PDA

View Full Version : An odd coincidence: The Dark Knight Rises in Arkham City

The New Blueguy
20th Dec 2010, 18:31
I just read an updated article on Tom Hardy's possible role in TDKR as Hugo Strange being shot down. Also, as mentioned on the rumour mill previously, the possibilty that TDKR's plot is based on Prey. Now, I thought back to the Arkham City teaser trailer and the facts we already know (Catwoman, etc.) and came this thought. Is it possible that elements of Arkham City are based on Prey as opposed to TDKR?

For those who don't know, in Prey, written by Doug Moench, the Caped Crusader locks horns with Hugo Strange, a psychiatrist appointed by the mayor to the GCPD task force dedicated to taking down Batman. (The leader of the task force? The reluctant Jim Gordon.) Strange, an oddball himself, becomes obsessed with Batman, and hypnotizes Max Cort, a brutish detective on the task force, into becoming a masked vigilante himself. (Catwoman also plays a role in the story.)

Now, based on the AC teaser trailer, what if Strange decided to make his own "Dark Knight" out of the mercenary being tortured and juiced up? Similar to Prey, he does have the Tyger team at his disposal and is using them to hunt down Batman before runs interference on Hugo's plans for Arkham City. Just like in Prey, Catwoman is also involved, though the origin of her entry to the series as Two-Face's sacrificial lamb, is less important as she obviously factors in into the bigger picture.

Now, I know right off the bat that it's highly unlikely, but you think WB's PR team might have tossed this little gem out there intending to throw the hounds off TDKR and wound up outting bits of AC instead?

Batman The Trailer Hunter
20th Dec 2010, 19:13
Closer to No Mans Land

The New Blueguy
20th Dec 2010, 20:21
I would say the third game (should a mas breakout happen) would be a closer comparison to NML minus the earthquake of course.

BigBoss
22nd Dec 2010, 03:31
It still pretty much stands that no one knows what the hell is going on for the 3rd movie nor will we for like another year

Zur-en-ah
22nd Dec 2010, 10:36
I dunno ... I think that's a pretty good theory

Strange in PREY and how he seems to be in the AC trailer, I can def see the potential in the parallels. Your suggestion that Strange will use Tyger team to trap Bats inside of Arkham City is very verly likely I reckon -- that's essentially what his character is all about: his obsessive desire to trap, study and then become Batman

I doubt, however, that they'll riff on the Max Cort character ... it'll be more a combination of No Man's Land meets Prey. (Which is still pretty sweet)