PDA

View Full Version : Something I've been thinking about the release date.

LarasFAN
13th Dec 2010, 18:40
first of all, when did CD started making this game? cuz since the artworks were show in 2009 i guess somewhere then.... that means that the game can't be released later than 8 months from today.. Also, by posting all the stuff at game informer hub (that are like the dev diaries) shows that the game is ready.... well like 90% done.... all we need now is a trailer, a gameplay trailer and the game comes 2-3 months later. i hope CD don't release the game at the ending of 2011. I'll forget it by then, even if some people prefer to wait that long, i just think that i'll get tired of waiting and find a better interest in UC3.... i pray to god that they release it end of april or mid june.

p.s EIDOS POST A TRAILER ALREADY!!!!! :nut::D

and sorry if my english sucks..... im just sleepy

Ants_27_
13th Dec 2010, 18:51
Well the problem is the open world aspect. That is perhaps what may take the longest to do as its extremely technical. For example, it took rockstar 4 years to make Grand Theft Auto IV ready for release. It took Bethesda 4 years to develop Fallout 3.

And even then they still had their problems. Granted, Rockstar and Bethesda create very in depth worlds, including cars and population I suppose.

But in terms of sales, wouldn't it be better to go for a winter release, maybe shifting a few extra copies in time for the festive holiday? Though, I believe they'd need a heavy advertising campaign.:scratch:

LarasFAN
13th Dec 2010, 18:54
i don't know. it never took CD to create another TR game that much (or did it). But if they really release it that late, i won't even bother looking at the game or anything. i'd have my uncharted 3 copy, and after i finish the story 3 times, i'll play online with ma friends.... so for their own sake i suggest they release it in mid 2011 or they wont have many sales.

Ants_27_
13th Dec 2010, 19:22
Actually I never thought of it that way. I suppose its sales in terms of PS3 (sales) might be tarnished a bit die to the release of some big hitters, like Uncharted (especially since they both share similar concepts) and with the release of The Elder Scrolls V.

I suppose some would argue that you could just buy both but I have this method with money (split whatever I get). Keep the majority for major problems that occur that money might be needed and the rest can be spent on games, films or whatever... therefore I don't like buying two games practically brand new at the same time! :lol:

Fox89
13th Dec 2010, 20:00
It took Bethesda 4 years to develop Fallout 3

Only cause they were working with Gamebryo :) I'm doing a mod in that at the moment and it's astonishingly hard to work with.

My bet is late early 2012 for Tomb Raider.

LarasFAN
13th Dec 2010, 20:13
Only cause they were working with Gamebryo :) I'm doing a mod in that at the moment and it's astonishingly hard to work with.

My bet is late early 2012 for Tomb Raider.

if the game comes out 2012.... and it won't be a masterpiece after all this time then TR has lost a loyal fan....

andrew90
13th Dec 2010, 20:49
i hope CD don't release the game at the ending of 2011. I'll forget it by then, even if some people prefer to wait that long, i just think that i'll get tired of waiting and find a better interest in UC3.... i pray to god that they release it end of april or mid june.

How is that, uncharted 3 will be released in novembere 2011. you'll have to wait for it as well. as for TR I think it will be released at the end of 2011. If you guys remember when underworld was anounced in 2008, it was about this time of the year, maybe a bit earlier and then , next year in november we got it, so I guess we'll have to wait 'til late next year.

tombraidergal
13th Dec 2010, 21:40
if the game comes out 2012.... and it won't be a masterpiece after all this time then TR has lost a loyal fan....

yeah... if it's a four year long wait, then it better be worth it. if it comes out next year however... :thumb:

DamianGraham
13th Dec 2010, 23:23
well because i'm impatient... i would rather it be out by October (at the latest) of next year. no doubt CD had this idea at the end of Underworld.. theyve probably been working on it FARRRR longer than we think. and the fact they finally released some official information, makes me believe next year. if you read the Gameinformer article on it, they talk about actual gameplay, so we know for sure that (some) of the game is playable. whether or not it's ready? i'm not sure.

josh1122
14th Dec 2010, 00:24
I'd like a holiday 2011 release if its that far along, if not push it into 2012. If its a 2012 release then give us a demo in 2011 so we have something to tide us over lol

BritCroft
14th Dec 2010, 13:45
I just hope it's somewhat soon. Probably over the summer though. A lot of bored kids with nothing to do = big sales= losta $$$ for eidos. Just my guess.

LarasFAN
14th Dec 2010, 17:54
Naughty dog just showed a uncharted 3 demo..... CD keep with showing us nothing and u'll see how ur sales go.... i've been waiting for days for something new and i dont see nothing. JUST SHOW US A GOD DAMN TRAILER :/

Fox89
14th Dec 2010, 18:03
They only announced it a couple of weeks ago Larasfan! Don't expect a trailer until a major games show. If we're lucky one will come sooner, but who knows? If it was coming out in a month you'd have a point but I'd say we have at least a year to wait until the game comes out, that's plenty of time for the publicity train to get rolling.

LarasFAN
14th Dec 2010, 18:08
im just worried. the first game i ever played on ps1 was lara croft and since then i've bought every game. now that uncharted came out, its in a way better than TR, so i jut want CD to keep up with game releases/trailers/demos and stuff.

p.s. Uncharted 3 is coming out on november 1st and they showed a demo and a trailer. Also uncharted 3 started being made from 2010s beggining and TR9 since 2009.... TR is "lagging" in a way. that's what i mean.

Ants_27_
14th Dec 2010, 18:40
I just hope it's somewhat soon. Probably over the summer though. A lot of bored kids with nothing to do = big sales= losta $$$ for eidos. Just my guess.

But its going to be 18 isn't it?

And considering most adults don't get a technically Summer off I doubt it'd make much difference. Especially since some parents forbid their child from having a game which is perhaps rated higher than their actual age.

But in theory, the longer the better but I suppose that might not be the case.:)

@LarasFAN - In terms of Naughty Dog working on a quicker time scale well they already have a brilliant engine that they built for Drake's Fortune (Naughty Dog 2.0 or so it was called for number 2), whereas TR will have to b build an entirely new one as the Underworld one was flawed in many ways I'd say. All Naughty Dog need to do is continue work on their engine by adding new physics systems in and whatnot.

Though I have not much knowledge in that department... It's just my guess into why CD may have been doing TR longer.

tombraidergal
14th Dec 2010, 18:41
@Larasfan
hmm... i see what you mean. but really... would you rather they rush it and you get a rubbish game with no good qualities what so ever (kind of like how they finished tr:U in a year... kind of... bad...)? or would you rather have a respectable waiting time and be presented with an AWESOME game which beats all? ;)

LarasFAN
14th Dec 2010, 18:46
they've been making this for 3-4 years :S how can i be rushing them? they at least need to post a teaser trailer. anything. u saw Uncharted 3 demo? it had buggs in it but they still posted it..... if they dont post a trailer soon enough people will get hyped about the new trailers in late december and january (final fantasy 13 verus and agito are coming then...) . im trying to help CD to show that lara is back, not let TR be in the uncharted 3 shadow.

josh1122
14th Dec 2010, 23:07
they've been making this for 3-4 years :S how can i be rushing them? they at least need to post a teaser trailer. anything. u saw Uncharted 3 demo? it had buggs in it but they still posted it..... if they dont post a trailer soon enough people will get hyped about the new trailers in late december and january (final fantasy 13 verus and agito are coming then...) . im trying to help CD to show that lara is back, not let TR be in the uncharted 3 shadow.

Tomb Raider will ALWAYS be in Uncharted's shadow. It's the new ''in'' and ''cool'' game series. No matter what Tomb Raider does, its glory days of being in the main spotlight are pretty much gone.

They should not release a full fledged trailer anytime soon, what they should do is with all these reveals they've been doin with game informer and so forth is have the last reveal be a teaser trailer, maybe a teaser trailer with narrative from Lara about the story.

She'll be talking and it will be scenes(CGI of course) of a boat wreck,violent storm and an island and she'll talk about how she crashed on a remote island and she doesnt feel like shes alone and her goal is to survive etc etc.

A teaser trailer that gives you idea of her situation and a jist of the story and her goal(to survive)

that's all you really need to have for a teaser trailer and have that come out like i said as the last reveal for game informer or in the next few months.

Then at E3 in 2011, show off a full fledged trailer because thats where all the gamers eyes will be and where you'll attract the most attention.

I would also recommend that EIDOS/Square stay completely away from a 2011 release,especially holiday,because while the new Tomb Raider shows promise,the brand name Tomb Raider doesn't have any kick to it and would get over looked and destroyed in the holiday season 2011

Elder Scrolls V
Uncharted 3
Batman Arkham City
Zelda Skyward Sword(not official but possible)
Mass Effect 3
Resistance 3
etc etc

It would be wise to tease like i stated above, full fledged trailer at E3 in June 2011 with a release date of maybe feb/march 2012

Fox89
15th Dec 2010, 00:32
im trying to help CD to show that lara is back, not let TR be in the uncharted 3 shadow.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter when we see trailers, the important thing is the content. People aren't going to forget about a great TR trailer just because it comes a month after a great Uncharted 3 trailer. The great thing about everyone who plays video games is that they are perfectly capable of getting excited about multiple things :)