PDA

View Full Version : LCGOL sound cuts out play very clunky

sim
21st Dec 2010, 18:10
I'm running XP dual coar SP3 with 2GB main. The test for hardware is all OK. LCGOL download validated. What's happening is the game launches OK, sound and graphics are OK during the preamble. But when gameplay starts, I get sound for a couple of seconds, then off for a couple of seconds, then on and then off, etc. The mouse is all over the place. When I hit a move or action button, usually nothing happens so I hit it again. I'm sure this isn't what the game should do, but certainly can't find a solution. My DirectX is 9.0. Any help greatly appreciated as this looks a great game to play. Sim

olimango
23rd Dec 2010, 05:34
I'm running XP dual coar SP3 with 2GB main. The test for hardware is all OK. LCGOL download validated. What's happening is the game launches OK, sound and graphics are OK during the preamble. But when gameplay starts, I get sound for a couple of seconds, then off for a couple of seconds, then on and then off, etc. The mouse is all over the place. When I hit a move or action button, usually nothing happens so I hit it again. I'm sure this isn't what the game should do, but certainly can't find a solution. My DirectX is 9.0. Any help greatly appreciated as this looks a great game to play. Sim

Same thing is happening to me, but my specs are completely different. I've tried pretty much everything, but have yet to find a solution.

sim
23rd Dec 2010, 12:32
Hello Olimango, Sim is in London and I'm wondering where you are. One thing which could be the problem is that Steam force the download to 256KBs which take over three hours to get done. I think that for non US downloads they have me stuck with a naf server which is not actually providing a full download, e.g. a sort of time slice problem. Unusually the preamble is fine, all the problems are in game play which is just a wast of time. Of course the other problem is that there is no contact with Steam so the issue may be discussed and resolved. What ever happened to a Customer problem is My problem!!