PDA

View Full Version : Help required: Script Parody...

[FGS]Shadowrunner
20th Dec 2010, 15:24
This is the script so far for the mod trailer... please help us improve it.
Please add your improvements/changes/ideas:

ADAM: I never asked for this, if you want to make multiplayer, try to mod something...

ADAM: The year is 2011, it's a time of great innovation, it's also a time of chaos and noobery...

ADAM: I don't even know which server I'm on...

ELIZA: Breaking news, the riots continue on the Deus Ex forums, the rioters are protesting outside the Servers...

ELIZA: One of the world's leaders in controversial augmentation computer video games...

SARIF: These players Adam, they are like Noobs, always in the servers, hiding behind aliases and dynamic IP's...

SARIF: I need you to ban them...

SARIF: They can not stop us, they can not stop multiplayer...

ADAM: I never had a choice of what happened to me...

MEGAN: I spill my driiiiiiiiiiiink...

SARIF: How do you feel Adam? The hard drive may heal, but the graphics card is not always so resiliant...

ADAM: Developers have more power than the modders...

ADAM: Everyone is fighting for Admin, for cheat codes...

BARRET: I'll own you noob...

ELIZA: The Admins have started banning people...

BARRET: You'll never headshot them...

ADAM: I'll never stop playing...

JCpies
20th Dec 2010, 15:47
It's funny when you imagine the voices well.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
20th Dec 2010, 15:51
Thanks, but it's not that funny is it, you're witty, can you improve on it please :D

I have written to Mr Toufexis. You never know.

JCpies
20th Dec 2010, 16:23
ADAM: They never asked for this. If you want to make enemies, ignore the community...

ADAM: The year is 2011, it's a time of gaming innovation... and graphical advancement. It's also a time of consoles and conspiracy.

ADAM: I don't even know which thread I'm on...

ELIZA: Breaking news, the trolling continues on the Deus Ex forums, the trolls are protesting against Eidos montreal...

ELIZA: One of the world's leaders in controversial decisions in computer video games...

SARIF: These members Adam, they are like bots, always in the servers, hiding behind aliases and proxies...

SARIF: I need you to spam them...

SARIF: They can not stop us, they can not stop Square Enix...

ADAM: I never had a choice of what happened to me...

MEGAN: SPAAAAAAAAAAAMMM!!!!

SARIF: How do you feel Adam? The franchise may heal, but the fanbase is not always so resiliant...

ADAM: Advertisers have more power than the developers...

ADAM: Everyone is fighting for Admin, for cheat codes...

BARRET: I'll own you noob!

ELIZA: The Admins have started banning the members...

BARRET: You'll never troll them!

ADAM: I'll never stop posting...

[FGS]Shadowrunner
20th Dec 2010, 17:14
That is a funny twist. I doubt we will refer directly to EM or SE though.

JCpies
20th Dec 2010, 17:33
Is it going to be made?

AlexOfSpades
20th Dec 2010, 18:05
Thumbs up for this thread.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
20th Dec 2010, 18:20
Yes we are going to make this trailer.
Originally we planned to just parody the EG gameplay videos of Hive and Dockside.
But with newtownSDF involved, it opens the possibility to make something more like the official trailers.
Probably there will be a compromise of both and/or straight gameplay demo videos.

Since we only have the Hive Bar and Dockside under construction (not enough info/visuals on most other maps yet), a straight parody of the trailer is impossible without ripping or using Hollywood clips.

We'll definitely incorporate some of JCpie's version, but we'll steer clear of criticism or too much reference to the forums, since that is TNM's speciality.

We wrote to Elias Toufexis, who was willing, but bound by Union rules. Also his voice must be heavily modified, so unless we can get Eidos to ask him to do it, we need someone who can voice Adam convincingly.

Thanks for the input JCpie

ZakKa89
20th Dec 2010, 18:34
Sounds like fun! The e3 trailer music is released so you can you can use that and let your voice actors do the work : )

ObamaKRZY
20th Dec 2010, 18:51
His voice isn't modified. Listen to him in this clip and you can hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTJ57n6z85s

ZakKa89
20th Dec 2010, 18:53
The part "the body might heal, the mind might not be always so resilient" Isn't that somebody else than Sarif speaking? I always thought it was some doctor/scientis.

[FGS]Shadowrunner
20th Dec 2010, 19:02
Yes I think you're right, it's definitely not the same voice as Sarif, it doesn't seem to be the Richard dude either.

Thanks good point about E3 Trailers and Toufexis' voice. Most of us are Euro's or 12 years old, so we need a gruff North American voice...

JCpies
20th Dec 2010, 20:06
Wow it sounds awesome.

If you want me to change it or help out more, I'll be glad to. =)