PDA

View Full Version : Game Informer HUB Updates

_Love2Raid_
14th Dec 2010, 23:46
It updated again. Today there is an interesting (albeit short) article about the history of Crystal Dynamics.

Check it out: http://www.gameinformer.com/mag/tombraider.aspx

There will be something new tomorrow. :)

LARALOVERnr1
15th Dec 2010, 21:35
Yay, Conrad Roth's character profile :)

I love this, they keep updating it daily :D

josh1122
15th Dec 2010, 22:42
So far nothing interesting, I just want more info about TR 9

Edit: yeah i fail at reading, conrad roth,interesting read

hermana
15th Dec 2010, 23:01
After our cover story hit newsstands, franchise fans began to speculate that Roth’s role in the Tomb Raider reboot will be akin to that of Croft’s prior mentor Werner von Croy. Similarities are apparent, as Croy and Roth are responsible for Lara’s first major expeditions – Croy to Angkor Wat and Roth on the ill-fated Endurance mission. Both also share an affinity for ancient artifacts, despite the differing means of procuring said valuables.

Our cover story detailed an exchange between Lara and Roth in which he bolstered her confidence and encouraged her to venture off on her own to signal rescue. In what other capacities do you think Roth will influence Lara? What role would you like him to play in the new Tomb Raider installment?

What do you guys think? How would Conrad Roth influence Lara? And what would be the differences between him and Von Croy?

_Love2Raid_
16th Dec 2010, 01:19
I like what I read about Roth, he is an interesting character. (And handsome. :p)

I think he is someone that Lara looks up to (that´s basically what was said) and also depends on. Therefore, I´m afraid he will die. :(

AlanqtrMain
16th Dec 2010, 02:29
i agree with love2raid i think this conrad fella will be a big influence at the start then either get killed or turn bad.

LarasFAN
16th Dec 2010, 09:29
@love2raid i think that conrad is gonna be eviiiiil XDD don't know why, like von croy was a bit evil, that's how this guy might be bad..... just my opinion :P

dark7angel
16th Dec 2010, 17:00
That Conrad Roth profile was pretty interesting!!! Can't wait for more info!

Randy 54
17th Dec 2010, 02:13
So again, she will be molded by a mentor/guide. How is this any different from the von Croy adventures? By the way, I like the Lara picture on that website.

_Love2Raid_
17th Dec 2010, 02:21
@love2raid i think that conrad is gonna be eviiiiil XDD don't know why, like von croy was a bit evil, that's how this guy might be bad..... just my opinion :P
Could be!

In order to secure a prize and do right by his crew, Roth will lie, cheat, and break the law. Remorse isn’t part of the equation.

So again, she will be molded by a mentor/guide. How is this any different from the von Croy adventures? By the way, I like the Lara picture on that website.
Not much different. :o

They just had to come up with a new character, because keeping Von Croy would mean that those adventures had to be kept as well. So her first adventure would then be in Angkor Wat, and not in Japan. They rebooted Lara already, I think they didn´t want to reboot yet another character.

Btw, there was an update today as well. It´s about the TR brand, check it out! :)

The_Underworld
21st Dec 2010, 22:58
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2010/12/21/special-edition-podcast-tomb-raider.aspx

Woot! Podcast! They're answering questions from the game informer community.

Apparently the opening music for the podcast is a clip of a track from the game itself. :eek:

Edit: Wow, very informing podcast :thumb:

(For those who don't want to listen to a 40 minute podcast) :

- They're looking for voice actors; looks like current one won't return
- Atleast 10 hours of gameplay
- M rating is for the sake of the plot & gameplay, so don't expect Lara to run around dropping F-bombs
- Elements like water, mud, and fire will be used for problem solving, tools, escaping death, etc.
- The game engine is the Legend engine, which was used for Legend and Underworld, but this time they're making drastic changes to it
- They have "No comment" on PSN Network/ Xbox Live logos on Tomb Raider site, they said they might use it, but it's too early to tell.
- Couldn't say anything about combat/ who we're "fighting" against
- They said combat is a "big deal" to them; they're taking risks
- They're influenced by other games utilizing physics; they even said they have a "Cool rope system"
- There are tombs in this game, but it's a slightly different experience
- If Lara is injured, you'll see her injured for a period of time. Water, health, and equipment will help her heal quicker
- They're focusing on Lara becoming more realistic in this game, both physically & mentally. (No more falling 20-30 feet and surviving without injuries or death)
- For the surviving aspect, she won't be picking berries and constantly looking for water, but it will be more like looking for medical supplies and healing her injuries
- The structure of the game will be different, they're trying to move away from levels & loading screens
- The game WILL NOT be an open world game
- There's button prompts/ interactive cut scenes, but it will be like you're playing the game naturally (Not pressing random buttons at random times)
- They probably won't be announcing anything about the release date until around halfway through 2011
- Most, if not all, cut scenes will be in-game, not pre-rendered
- The screen shots from the magazine were from the actual game :D
- The game trailer is close to being released

(Note: I tried my best to get as much info. as I could, but as I am human, I may have made mistakes. :whistle: )

dark7angel
21st Dec 2010, 23:16
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcasts/archive/2010/12/21/special-edition-podcast-tomb-raider.aspx

Apparently the opening music for the podcast is a clip of a track from the game itself. :eek:

Quite awesome imo!!!!

So if I heard that right, they are still looking for Lara's voice actress... so I guess that means Keeley is out...

And they say the game is NOT open world! It has a lot more freedom than before, but it's not open world!!!!

tombmaster54
21st Dec 2010, 23:40
hi

anyone know if the new tomb raider game is for ps3

josh1122
21st Dec 2010, 23:55
Ok so were getting basically the same concept as Underworld thing with the whole ''freedom'' thing.

and yikes at a new voice actress...that displeases me more than any other information altogether

LARALOVERnr1
22nd Dec 2010, 13:49
@The Underworld
Thank you so much for posting it! I could barely enter the site, let alone starting the podcast :(

Exciting news. Can't wait for the gametrailer! :D But wait... What? No information about the release date till midway 2011??? So I guess it's release will be in 2012?

THATS GREAT! :D Now I can play The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim when it's released and then buy Tomb Raider when it's released, instead of having to choose because they're released in the same month! :D:D:D

hiMe
22nd Dec 2010, 14:00
I totally agree. Probs would be best to release at a time not close to Uncharted as well...like just in case.
I'm loving the subtle tones of the music so far. Sounds exciting. <3

Jason Miller
22nd Dec 2010, 14:22
Ok so were getting basically the same concept as Underworld thing with the whole ''freedom'' thing.

and yikes at a new voice actress...that displeases me more than any other information altogether
YOU displease me more than anything:)...why are you always so pessimistic? :(

Pulse
22nd Dec 2010, 18:01
I really hope they have a much longer game than 10 hours. 25, imo, is the perfect length for games that are action/adventure/survival.

I'm happy about there being different regions. I can't wait to see some of them.

And i'm hesitant about the new voice actor. Hopefully they'll get someone who can deliver them convincingly and interestingly.

Jurre
22nd Dec 2010, 18:50
I would be severely disappointed if it wasn't Keeley Hawes voicing her...

DamianGraham
22nd Dec 2010, 22:30

(lolz) i've had this same talk too.. but still, a new voice actress is a little unnerving, but i think when it came to emotion she didn't FULLY deliver the emotions that they are wanting to portray in this game (eg fear sadness, desperation) but i do have this question. in the article (and podcast) it says that the entire body and face were mocapped to go along with speech. how can they motion capture her face for speech.. if they haven't hired an actress yet? i'm thinkin they are fibbing and already have one..

josh1122
22nd Dec 2010, 22:56

then I displease you,sorry lol

and im not being a pessimist from the statement you quoted of me. They touted the whole freedom thing for Underworld and that proved to be very limited, they're touting the same thing with this game, so theres no reason to believe this game will be different

and I don't like the idea for a new voice actress,sue me lol

Just my opinions, if you think they're on the debbie downer side then fine,have at you. But its just the way I personally feel

Danielsun_
22nd Dec 2010, 23:01
I didnt hear what they said fully about the game engine but i did hear them say it was the legend engine which is what? a 4 year old engine :s slightly worried about that, not sure if they said they rebuilt it or something but the graphics simply cannot be like underworld if they want the whole gritty survival horror look

Im sure more will be put to light now but those are my main concerns at the moment, as for the voice actress im really hoping they get someone with a feminine voice yet strong, much like keeleys :D :p

tombmaster54
22nd Dec 2010, 23:35
hi

anyone know if the new tomb raider is ps3

LARALOVERnr1
23rd Dec 2010, 00:46
hi

anyone know if the new tomb raider is ps3

www.tombraider.com
It'll be Ps3, xbox 360 and PC.

But didn't you already ask in another thread? Or am I just having a dejavu?

a_big_house
23rd Dec 2010, 01:08
www.tombraider.com (http://www.tombraider.com)
It'll be Ps3, xbox 360 and PC.

But didn't you already ask in another thread? Or am I just having a dejavu?

Yes, they did, in multiple threads, over and over...

Sam_kain
23rd Dec 2010, 09:50

Edit: Wow, very informing podcast :thumb:

(For those who don't want to listen to a 40 minute podcast) :

- They're looking for voice actors; looks like current one won't return
- Atleast 10 hours of gameplay
- M rating is for the sake of the plot & gameplay, so don't expect Lara to run around dropping F-bombs
- Elements like water, mud, and fire will be used for problem solving, tools, escaping death, etc.
- The game engine is the Legend engine, which was used for Legend and Underworld, but this time they're making drastic changes to it
- They have "No comment" on PSN Network/ Xbox Live logos on Tomb Raider site, they said they might use it, but it's too early to tell.
- Couldn't say anything about combat/ who we're "fighting" against
- They said combat is a "big deal" to them; they're taking risks
- They're influenced by other games utilizing physics; they even said they have a "Cool rope system"
- There are tombs in this game, but it's a slightly different experience
- If Lara is injured, you'll see her injured for a period of time. Water, health, and equipment will help her heal quicker
- They're focusing on Lara becoming more realistic in this game, both physically & mentally. (No more falling 20-30 feet and surviving without injuries or death)
- For the surviving aspect, she won't be picking berries and constantly looking for water, but it will be more like looking for medical supplies and healing her injuries
- The structure of the game will be different, they're trying to move away from levels & loading screens
- There's button prompts/ interactive cut scenes, but it will be like you're playing the game naturally (Not pressing random buttons at random times)
- They probably won't be announcing anything about the release date until around halfway through 2011
- Most, if not all, cut scenes will be in-game, not pre-rendered
- The screen shots from the magazine were from the actual game :D
- The game trailer is close to being released

(Note: I tried my best to get as much info. as I could, but as I am human, I may have made mistakes. :whistle: )

woooooooooooow, that is so interesting, thx so much, i am also one of those, i can't listen to something without visuals for so long, i get boring no matter what, but you got me the best news ever, thx The_Underworld :)

I am really excited about everything, and there are some elements that makes me more happy now than ever

-The game trailer is close to being released

best news ever, though i am so concerned with the Engine, they can't fight nowadays games with a 4 year old engine, no matter how they change it, i mean look at unreal 2, UBI used a modified Unreal 2 for Splinter Cell Conviction, and the fans weren't fund of the visuals, so i really hope they make a big great engine, or blow me away with great graphics

LARALOVERnr1
23rd Dec 2010, 14:22
-The game trailer is close to being released

best news ever, though i am so concerned with the Engine, they can't fight nowadays games with a 4 year old engine, no matter how they change it, i mean look at unreal 2, UBI used a modified Unreal 2 for Splinter Cell Conviction, and the fans weren't fund of the visuals, so i really hope they make a big great engine, or blow me away with great graphics

I was also very happy when I read that it wasn't an open world/sandboxgame :D.
I do like sandbox games, but I just didn't find it fitting for TR. But this does raises another question: How the hell is it possible to get to every spot on the island whenever you want to if it isn't a sandboxgame?

I think the engine will turn out fine. They'll probably upgrade it. I mean, Underworld used the Legend-engine to, and that didn't look that bad, did it? It wasn't like the most beautifull game in the world, but it matched the standards for graphics nowadays.

tombmaster54
23rd Dec 2010, 14:47
Yes, they did, in multiple threads, over and over...

yay ps3 and im not sure if i asked this question in another thread r have to check but thanks

Sam_kain
23rd Dec 2010, 14:54
I was also very happy when I read that it wasn't an open world/sandboxgame :D.
I do like sandbox games, but I just didn't find it fitting for TR. But this does raises another question: How the hell is it possible to get to every spot on the island whenever you want to if it isn't a sandboxgame?

I think the engine will turn out fine. They'll probably upgrade it. I mean, Underworld used the Legend-engine to, and that didn't look that bad, did it? It wasn't like the most beautifull game in the world, but it matched the standards for graphics nowadays.

i think i got an idea, think of Splinter Cell Chaos theory, it had alternative paths for 100% stealth, maybe we will get that in the new TR, like multiple paths to choose from how to proceed, each with it's own danger, maybe we will get something similar to Castlevania Lords Of Shadow, basically it was split into chapters, once you finish the game you could go back, use your abilities to access places you couldn't in the beginning, maybe in TR you will have to venture somewhere to learn some skills so you can continue your journey, maybe there will be a tunnel system, a horse ?!, maybe i don't know

for the graphics the screen shots looks great, and personally i don't care about graphics that much as long as i have a great story and fun with the gameplay, i just don't want anyone to criticize a great game for graphic power lacking

LARALOVERnr1
23rd Dec 2010, 19:16
Yay! New update! They gave us incredible.... wallpapers? Ah well, they are nice...

But they better give us something exciting on the 28th of december :mad:

The_Underworld
23rd Dec 2010, 20:57
Wallpapers? :(

But I really like the last one. :worship:

But on the topic of the podcast, I'm quite happy that it looks like Keely won't be returning. Her voice skills in The Guardian Of Light were very lackluster, in my opinion. ;)

As they're using the Legend engine, which is pretty old, they said they have around 20 people working on either rebuilding it, or making a lot of changes to it. Not sure what to think about that, but from what I've seen, it looks like they're doing a pretty phenomenal job at it. :thumb:

Here's hoping for screenshots on the 28th :wave:

(BTW, does anyone else have problems when they go to the Game Informer Tomb Raider site? Because my entire computer freezes for a good 20 seconds whenever I go there. :rolleyes:)

LARALOVERnr1
28th Dec 2010, 18:50
New update today :p

chriss_99
28th Dec 2010, 18:52
New update today :p

:nut: Can't wait!

Sam_kain
28th Dec 2010, 18:56
:nut: Can't wait!

me too

beretta
28th Dec 2010, 21:22
can wait:nut:

RoombelinaUK
28th Dec 2010, 22:05
Pssst..! Update, you can come out now! No one'll hurt you, I promise.:)

Acid_Burn
28th Dec 2010, 23:41
Again they postponed 'Making the cover' update :(

Darth Ryu
29th Dec 2010, 00:07
I did not liked this update at all, I don't even have an IPhone :(

Come on, how hard is to throw us some media?

_Love2Raid_
29th Dec 2010, 01:53
Something lame today ... yawn. :nut:

:D

LARALOVERnr1
29th Dec 2010, 08:33
30th of December. Better be something Big.

Acid_Burn
29th Dec 2010, 09:55
There's just 2 updates left.
'Making the Cover' & 'Bonus Gallery'

chriss_99
29th Dec 2010, 14:32
Seriously? I'm hoping for a trailer or ingame screenshots.

LARALOVERnr1
29th Dec 2010, 14:47
Seriously? I'm hoping for a trailer or ingame screenshots.

Me to...:(

But whatever, in January it'll be raining first-looks(Have already seen anouncements in over 5 gaming magazines), so we'll probably get some screens and stuff than.

_Love2Raid_
29th Dec 2010, 22:05
Agreed. Don´t want to sound ungrateful, but where is the juicy stuff lol. :o:flowers:

_Love2Raid_
5th Jan 2011, 00:31
Today´s update got delayed, it will come tomorrow now. More info: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/04/in-regards-to-our-final-tomb-raider-hub-update.aspx

aussie500
6th Jan 2011, 00:08
Apparently it is uploading to the HUB now, so should go live very soon. :)

Edit - Here we go http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/01/05/making-of-the-cover-tomb-raider.aspx

Pulse
6th Jan 2011, 06:44
That was much more interesting that it seemed at first. The video pumped me for the game and attracted me to game design... win/win?

That 3D model looked like a real person! :O

dark7angel
6th Jan 2011, 16:35
Great video!!!! I really enjoy seeing some of this behind the scenes/making of stuff!!! :cool:

And I agree with Pulse, that 3D model looked so real!!!!