PDA

View Full Version : PB2Y Coronado

Arrow
20th Dec 2010, 04:40
It's been a long time, and I highly doubt that this game'll get updated anytime soon, but looking back on the BSM focus group thread and getting caught up there's got me thinking on the things I could have contributed to the discussion.

The most prevalent would have been my recommending to add the PB2Y Coronado to the game, as something that could have balanced things out against the Mavis and Emily.

I highly doubt anyone will give a crap about this little rather pointless post, but I just hope that in the far future, if some dev is scrounging around for ideas to make a spiritual descendant of the series, to throw in stuff to make it more balanced.

Guess it's back to guide-writing for me in the meantime though.

Axis_Crusher
22nd Dec 2010, 19:38
It sux that I don't have the graphics software to do it, else it would have been a nice challenge.

EST_PL
5th Feb 2011, 09:58
It's been a long time, and I highly doubt that this game'll get updated anytime soon, but looking back on the BSM focus group thread and getting caught up there's got me thinking on the things I could have contributed to the discussion.

The most prevalent would have been my recommending to add the PB2Y Coronado to the game, as something that could have balanced things out against the Mavis and Emily.

I highly doubt anyone will give a crap about this little rather pointless post, but I just hope that in the far future, if some dev is scrounging around for ideas to make a spiritual descendant of the series, to throw in stuff to make it more balanced.

Guess it's back to guide-writing for me in the meantime though.

At this moment it depends only from players. Midway Modders (guys which are responsible for Midway Modders Mappack1 and 2) succesfully break importing/exporting 3D Models process for Battlestations. First custom units are already added to the game.
Japanese bb/cv mixed ship ISE and experimental plane Shinden already working
Allied ca County class (british) and Gambler Bay (cve) are added too. Much more objects are already done (as 3d objects) and they are waiting for convert process.

Our third mappack for Midway will bring many new units. Some of them ARE known from BSP, some never seen in our games (like ISE bb/cv mixed unit for example).

It's possible to make custom mappacks, packs or whatever it's called for Battlestations Pacific too. Even with new and never seen units.

But it depends from players. BSP just needs strong team of guys, who are wanted to follow Midway Modders and modify/add their content to BSP.

J7W Shinden movie (http://battlestations.eu/index.php/en/forum/topic?id=926&p=2#p13976)

HMS County
(http://battlestations.eu/index.php/en/component/content/article/50-battlestations-midway-news/336-battlestations-midway-cruiser-hms-dorsetshire-first-custom-ship-in-game)

Damocles1775
2nd Mar 2011, 08:32
The PBY2 whould be a nice add-on, but since you have planes like the TBM avenger the developers thought it would suffice. Of course I'm just spectulating. From my expericence japan has better ships, the united states better planes.