PDA

View Full Version : So the next game and last movie have the same main bad guy?

BigBoss
12th Dec 2010, 05:25
Everyone by now knows the rumors that DKR will revolve around hugo strange. With the announcement of him as AC's bad guy (what appears to be the main one) Does this mean both will have the same kind of plot, or do you think the rumor spread about the wrong batman product?

door noob
12th Dec 2010, 05:29
Everyone by now knows the rumors that DKR will revolve around hugo strange. With the announcement of him as AC's bad guy (what appears to be the main one) Does this mean both will have the same kind of plot, or do you think the rumor spread about the wrong batman product?

DKR's Hugo Strange is just a rumor, just like eddie murphy playing the riddler was a rumoe :P. But if it turns out to be true, DC would seem to see some more potential in Strange and try to revive him.

BigBoss
12th Dec 2010, 05:38
DKR's Hugo Strange is just a rumor, just like eddie murphy playing the riddler was a rumoe :P. But if it turns out to be true, DC would seem to see some more potential in Strange and try to revive him.

I doubt it's even true. It hasn't presented itself any more credibility than Depp being the riddler. My guess is that after nolan said that the killing joke and year one were his inspirations and sales boosted for those books, DC is doing it again by riding the rumor train and at least half delivering with the AA/AC universe

Old_BenKenobi
12th Dec 2010, 07:41
You know the same thing could be said for the last game/movie, right? And how similar were those?

BigBoss
12th Dec 2010, 10:32
Yeah, but the jokers whole shtick was that he was trying to create anarchy. That's an easy idea to show in multiple ways but how can you play off someone finding out batmans identity? It already happened in a 5 minute sub plot of the dark knight so....

kalle90
12th Dec 2010, 18:33
Yea Scarecrow and Joker were both in last movies.

As far as I know DKR will have 2-3 villains while AC will have 5-10 big ones. In DKR Batman is on the run while in AC he's something else

The Bat
12th Dec 2010, 18:41
http://screenrant.com/tom-hardy-hugo-strange-batman-dark-knight-rises-kofi-88427/
I found this article kind of interesting. It explains what Hugo Strange would be doing in the Christopher Nolan films.

JackWinz
12th Dec 2010, 22:32
What if Strange in AC is just a way of getting him out there so everyone knows who he is when Batman3 rolls around?

MCREF
12th Dec 2010, 22:43
That would kinda suck. These forums would de-volve into Nolan-verse and Arkhamites. People will post countless pointless threads saying, "Oh I think Nolanverse did Strange better," "What? No way! Arkham City did Strange way better." People will get banned, the blood of the innocent will spill, the world will spin off it's axis, and Doat1's nipples will be hard....

By now the movie guys have seen the trailer and will do one of two things: Having witnessed the awesomeness of the trailer they wont bother to touch Strange as anything they do with the character could affect either franchise's audience and they'll get another bad guy or they'll do it anyway and try to outdo Rocksteady.

The Bat
12th Dec 2010, 23:07
Well probably not, Joker was in The Dark Knight as WELL as Arkham Asylum and everyone kinda praised both characters in each the gaming and movie world... It can be the same thing for Arkham City and Dark Knight Rises, just my thoughts...

A Dark Knight
13th Dec 2010, 00:32
Who said Strange was the villain of TDKR? People said the same thing about the Riddler and look how that turned out.

BigBoss
13th Dec 2010, 01:22
Who said Strange was the villain of TDKR? People said the same thing about the Riddler and look how that turned out.

It's just the latest rumor, I posted my theory near the start of the thread. Christian bale said in an interview of the fighter, that he isn't convinced that this is even the name of the movie because Nolan hasn't told him so yet and that this is the exact same thing that happened with the last batman movie. So I guess it's still too early to speculate.

JackWinz
13th Dec 2010, 05:33
"What? No way! Arkham City did Strange way better." People will get banned, the blood of the innocent will spill, the world will spin off it's AXIS, and Doat1's nipples will be hard....

Hehe..

http://imaginarycinema.com/images/burton/bat5.jpg

AngelsDontKill6
13th Dec 2010, 18:54
i certrainly hope he's not the villian for both. that will ruin the game.
From what i have heard they wanted to use Waylan jones for the new movie.
probably just rumors as well because Chirs nolan has really said nothing about the movie.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
13th Dec 2010, 19:03
probably just rumors as well because Chirs nolan has really said nothing about the movie.

No it wouldnt. It would be totally different that the movie

Joseph Kerstein
13th Dec 2010, 19:30

Joker from both TDK and B:AA were vastly different and both the game and movie came out at about the same time, and both were also vastly different but both highly praised. This can't apply to Hugo as well? And who here even KNOWS for a fact that Hugo IS going to be the main villain of the new, upcoming Nolan Bat-flick? Just baseless rumors I'm assuming, yes?

MCREF
14th Dec 2010, 01:48
Most likely as all Nolans batfilms have come with wild rumors attached. But you're also forgetting the three to five month period from the first Joker screenshot where all people could say was that it reminded them of TDK Joker and how much he looked like Heath Ledger and how good Heath Ledger was and...... and..... and...... lol

It got annoying. Most of that was from IGN and Gamespot people anyway. Point is it gets irritating no matter which side of the issue your on.

BigBoss
14th Dec 2010, 07:03
Most likely as all Nolans batfilms have come with wild rumors attached. But you're also forgetting the three to five month period from the first Joker screenshot where all people could say was that it reminded them of TDK Joker and how much he looked like Heath Ledger and how good Heath Ledger was and...... and..... and...... lol

It got annoying. Most of that was from IGN and Gamespot people anyway. Point is it gets irritating no matter which side of the issue your on.

I don't trust ign with anything anymore. I don't read their reviews because they're biased, I don't read their previews because they over hype everything, and all that leaves are their constant articles that consist of nothing but lists of the top 25 anything OF ALL TIME. Then the lists change like every 4 months. Seriously, go on their website and see how many of those stupid lists you can find. Right now the front page is at an extreme low of only 3, but there are tons if you look for them

Batman The Trailer Hunter
14th Dec 2010, 18:06
I don't trust ign with anything anymore. I don't read their reviews because they're biased, I don't read their previews because they over hype everything, and all that leaves are their constant articles that consist of nothing but lists of the top 25 anything OF ALL TIME. Then the lists change like every 4 months. Seriously, go on their website and see how many of those stupid lists you can find. Right now the front page is at an extreme low of only 3, but there are tons if you look for them

:thumb::thumb::thumb: