PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Stuck at Loading Screen

olimango
22nd Dec 2010, 09:03
Doubt I'll find any help on here, but it's a last resort.

The game runs fine up until I try to load anything. The animation and music starts endlessly looping at any loading screen. Don't know what's wrong, but I can't play the game at all.

I tried turning down the graphics, turning off my firewall, compatibility mode, running as admin, verifying game files (it's on Steam), defragmenting game files, and panicking.

Anyone?

GeorgeMaciver
22nd Dec 2010, 10:18
Are you sure the game isn't being updated with new files which are automatically downloading? You can't play the game while it's updating and this happens quite a lot :)

olimango
22nd Dec 2010, 19:37
Are you sure the game isn't being updated with new files which are automatically downloading? You can't play the game while it's updating and this happens quite a lot :)

It updates during the loading screens? I guess I'll just let it sit and see what happens.

olimango
22nd Dec 2010, 19:49
It works if I let it load for about 5 minutes, but the game is EXTREMELY janking, and gets caught in the same loading loop during gameplay every now and then. It's constantly stuttering though, almost unplayable.

GeorgeMaciver
22nd Dec 2010, 22:47
I've not been able to play the game at all today. Makes you wonder why you pay for a game if you can't play it when you want to, hey.

olimango
25th Dec 2010, 01:22
Just an update:

The lower the settings, the smoother the game runs. I have well over the required settings though...this shouldn't be happening.