PDA

View Full Version : Why I would like Larson back

Reidbynature
11th Dec 2010, 22:55
Firstly I have a gut feeling that we're not going to see many familiar faces in this reboot. Plus from what I've heard about the setting it would very difficult to forcefully introduce Larson or any other familiar face. So I really just mean 'at some point' in this new series. It might be a few paragraphs, but I think I make a few good points.

I really liked the more sophisticated version of Larson from Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I thought he was a great counterpart to Lara in many ways. Although I thought his death was a mishandling of the character and wiped away his potential as a great supporting character.

Not only that, despite Anniversary possibly being my favourite Tomb Raider (if not that, then Legend), it was hard to swallow on two points. Firstly it was too similar to a scene in the second film and felt forced because of it and secondly it made Lara look as if she may have murdered him. Especially since we the player/audience saw him actually save Lara at one point and during their previous battle he was clearly holding back. I believe the scene may be there to enforce a sense of Lara facing up to the fact that she has to make a decision about how far she might have to go in order to fight for something she believes and to convey a sense of creeping obsession, but my impression of her character from all the other games is that she has a stronger moral code than what she did there.

Basically I'm saying it seemed out of character and that getting rid of Larson like that robbed her of a potential rival/dramatic foil that could be revisited in other games. I think a drawback of the Tomb Raider games stories is that she doesn't really have many attachements and providing her with someone like Larson where there's some tension and rivalry would provide a more personal story for Lara. Although the last trilogy did go some ways in the right direction with a better supporting cast of characters, but I still didn't feel they mattered as much in the scheme of things like I did from Uncharted 2's characters.

Madonnalicious
1st Apr 2013, 15:21
LAURA CROFT IS AN BLASHPHEMI MADE BAY LADY GAGA!!!
IM MADONNA, N I'LL TRAI TO KILL LAURA!!!!!!!!
N ILL KILL LADY GAGA TOO!
WHO'S WIT ME!????