PDA

View Full Version : So I folded...

ExitiumMachina
24th Dec 2010, 00:34
And it still doesn't ******* work, so now I'm not only out a decent damn controller for this game but the Xbox 360 one I have now is utterly useless to me.

Can anyone explain to me why the controls are polar opposite to what they should be? A is B and B is A, X is Y and Y is X...up is down, down is up. This is utterly ridiculous. All I heard was get a 360 controller, so I did and I'm plagued with the same issues that plagued my Logitech Dual Action controller.

Marcus
24th Dec 2010, 09:49
What did you do to try to get the Logitech controller working? Is there any chance that your efforts to reconfigure the old controller have persisted, and now affect the new one?

If you can, it might be worth testing one or both controllers on a different machine.

ExitiumMachina
25th Dec 2010, 02:38
What did you do to try to get the Logitech controller working? Is there any chance that your efforts to reconfigure the old controller have persisted, and now affect the new one?

If you can, it might be worth testing one or both controllers on a different machine.

With the Logitech controller I used the Logitech profiler program, the problem with that controller was mainly the diagnol pad wouldn't work which made selecting certain gadgets impossible and of course the buttons were opposite from what they should have been.

So I bought the Xbox 360 controller (the only one that had the compatible with Windows logo was the Mad Catz 360 controller), and it exhibits more problems than the Logitech controller only some buttons just simply do not work like they should (this is present in Splinter Cell: Conviction, literally half the buttons do not work in that game).

I've tried changing the config file in the directory but I have the Steam version so either it didn't work or you can't change the file (although it is changed, matter of fact I can open it up and see that it is changed).

I might just drop back to my Logitech controller since it worked better and easier than the 360 one which is just deadweight now. I recieved this game for free off Steam as a part of another purchase, but it just bothers me that the entire time everyone has been telling me to get a 360 controller and now that I have one it doesn't even work right with any game.