PDA

View Full Version : New Game+ question/request

estel
16th Dec 2010, 00:46
First of all, this is my first post on the forum so I would like to say hello to everyone.

Now to the topic at hand,
I would like to know if there are any New Game+ implementation plans in one of the most anticipated games of 2011?

Personally, I think this would be an awesome feature. It could add a lot of replayability and fun, especially for console players who most probably will be deprived of option to change their experience through cheats/mods.

I know, and totally agree, that cheats usually ruin the essence of gameplay, but think about times when you are going to finish the game for the 4th time. A possibility to play with all your implants obtained in previous playthroughs is definitely a sweet change of pace, as well as, an introduction to explore different play styles in one closed session (one playthrough).

If the New Game+ feature was already discussed, I'm sorry for repeating the same topic. The forum is such an extensive place that I simply couldn't found enough time to read all of the posts.

Pinky_Powers
16th Dec 2010, 02:48
As far as I know, Dugas wants to implement this, but is unsure if they'll have the time. But he has expressed solid interest in the idea.

MaxxQ1
16th Dec 2010, 12:08
If the New Game+ feature was already discussed, I'm sorry for repeating the same topic. The forum is such an extensive place that I simply couldn't found enough time to read all of the posts.

As far as I know, it may have come up once before, but I can't really recall. If it isn't mentioned here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406 then it's probably okay to create a new thread about it.

Oh, lordy! I am sooooo shameless... :D

Donvermicelli
16th Dec 2010, 19:56
In my opinion it's the worst idea ever because it literally breaks the game, it might work for some games but I don't think this would work in a DX game.

Jerion
16th Dec 2010, 20:01
In my opinion it's the worst idea ever because it literally breaks the game, it might work for some games but I don't think this would work in a DX game.

Why does it matter if it breaks the game? By the time the player ever encounters it, they've already made at least a single complete unadulterated playthrough. At that point they've already gotten the experience, and ought to be able to choose whether to have some absurdity in the next play through or take it seriously.

Edit:

In all honesty though, SP+ would actually make the game kind of boring for me.

Pinky_Powers
16th Dec 2010, 20:05
In my opinion it's the worst idea ever because it literally breaks the game,

^... The dumbest thing you've said in the last 43 minutes.

It's impossible for a feature like that to break anything when it's optional and a "for the fun of it" sort of thing. You might as well say the Party Ending in DX and IW broke the game, because it brought back dead characters and didn't make any sense. :rolleyes:

Rule Nazis are not welcome in the gaming community, your credentials have been revoked.

Donvermicelli
16th Dec 2010, 20:16

Rule Nazis are not welcome in the gaming community, your credentials have been revoked.

Since when does voicing my opinion make me a rule nazi?
If you care to read the post it clearly states: in my opinion.

And yes it is possible for such a feature to break a game because the entire game wouldn't make sense at all when you start the game+

Hey I'm a completely unmodified 100% human with uber bad-ass mechanical augs poking out from all of my limbs.
^See what I did there?

Pinky_Powers
16th Dec 2010, 20:35
Since when does voicing my opinion make me a rule nazi?
If you care to read the post it clearly states: in my opinion.

I'm always going to rebel against any "opinion" that suggest it's wrong to goof off with ones game.

Hey I'm a completely unmodified 100% human with uber bad-ass mechanical augs poking out from all of my limbs.
^See what I did there?

This nothing more than you projecting your ignorance onto the Developers. If the feature was properly implemented, the principle effect of SP+ wouldn't kick-in until after Adam was Augmented in the story.

Mass Effect 2 did the same thing, where the prologue scene gave you no access to anything form a previous playthrough, not until after it made at least some sense.

And of course, the biggest issue here is you... everything about you is wrong and you can't understand the point of frivolity as an after-dinner mint.

Your heart has grown hideous and obtuse; a cardiologist must have a look at it! :eek:

PS. I may have gone overboard, again. Like I said, I can't abide rule Nazis.

Donvermicelli
16th Dec 2010, 20:43
And of course, the biggest issue here is you...

How so?

Like I said, I can't abide rule Nazis.

what rule(s)?

Jerion
16th Dec 2010, 20:45
Oh, Pinky blithely sticking to his gun in an argument!

http://www.smiley-faces.org/smiley-faces/smiley-face-popcorn.gif

sonicsidewinder
16th Dec 2010, 20:45
Up, Down, Left, Right. (A) + (Start) together. ;)

mad825
16th Dec 2010, 20:52
uh,oh. Godwin's law is coming into effect.

Rindill the Red
16th Dec 2010, 21:19
You might as well say the Party Ending in DX and IW broke the game, because it brought back dead characters and didn't make any sense.

Actually, if you think hard about it, the Party Ending is the only ending that made any sense at all.

Pinky_Powers
16th Dec 2010, 21:21
uh,oh. Godwin's law is coming into effect.

Came and went, brother. :)

How so?

Let's not mince words here. How could it NOT be you?

what rule(s)?

Who said anything about rules? :scratch:

Oh, right.

Well, you did, really. You said SP+ would break the game. At it's basic level you're on about the rules of the game; the rules of the story, the rules of the characters, the rules of the mechanics and the continuity that governs them... you're a Rule Nazi.

Learn to have a little fun, especially when it's optional, and after the main course. :cool:

sloopy70
16th Dec 2010, 21:36
@madufort did tell me through twitter that to experience everything in the story/game that you'd have to play through multiple times - said it was impossible to see everything in one playthrough, depending on your play style for each situation...

Jerion
16th Dec 2010, 21:55
That's actually old news. Hey MaxxQ1, got another one for ya: Read the FAQ.

HellKittyDan
17th Dec 2010, 02:20
If the feature was properly implemented, the principle effect of SP+ wouldn't kick-in until after Adam was Augmented in the story.

Exactly. In MGS4, if you start a new game by loading a completed save you keep all the weapons and items from the last playthrough, but you only get them when you reach the point where your weapons are normally handed over to you.

If you hate the feature because you think it breaks the game or it's against your religion or whatever, then you only need to start a new game instead of loading a completed save. If you hate the feature but choose to use it anyway, then you're a moron.

68_pie
17th Dec 2010, 02:48
Exactly. In MGS4, if you start a new game by loading a completed save you keep all the weapons and items from the last playthrough, but you only get them when you reach the point where your weapons are normally handed over to you.

If you hate the feature because you think it breaks the game or it's against your religion or whatever, then you only need to start a new game instead of loading a completed save. If you hate the feature but choose to use it anyway, then you're a moron.

Call me a grump but I want people to play games they were meant to be played. They shouldn't be having fun:D

[FGS]Shadowrunner
17th Dec 2010, 03:01
I think this is one thing Deus Ex 1 got right.
You can use a cheat code if you want, but the game is not changed in anyway
If you want a really really hard game, you can load 15_Area51_Page from the menu screen and start with nothing at all, not even a candybar in your inventory.
Keeping everyone alive in Hell's Kitchen is practically impossible anyway, so that will keep you busy for years.

I want my second playthrough to be harder, not easier.
My second playthrough, I'll probably not augment, probably try PEPS on everyone.
My third playthrough, I wont even be stealing, I'll tidy up after myself and no-one will die at all.
I hope that non-lethal is harder than lethal. I hope that second playthrough doesn't alter my game at all, otherwise I wouldn't want to finish the final level.

MaxxQ1
17th Dec 2010, 05:02
That's actually old news. Hey MaxxQ1, got another one for ya: Read the FAQ.

You haven't visited that thread in the past day or so, have you? ;)

I added that one to every single category on Tuesday or Wednesday, and under the Moderator category, I even threw in Read the ToU. :whistle:

Donvermicelli
17th Dec 2010, 13:14
Came and went, brother. :)
Let's not mince words here. How could it NOT be you?

That's dodging the question, if you have an opinion at least have a solid argument to back it.

Who said anything about rules? :scratch:

Answering that with a quote

Like I said, I can't abide rule Nazis.

Oh, right. And then I moved on to ask you what rules you spoke of.

Well, you did, really. You said SP+ would break the game.
Never said that it would actually break the game, I said that in my opinion I would think it would break the game. I can't know for sure because the game isn't out and I haven't tried that game with that feature, only time will tell what works for this game if it works at all. What I did is called voicing an opinion and if you want an argument for it I got two:

The developers themselves said this game would be about seeing Adam evolve, if he's fully evolved you wouldn't be able to see him advance further.

Secondly if you want to have fun and mess around in the game that's all cool and I support that but an easier way to fix that would be to use cheat codes and releasing an SDK so that whatever idea pop's up in your head that isn't in the game could be implemented if you wanted it bad enough.

At it's basic level you're on about nothing at all; the rules of the gaming community, the rules that if it worked for a game like mass effect 2 it has to work for this game too. If anything at all I would have to so that you are a Rule Nazi.

Learn to discuss, especially when it's about things that haven't happened yet. You should also learn someone's opinion can never be wrong not yours not mine but if you don't back it with arguments you are just saying things.

Pinky_Powers
17th Dec 2010, 19:23
My record is clear; I have no qualms with getting into the nitty gritty details of an argument, but there is no reason for it here. You said it yourself, at the end of the day this is a debate about two differing opinions on a thing that doesn't even exist. There is no nitty gritty here.

If you look at my last reply, the tone was all in fun... there is no room for argument here. That's why you focused in on nonsense issues like my claim that you were the cause of all the problems in the world. You really want to make that a point? It was hyperbole you daft bastard!

That said, there are some things in your last post I just have to pick at...

The developers themselves said this game would be about seeing Adam evolve, if he's fully evolved you wouldn't be able to see him advance further.

The developers themselves said you could not upgrade your character fully in a single playthrough, and so SP+ would be a magnificent feature of whimsicality for a game like this.

Why is this better than mere cheatcodes? Because it's in-game, and something you earned. And instead of magically getting all of everything, you're still building your character through choice and pacing. It is wildly better than cheatcodes.

At it's basic level you're on about nothing at all;

And you claim I don't make my points.

If you came away with the sense I'm arguing about nothing, then you were clearly lost along the way. And as my logic is concise and well presented, that says only poor things about you.

Anyway, in closing...

Never said that it would actually break the game, I said that in my opinion I would think it would break the game.

:lol:

K^2
17th Dec 2010, 19:33
Never said that it would actually break the game, I said that in my opinion I would think it would break the game.
Oh, wow.

On topic, I don't really care. If I can start a new game without any of that Plus stuff, I'm cool with it being an option, and I don't care what goes into it.

AlexOfSpades
17th Dec 2010, 21:25
Well if its an option, i dont see why.

HellkittyDan said it all:

/thread

VectorM
17th Dec 2010, 22:45

Did he say something dumber 43 minutes before this?

And yes it is possible for such a feature to break a game because the entire game wouldn't make sense at all when you start the game+

Cheats didn't brake Deus Ex or any other game that has them. If people don't want this, they can just start a regular new game.

You can use a cheat code if you want, but the game is not changed in anyway

I get all the augs at the start of the first mission. Then I just run with the silent steps aug and the cloack aug to the top of the statue. Yup, no change there at all!

El_Bel
18th Dec 2010, 03:06
I get all the augs at the start of the first mission. Then I just run with the silent steps aug and the cloack aug to the top of the statue. Yup, no change there at all!

I didnt have the augs but did that anyway. Whats up with that daog?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFF68IZIRcE

K^2
18th Dec 2010, 04:11
Did he say something dumber 43 minutes before this?
That is not known. 43 minutes before that is when Pinky started keeping records. And you got to admire his honesty. "Dumbest thing on record," would sound far more dramatic.

Pinky_Powers
18th Dec 2010, 04:14
That is not known. 43 minutes before that is when Pinky started keeping records. And you got to admire his honesty. "Dumbest thing on record," would sound far more dramatic.

I am if anything modest and moderate. :cool:

LeMoN_LiMe
18th Dec 2010, 04:33
Oh please people chill.

You guys will argue about anything. :rolleyes:

Who cares if there is cheats or not? If you don't want them, then don't use them.

estel
18th Dec 2010, 11:47
Of course, I thought of NG+ as an optional mode.

If the devs implement it right, it could look like this:
"1st playthrough - focus on sneak"
"2nd playthrough - focus on social, but has sneak to rely on in emergency"
etc.

As far as I know it won't make your character overpowered-terminator-rambo-alucard-guy, at least at the beginning ;) , remember that there is still energy limit and you have to acquire the implants previously. All in all, to 100% max-out you would have to play at least 3-4 times.