PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Mapping / On-screen hints

RobPaula
23rd Dec 2010, 22:45
For games such as this, going back to the days of Doom and Rise of the Triad, I have been using the same basic key mapping configuration using the arrow keys and those surrounding keys for everything else. So, I went through my usual remap of keys procedure. i.e. R-CTRL instead of L-CTRL to crouch Enter instead of Space to use things. I remapped the grapple to the Delete button I believe. etc. So now I go in to the game and come to the first grate that I have to pull off, remember, I've remapped this function to Enter. The on-screen hint still says Space. Same thing happened with the grapple. I remapped it to Delete, but the hint still said F. Is there any way to change the on-screen hints to match the new key mappings?

I realize it's a small thing, but irratating none the less considering this should have been a no-brainer thing to do.

Abram730
18th Jan 2011, 22:48
So you can remap crouch to the r-ctrl?

I tried to remap crouch to the numeric keypad and it didn't work.

So you use i,k,j,l for movement?

RobPaula
18th Jan 2011, 23:31
So you can remap crouch to the r-ctrl?

I tried to remap crouch to the numeric keypad and it didn't work.

So you use i,k,j,l for movement?

I don't remember having problems mapping, only with the hint messages. No, I usually use the arrow keys for movement on a first/third person game. I resorted to default keys of w,a,s,d for this because with the hints not matching it was just too confusing for learning. Either way, I have another game to finish before really getting in to this one. So, I'm hoping they'll release an update before then.