PDA

View Full Version : Graphics: Comparison

Pulse
7th Dec 2010, 23:15
LEGEND

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2006/099/reviews/926821_20060410_790screen003.jpg

ANNIVERSARY

http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/xbox-360/tomb-raider-anniversary/tomb-raider-anniversary-2.jpg

UNDERWORLD

http://insidermedia.ign.com/insider/image/article/934/934656/head-to-head-tomb-raider-underworld-20081201041147102_640w.jpg

TOMB RAIDER

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/tr_reboot.jpg

Go buy Gameinformer to see more! The detail is phenomenal and the descriptions interesting and terrifying!

Treeble
7th Dec 2010, 23:18
That's a PSP screen of Legend you have there though. :hmm:

Pulse
7th Dec 2010, 23:26
That's a PSP screen of Legend you have there though. :hmm:

It's changed now :thumb:

Danielsun_
7th Dec 2010, 23:45
where are the other two images? o.0

Rachie
7th Dec 2010, 23:59
I have to say, I love the new Lara. She's beautiful, and not in a superficial kind of way - she's almost real. :D

EDIT: Yes, but where are the other two images?

Pulse
8th Dec 2010, 00:01
I have to say, I love the new Lara. She's beautiful, and not in a superficial kind of way - she's almost real. :D

EDIT: Yes, but where are the other two images?

I'm seeing all of them...

Rachie
8th Dec 2010, 00:07
I'm seeing all of them...

It seems me and Danielsun are only seeing two of them, the Legend and Tomb Raider ones. Instead of the Underworld picture it says something about hot linking, and there's nothing at all for the Anniversary picture. :confused:

Danielsun_
8th Dec 2010, 00:11
Indeed I thought it was my pc but I'm on my iPhone and can still only see legend and tomb raider no underworld or anniversary

MissJess
8th Dec 2010, 00:38
Can't see the Anniversary and Underworld pics :(

Pulse
8th Dec 2010, 00:59
I've changed it, so hopefully they are viewable now

hakumen001
8th Dec 2010, 09:01
I liked her in Underworld. Her face needed a few more polys but other than that I loved her. The new one from that scan scares me... I'm not liking it at all. I already thought I didnt like her looks in the concept art, though the technical detail is amazing. Officially worried.

Sam_kain
8th Dec 2010, 11:18
nice graphics, i think LC in the magazine pic looks so awesome, and this is just a scan, imagine how the final game will look like

hiMe
8th Dec 2010, 14:59
I'm only seeing two images here too[minus TOMB RAIDER magazine image]. Oh dude,if you haven't noticed Game Informer is only available to subscribers. It's available to all on the 11/12/10. :P

Here's a true comparison: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2010/12/311ea1048d9d44cca409b0d25b8851f6/340x.jpg

I just noticed young dante and young lara have suprisingly similar noses....hmmm. ROFL sorry.

dark7angel
8th Dec 2010, 15:02
I LOVE Lara's new look!!! The level of realism is fantastic!!!

tombraidergal
8th Dec 2010, 16:00
That is AMAZING.

Sam_kain
8th Dec 2010, 16:24
I'm only seeing two images here too[minus TOMB RAIDER magazine image]. Oh dude,if you haven't noticed Game Informer is only available to subscribers. It's available to all on the 11/12/10. :P

Here's a true comparison: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2010/12/311ea1048d9d44cca409b0d25b8851f6/340x.jpg

I just noticed young dante and young lara have suprisingly similar noses....hmmm. ROFL sorry.

Man this pic is so right :thumb:

Dante's Reboot is like the worst i have ever seen, it is the 1st game to break my heart, i am up for any kind of change, but that !!!, oh God NOOOOOOOOOOOO

On the other hand, Lara looks so awesome, it looks like a reboot with full potential, and the details make it sound to be an amazing experience, after Surviving experiences is the best :thumb:

LARALOVERnr1
8th Dec 2010, 18:26
I don't think that picture really shows the level of the graphics in TR. Remember that it's still in development and that the graphics will probably be a lot better in the finished product.

TRAILERTRAILERTRAILER

@Sam Kain
Agree. lol. I'll probably end up buying it anyway, cuz the trailer looked amazing! :eek:

Sam_kain
8th Dec 2010, 19:01
@Sam Kain
Agree. lol. I'll probably end up buying it anyway, cuz the trailer looked amazing! :eek:

The gameplay -----------> yes
The Story --------------> uhhh, what ?!, wait a sec, okay thought about it, HELL NO :nut:

did you know that the new Dante looks exactly like the creative director :lmao: ?

LARALOVERnr1
8th Dec 2010, 19:20
The gameplay -----------> yes
The Story --------------> uhhh, what ?!, wait a sec, okay thought about it, HELL NO :nut:

did you know that the new Dante looks exactly like the creative director :lmao: ?

Yeah, I've read that. Pretty sad, actually. :rolleyes:

I think they should've kept him blonde, at least. It's not really the emo-look that's bothering me(OK, It's also the emo-look that's bothering me:lol:), but I just can't stand his stupid, black hair! :mad2:

As for the story: I don't know s**t about the story :lol:

I've played Dmc 2,3 and 4 (I believe) with a friend a view times, but I've got no idea what the whole thing is about. I actually got interested in the series after playing Bayonetta(wich was incredibly good :eek:), and since dmc's trailer really reminded me of Bayonetta, I think I'll save some cash for it :)

Denis..
8th Dec 2010, 21:50
yea indeed lara is looking more and more like a real human each year

tombraidergal
8th Dec 2010, 21:54
she looks so realistic and amazing and the detail is just... ung i am going to die for this game. xD

Denis..
8th Dec 2010, 21:58
loool and i thought that i was the nerd with lara..in my neighborhood im famous for my love for tomb raider

Sam_kain
8th Dec 2010, 22:18
Yeah, I've read that. Pretty sad, actually. :rolleyes:

I think they should've kept him blonde, at least. It's not really the emo-look that's bothering me(OK, It's also the emo-look that's bothering me:lol:), but I just can't stand his stupid, black hair! :mad2:

As for the story: I don't know s**t about the story :lol:

I've played Dmc 2,3 and 4 (I believe) with a friend a view times, but I've got no idea what the whole thing is about. I actually got interested in the series after playing Bayonetta(wich was incredibly good :eek:), and since dmc's trailer really reminded me of Bayonetta, I think I'll save some cash for it :)

you mean white :nut:, the black hair is disasters indeed, on Capcom forum someone photoshoped it and turned his black hair into white again, and it was worse:lol:

i see, if you still got DMC you should give it another try, and i can help you with the story if i recall it right :D LOL, Bayonetta is a master piece indeed, but i believe DMC 3 deliver much more intense story, if you want to discuss more about DMC and don't want to get off-topic here, i can msg you with more details about DMC, i really love that game :rolleyes:

josh1122
8th Dec 2010, 22:23
Bayonetta is pretty much at its core a complete copy of DMC. But Bayonetta was just awful,in my opinion. I prefer DMC over Bayonetta and think besides 2(hated DMC 2), the series is pretty good but the reboot looks god awful :(

Sam_kain
9th Dec 2010, 09:28
Bayonetta is pretty much at its core a complete copy of DMC. But Bayonetta was just awful,in my opinion. I prefer DMC over Bayonetta and think besides 2(hated DMC 2), the series is pretty good but the reboot looks god awful :(

you know what josh, i always like rebooting, but DmC it is doing it wrong, i loved Resident Evil Reboot (RE4), also loved Splinter Cell Conviction (not a reboot but kinda), even TR is looking so great and it is just scans, DmC is really f***ed up, the story is about a different Dante who smokes instead of our cool Dante who eat pizza :(

Bayonetta is good on gameplay, yet i couldn't get into the story that much, i still didn't finish it yet, but i will

Dante is always good when you young :D, DMC2 wasn't received well by fans, same with DMC4, yet DMC 3&1 were the best, but this time we will have a bad trip with a young Dante that will make the older Dante 10X better

hiMe
9th Dec 2010, 10:06
Side note: I thought bayonetta was amazing. I love the powress of her character. Lara used to be a tad badass like her. [As in more snappy comebacks] Now it's more like-: Lara: *sexy angry face* rofl >:[

Sam_kain
9th Dec 2010, 14:18
Side note: I thought bayonetta was amazing. I love the powress of her character. Lara used to be a tad badass like her. [As in more snappy comebacks] Now it's more like-: Lara: *sexy angry face* rofl >:[

indeed bayonetta is, the gameplay is so complex and varied, but i am more into God Of War & Castlevania Lords Of Shadow

hiMe
10th Dec 2010, 21:38
I like the theme of God of War. Anything to do with mythology is pretty cool tbh. But it's quite a manly game. Smexxing aphrodite and all. >> rofl

Denis..
18th Dec 2010, 11:50
I like the theme of God of War. Anything to do with mythology is pretty cool tbh. But it's quite a manly game. Smexxing aphrodite and all. >> rofl

dont say that..there are many girls that interested on games and gow3 isn;t an exeption.

because it has cratos? so what?
im gay but i found the plot and story quite interesting and dramatic..how he killed his family and how the gods betraied him..
its a game for both women and men

Jason Miller
18th Dec 2010, 18:15
dont say that..there are many girls that interested on games and gow3 isn;t an exeption.

because it has cratos? so what?
im gay but i found the plot and story quite interesting and dramatic..how he killed his family and how the gods betraied him..
its a game for both women and men

agreed ;D

Fratellis_cool
22nd Dec 2010, 10:04
The Anniversary Link doesn't work...

hiMe
22nd Dec 2010, 11:46
I only said it cos I found it difficult ;~; rofl. Anywhomssss, Polygon count on new Tomb Raider. Winner gets a cookie.

Callum
23rd Dec 2010, 01:18
LEGEND

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2006/099/reviews/926821_20060410_790screen003.jpg

ANNIVERSARY

http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/xbox-360/tomb-raider-anniversary/tomb-raider-anniversary-2.jpg

UNDERWORLD

http://insidermedia.ign.com/insider/image/article/934/934656/head-to-head-tomb-raider-underworld-20081201041147102_640w.jpg

TOMB RAIDER

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/tr_reboot.jpg

Go buy Gameinformer to see more! The detail is phenomenal and the descriptions interesting and terrifying!

Where did you get the TOMB RAIDER screenshot? :scratch::scratch:

aussie500
23rd Dec 2010, 01:45
Where did you get the TOMB RAIDER screenshot? :scratch::scratch:

From the latest issue (Jan 2011) of the Gameinformer magazine, it does sort of say that right below the screenshot.

phantomfox
23rd Dec 2010, 21:58
she looks soo pretty only with the mud on her face.. idk i think she needs a wash.. afterall its an adventure game so its hard to stay clean. :P