the drop-down box next to Save in and select Desktop.
- In File Name box towards the bottom, then name DxDiag.txt should appear. Leave this as is and click on the OK button.
- Click the Exit button to exit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- On the Desktop, there should be a file name DxDiag or DxDiag.txt. If there is no file with this name, please repeat the steps above and make sure to save the file to the Desktop.
- Attach this file to your reply, or email.