PDA

View Full Version : Was Arkham Asylum....Too Simple For The Batman?

Bat-Tutsi
12th Dec 2010, 04:22
I was thinking about the new game and how insane fighting an entire city of criminals and trained mercenaries is going to be.

But was the Asylum all that difficult a job for Batman in comparison? Especially if we consider what he can do in the comics? Maybe purely as an endurance test, but not any individual challenge. He fights mostly retarded thugs who attack one at a time and also mindless mutants.

Half the super villains are cracked out on Titan, which make them physically stronger but mentally not as sharp, very bad against a genius strategist. The other half try to use standard death traps or hallucinations. Again, old hat for Batman.

I would say the final confrontation with Joker would be a real challenge story-wise but the actual fight is so ridiculously easy I can't count it.

What do you guys think?

Batman The Trailer Hunter
12th Dec 2010, 04:24
Joker, Zsasz, Scarecrow, Croc, Bane, Ivy then 100+ goons...yeah it was waaay to easy

Old_BenKenobi
12th Dec 2010, 05:10
I think the point the game was trying to make was that it was Batman facing a test of endurance by putting him through all of that in the course of a single night. While any of the individual elements of the game might not have been the toughest Batman faced, having to go against them one after the other definitely did it.

door noob
12th Dec 2010, 05:17
I found that the story lacked emotional and mental challenges aswell as difficult puzzels in the plot. The plot was straightforward, and was a great foundation for gameplay. Something along the lines of inFamous' story was VERY satisfying and would like to see that in a Batman video game. But due to the trailer is seems like batman will have a lot more diffuclt puzzle to solve with whatever Hugo comes up with.

Batty_Akuma
12th Dec 2010, 06:56
Everything is easy when your Batman.

gazzilla8000
12th Dec 2010, 07:22
I must say, I'm excited by how they've expanded the threat against Batman in AC. Fighting tactical units will be alot more interesting than the generic thugs from AA, and keeping Hugo Strange quiet about Bruce's secrets will be a tense plot element.

kalle90
12th Dec 2010, 18:37
It would have been really short if there was just 1 biggest battle Batman has even faced. Plus it would have been corny as hell

DarkKnightDanny
13th Dec 2010, 01:29
Of course it was too easy, he's the Batman!

On a serious note, in one of Sefton Hill's many interviews about AA he adds that when making the game, they wanted you to be the all powerful Batman that could take on hordes of goons without flinching. The silent predator type that makes things look easy. i think they pulled that off.

Doat1
13th Dec 2010, 02:22
I think AA was just a setup for AC, judging from the info we know AC will be more difficult in most or all aspects i suspect.

BigBoss
13th Dec 2010, 05:20
I think the main fact that it was "too easy" for some of you is that you are forgetting it was a mainstream game. How much critical success do you honestly think this game would get if it had detective parts that were on par with the batmans intellect? I'm guessing pretty much no one here could solve them.

Doat1
13th Dec 2010, 05:29
I think the main fact that it was "too easy" for some of you is that you are forgetting it was a mainstream game. How much critical success do you honestly think this game would get if it had detective parts that were on par with the batmans intellect? I'm guessing pretty much no one here could solve them.

that's why i said what i said i assume it will be more difficult this time around

Joseph Kerstein
13th Dec 2010, 19:52
Joker, Zsasz, Scarecrow, Croc, Bane, Ivy then 100+ goons...yeah it was waaay to easy

How DARE you forget the all knowing, all intelligent, RIDDLER!!! :rasp:

On topic, I'm going to have to say that they nailed overall what it's like for Batman. Maybe a bit _too_ easy, but d@mn was it ever fun. Really hoping there's more challenge to this next game though. More intellectual challenges (that are more intellectually challenging), and more intense fights.

sintzu
14th Dec 2010, 11:30
if you compare it to arkham city

id say yes very easy

martian1127
14th Dec 2010, 16:24
I was thinking about the new game and how insane fighting an entire city of criminals and trained mercenaries is going to be.

But was the Asylum all that difficult a job for Batman in comparison? Especially if we consider what he can do in the comics? Maybe purely as an endurance test, but not any individual challenge. He fights mostly retarded thugs who attack one at a time and also mindless mutants.

Half the super villains are cracked out on Titan, which make them physically stronger but mentally not as sharp, very bad against a genius strategist. The other half try to use standard death traps or hallucinations. Again, old hat for Batman.

I would say the final confrontation with Joker would be a real challenge story-wise but the actual fight is so ridiculously easy I can't count it.

What do you guys think?

I have to agree. Just think, Batman had a batcave right on the Island. Which means, he has spent a great deal of time on the Island to have built a batcave there. Even Oracle, was clueless when Batman told her that he had a batcave there. He called it "A home, away from home". Also, he had spoken about Dead Man's Point. Batman knew the Island pretty well. There were possibly some areas such as the Botonical Garden's Lab and Extreme Isolation that he had never been in before. But other than that, he knew the Island. All he needed there was a grapple hook, bat claw, detective vision, sequencer and explosive gel. He also, went in chronological order of unimportance for the villains he had to fight. He fought them all in the order that he needed to fight them in. It will be much more difficult fighting a whole city of villains.

Now he is in Arkham City, a sub-division of Gotham. He will need much more. We all saw in the Hugo Strange trailer, that Batman has smoke bombs. That will be a major plus in his stealth evasions. We also saw that Strange's special armed force team had night vision goggles. So possibly in dark areas, those men will be able to see Batman. He will have to use quick stealth techniques in order to take out those men. As for the henchmen, his basic martial arts are enough to fight them. Defeating villains may be a lot tougher.I can't wait to see Mr. Freeze.