PDA

View Full Version : Will there be multiple levels of limited editions?

BigBoss
12th Dec 2010, 05:42
Not that I would be against it or anything, hell I'd pay twice as much if it meant something reeeeeally cool. It just bugs me when the different versions are announced at different times, it just saves me an extra stop to the store. Does anyone know if there is a chance of this happening?

cartridge
12th Dec 2010, 05:50
Doubt it, man. Of course, this is assuming they don't follow Activision's philosophy for the CoD games and offer a life-size cybernetic arm for $150. Lol

mad825
12th Dec 2010, 05:50

are you hoping that the CM would comment on this?

BigBoss
12th Dec 2010, 05:53
Anyone with proof to back up their statement would be nice

@Cartridge: I'd buy it

cartridge
12th Dec 2010, 06:11
@Cartridge: I'd buy it

Perhaps for a sequel, but at this point they still have to prove they can pull it off (developing a DX game). No sense in pouring all that money into a super deluxe extremely augmented gundam mobile suit practically invulnerable god mode edition of the game if they're not confident in how well it will sell.

Dead-Eye
12th Dec 2010, 06:46
Bioshock did it with a new IP and it worked.

cartridge
12th Dec 2010, 06:55
Bioshock did it with a new IP and it worked.

Yeah, but IG and 2K got the game in as many hands possible, with gameplay and previews everywhere. Everyone pretty much knew where their money was going before it released. They had a much better strategy, IMO. We've seen like twelve CG trailers and one or two console gameplay movies, and no PC gameplay (Eyefinity doesn't count).

Senka
12th Dec 2010, 07:16
What, once more than one screen is being used it suddenly doesn't count, is that it? How exactly does the eyefinity footage "not count"?

cartridge
12th Dec 2010, 07:28
Because it's all cam footage and running on a machine like 98% of the population can't afford. We need direct capture gameplay, a rundown of all the features and UI's, performing on a machine that isn't catered for the filthy rich.

Senka
12th Dec 2010, 07:33
So it was the two extra screens!

Seriously though, how does that even matter!? Just imagine the same things on a 19" monitor then.

cartridge
12th Dec 2010, 07:43
Did you not read my post? It's all shaky cam footage. Recorded at a distance. No way to properly preview the game or UI.

Senka
12th Dec 2010, 09:09
You got me, I skipped the whole two lines of text.

Shralla
12th Dec 2010, 23:46
We need direct capture gameplay, a rundown of all the features and UI's, performing on a machine that isn't catered for the filthy rich.

Are you serious? I knew you had completely unreasonable expectations about EVERYTHING involving this game, but you REALLY THINK that they would ever demo the game on anything less than maximum settings?

You're delusional. Completely.

Oh and BTW, we haven't had any "proper" footage of the console versions either. Quit getting your panties in a bunch.

cartridge
13th Dec 2010, 04:11
Are you serious? I knew you had completely unreasonable expectations about EVERYTHING involving this game, but you REALLY THINK that they would ever demo the game on anything less than maximum settings?

You're delusional. Completely.

Oh and BTW, we haven't had any "proper" footage of the console versions either. Quit getting your panties in a bunch.

First off, you don't f***ing "know." Apparently. Second, I never suggested they should or would ever demo the game on anything less than max settings. If a $3000+ rig with 6800's in crossfire is a requirement to run this game at max, then we're all f***ed come release. Get the picture?!

So, no. I'm not delusional... Completely.

We have had proper console footage, in the form of the latest gameplay trailer. Might want to check it out, Shrallalalala.

thedosbox
13th Dec 2010, 04:17
First off, you don't f***ing "know." Apparently. Second, I never suggested they should or would ever demo the game on anything less than max settings. If a $3000+ rig with 6800's in crossfire is a requirement to run this game at max, then we're all f***ed come release. Get the picture?!

Which other multi-platform games have required a $3000 multi-GPU rig to run "at max"? And what is your definition of "at max"?

Rindill the Red
13th Dec 2010, 04:17

So, no. I'm not delusional... Completely.

We have had proper console footage, in the form of the latest gameplay trailer. Might want to check it out, Shrallalalala.

You're being unreasonable.

We know it runs on top hardware.

We know it runs on the Xbox 360.

It's going to look nice on your PC, so long as it isn't really really old.

What more can you ask for?

thedosbox
13th Dec 2010, 04:22
Not that I would be against it or anything, hell I'd pay twice as much if it meant something reeeeeally cool. It just bugs me when the different versions are announced at different times, it just saves me an extra stop to the store. Does anyone know if there is a chance of this happening?

Getting back on topic, when have you ever seen Eidos stagger their "limited" or "special" edition announcements?

cartridge
13th Dec 2010, 04:56
You're being unreasonable.

We know it runs on top hardware.

We know it runs on the Xbox 360.

It's going to look nice on your PC, so long as it isn't really really old.

What more can you ask for?

We are 2.5 months from release and they have shown use ZERO gameplay on PC. We have seen demos for Eyefinity recorded from a shaky camcorder at a distance. It's to show off ATI's new Eyefinity crap, not Deus Ex.