PDA

View Full Version : new TR 18+ - your thoughts! | subtopics: Vlad scene + should Lara use vulgar words?

Pages : [1] 2 3

LARALOVERnr1
6th Dec 2010, 15:26
check this out (http://tombraider.com/)
Look at he bottem of the page; it says 18+. This means the new Tomb Raider will contain mature content.

I personally love it. Hope Tomb Raider will finaly get a little more bloody and realistic.

But what are your ideas about it?

Brodie
6th Dec 2010, 15:30
Probably just means more blood, more "horror" and more realistic deaths which is all good in my opinion. :D

jayjay119
6th Dec 2010, 15:44
I'm very keen on more mature themes in the franchise, but not overly gorey. Just realistic. TRU was getting on my last nerve watching Lara slide through spikes and blades like butter in a frying pan!

a_big_house
6th Dec 2010, 17:17
OMG! im locked out of the website! absolutly terrible! im gonna cry!!!

BlackThor
6th Dec 2010, 18:16
check this out (http://tombraider.com/)
Look at he bottem of the page; it says 18+. This means the new Tomb Raider will contain mature content.

I personally love it. Hope Tomb Raider will finaly get a little more bloody and realistic.

But what are your ideas about it?

i just saw the new page, and i saw the new bloody lara. so now i'm really excited to see what they have in store. personally i didn't like the idea when it was first rumored months ago, but now that square soft or what ever they call themselves now is heading production, i feel that it has great potential....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D(excited)

dark7angel
6th Dec 2010, 18:21
I'm all for TR being more mature!!! This game is heading in the right direction!!!

And by the way, I LOVE the new Lara render!!!!!!

Ants_27_
6th Dec 2010, 18:31
I love the fact that it appears to have the Silent Hill vibe and that is something you cannot possibly achieve on a rating lower than 18. In my opinion. :)

I like gritty realism and general life not some fairytale ending, "they all lived happily ever after". I just think 18 brings host to far detailed and darker stories. I always hate when things have to be glossed over to be "okay for teenagers", one thing I admire JK Rowling for, she never really held back with the HP books.

LARALOVERnr1
6th Dec 2010, 19:01
UPDATE: They actually just removed the rating... Take a look, it's not there anymore :confused:

Ants_27_
6th Dec 2010, 19:13
UPDATE: They actually just removed the rating... Take a look, it's not there anymore :confused:

So I'm not going blind after all!:lol:

But actually, if the game is likely no where near being released why would they rate an incomplete game? I suppose it could be some sort of guideline perhaps?

LC is Me
6th Dec 2010, 21:19
I SQUEE'D and idk why.
8D

aussie500
6th Dec 2010, 21:19
If the game is to be any good it should be 18+ anyway, being a long term fan I hate how the ratings have meant the violence and fear factor have to be toned down just to keep a 16+ rating. Better they give up and make the game Crystal Dynamics and the fans want and just accept the 18+ rating. Being rated 18+ is not likely to stop most of the younger fans playing the game anyway.

_Love2Raid_
6th Dec 2010, 21:32
As far as I know this game is going to be totally brutal, lol. I don't expect anything lower than a mature rating. I voted option 3, but I'm 1+3.

angelus0901
6th Dec 2010, 21:34
As far as I know this game is going to be totally brutal, lol. I don't expect anything lower than a mature rating. I voted option 3, but I'm 1+3.

Me too!! ;)

Denis..
6th Dec 2010, 22:39
its time for the old fans to talk and believe me after looking at the 1st 2 screenshots this game isn't for kids..nothing like the childish underworld and cute guardian of light..this game is indeed brutal and realistic from almost every angle..deaths that make u scary as hell and it is a really hard game so the rating is totally right! at last a game that i believe its for the old fans who had lara for dead and not for the kids that underworld was..time for lara to return on the top 10 ..

Pulse
6th Dec 2010, 22:44
Lara may finally be a total Bada$$ like in my dreams.

SQUEE! :D

Denis..
6th Dec 2010, 22:47
exactly pulse and from what i've seen its gonna bring lara back on top but there r still rumours about being only for ps3 but nothing is official yet..

Danielsun_
6th Dec 2010, 23:03
im praying to thor that this knocks uncharted for two, would love to see lara back on form, if the last game (LCGOL) sold well and they took some things aware from that i would say it could do quite well (co-op please :p)

who knows, only just announced, probably not coming out for another 2 years looking forward to finding out more :)

Pulse
7th Dec 2010, 01:22
The website says PS3, 360, and PC...

Also I entered my age as 15 instead of over 18 and now I cant get back in :( it was only an experiment... I'm really sixteen :p

Marluxia15
7th Dec 2010, 03:28
The website says PS3, 360, and PC...

Also I entered my age as 15 instead of over 18 and now I cant get back in :( it was only an experiment... I'm really sixteen :p

To solve this, click on the Tools tab under the Menu Bar, select Delete Browsing History, make sure cookies are selected, close all internet windows and then re-enter your age on the website. Cookies are what block you from trying to get back in.

TrickyVein
7th Dec 2010, 05:51
Tomb Raider II was ultra-violent. How many people did Lara have to kill in that game? Remember falling into spike-pits or getting crushed by walls in China? Or that horrible, twisting, thunking sound your body makes hitting the ground?

Yeesh...

She's a murderer and she steals ancient treasures, and yet somehow that's OK. It'd be more realistic to portray her as more of a bad-ass, more like the character from the original concept art. A real warrior-woman.

josh1122
7th Dec 2010, 09:13
I could careless if it was rated 18+, T or E for everyone. If its a good game,I'll play it regardless of rating.

LARALOVERnr1
7th Dec 2010, 14:51
UPDATE: definately will be 18+. Check Gameinformer's preview. Weird guys that stab her in the chest, hanging corpses and skull-chrushing boulders?

GRUESOME!!!

But I have to say, I like it :)

besides, as Pulse experienced, you can't enter the website if you enter an age below 18.

qwerty
7th Dec 2010, 16:14
guys just try to keep ur brains in ur heads..those are images.however i must admit that i have a good feeling about this

BraveNewGuy
7th Dec 2010, 19:39
TBH I don't care at all , as long as its gonna be better than TR:U Im gonna be happy

chriss_99
7th Dec 2010, 19:52
CD made a wise decision making TR9 M rated! :thumb:

LC is Me
7th Dec 2010, 20:32
Tomb Raider II was ultra-violent. How many people did Lara have to kill in that game? Remember falling into spike-pits or getting crushed by walls in China? Or that horrible, twisting, thunking sound your body makes hitting the ground?

Being crushed by boulders... :whistle:

Denis..
7th Dec 2010, 21:45
indeed chris..at last a real tomb raider

josh1122
7th Dec 2010, 22:29
''at last a real tomb raider''

lol...

Pulse
7th Dec 2010, 22:39
''at last a real tomb raider''

lol...

Maybe "a real tomb raider" wasn't the best choice of words.

maybe we could try:

A TR for people older than 10
A TR that doesn't belong in 1997
A TR that may actually be able to compete with modern franchises
A TR that may redeem Lara Croft
A TR that may make it so TR isn't lame anymore

Any of these hitting the mark for anyone?

josh1122
7th Dec 2010, 22:42

maybe we could try:

first one just sounds like someone trying to think they're cool because they're ''older''

second one should go to ALL TR fans for crying they want the OLD CORE style back

third one yeah its been awhile since TR could even compete

fourth, im not sure theres a way to redeem her exactly

fifth, even with a good game or even amazing, tomb raider is going to seem lame because it all ready has that image set in stone

but heres to hoping this game actually turns out as good as it looks and sets the bar

AdobeArtist
8th Dec 2010, 05:27

maybe we could try:

Or, how about...

The Tomb Raider that rises to the occasion
The Tomb Raider that will elevate Lara Croft
Tomb Raider returns to its triumphant glory

But anyway, I'm hoping the use of the M rating here will be for more than just blood & gore. I'd like to see stronger and more intelligently handled character development for a fully rounded and complex human being. Also to explore the context to the nature of Lara's activities, namely the consequences to her raiding the cultural sites of foreign civilizations, on a really deep & sophisticated level.

hakumen001
8th Dec 2010, 08:18
I'm all for realistic combat, violence, nudity, themes, death, horror etc so the rating is a step in the right direction. If they follow thru and make a great game and make it have replay value this time, they will earn my money again. The last TR I bought was Underworld and that was after not buying a TR since PS2 days none of them interest me after 3 till that title due to the serious tone they took with the character, world and trailer. Laura blowing up her mansion was a "WTF?!" moment and I had to pay attention to TR again. Hopefully this new game will do the same.

naraku
8th Dec 2010, 08:57
I have my reservations about it though, none of it will matter , if all we get with an M rating is lots of desperation, a slap of ugly on Lara, some role playing through a survival horror theme park. *cough* Knott's "Scary" Farm*cough*

This ain't year round Holloween, this is Tomb Raider Damnit!!! Where's the THEFT?!!!!

However I will give CD the benefit of the doubt this time around, since, it would appear they actually have been listening to our debates and all. And IF it turns out to be about the Dragon's triangle plot that I think it is. It might actually be worth every penny. That's my theory anyways:whistle:

hiMe
8th Dec 2010, 15:16
I already get scared easily by Tomb Raider games. Like when a monster pops out from no where. That frickin blows my mind. Heart goes mental. rofl. Which is why I'll probably be playing this one with my bf,so I'll have something to hide behind rofl. Plus I like people watching me play game.

Looks scary, which I don't mind. Since realistic deaths and blood and stuff is cool. Just monsters...or popping out stuff. That's when I have to squint and hide lol. I love it though.

puzzler
8th Dec 2010, 16:12
I love M (mature). Hope, that everything would be more realistic. But Lara shouldn't be like a superhero or something... Just powerful :D
However i beg God (or CD in this case:D) to leave Lara's figure, how she looked like in TR:U. In my opinion she was perfect there :rasp:

kalle90
8th Dec 2010, 16:33
Love it

Tomb Raider was the first somewhat brutal and scary game I ever played. TR1 - Peru:
- Oh crap wolves killed my friend just like that!
- Oh crap the doors closed, I'm trapped!
- Oh crap traps, where can I get out?!
- Oh crap wolves. Good thing I don't have to fight them
- Oh crap I fell down, now I have to fight them. WTF?!! A bear?!!?!
- Oh crap I'm about to drown
- Oh crap skulls everywhere
- Oh crap spikes impaled me just like that with a nasty sound
- Oh crap what are those red monsters?
- And WTF is that earthquake? A T-Rex?!! OMFG!!!

Quite frankly the best location in any game. Not to mention the following hammers, lightings, crocodiles chasing me, falling swords and Midas' hand. The egypt and atlantean levels weren't nearly as good.

That's what TR is about. Not about in-depth stories, merc armies hunting me, tons of high-tech gadgets and allies. It's just me and lost ruins full of danger more worried about my survival than the treasure at the end

But somehow they managed to soften up Anniversary. They tried too much with the T-Rex introduction, there was sunlight and bright colors everywhere, deaths weren't nasty or punishing, there were cutscenes and such much more often, Lara made sure we see her as a badass who is just doing her daily exercise... I really hope they lose all that clutter and focus on the word survival

Denis..
8th Dec 2010, 22:06
Love it

Tomb Raider was the first somewhat brutal and scary game I ever played. TR1 - Peru:
- Oh crap wolves killed my friend just like that!
- Oh crap the doors closed, I'm trapped!
- Oh crap traps, where can I get out?!
- Oh crap wolves. Good thing I don't have to fight them
- Oh crap I fell down, now I have to fight them. WTF?!! A bear?!!?!
- Oh crap I'm about to drown
- Oh crap skulls everywhere
- Oh crap spikes impaled me just like that with a nasty sound
- Oh crap what are those red monsters?
- And WTF is that earthquake? A T-Rex?!! OMFG!!!

Quite frankly the best location in any game. Not to mention the following hammers, lightings, crocodiles chasing me, falling swords and Midas' hand. The egypt and atlantean levels weren't nearly as good.

That's what TR is about. Not about in-depth stories, merc armies hunting me, tons of high-tech gadgets and allies. It's just me and lost ruins full of danger more worried about my survival than the treasure at the end

But somehow they managed to soften up Anniversary. They tried too much with the T-Rex introduction, there was sunlight and bright colors everywhere, deaths weren't nasty or punishing, there were cutscenes and such much more often, Lara made sure we see her as a badass who is just doing her daily exercise... I really hope they lose all that clutter and focus on the word survival

hahahaha funny reactions really..i got some of them as well in tr2

Pulse
8th Dec 2010, 22:51
Or, how about...

The Tomb Raider that rises to the occasion
The Tomb Raider that will elevate Lara Croft
Tomb Raider returns to its triumphant glory

But anyway, I'm hoping the use of the M rating here will be for more than just blood & gore. I'd like to see stronger and more intelligently handled character development for a fully rounded and complex human being. Also to explore the context to the nature of Lara's activities, namely the consequences to her raiding the cultural sites of foreign civilizations, on a really deep & sophisticated level.

I'm not sure what exactly the game will include, though in the OPENING Lara sets herself on fire (it makes more sense if you know more about it), there are hanging corpses, and you have to pull a spike out of Lara's side...

_Love2Raid_
9th Dec 2010, 01:53
I hope I will be too scared to keep playing, lol. I doubt it, but wouldn't that be great? Just like in the good ol' days. :D

hakumen001
9th Dec 2010, 07:49
I've never put TR+scary in the same sentence... Someone expecting horror in TR? Weird. I wouldn't mind horror in TR if done right.

smug
9th Dec 2010, 10:03
I don't care about those age limits. I'm actually 11 and I still play Assassin's Creed? :p

hiMe
9th Dec 2010, 10:13
Imma tell yo mommy that you playing over 18's!

But seriously, I hope you don't buy games like resi evil. Watch out for weirdos kid. Especially on online games. Stick to offline games.

And does this mean your a potential TOMB RAIDER buyer?

AdobeArtist
9th Dec 2010, 12:32
I've never put TR+scary in the same sentence... Someone expecting horror in TR? Weird. I wouldn't mind horror in TR if done right.

Tomb Raider games have always had an undead & supernatural element to them, right from the very first that had mummies. Just that they were never really presented in a genuinely "horror" way. Guess that might change now.

kalle90
9th Dec 2010, 12:53

I'm not talking about RE-style horror horror. It's just that Lara was very vulnerable and small. In new games she's a badass who has seen and done everything. Like I said IMO the Eqypt and Atlantean levels were the worst in original precisely because they were so supernatural (Dinosaurs, Midas Hand and mummies are something I can believe but the weird beasts were too much)

I didn't expect anything when I first started Tomb Raider. It simply felt that the game pushed me in a deadly cave ruin and locked me there. Because I was younger and the storytelling was really sparse the objective of finding the Scion wasn't the main thing in my mind. That same thing happened in every game until AOD which focused too much on scripted story, urban environments and such

I hope that's the approach this new game takes:

- You're shipwrecked on a strange island: Go!

Pyrofer
9th Dec 2010, 13:03
All I can say is, I can't wait.
I can see no way that I won't love this game, especialy if we get some genuine hard thinking puzzles and great environments to explore.
Throw in some realism and a few wet-your-pants surprises and it will be fit to top the charts again.

Its all better than the alternative concept TR9 where she spent the whole game on trial for theft of ancient artifacts and you had to watch constant cut scenes of her lawyer explaining why she would never get off. :p I kid, I kid.

This game will be awesome, My only request is that they develop the PS3 version FOR THE PS3 and dont just port the xbox version. Many games on the PS3 are poor ports from xbox versions and as such end up being slightly worse rather than playing to the PS3's strengths.

All in all, colour me very excited.

Kirsten-Marie
9th Dec 2010, 13:58
I could careless if it was rated 18+, T or E for everyone. If its a good game,I'll play it regardless of rating.

I totally agree! :)

DarthVader#1
11th Dec 2010, 21:57
I'll be 18 by the time it comes out, so I couldn't care less what the rating is as long as I can buy it.

DamianGraham
13th Dec 2010, 21:11
I, for one think this is magnificent! Finally a Tomb Raider game that will be made for a more mature audience, I love that they have stepped out of the formula that kept the series skating on thin ice (I mean, you can only do the same thing so many times before fans begin to get bored) the whole survival horror thing is... amazing :D i so cannot wait for this game, and hopefully a trailer to keep me going for the time being!! what do y'all think?

andrew90
13th Dec 2010, 21:29
I like it too, M rating means the game will be more aggressive and realistic. A great game, this will be:).

Denis..
13th Dec 2010, 22:01
i believe it too! thumbs up for a great game!

tombraidergal
13th Dec 2010, 22:13
i don't mind tbh, but yeah, so long as nothing makes me terrified of playing it ever again. i know i'm (ridiculously) scared of the Jan Mayen Islands level because of how the thralls jump at you and slash you, i always do my best to rush ahead to the wall jump to avoid them at all costs.
if there's anything like that in this, i'll be definitely nervous. xD
AND I'M 15 IN A FEW WEEKS. damn the baby inside of me. ¬_¬

Danielsun_
13th Dec 2010, 22:28
thank you, bloody combat exactly what ive been waiting for :D, hope there isnt the f bomb though, although i doubt it would happen

josh1122
13th Dec 2010, 22:56
I could careless if its Mature. Mature doesn't equal automatic good game

Whatever the rating ends up being officially, if its good, ill play it

Pulse
13th Dec 2010, 23:13
Wasn't there already a thread for this... with a poll and everything?

DamianGraham
13th Dec 2010, 23:19
Wasn't there already a thread for this... with a poll and everything?

Damn.. so there was. oh well. theres another one now :P

DamianGraham
13th Dec 2010, 23:21
I could careless if its Mature. Mature doesn't equal automatic good game

Whatever the rating ends up being officially, if its good, ill play it

honestly i think a mature rating does equal a good game. there are no limitations as to what they can do with it. i mean dont get me wrong i have my fair share of E and T games.. but M games always are in the spotlight, and tend to be better IMO

_Love2Raid_
14th Dec 2010, 01:16
Hey, long time no see! :D

Voted 'neutral'. I wonder how many polls we already have about this. :p

josh1122
14th Dec 2010, 01:32
honestly i think a mature rating does equal a good game. there are no limitations as to what they can do with it. i mean dont get me wrong i have my fair share of E and T games.. but M games always are in the spotlight, and tend to be better IMO

I disagree, look at Super Mario Galaxy 2,New Super Mario Bros. Just two examples

So I disagree 100% that games need to be MATURE for them to be good. I cant fathom how this current generation thinks that,it baffles me

AdobeArtist
14th Dec 2010, 02:14
I hope that the M rating will be more than just blood and brutal deaths. I'm optimistic for mature character development and heightened realism in story content.

josh1122
14th Dec 2010, 02:23
I hope that the M rating will be more than just blood and brutal deaths. I'm optimistic for mature character development and heightened realism in story content.

I hope the whole M rated is related mostly to her situation rather than ''oh hey were cool we added blood and brutal deaths!''. Make her environment terrifying etc

use full advantage of the M rating and create the most F'ed up environment imaginable for Lara. Id prefer they use the M rating that way over ''omfgz i can do blood!''

DamianGraham
14th Dec 2010, 03:05
I disagree, look at Super Mario Galaxy 2,New Super Mario Bros. Just two examples

So I disagree 100% that games need to be MATURE for them to be good. I cant fathom how this current generation thinks that,it baffles me

i didn't say that. i said there are some good E and T games. stop taking things so A) literally and B) personally. from what i've seen, the majority of your posts are always so confrontational. do you always have to be so pugnacious when someone offers an opinion that isn't the same as yours?

AdobeArtist
14th Dec 2010, 04:13
I hope the whole M rated is related mostly to her situation rather than ''oh hey were cool we added blood and brutal deaths!''. Make her environment terrifying etc

use full advantage of the M rating and create the most F'ed up environment imaginable for Lara. Id prefer they use the M rating that way over ''omfgz i can do blood!''

I think we're on the same page. But of course in context, lack of blood would break the realism of her sitution and environmental hazards. Blood alone just won't cut it, but you do need both in tandem.

josh1122
14th Dec 2010, 05:20
i didn't say that. i said there are some good E and T games. stop taking things so A) literally and B) personally. from what i've seen, the majority of your posts are always so confrontational. do you always have to be so pugnacious when someone offers an opinion that isn't the same as yours?

The way you worded it sounded like M = good, no matter what and its always a good game if its rated M,no questions asked. Thats the way it was worded and if that was not your intention then my apologies

but also..

you guys are free to express your opinions and praising this or liking that and I'm also free to express my opinion as well, they just happen to thus far be the opposite of what some people think

Its all about expression of opinions here, people are free to express their own,whether its pro or con against something

Just because someone doesn't have the same opinion on something and has criticisms doesn't make them confrontational, it means they differ in opinion from yourself

@Adobe. I agree

_Love2Raid_
14th Dec 2010, 12:47
It´s not just the brutal deaths. The article described hanging corpses and stuff, freaky stuff. Don´t know if that warrants an M rating on its own, but it sure adds up.

qwerty
14th Dec 2010, 15:04
I hope I will be too scared to keep playing, lol. I doubt it, but wouldn't that be great? Just like in the good ol' days. :D

in the good ol' days u were five dear.anything could scare u.im in for the M and u lot said the rest

_Love2Raid_
14th Dec 2010, 18:54
in the good ol' days u were five dear.anything could scare u.im in for the M and u lot said the rest
Where did you get that idea? I could be your mum.

Ants_27_
14th Dec 2010, 19:07
It´s not just the brutal deaths. The article described hanging corpses and stuff, freaky stuff. Don´t know if that warrants an M rating on its own, but it sure adds up.

But I guess it's going to depend on which country your from. Look at Heavy Rain for example. In most places it was rated 18 (for which I could understand, given it's dark and 'real' like story) but over here (UK) it was granted the rating of 15 without anything watered down or removed.:)

So perhaps in some it'll be 18 and something slightly lower for another?

I suppose it will depend on how graphic they go, if it's Silent Hill standards then I could understand!:lol:

LARALOVERnr1
14th Dec 2010, 19:13
Where did you get that idea? I could be your mum.

Your account says your 25. Qwerty's account says he's 18. So that means that IF you would be his mum, you would've had kids when you where... 7????!!!

Isn't that a bit early to have kids? :p

Danielsun_
14th Dec 2010, 19:36

I hope so, i remember walking around i think it was the second level with the pool in the middle, and the wolves jumped out, absotuley shocked me...that and the T rex made me stop playing for a while, bring back the scariness :D

_Love2Raid_
14th Dec 2010, 23:41
But I guess it's going to depend on which country your from. Look at Heavy Rain for example. In most places it was rated 18 (for which I could understand, given it's dark and 'real' like story) but over here (UK) it was granted the rating of 15 without anything watered down or removed.:)

So perhaps in some it'll be 18 and something slightly lower for another?

I suppose it will depend on how graphic they go, if it's Silent Hill standards then I could understand!:lol:
Hehe, we will just have to wait and see how gorey the game really is. :D

Your account says your 25. Qwerty's account says he's 18. So that means that IF you would be his mum, you would've had kids when you where... 7????!!!

Isn't that a bit early to have kids? :p
I was just joking! :rasp:

I was about 11 when I played the first TR. Sure, I got more easily scared in games than now, but the classic TR's could even make adults crap their pants. Not kidding. There was something about how sudden things happened, unexpected events (traps, enemies etc.). You dropped down a hole with a slope and had no idea where it would lead you, fearing the worst. :D

This is missing from the previous games. There are still videogames being made that make you sit at the edge of your seat, TR can have that again. :)

I hope so, i remember walking around i think it was the second level with the pool in the middle, and the wolves jumped out, absotuley shocked me...that and the T rex made me stop playing for a while, bring back the scariness :D
Exactly. :thumb:

DamianGraham
14th Dec 2010, 23:50
CD made a wise decision making TR9 M rated! :thumb:

wise indeed :D i'm so excited to see where they will take the series! no more "animated blood" this game is gonna have "blood" blood! xD

princess_peach
19th Dec 2010, 18:17
I remember when good atmosphere in tomb raider games meant just a bear was absolutely terrifying to me, didnt need this "survival horror" thing going on, just saying....

RoombelinaUK
19th Dec 2010, 18:47
I remember when good atmosphere in tomb raider games meant just a bear was absolutely terrifying to me, didnt need this "survival horror" thing going on, just saying....

You think we're still living in the 90's? Just be grateful that CD are putting more effort than they ever have into any other game...

LC is Me
19th Dec 2010, 19:11
I remember when good atmosphere in tomb raider games meant just a bear was absolutely terrifying to me, didnt need this "survival horror" thing going on, just saying....Like it's been said, this isn't the 90s where cheap scares = good atmosphere.
Unless it's the bear that was in Condemned, that just doesn't cut it anymore. Just sayin...

tombraider1best
19th Dec 2010, 19:18
hmmm, im not that happy to be honest, i played tomb raider 1, thats what got me into the series, if it was a 18 i wouldnt have played it and most probably wouldnt be a bigg as a fan as i am now. i think it will give less people the opertunity to play it, especially people with strict parents.

Ants_27_
19th Dec 2010, 20:30
hmmm, im not that happy to be honest, i played tomb raider 1, thats what got me into the series, if it was a 18 i wouldnt have played it and most probably wouldnt be a bigg as a fan as i am now. i think it will give less people the opertunity to play it, especially people with strict parents.

Well this is the thing. They are not attempting to give younger players a game like the old TR's did. They want to invite back a lot of the original fans who would've most definitely grown up by now. Like Harry Potter. Those books are my childhood, the first coming out when I was about 8 or 9, thus every year I grew as did the books... of of the great appeals. A lot of the younger lot (like me little sister) don't understand why there's such a big deal surrounding it.

Now you can easily tell that Deathly Hallows isn't aimed at a younger audience like the first was, no it's most likely going to be for the ones who have grown up with it.

I think that is how CD view it at least.:)

Shaman789
19th Dec 2010, 22:27
I lvoe the idea of a mature rating! :D Can't wait to see this game released. :)

AdobeArtist
20th Dec 2010, 04:09
Well this is the thing. They are not attempting to give younger players a game like the old TR's did. They want to invite back a lot of the original fans who would've most definitely grown up by now. Like Harry Potter. Those books are my childhood, the first coming out when I was about 8 or 9, thus every year I grew as did the books... of of the great appeals. A lot of the younger lot (like me little sister) don't understand why there's such a big deal surrounding it.

Now you can easily tell that Deathly Hallows isn't aimed at a younger audience like the first was, no it's most likely going to be for the ones who have grown up with it.

I think that is how CD view it at least.:)

You took the words right out of my mouth, Ants :)

josh1122
20th Dec 2010, 12:03
Like it's been said, this isn't the 90s where cheap scares = good atmosphere.
Unless it's the bear that was in Condemned, that just doesn't cut it anymore. Just sayin...

To be honest. That's all the genre still is in todays market, all this survival horror or just ''horror'' in general is nothing but cheap jump scares. Which is rather pathetic to be honest

I wouldn't see this game as being any different if its going the survival/horror route

AlanqtrMain
20th Dec 2010, 17:00
i just hope they make a good game. and dont go over the top on the gore front.

LC is Me
20th Dec 2010, 20:24
To be honest. That's all the genre still is in todays market, all this survival horror or just ''horror'' in general is nothing but cheap jump scares. Which is rather pathetic to be honest

I wouldn't see this game as being any different if its going the survival/horror route
Well of course your typical, A-list horror games do.
But there are decent games that don't rely on cheap scares like "giant bear pops out of nowhere" and then you're fine. Whether or not you're willing to look for and actually play those is entirely on you though.

josh1122
21st Dec 2010, 02:24
Well of course your typical, A-list horror games do.
But there are decent games that don't rely on cheap scares like "giant bear pops out of nowhere" and then you're fine. Whether or not you're willing to look for and actually play those is entirely on you though.

I disagree. I have yet to find one your refering to

gunshitknife
21st Dec 2010, 08:47
I like the idea of the Mature content. But, to be honest, I'll miss the old Lara. I miss her braid, her figure, her invincibleness....Honestly, I think it's why fans love her. She's what we only wish to be and will never be: Her strength, her resources, her abilities to overcome anything and not get affected by anything, her lack of emotion (weakness) and focused on the task. She doesn't whine, she doesn't seem affected by anything and nothing can stop her....And it's why everyone respects her and fears her. I don't wanna see a vulnerable girl I can relate to. She's not a vulnerable woman, she's a very capable, strong woman who nobody can mess with. Haha That's what I want to see. Tomb Raider's not about survival. Leave it for the Resident Evil franchise. Tomb Raider is about exploring hardcore places, finding answers, strength, ability, skill, perfection. All the things that would frighten anyone in real life and which are also extremely tempting like a siren's song. Yes, I will miss the old Lara and her foxy intelligence....Sigh. And I want the braid back! I miss it! Don't change what made her! Her braid's her trademark, is her main characteristic. When someone sees a video heroine with auburn hair and a braid, that's gotta be Lara Croft! It's what set her apart from all the other heroines. Don't change her into a regular woman, I don't wanna see her blend in the background. I want her to stand out like she always has. Ok, I'm done with my ranting.

gunshitknife
21st Dec 2010, 08:57
And, this is coming from someone who's a die hard Tomb Raider fan, a veteran. hahaha Grew up playing Tomb Raider and still haven't had enough of it. But, like I said, I miss the old Lara Croft.

josh1122
21st Dec 2010, 09:29
I just hope Crystal doesn't pull a peter molyneux and hype up all these features and plans for the new TR game but then not fully deliver on them and failing to meet their expectations they layed out there.

I'm still skeptical on their idea of ''Open World''.

Hopefully it all goes well with the release if not, then its pretty much the end of TR, i feel this reboot is like a last ditch effort to stop the franchise from dying.

Hopefully people ignore the bad name Tomb Raider has had for many many years and play the game(If its fun).

I know a lot of gamers out there today don't play games based on if they're good or not, they base it mostly on brand name, ''oh if its by -insert name- then it must be good'' etc.

Hopefully the game comes out great and people play it for that reason alone.

gunshitknife
21st Dec 2010, 09:44
Yeah, I hope TR doesn't die at all. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and some credit, because, well, they must know what they're doing. A little faith is always great. And I trust they're gonna do a good job.

josh1122
21st Dec 2010, 10:09
Yeah, I hope TR doesn't die at all. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and some credit, because, well, they must know what they're doing. A little faith is always great. And I trust they're gonna do a good job.

Hope so lol.

Even if the game does bad or even good and they decide the drop the series for good, at least we still got all the old games to keep us occupied forever

AdobeArtist
21st Dec 2010, 12:51
I like the idea of the Mature content. But, to be honest, I'll miss the old Lara. I miss her braid, her figure, her invincibleness....Honestly, I think it's why fans love her. She's what we only wish to be and will never be: Her strength, her resources, her abilities to overcome anything and not get affected by anything, her lack of emotion (weakness) and focused on the task. She doesn't whine, she doesn't seem affected by anything and nothing can stop her....And it's why everyone respects her and fears her. I don't wanna see a vulnerable girl I can relate to. She's not a vulnerable woman, she's a very capable, strong woman who nobody can mess with. Haha That's what I want to see. Tomb Raider's not about survival. Leave it for the Resident Evil franchise. Tomb Raider is about exploring hardcore places, finding answers, strength, ability, skill, perfection. All the things that would frighten anyone in real life and which are also extremely tempting like a siren's song. Yes, I will miss the old Lara and her foxy intelligence....Sigh. And I want the braid back! I miss it! Don't change what made her! Her braid's her trademark, is her main characteristic. When someone sees a video heroine with auburn hair and a braid, that's gotta be Lara Croft! It's what set her apart from all the other heroines. Don't change her into a regular woman, I don't wanna see her blend in the background. I want her to stand out like she always has. Ok, I'm done with my ranting.

Wow. I just cannot tell you on how many levels I disagre with this.

First, pining for "the old Lara" is very counter productive. All charater's and series need to evolve to stay relevant to the times, or they stagnate and fade away. The look was a product of limitations of the tech of the times, which at best could only render an idealized illustration of a person, rather than a seemingly real human. But those limitations no longer exist, and Lara's characterization mut no longer be held back by old and sorely outdated standards.

And you actually want an invincible character? Now I don't speak for everybody here, yet I can't help but have this certainty that you're very much alone on this. An invulnerable and "perfect" character is BORING. One who is nver actually in peril no matter the dangers is nobody a viewer or gamer can connect to, and all fictions strive for that audience connection to the protagonist.

What you're doing is removing the element of danger, if she can never be hurt, which eliminates the excitement and thrills of the experince. Most people here WANT to feel for someone who can be injured and could die. That's what makes for a more compelling experience. It isn't that Lara is some superhuman which makes her interesting, it's when you see someone just as vulnerable and mortal as us, who overcomes great adversity at great risk to themselves, which makes them extraordinary.

Personality should also be complex, with emotional vulnerabilities and flaws to counter balance the strengths. Being strong isn't about having no flaws, it's about having them but not letting them hold you back.

The more realistic a charater is, the more they come across as a genuinely believable human being, the stronger the connection to the audience. A basic principle in all mediums of fiction.

And finally the braid... c'mon, that's a purely superficial way of defining anybody. A hair style is the least of what defnes Lara. It's her courage, her determination and charm and wit paired with her beauty and sassiness which define Lara. Not superficial stylings. And really, what woman wears the exact same hair style every day of her life??

dark7angel
21st Dec 2010, 13:55
Wow. I just cannot tell you on how many levels I disagre with this.

First, pining for "the old Lara" is very counter productive. All charater's and series need to evolve to stay relevant to the times, or they stagnate and fade away. The look was a product of limitations of the tech of the times, which at best could only render an idealized illustration of a person, rather than a seemingly real human. But those limitations no longer exist, and Lara's characterization mut no longer be held back by old and sorely outdated standards.

And you actually want an invincible character? Now I don't speak for everybody here, yet I can't help but have this certainty that you're very much alone on this. An invulnerable and "perfect" character is BORING. One who is nver actually in peril no matter the dangers is nobody a viewer or gamer can connect to, and all fictions strive for that audience connection to the protagonist.

What you're doing is removing the element of danger, if she can never be hurt, which eliminates the excitement and thrills of the experince. Most people here WANT to feel for someone who can be injured and could die. That's what makes for a more compelling experience. It isn't that Lara is some superhuman which makes her interesting, it's when you see someone just as vulnerable and mortal as us, who overcomes great adversity at great risk to themselves, which makes them extraordinary.

Personality should also be complex, with emotional vulnerabilities and flaws to counter balance the strengths. Being strong isn't about having no flaws, it's about having them but not letting them hold you back.

The more realistic a charater is, the more they come across as a genuinely believable human being, the stronger the connection to the audience. A basic principle in all mediums of fiction.

And finally the braid... c'mon, that's a purely superficial way of defining anybody. A hair style is the least of what defnes Lara. It's her courage, her determination and charm and wit paired with her beauty and sassiness which define Lara. Not superficial stylings. And really, what woman wears the exact same hair style every day of her life??

I couldn't have said it better myself!!! :thumb:

Red Meat
21st Dec 2010, 14:47
I couldn't have said it better myself!!! :thumb:

Seconded..!

LC is Me
21st Dec 2010, 21:44
So, uh, just so I'm clear, it's official: adobe is officially the spokesperson for people who are pleased with things atm?
Kay. :thumb:

Pulse
21st Dec 2010, 22:27
So, uh, just so I'm clear, it's official: adobe is officially the spokesperson for people who are pleased with things atm?

I second the motion! even though it was more of a statement... but I like to feel included!

AdobeArtist
21st Dec 2010, 22:28

I'm not sure if this is hyperbole, but I did say "I don't speak for everybody".

That being said, you've been around too, and before we got any details of the reboot, you surely must have seen the discussion going around, which leaned to wanting to see a stronger sense of mortality in Lara. I was speaking of what I'd observed these past months, and could safely say a majority of opinions expressed by this community on that matter favored having damage effects on Lara - from running short of breath to the realistic deaths. Many people expressed being tired of the ragdoll deaths.

Basiclly that the perils she experiences should have a tangible sense of consequence to Lara, and through her to the player. When I said I beleive our newcomer here to be alone in his idea of the "superhuman Lara", that was based on seeing what the community stated several times, not just my own speculation of what the rest of us think.

My monologue on character development (personality flaws, weaknesses balaned against strengths, and overall how making a person too powerful makes for bland and uninspiring character development) yeah, that was mostly my perspective and opinion. Though not a randomly made opinion, but formed from principles which are proven to work any media of fiction.

Just look at some of the most successful characters in movies and books and you'll see that principle at work. Peter Parker (Spiderman) for all his extrordinary abilities still has limitations. He can be hurt by foes more powerful than himself, so every time he pust on the costum, he's putting himself at risk. But more importantly he deals with all the issues many of us experience - confidence issues from negative dating experiences, feelings of inadequecy, isolation while wanting to be accepted by his peers, the pressure of all the conflicting responsibility on his shoulders between friends and being spiderman.... the list goes on.

While I do strongly express my opinions, I'm not trying to be an official spokesman for anybody else :):)

Danielsun_
21st Dec 2010, 23:02
While I do strongly express my opinions, I'm not trying to be an official spokesman for anybody else :):)

i dont think you have a choice :p, whilst most of us feel the same way as you do, when the people who start flamming come online, most of us cannot be bothered to type as well as you do ;)

my typing is pretty bad at this point purely because im so tired but what im trying to say is that you are pretty awesome dude ;)

dark7angel
21st Dec 2010, 23:10
i dont think you have a choice :p, whilst most of us feel the same way as you do, when the people who start flamming come online, most of us cannot be bothered to type as well as you do ;)

my typing is pretty bad at this point purely because im so tired but what im trying to say is that you are pretty awesome dude ;)

I agree with Danielsun!

I consider myself quite capable when it comes to speak/write in english (my first language is portuguese!) but sometimes I just lack the words to express myself!

That being sad, I find myself agreeing with adobeARTIST most of the time and you always make valid arguments instead of just ranting!!! So yeah, you're awesome! :cool:

AdobeArtist
21st Dec 2010, 23:17
And now I'm blushing. The only reason I can respond is because it's by typing. My tongue is quite disabled at the moment :lol::nut:

Danielsun_
21st Dec 2010, 23:20
your typing does you well adobe keep at it :)

and hi dark7angel not spoken to you in a while :)

dark7angel
21st Dec 2010, 23:24
your typing does you well adobe keep at it :)

and hi dark7angel not spoken to you in a while :)

Hi Daniel!!! :)
Indeed, it has been a while! What's up???

Danielsun_
21st Dec 2010, 23:27
Hi Daniel!!! :)
Indeed, it has been a while! What's up???

not much, ive not been putting as much into the forums lately, been so busy, gym, halo and work :p how have you been? much happened lately?

dark7angel
21st Dec 2010, 23:31
not much, ive not been putting as much into the forums lately, been so busy, gym, halo and work :p how have you been? much happened lately?

I'm good, thanks for asking! :)
Not much happening, just college taking most of my time!!! Now I have couple of weeks free for the holidays!!! :D

Danielsun_
21st Dec 2010, 23:43
I'm good, thanks for asking! :)
Not much happening, just college taking most of my time!!! Now I have couple of weeks free for the holidays!!! :D

aha, good old college, i envy you you get a couple of weeks, us working folks get 4 days :p

josh1122
21st Dec 2010, 23:54
I don't agree with Adobe on a lot of things BUT at least Adobe is one of the rare ones on these forums that actually knows common sense

thumbs up! lol

LC is Me
22nd Dec 2010, 01:04
I'm not sure if this is hyperbole, but I did say "I don't speak for everybody".

That being said, you've been around too, and before we got any details of the reboot, you surely must have seen the discussion going around, which leaned to wanting to see a stronger sense of mortality in Lara. I was speaking of what I'd observed these past months, and could safely say a majority of opinions expressed by this community on that matter favored having damage effects on Lara - from running short of breath to the realistic deaths. Many people expressed being tired of the ragdoll deaths.

Basiclly that the perils she experiences should have a tangible sense of consequence to Lara, and through her to the player. When I said I beleive our newcomer here to be alone in his idea of the "superhuman Lara", that was based on seeing what the community stated several times, not just my own speculation of what the rest of us think.

My monologue on character development (personality flaws, weaknesses balaned against strengths, and overall how making a person too powerful makes for bland and uninspiring character development) yeah, that was mostly my perspective and opinion. Though not a randomly made opinion, but formed from principles which are proven to work any media of fiction.

Just look at some of the most successful characters in movies and books and you'll see that principle at work. Peter Parker (Spiderman) for all his extrordinary abilities still has limitations. He can be hurt by foes more powerful than himself, so every time he pust on the costum, he's putting himself at risk. But more importantly he deals with all the issues many of us experience - confidence issues from negative dating experiences, feelings of inadequecy, isolation while wanting to be accepted by his peers, the pressure of all the conflicting responsibility on his shoulders between friends and being spiderman.... the list goes on.

HEY, Calm down, Charlie Brown.

Every time I come to respond to a post, you say everything I had in mind.
Like....ALWAYS. I don't get it. So...in a way, you're saying what a big portion of us are thinking. And you are better at explaining those ideas. I'm not saying you answer for us, but I am saying you answer for us.
Get me?

AdobeArtist
22nd Dec 2010, 02:33
HEY, Calm down, Charlie Brown.

Every time I come to respond to a post, you say everything I had in mind.
Like....ALWAYS. I don't get it. So...in a way, you're saying what a big portion of us are thinking. And you are better at explaining those ideas. I'm not saying you answer for us, but I am saying you answer for us.
Get me?

I understand. I speak for the Collective. We are one voice. One mind. All posts and ideas will be assimilated. Resistance to the new Lara is futile. The M rating's dominion over all gamer's conciousness will commence.

:naughty::group_hug::p

Fratellis_cool
22nd Dec 2010, 10:01
Just lie about your age! Say your 18 :-P

Alex Ivey
22nd Dec 2010, 10:14
I understand. I speak for the Collective. We are one voice. One mind. All posts and ideas will be assimilated. Resistance to the new Lara is futile. The M rating's dominion over all gamer's conciousness will commence.

Everyone, it's true! I was assimilated by the new Lara as wel.... :confused:.... We are Tomb Raiders. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Danielsun_
22nd Dec 2010, 14:24

Lower your shields and surrender tour weapons :D Aaah I love this community soo totally going to get involved come Monday a day off
I have :D

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
25th Dec 2010, 04:04
i've seen the scans from game informer, and i truly am stoked about this reboot.
i think that with a new age and a new look should come a new rating. i really can't wait for this game.
it looks amazing :gamer:

BritCroft
26th Dec 2010, 03:10
M rating? Intense gore and violence? Coarse language? BRING IT ON, BABY!

Not to sound like a physco, but I love gore and violence in my video games. It runs in the family, my dad just got black ops for christmas. I love roasting people with a flamethrower and stuff like that, and I absolutely hate lara bouncing like a rubber ball.

Hoodedclaw
8th Jan 2011, 19:19
I'm cool 4 a more scariar tomb raider but i hope all the future one's arent the same but lets hope we all love it.

All the younger fans will still probably play it because there addicted 2 it but im 17 and ill play. x

Raider126
8th Jan 2011, 22:12
At first I was slightly scared that it might not work but I'm really looking forward to it now. The same thing happened with LCGOL, at first some people were like "multiplayer might not work" and then when we actually got our hands on it we were "this is actually awesome"

Flintmelody
10th Jan 2011, 04:06
TR had lost it's fear and all the fades to black meant you didn't really care about Lara's safety as much. Some real darkness to the story is something that has been missing since AOD but can definately appear again here in a good way. Think the M-rating will allow us to get more into Lara's world in a way we havn't seen since the Core games.

Even TR1 had the shreek and TR2/3 the spike wall impale and you feel awful when that happens but it does enhance the game. Whilst I definately want Lara to keep the classic Lara looks, abilities and attitude that are at the boundaries of what genetics and life could produce. I also want to have the real consequences when Lara makes a misjudgement like blood and bone cracking. Hopefully will make us care more where we take Lara or the angles of jumps etc.

Rios
10th Jan 2011, 04:10
If it helps make the game gritty and intense then I'm all for it. If its done right it might just be the thing the series need to really boost it into that upper level of awesome games. We'll have to see.

Silvermoth
12th Jan 2011, 10:38
I think it's looking great so far. No qualms at all! As long as Lara isn't all grimdark and we get some lovely exotic settings and exciting tombs then everything is just dandy!

Kami
13th Jan 2011, 18:09
Depends on what content makes it mature.

If its all about blood and gore so that it sells more as one of those serious mainstream mature games, I don't like it.

SE_Cath
13th Jan 2011, 21:18
Well, when you think about it, the first TR deaths were pretty gor-ish. One of the very reasons that made the first TRs so scarier were the awful and violent death scenes. Lara was burnt, impaled, broke her bones. Occasionally, you would try each of those on Lara (who hasn't ?) but most of the time, you would try like hell to avoid death. On the other hand, when those scenes are fade out, like they are for rated-T games, it doesn't seem to be such a big deal. So, in my opinion, it's better to have rather graphic violent deaths to make the player care more about them.

Besides I'm sure some of us are looking forward to trying those scenes ... again :D

So, yes, I voted 'I love it'

MauricioAnher
14th Jan 2011, 02:39
LIKE x10000000000!! I hope we can see more bloody things... & realistic survivor move!

Sorceress Seren
15th Jan 2011, 06:31
God knows what will be mature. I just hope it's good >:D

Danielsun_
15th Jan 2011, 11:43
God knows what will be mature. I just hope it's good >:D

Most likely the dark theme, maybe the language but not the F bomb and more than likely the violence and gore. I highly doubt that sex would make it into the game because that could potentially kill the mood/theme

lehob
16th Jan 2011, 15:58
Do we have an expected Release date for the said new title or a rouge idea
Thankyou

Elliot Kane
17th Jan 2011, 14:00
Depends on the content, as far as I'm concerned. 'Adult' can mean anything from a mature, nuanced story well told but involving things that might not be kid-friendly all the way down to 'kewl' ultra-violence and gratuitous nudity for the sake of it. A truly adult TR, I like. The other end of the scale, not so much...

JadenXI
22nd Jan 2011, 02:09
Uh, here's a better question, WHY EVER MAKE A GAME WITH A RATING LOWER THAN M?

And here's another question, think of all the good non-M rated games(There aren't many), now think of them if they were M rated, and how much more amazingly awesome they would be!

Mario making a goomba explode in a violent fireball while he flips him the bird. Link decapitating Ganon with his heart still squirting blood through his neck-stump, and then proceeding to grind Zelda while disco music plays in the background.

All an "M" rating means is that the developer is free to express themselves or make the game more REALISTIC and IMMERSIVE. Oh yeah Zelda is totally cool and realistic when you slash someone across but they just poof into magic smoke.

IDIOTS argue that violent videogames make violent children, NOT SO! Non-Violent videogames that DISTORT REALITY make for tragedy! How dumb will you feel when your 12 year old, who you only let play T and below rated games, stabs his sister and says he just wanted the coins?

If you couldn't tell, I voted for M rating!

Cristiavano
25th Jan 2011, 04:57
LOVE it tho im only 1+4 anyway all tomb raider games make me scream i actually do get adrenaline and my heart starts thumping even tho i already played a level. Anyway will lara live if she stabs her chest with spikes i want lara to drag on the ground with a hole in her stomach while slowly dying with blood...

bond22007
1st Feb 2011, 01:38
thank you, bloody combat exactly what ive been waiting for :D, hope there isnt the f bomb though, although i doubt it would happen

I know exactly how you feel take the splinter cell series :
Splinter cell Conviction has more Fbombs than you can shake a stick at while previous entries did not have any at all.

For the Tomb Raider reboot I am hoping language wise that it will at the most be like the Uncharted series. (No F-bombs so far anyway)

I am all for a Gritty realistic Tomb Raider but please don't add F-bombs or Nudity Eidos

Neily
3rd Feb 2011, 20:39
So when will it be released ?

SE_Cath
3rd Feb 2011, 21:18
No one knows yet. A few magazines have talked about November/end of 2011.

Lukass
5th Feb 2011, 23:46
love it :jmp:

Ranger275
6th Feb 2011, 04:53
Take a look at your best games. I did and 90% of them are M rated. As a matter of fact. The last T game i bought was TRU. So my vote is for a M rating but it will not stop me from buy it. Its Tomb Raider Duh!

Eleana
6th Feb 2011, 05:15
This game is gonna be killer!!! I loved every game when I was younger and this one feels like its gonna be the best of them all. The diehard fans are really gonna love it and I'm sure this new adventure and new game play will defiantly attract tons of new players as well! It would be amazing if they added some kind of co-op mode too. Hmm.. so many possibilities :) I can't wait!

sok27
7th Feb 2011, 18:45
thanks everyone great responses we appreciate it...we think the M rating is good also, it will give the game that survival action feeling we are striving for...

Cheers

Scott :)

mr croft lopez
8th Feb 2011, 14:49
Bring on the blood, gore, horror. If she falls on spikes i would like to see some guts POP. If she shoots bear/wolves then lets see some blood squirt through those bullet holes.
I own every tr game and while i'm happy, i would be super excited happy if they did do a M rated game.
Rear bumper views are always welcome :)

RosePetals
13th Feb 2011, 15:43
I think it's okay to put it up on an 18+ rating, since most of Lara's hardcore fans are already in their 20's and 30's already. They had to make it appealing to the marketing age group anyway, so, yeah, I guess it's about time they did this. :D

I've been a fan of TR since the first one came out (I was 7 then), and it's so sad to think that most kids today don't even know what Tomb Raider is. :(

But anyway, as long as the gameplay, graphics, and overall awesomeness is better then Underworld, then I'm happy. ;)

Ants_27_
13th Feb 2011, 21:18
I think it's okay to put it up on an 18+ rating, since most of Lara's hardcore fans are already in their 20's and 30's already. They had to make it appealing to the marketing age group anyway, so, yeah, I guess it's about time they did this. :D

Exactly, I like to have things you have the ability to grow up with. Examples:

Toy Story
Harry Potter (more so this).

Each Potter book wasn't aimed at the same age group, it was (you could say) aimed at those who read the first book thus each book darkened and became more complex as the reader did so.

Toy Story, I was what about 3 when it came out and I vaguely loving the film to bits. The second as well. I was what 18 when number 3 came out and it wasn't exactly as 'kiddy' as the previous two had been.

Long story short, Tomb Raider should have gotten older with the fans that made it as popular as it was.

Christie Luv
17th Feb 2011, 07:57
Not so excited about having more graphic gore, but nor am I less excited because I'll love the game anyway. I don't really do it for the gore, or horror. I do it for the mystery, exploration of neat ancient fake places, and look smoking while I'm at it. Though I hope they use the mature content as an excuse to get more sexy. ^_~

Ahmad Baghdadi
17th Feb 2011, 16:39
good , it will be more realistic
i wont mind if it contained violence, gore or a lot of blood , but i'll mind if it contained nudity or sexual themes , cuz i don't love "slutty" lara but i love the adventurous , intelligent and open-minded Lara.
i guess it will be improper and it will be a bad decision to make it nude .
as i said before i wont mind if the game contained blood and gore cuz it makes it more realistic and entertaining .
please (tomb raider administration conceder my opinion )

Christie Luv
17th Feb 2011, 19:30
I don't see how people think violence is okay, but sex needs to be shunned. I know sex can be harmful if it is not done in a responsible way, like getting STD's or unplanned pregnancies, but violence by definition is harmful. It can be hundred times more harmful. When people say sex is evil but bring on the violence it seems quite silly to me. Sex is a natural wonderful part of the human body. It can be amazing if done in a responsible way. So when a game is rated mature why not? I'm not saying make it porn, but I'm not saying make her a nun either.

LC is Me
17th Feb 2011, 20:37
M rating =/= Sex

I'm not denying some M-rated games have elements of sex, but just because a game in pre-prod. gets tagged with an M-rating doesn't mean it's getting racy.

Whether you mind or not.

Christie Luv
17th Feb 2011, 20:46
Yes it doesn't automatically mean the game is going to have sexual content. It can mean it will either have intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. Sexual content is still in the list of things it can have though.

Ants_27_
17th Feb 2011, 20:57
Yes it doesn't automatically mean the game is going to have sexual content. It can mean it will either have intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language. Sexual content is still in the list of things it can have though.

If anything, if I get the faintest hint they are using the M rating to add more sexiness then I ain't buying. Sounds odd coming from a bloke I suppose but I've always been told (and found) almost everything that has to use 'sex' or include more 'sexiness' is just trying to divert people from the shockingly poor foundations.

But yeah, M rating opens many doors not just gore and sexual content.:)

Ahmad Baghdadi
17th Feb 2011, 20:59
people , i didn't say anything about sex but i see that tomb raider and nudity don't mix.
and of course (M) doesn't mean that the game will have sexual content , for example Resident evil 5 game is rated as M +17 and it doesn't contain any sexual content .

i guess you have to be smart about these contents thats why they made it to matures , cuz matures should be able to control their behavior when they see these contents .

i said i don't mind if it contained violence not because i support it, but because seeing violence in a game and knowing that its not happening to a real human doesn't bother me . thats all

Christie Luv
17th Feb 2011, 21:10
people , i didn't say anything about sex but i see that tomb raider and nudity don't mix.

Well you said sexual themes, but if that's not what you meant that's alright, no prob. It may be inevitable the people will hack the game to give her a nude outfit though, just like the past games. *lol* If they are over 18, and it is their game that's their business as far as I'm concerned.

If anything, if I get the faintest hint they are using the M rating to add more sexiness then I ain't buying. Sounds odd coming from a bloke I suppose but I've always been told (and found) almost everything that has to use 'sex' or include more 'sexiness' is just trying to divert people from the shockingly poor foundations.

But yeah, M rating opens many doors not just gore and sexual content.:)

Stories can have a creative storyline, and contain sexual content at the same time. I don't see why they can't mix. It's your choice to buy it or not though.

Ants_27_
17th Feb 2011, 21:21
Stories can have a creative storyline, and contain sexual content at the same time. I don't see why they can't mix. It's your choice to buy it or not though.

This is true I suppose though for me it depends more so if its done tastefully. Having a character dress in lets say a biki and run around... that's tacky... I doubt it'll get to that level mind but thats the way I view the idea of added sexual stuff. Thats the kind of thing I was trying to get at but I just didn't write it too well and think I forgot what I wanted to say half way through.

But I still never understand why it's needed in the first place. But I think I'm still meaning in the case of a game like Bayonetta or something.

Christie Luv
17th Feb 2011, 21:58
Yeah the bikini has kind of been done, it is kind of tacky to me too, maybe they can make something more originally fashionable, and still sexy, but also some people like bikinis though, it can be a matter of personal tastes. I wouldn't say making things more sexy is needed, but I think it would much the game better, and more fun. Sex is a natural part of the human body that brings pleasure to everyone. Without the pleasure of sex we probably wouldn't be here. If our ancestors didn't evolve to have the pleasure sex brings they'd be like "I have to do what to who, to make a what????" and our species would become extinct. Anyway, I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of, and it's in fact something amazing as long as it's done responsibly.

LC is Me
17th Feb 2011, 23:48
Sexual content is still in the list of things it can have though.
Not in this particular game I don't think so.
Where would Lara find the time to have sex on a deserted Japanese island where apparently she is supposed to be fending for her life?
I feel people are just SEEKING sex from this game. When all else fails, let things flail....

I don't think so.
Besides...I think it's a little weird...sex and video games and a desire to see sex in video games...Why not just....enjoy the real LIFE thing? *is trying not to stray too far from appropriateness*

EDIT: inb4 "potential interest in mysterious male character"
Because Lara would let him...when she just...ahhh, what the hell...

@Ahmad: My comment was more directed towards Christie, but even so...
Y'know....
Yeah >.>

Christie Luv
18th Feb 2011, 00:14
A story is a story, it's what we make it. That's the fun of playing and imagining up these things. If I wanted absolute realism I'd forget about it and do things in the real world. (I do by the way, this is just a fun thing I like on the side.) If we wanted to we could make it to where she is temporarily in a situation where she is not incredibly worried about the danger going on. Lara is intelligent, and has the heart of an adventurer so in that way she wouldn't let danger bother her too much. I'm not saying there should be a sex scene, because I'm pretty sure even though it's rated mature some kids are going to not care and play it anyway. I don't think there should really be graphic violence either because of that. However maybe there could be some romance, or she could dress in sexy outfits, or something like that. I also wish there was more humor involved in the game, and times when Lara is smiling or laughing. I mean that with the past games too. I loved them but I also think she was a little too serious. Remember this is a time when Lara is overcoming a lot but also discovering her love for raiding tombs. So I'm sure there would also be many moments that she loves.

AdobeArtist
18th Feb 2011, 04:20
I'm completely with Christie Luv on this. Namely that sex isn't a shameful thing at all. I would word it more along the lines; "sex is a natural and wonderful part of the human experience".

And usually what gives it a proper place in stories, what seperates tasteful crafting from obvious gratuitous ploys, is CONTEXT. When the story is driven by character development, that people form deep and meaningful connections, there can be no fault in having sexual themes presented. Do note how I phrased that. Not sex per-se, but sexual themes. Meaning it doesn't have to be explicitely portrayed, but depicted in more subtle ways that the audience understands that the characters are feeling a mutual attraction.

While an M rating can introduce sexual themes to the story, that does not mean pornography or explicit sex scenes. The context is what puts the mature in the M rating. I notice a lot here, that when this topic is brought up, most people just focus on the imagery and never the context that may be behind it. Go figure :rolleyes:

As for sexiness as far as it pertains to presentation, I never had a problem with Lara in a bikini. I mean it was never implemented as part of the level costume options, just to cruise around in the mansion. Why wouldn't a beautiful woman who has her own pool relaxe in a bikini during her down time? :D Of course I don't expect bikinis to make a comeback in this incarnation of the series.

That said, what I dearly hope makes a return in the next games, after Lara returns to civilization and reclaims her estate, is the glamorous evening gowns. Oh sure, it can certainly be said to be very sexy, but there's much much more to it than that.

Lara in a dress, like in Legend and the Opera House added a new layer to her personality. Not only is she a rugged outdoorsy person, but can also be elegant and sophisticated. And I think this is very important, it's part of her cultured aristocratic background. In Legend when Lara is attending a high society party in a luxurious penthouse, the evening dress is perfectly suitable to the context of the scenariao. It depicts a classy and intelligent lady who knows how to acclamate to her surroundings.

Lara doesn't have to choose one lifestyle over the other, she can be both, because they are both a part of her life. When she endured the tragedy that forged her into the adventurer we know her to be, it didn't mean she had to discard her heritage, but rather that it added to what she already had going for her. It's this integration of two worlds that creates the unique identity of Lara, and I hope hope HOPE this one aspect isn't sacrificed in the name of reinvention.

Ahmad Baghdadi
18th Feb 2011, 05:57
Sex is a natural part of the human body that brings pleasure to everyone. Without the pleasure of sex we probably wouldn't be here..

Christie please stop talking about sex in general nobody denies what you're saying .
i say that Lara wont even have time to have sex in this island , she'll have to fight for her life , she'll also find her own food and water (cuz they are essential to life) .
in her situation violence can't be eliminated ! didn't you see the screenshots !

@LC is me : whatever !, but thank u any way for supporting my opinion .

AdobeArtist
18th Feb 2011, 07:39
Christie please stop talking about sex in general nobody denies what you're saying .
i say that Lara wont even have time to have sex in this island , she'll have to fight for her life , she'll also find her own food and water (cuz they are essential to life) .
in her situation violence can't be eliminated ! didn't you see the screenshots !

@LC is me : whatever !, but thank u any way for supporting my opinion .

I don't think anybody is actually arguing about sex being in this game, which focused on its survival theme where Lara is afforded no luxuries. Wouldn't make sense in the given context basically.

The discussion is more about how the M rating will encompass sex, violence, and any other content in the general direction the series could possibly take from this point on after the reboot.

Christie Luv
18th Feb 2011, 08:50
Yes I totally agree with Adobe Artist, thank you! I don't mean showing actual sex. There is a difference between being sexy, and a sex scene. I don't find anything wrong with either if they are done in a responsible way, but a Tomb Raider game where many children (who are rating ignoring hooligans ^_~) may be playing it, I think the best route to go is to just be sexy. I don't expect her to be like crawling in hunger towards food up a mountain fighting bad guys and then suddenly break out in a bikini *lol* but still, a story is only limited by how creative you want to get with it.

In any case I realize they may have already come out with the whole story line. I'm not sure, or if they are even listening to people on this forum, but I'm just casually chatting about what I think would make any Tomb Raider more fun.

Why wouldn't a beautiful woman who has her own pool relaxe in a bikini during her down time?

That's, a very good question :D

LC is Me
19th Feb 2011, 06:47
I'm not even going to bother anymore...
I'm just going to annoy myself even further....

Pulse
20th Feb 2011, 02:45
I don't see how she's going to be having sex... When she's running around desperate for her life I'm not seeing a way for her to just have relations with some guy (edited for childrens).

AdobeArtist
20th Feb 2011, 18:02
And once again, the M rating doesn't just pertain to this game alone, but the direction the series will take from this new starting point. Sexuality will definitely not be a factor in this game, the context doesn't afford it. That much is agreed on by everyone.

But can it become relevant in future titles after Lara returns to civilization? Not saying it will with any certainty, but it is a possibility that can't be discounted.

Also to clarify again, sexuality doesn't mean explicit sex scenes or just the act of sex itself, but can refer simply to the nature of human relationships, ranging from temporary encounters to intimate and deeply personal connections. As well as the imagery of sexiness in appearance, presentation, and attitude.

Sexuality in its various forms doesn't need to be... should not be demonized. There's nothing wrong with it in and of itself, and when done right can serve a purpuse towards character development. And that's the foundation of good story which plays more and more an integral role in modern games.

Pulse
21st Feb 2011, 23:13
^I know, and I would be completely unfazed if there was an implied sex scene or one that kept it classy. I'm just not seeing where it would fit it, but then again I know next to nothing about the game like the rest of the fans.

larafan25
22nd Feb 2011, 00:54
^Well, these Scavengers could want Lara for reproduction purposes. :/

Pulse
23rd Feb 2011, 00:21
Yeah, a rape scene would be highly disturbing. Unless ya know Lara killed them while they were attempting but still... a little bit shocking and such.

Christie Luv
23rd Feb 2011, 19:09
There is a screenshot for the new game with Lara in a room with someone tied up passed out with a tied up skeleton right next to her, looking like some freaky tribal ritual went on with some torture. So I don't think the writers mind being disturbing. *lol* I'm with you I wouldn't want to see some raping goons either, but in the same way I wouldn't want to see that. I just think it's silly how people have become so jaded by violence in video games, but freak out when there is sex in them. Violence can be countless times more harmful depending on what it is.

(Edit)

I also wanted to added that I don't really mind having violence in a video games as long as it is about overcoming challenges, and that message is clear in the game, but of coarse in real life shooting people isn't the best solution to overcoming challenges. That's why it is important to realize this is fiction, but I also realize somebody could use the same argument for adding raping goons in a game. They could say it is about over coming challenges, and that is a part of the challenge.

Charlie.T.Raider
24th Feb 2011, 02:20
I love to see proper deaths again rather than just black or a silly fall. Thumbs up on the M-rating

Angy1996
4th Mar 2011, 14:09
i think that the game will be very nice anyway!! i'm only 14 but the more mature content would be great (if its only horror,blood and stuff)!! i just don't get why u did not like tru! it was ok (even though i had it on ps2)

phatpantz
13th May 2011, 12:35
A mature rating probable means explicit gore and violence. I hope CR don't include any Lara sex scenes. In the Tomb Raider comics Lara's relationships are brief and shallow and don't help the story one bit as her 'partners' usually end up dead, anyway.

I want TR to remain loyal to its core. That is, great gameplay, clever levels, challenging puzzles and lots of secrets figured out by a sexy gal who is strong enough to drag a 2 tonne block of stone.

phatpantz
13th May 2011, 12:36
New Player

i think that the game will be very nice anyway!! i'm only 14 but the more mature content would be great (if its only horror,blood and stuff)!! i just don't get why u did not like tru! it was ok (even though i had it on ps2)

I agree. I liked TRU as well. Great game.

LARALOVERnr1
13th May 2011, 14:17
New Player

I agree. I liked TRU as well. Great game.

XD

You can also use the 'Quote'-button when you want to reply to someone :)

AdobeArtist
15th May 2011, 02:09
A mature rating probable means explicit gore and violence. I hope CR don't include any Lara sex scenes. In the Tomb Raider comics Lara's relationships are brief and shallow and don't help the story one bit as her 'partners' usually end up dead, anyway.

I want TR to remain loyal to its core. That is, great gameplay, clever levels, challenging puzzles and lots of secrets figured out by a sexy gal who is strong enough to drag a 2 tonne block of stone.

Just because a relationship is brief makes it no less significant. Every encounter, every moment of human connection is still just as revealing of what substance lies beneath the surface of a person. What ever gives us a glimpse of the facets of someones personality during the in-between moments, and most especially their most private and intimate details, is what most effectively advances character development.

Ahmad Baghdadi
19th May 2011, 15:23
^I know, and I would be completely unfazed if there was an implied sex scene or one that kept it classy. I'm just not seeing where it would fit it, but then again I know next to nothing about the game like the rest of the fans.

I agree

mrskurtistrent
2nd Jun 2011, 21:58
haha its tomb raider, i will play it. I put i could care less xD Even though i stil have my doubts about the reboot, i gotta play it before making any assumptions! (going to be hard)

I will not judge a book by its cover!!

nonprofitkilla
18th Jan 2012, 21:35
I've heard that this Tomb Raider might be the first one to be rated M. Any clue if this is true, and if so what do you guys think about it?

If it's done right, could be good

Driber
18th Jan 2012, 21:48
I just moved your question to an already existing thread we had about this topic, nonprofitkilla

So I guess the first part of your question is now answered, hehe :D

xXTombRaiderXx
18th Jan 2012, 22:26
im glad it is mature tbh , because then well have more details when killing things (like blood) and a lot of others and it gives lara a new step in gaming , she is going higher now reaching for things with bloody scenes , maybe some horror maybe some swear words in there, im glad the age rate has gone higher when people gonna look at the game when they go around shops there going to want it , to see what the new lara like and why they had made the game a 18+ a lot of people are going to be very interested in this game.

d1n0_xD
19th Jan 2012, 09:30
^ Swearing and gore isn't what defines mature games... It's primarily used to tell a darker story. Take Bioshock 1 and 2 for instance, I think that game wouldn't be half as good if it was rated, I don't know, Teen... I mean, if you can find a bottle of alcohol in a game, it's a big deal. What I'm saying is, you can include stuff in a game, like alcohol and drug reference, comic mischief, violence in general, anything that reflects real life. Of course, swearing and gore is part of that too, but that isn't what really matters, IMO ;)

xXTombRaiderXx
19th Jan 2012, 18:45
^ Swearing and gore isn't what defines mature games... It's primarily used to tell a darker story. Take Bioshock 1 and 2 for instance, I think that game wouldn't be half as good if it was rated, I don't know, Teen... I mean, if you can find a bottle of alcohol in a game, it's a big deal. What I'm saying is, you can include stuff in a game, like alcohol and drug reference, comic mischief, violence in general, anything that reflects real life. Of course, swearing and gore is part of that too, but that isn't what really matters, IMO ;)i get what you mean :D but in my point of view that what i think that will be included in this game , i doubt you will see lara taking drugs and drinking alcohol :P

LadyRufina
19th Jan 2012, 19:16
^ Swearing and gore isn't what defines mature games... It's primarily used to tell a darker story. Take Bioshock 1 and 2 for instance, I think that game wouldn't be half as good if it was rated, I don't know, Teen... I mean, if you can find a bottle of alcohol in a game, it's a big deal. What I'm saying is, you can include stuff in a game, like alcohol and drug reference, comic mischief, violence in general, anything that reflects real life. Of course, swearing and gore is part of that too, but that isn't what really matters, IMO ;)

Here here!

KatyaCooper
19th Jan 2012, 20:01
I personally don't care if it's 18+ or not. [I'm just glad I'm 18 now. Then again, they lifted M ratings around here. Little ten-year-olds can buy M rated games no problem. ._. ]
I think it'll be a fantastic game with what we've seen so far! If that means getting gorier, by all means, do it! It will most likely benefit the game because then it would be more realistic, and probably even more beautiful. (: At first I was hesitant with the new Lara and design, but after seeing all that Square Enix is doing, I'm beyond excited!

d1n0_xD
20th Jan 2012, 12:52
i get what you mean :D but in my point of view that what i think that will be included in this game , i doubt you will see lara taking drugs and drinking alcohol :P

Yeah, but, it doesn't have to be her... For example, those cannibals might be on drugs, taking them for some ritual or something. And that's mature content. And swearing, I wouldn't like Lara to use the f-bomb, but I could go for the cannibals when they grab Lara saying: "Comere, you little f***!" :D

Weemanply109
21st Jan 2012, 23:21
I'm glad to see the 18+ rating, if you're under-age and your parents won't allow you to play the game then that's tough.

Metalrocks
16th Feb 2012, 05:30
im happy about this rating. always wanted a more mature story line in tomb raider and the violence should be more realistic as well but not the main point of course. from what i have seen so far of this game, it surely isnt mend for children and i find it good. it is dark, it does make a violent and scary impression and im sure lara is forced to use extreme violence to defend her self. plus it will have an psychological impact on lara and as well for the player and thats something a kid cant comprehend.

and a 18+ rating doesnt always mean nudity, sex, drugs, swearing and alcohol. also a story can be very mature that children cant comprehend.

d1n0_xD
16th Feb 2012, 07:47
Damn, look at how many voters were in this poll :eek:

Metalrocks
16th Feb 2012, 08:01
114 for yes. not bad.
so looks like many people want the game to be mature.

chriss_99
16th Feb 2012, 08:26
Many people, like me, have been with the franchise since the beginning. Most of these people are now adults and I'm sure they can handle some adult content in the game. I believe that CD doesn't aim at explicitness like Resident Evil games. It's all about an adult story in the game. Survival is not for kids you know ;)

Metalrocks
16th Feb 2012, 11:06
Many people, like me, have been with the franchise since the beginning. Most of these people are now adults and I'm sure they can handle some adult content in the game. I believe that CD doesn't aim at explicitness like Resident Evil games. It's all about an adult story in the game. Survival is not for kids you know ;)

lol, so true. but of course TR got new fans as well, also younger once. especially since legend.
if the kids want to learn something about survival, then they should watch "man vs. wild" :p

Croft maniac
12th Mar 2012, 17:05
TR was looking too much like a teen targeting game so the M-rating is a big positive at getting a bigger market.

Tomb Raider gamer
15th Apr 2012, 03:19
Really i think about it being so so i like blood and gore as much as the next guy but then my cuz's parents are really careful of what games he buys he is only 15 and he has played all the Tomb Raider games he says this one looks the BEST out of all of the Tomb Raider games. :gamer:

Anvie
15th Apr 2012, 08:19
It's rated like that because there's violence scenes but i think the whole won't be like that.
Wait and see by yourself :)

Elliot Kane
15th Apr 2012, 08:49
I think it depends on why. 'Adult' can mean anything from 'dark,disturbing and thought provoking' to 'check out the bare boobs, dude! Ahuh huh huh!'

The first I like. The Beavis & Butthead version, I don't.

Metalrocks
15th Apr 2012, 08:50
you find some explanations here :)
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115168

but what i think; i think its a good move. from what i have seen, it looks more gruesome, violent, darker and also psychologically demanding to see lara being scared and trying to survive.
so for sure, not a game for children.

LARALOVERnr1
15th Apr 2012, 09:04
There's already a whole thread + poll about this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115168)

Driber
15th Apr 2012, 09:23
There's already a whole thread + poll about this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115168)

Threads merged.

d1n0_xD
15th Apr 2012, 09:42
15 is more than enough to buy M-rated games, IMO. I'm not trying to provoke anything here, some countries and some parents are really carefull about those things, but parents buying games for their kids only makes sense to me if they're below 12 or 10. But this is just my opinion, and again, it depends from an individual to an individual. There is no difference between 15 and 18, IMO. When GTA San Andreas came out on PC, I was 11, but I don't think I played it until I was 12 or 13, I don't know, it was a long time ago. Anyways, that game has an M rating, and I played it, loved everything about it, especially the storyline :D
But again, I live in Bosnia, in a small town Gračanica where 5% of the population plays games, but 0.1% actually plays them regularly and understands English, so most of them aren't even aware of what they're saying XD
I went a little off-topic here, but sometimes games get attacked for no reason. We watched Rambo as little kids and no-one complains about that. I read an article where a kindergarten teacher was afraid because kids were imitating getting out of cars in slow motion and stuff, but that's just child's play, they're starting to have imagination :D Adults always forget that they were probably the same at their age, but get terrified when their little kid is "shooting" another kid with his fingers made like a gun... Just silly :D

TranceTrouble
15th Apr 2012, 10:09
but its not only watching the games/movies like you said but children are way more open for new things and learn way faster. if they at a very young age watch such violence they will not think about if its right or not but just do it since they saw it somebody in a movie do it. older people aged 18+ will take something way more in perspective then youngsters. i don't say i never played GTA as a 12 year old was bad ass, but then parents need to talk to their kids and keep the perspective up, and say thats not the real deal!

d1n0_xD
15th Apr 2012, 13:07
^ Yeah, I agree about that for sure, the difference between reality and fiction needs to be acknowledged!

Metalrocks
15th Apr 2012, 13:34
unfortunately there are parents who simply dont care about their child and what they do. and then people and the government complain that violent games and movies made them do that.
im pretty sure lara will be forced to use extreme violence to survive, especially if she is new to it all. so i hope in future TR will not be seen as a violent game that tells children to kill.
i think we all played a R+/ mature rated games like the GTA series, L4D, half life, etc or watched R+ rated movies wile being underage.
but im pretty sure all our parents told us that its not real and should not use it in real life.

kadosho
17th Apr 2012, 21:11
Curious if the team will unveil more behind the shift in gears with the M rating. Its rare that a series gains a reboot, and a new setup for its storytelling. Perhaps we'll find out very soon. E3 isn't far away.

Twin_Pistols
17th Apr 2012, 21:15
I love it!

It makes for a much darker and real feel to the game! :D

Lord Martok
20th Apr 2012, 02:46
My God, will SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN!?
Just kidding. :D

I think ever since the game was announced that it had been bandied about that CD/Eidos were going for a Mature rating, and now, it seems to have come to fruition.

IIRC, I think Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness was actually leaning toward an M rating at one point...but ultimately, it was a T rated title.

It will be an interesting balancing act. A deeper, darker story perhaps covering some of the psychological effects Lara will have to endure, perhaps a bit more of the ol' ultraviolence....etc. But, to balance such factors against the notion that this is a Tomb Raider title, and there are certain things fans might expect from a game bearing such a recognizable title...that's going to be the test. :)

Driber
20th Apr 2012, 08:10
@some of the earlier posts here: a 12 year old has no business playing GTA SA, period :mad:

And 15 is not the same as 18. A lot of things are changing in the brain of a teenager between 15 and 18.

...but im pretty sure all our parents told us that its not real and should not use it in real life.

Wrong.

There are plenty of parents who have no idea what the hell their child is playing/watching/doing online.

Metalrocks
20th Apr 2012, 14:13
Wrong.

There are plenty of parents who have no idea what the hell their child is playing/watching/doing online.

i think you misunderstood me or i dint make my self clear enough. ;)
what i mend with our parents, was regarding people here in this forum, not addressing the world.

i am fully aware that there are tones of parents out there who dont care at all for their kids and what they do, watch, play, etc.

Elliot Kane
20th Apr 2012, 15:31
To be fair, for a lot of parents I don't think it's 'don't care', I think it's 'don't understand the technology'.

A lot of parents of teenagers today are from a generation where computer training was rare and the internet unheard of. Unless they have an active interest, many probably have basic computer knowledge at best.

The kids simply know how to operate computers far, far better than their parents. It's not 'bad parenting' if you have no way of knowing what your kids are up to.

Films are a whole other thing, of course, as long as we're talking DVDs, but for internet viewing, once again, ignorance is parental bliss. Or possibly nightmare. But the point remains - it is simply not possible for parents to monitor their kids 24/7. Nor is it desirable that they should do so.

.bit
20th Apr 2012, 16:01
My parents don't know the first thing about computers or videogames, and I think they will never know: they simply don't care for it.
But that doesn't mean they weren't by my side when I first played TR II (I think I was 11 or 12 years old) watching my every move, explaining to me that it was just a game and I didn't have to take it seriously or be so frustrated if I got stuck in a level.
They didn't have to explain to me that violence is wrong, though: this is something that a parent should teach you in any case, not just because you're playing a violent game.
To me, simply ignoring your kid and using a videogame because it's cheaper than a babysitter is just bad parenting.

Metalrocks
20th Apr 2012, 16:18
my parents also dont know anything about games games, but they kept an eye on me what i played when i was younger. now of course i can play and watch what ever i want.
my mother was more against my games wile my father was more neutral towards it. i even showed him half life 1 and even resident evil 1 (including the intro). they even knew about quake 1-3, GTA series, doom, duke 3d, etc.

i dont think its the case that parents dont understand technology. i mean everyone understands an image of a violent nature. for this you really dont need any experience or understanding of computers or the internet as such.
some parents just dont care. they always think their kids are angels because they see their kids behaving at home but have no idea how they are in society.

Driber
23rd Apr 2012, 07:15
i think you misunderstood me or i dint make my self clear enough. ;)
what i mend with our parents, was regarding people here in this forum, not addressing the world.

Ah, gotcha :)

To be fair, for a lot of parents I don't think it's 'don't care', I think it's 'don't understand the technology'. [...] The kids simply know how to operate computers far, far better than their parents. It's not 'bad parenting' if you have no way of knowing what your kids are up to.

EK, we're not talking about grandparents here (of which, most of them feel too old to learn this new technology), we're talking about direct parents. I'm willing to put money on "I don't understand the technology" stems from "I can't be bothered to learn / I'm way too busy to spend time getting involved in the world of my child".

Not understanding this new technology may have *somewhat* been a valid excuse, say, 10 years ago when parents had limited resources, but nowadays there are the PEGI and ESRB websites, workshops, associations and whatnot where a parent can collect a ton of information on how it all works and what the dangers are.

I'm sorry, but "I don't understand it" is a BS reason to let your 12 year old boy play GTA SA or let your 10 year old girl unattended on MSN or chatrooms.

To me, simply ignoring your kid and using a videogame because it's cheaper than a babysitter is just bad parenting.

Exactly.

It's a problem for a lot of parents to manage their children and constantly having to run after those hyper little devils (I'm using the term affectionately ;))

Those parents are more than happy to see their kid finally calmed down when it's watching TV or playing a videogame.

I'm not saying that all of them knowingly let their kids play violent or otherwise inappropriate games to keep them occupied....just agreeing that a videogame can (unfortunately) make for excellent babysitter in the eyes of many exhausted parents :whistle:

...some parents just dont care. they always think their kids are angels because they see their kids behaving at home but have no idea how they are in society.

Another good point here.

It's natural for a parent to assume that their child can be trusted and that he would never do anything bad and that the parent's level of parenting is just fine. After all, assuming your kid can't be trusted would reflect bad on you as a parent, right?

Not to stay too far OT, but I've even seen parents of *murderers* defend their kid to death (no pun intended), even while they probably know - or have at least some serious doubts - at that time that their kid is guilty. After all, it is their own flesh and bones, right?

Metalrocks
23rd Apr 2012, 09:58
so true with the parents defending their kids. which is a good thing at the same time, to show that they do care after all.

but now we do get off topic. but was still interesting to talk about it.

Sina_Croft
23rd Apr 2012, 12:18
To get back ontopic: I don't mind having the game M-rated, as stated somewhere above, I was there from the beginning and I'm old enough now to get some Mature related Tomb Raider stories/adventure :P

Metalrocks
24th Apr 2012, 03:07
To get back ontopic: I don't mind having the game M-rated, as stated somewhere above, I was there from the beginning and I'm old enough now to get some Mature related Tomb Raider stories/adventure :P

it surely is a good move. gives the whole franchise a change which i think was needed. the younger once always can play the older games but us who grew up with the the franchise since day 1, deserve a game for our age group.

Cristiavano
26th Apr 2012, 02:33
i'll still buy it to be honest even if i am 15

AdobeArtist
26th Apr 2012, 04:07
i'll still buy it to be honest even if i am 15

And we'll never let anyone know about that :wave:

**hello FBI, I'd like to leave an anonymous tip about an underaged minor with posession of contraband...**

:whistle::whistle:

Triangle3
9th May 2012, 04:39
The M-rating is going to make the game more realistic and give it much more edge. It's the right choice.

TRPhasetastic
9th May 2012, 17:14
Cast off the restraints with M-rating so they have full creative freedom.

Transgress
11th May 2012, 01:15
It's a good step, alot of T rated games that try to be serious often feel like the characters want to express something, but they have it stuck in their throats because of an invisible barrier.

LadyRufina
11th May 2012, 08:46
Ok so an M rating is like an 18+ and a T rating is like a 15+ in North America?

Elliot Kane
11th May 2012, 11:10
Roughly Lady R, yeah.

M = 'Mature' and T = Teen, IIRC. Except that Teen doesn't seem to quite mean Teen, but still! :D

Metalrocks
11th May 2012, 14:22
in australia they have G, PG, M, MA.
and since they have finally agreed to have 18+ rating for games, we will have a R 18+ on the game box.
not sure where tomb raider 9 will be. they probably will sell the game a month later as they did with the last 3 games.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
4th Jun 2012, 19:16
One of the biggest trends at the moment in gaming is the shooter and the push there is for more realistic violence. That's pushing the gaming world more to that direction and TR needs to position it's self tactically. M-rating seems a good way to do that.

Darkwoodsoftime
13th Jun 2012, 16:13
Today EuroGamer posted an article (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-13-lara-croft-attempted-rape-will-make-tomb-raider-players-want-to-protect-her) . i didn't read the whole thing but i must say , this is getting a little Weird and creepy , i mean read the Title " : Lara Croft attempted rape will make Tomb Raider players want to "protect" her "

this is Stupid IMO :rolleyes:

TranceTrouble
13th Jun 2012, 16:37
hehe i read the article and i can see what they mean with it but it is indeed a weird title :p

but they have a good point, with those kind of scenes the player will get more involved/caring about Lara. :)

dark7angel
13th Jun 2012, 16:44
^There's a lot of articles surfacing talking about this "attempted rape" scene! It's like people didn't see anything else from the game 'cause all they talk about is this!! I honestly don't understand why this is getting so much attention!

And what's even more ridiculous is that this scene is NOT about a guy attempting to rape Lara, it's about Lara defending herself and being forced to kill this man!!! I mean, sure, it's implied that he wants to rape her but that whole scene is about Lara fighting back! That's the focus of it! It's about her FIRST KILL!!!

TranceTrouble
13th Jun 2012, 16:52
^There's a lot of articles surfacing talking about this "attempted rape" scene! It's like people didn't see anything else from the game 'cause all they talk about is this!! I honestly don't understand why this is getting so much attention!

And what's even more ridiculous is that this scene is NOT about a guy attempting to rape Lara, it's about Lara defending herself and being forced to kill this man!!! I mean, sure, it's implied that he wants to rape her but that whole scene is about Lara fighting back! That's the focus of it! It's about her FIRST KILL!!!

yes indeed and the scene right after she shot the guy where she is crying on the ground and noticing what she just has done. i can feel the vibe in that and that she then get the feeling that she needs to do everything to get off that island alive. :)

dark7angel
13th Jun 2012, 17:13
^Exactly! That's what that moment is all about! Lara being forced to kill a man and the consequences that has on her character!

But unfortunately, all that people seem to see is "RAPE" and start to freak out about it! I mean, there are people on tumblr talking about petitions to boycott the game because of this 10 second scene!!! It's crazy!!! And having these sites making these articles doesn't help things! And then there's the so called feminists going on rants about the game being sexist and what not!!

It's ridiculous because you can have the most brutal murder being showcased on a game and no one will say a word, but you have a guy getting a little too close to Lara and all hell breaks loose!!!

d1n0_xD
13th Jun 2012, 17:29
Yeah, it's a little silly, the guy hardly tried anything before Lara kicked his ass... And then I read about how some people will have anxiety waiting for that scene and then watching it, and then I give myself the biggest facepalm ever xD People act as if the act of rape actually happened... The guy tried to reach for her ass, and she didn't let him :D

dark7angel
13th Jun 2012, 17:37
What's even more silly is that people never reacted like this when Kurtis rubbed Lara's body in AoD!!! And he touched her a LOT more than this guy! At least this time she knees him in the junk and fights back while AoD Lara didn't really do anything...

Darkwoodsoftime
13th Jun 2012, 19:18
and now VG247 (http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/13/live-debate-should-tomb-raider-include-rape-elements/)

this time the title is more Interesting : "Live debate: should Tomb Raider include rape elements?" :confused: ARE U KIDDING ME :mad2: they're doing a live interview bout this ?! rape scenario ?!

dark7angel
13th Jun 2012, 19:43
I think I've seen at least 6 different articles regarding this subject and all of them are completely misinterpreting the whole thing!!! This is really annoying! :mad2:

Andrashi
13th Jun 2012, 19:59
About this "rape scene"...
Am I the only guy who thinks this particular scene is incredibly sexist against males?

If I ever wanted to rape Lara in the depicted scenario, I would point gun at her and made her walk somewhere hidden, then told her to half strip, so clothes limit her movment. THEN I would toss her some rope/wire/string, and while under the threat of killing her I would made her bind her legs and both of her arms (forced self-bondage). Only then I would (still pointing at her) approach her, secure binds and proceeded with foul deed.

THAT's how would majority of males do it. This "immediate groping" is an unfortunate trope aimed at depicting males as sex driven no-brains. And surprisingly almost nobody cares.

dark7angel
13th Jun 2012, 20:12
This turned into such a controversy that CD had to release a official statement:

http://cfi.thismoment.com/media/tombraider/978b7897831e59cb/877bae3b037b353b_999_large.jpg

TranceTrouble
13th Jun 2012, 20:17
^^ lol you beat me to it dark7angel ;) thank you OP updated!:thumb:

Darkwoodsoftime
13th Jun 2012, 20:19
Male pervs and Gaming web sites will be disappointed :lol: :p

IvanaKC
13th Jun 2012, 22:58
Really? All that society cares about is sex? :confused:

Those, let's just say 'few' perverts are making the entire population of gamers look dumb! No wonder people started with 'forever alone' jokes. Out of the whole trailer, all they noticed is attempted raping?!? That pisses me off because it's a proof that a lot of people don't care much about the story, which is sad. Crystal Dynamics put a lot of effort into this game and into developing its story, and all they care about is seeing that one particular scene. Sad, just sad.

Anyway, I have nothing against that scene as long as Lara doesn't get raped. It's M rated game, I don't expect rainbows and unicorns. Like Karl said, it is a crucial moment for Lara and I want to see how her character develops. After all, CD had to give Lara a GOOD reason to kill a man, right?

LadyRufina
13th Jun 2012, 23:04
Really? All that society cares about is sex? :confused:

Those, let's just say 'few' perverts are making the entire population of gamers look dumb! No wonder people started with 'forever alone' jokes. Out of the whole trailer, all they noticed is attempted raping?!? That pisses me off because it's a proof that a lot of people don't care much about the story, which is sad. Crystal Dynamics put a lot of effort into this game and into developing its story, and all they care about is seeing that one particular scene. Sad, just sad.

Anyway, I have nothing against that scene as long as Lara doesn't get raped. It's M rated game, I don't expect rainbows and unicorns. Like Karl said, it is a crucial moment for Lara and I want to see how her character develops. After all, CD had to give Lara a GOOD reason to kill a man, right?

It's not just the gaming community that is obsessed with sex though we're used as scapegoats all the time when the whole world is obsessed with sex.

mugenkb1
14th Jun 2012, 03:46
This whole "rape scene" BS is causing quite the poo-storm. First of all, who the hell was the first person to say it was a rape scene? The dude didn't even touch her inappropriately...hell, the only part of her he touched was her shoulder. His hands weren't even near her ass, just near her waist when she kick him in the balls. We don't know what he was really trying to do, maybe he was patting her down for any knives or something. People love to complain about stupid s**t. Hell, if that was a rape scene, then what is this scene considered then?
XD1FUss0Fk4
@3:18

I don't see people complaining about the militant touching Sheva's chest and ass and calling it rape.
The eff is with people these days, it's like they love complaining about the stupidest things.

Metalrocks
14th Jun 2012, 04:17
damn, looks like i was living under a rock. dint know there are article regarding the attempted rape scene.

seriously??? people actually make a problem out of this???? are you ****ing kidding me :eek:
how come no one complains about a rape scene in movies? because they can say its just acted and not real? whats the difference in a game??? its virtual, not a single person gets raped at all, not even acted. lara even escapes from it. she had to defend her self. other females should be happy/proud to see that this woman stood up for her self and dint let that guy come that close to her. but no, they complain instead. :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
how ****ing stupid are these people who think its bad to show the main protagonist, who is about to get raped? these are scavengers on that island. they havent seen a woman probably for years. its obvious they want to do this :rolleyes: . its common logic. just like a kid, who hasnt played with toys for years and suddenly sees a toy to play with.

when the trailer came out, one guy on the escapistmagazine particularly was referring to the rape scene only.
he thinks its a cheap way, like in a movie, that a woman has to be brutalized/raped, before she becomes an action hero.
he does have some good points, but he still focuses only at that part. wile others try to tell him its part of the story.

here is one of his comment:
But when I watch that trailer I don't get the feeling that was their motivation. It all comes across like an exploitation movie - like the 70s/80s revenge flicks that used rape/attempted rape as the reason for the female hero to pick up a gun and start killing people, exactly as shown in the trailer. Of course we're seeing it out of context, but I'll bet any money that that's the first point in the game where Lara picks up the pistol(s) that are iconic to her character. That's not a traumatic experience, that's an excuse.

i would post the link, but it does contain minor foul language and im sure driber will remove the link.

but why people freak out just like that without understanding the situation, is just mind buggering. interview regarding rape and how women feel about it???? :mad2::mad2::mad2:
im pretty sure they will never use a single female view, who thinks the attempted rape scene is part of laras survival.

personally, im fine with the attempted rape scene. sure, CD could have used a different moment to force lara to kill someone but it still makes sense in the situation she is in.

The_Hylden
14th Jun 2012, 04:39
These are bad guys that have no authority telling them right from wrong. I would be surprised if they didn't try and act dominent and inappropriate to a woman lost in their web there. However, like the article now listed in the OP states, there is no further nature cut from this scene where any attempted rape occurs.

Dollpy
14th Jun 2012, 08:51
Oh boo hoo. Even if it was an attempted rape, do people seriously think CD would really let that happen to Lara as an excuse as to why she is a gun slinging kickass heroine?

Cheeky_Charlie
14th Jun 2012, 09:02
Jesus, what rape scene??

Have anyone heard of Haunting Ground? Fiona, short skirt huge tits, scared as hell and all that.. And when the enemy gets her it even is implied or given the sounds that she being raped. Wheres the controversy.

TheBlade
14th Jun 2012, 10:40
I didn't know this was a rape scene? Lol?

Doesn't even look attempted at all, he just kinda gets close that's all. NO RAPE.

People have sick minds these days, too much of you know whats, it's just a video game.

xelanoimis
14th Jun 2012, 11:04
Hi,

I've just heard about this fuss over the attempted rape scene and, as a Tomb Raider fan, I feel bound to come here and express my opinion hopping the developers will consider it.

On short, the attempted rape scene IS A MUST HAVE!

So don't go silly and try to soften it or anything because of dumb people feeling offended by such scenes in games, where everyone is OK blowing brains out, stealing cars and doing all sort of crimes.

The scene is indeed important for constructing young Lara's character and it justifies her choices, who she become and so on. Personally I wouldn't mind going even more explicit (keeping the decency though) - movies do.

I am going to buy the game mostly because it shows a mature and serious atmosphere. Removing this scene from the game and crippling it from what the script writer intended would make me reconsider.

Too many games were reduced to common and mediocre experiences just because the publishers' fear of the general public opinion.

Luckily the survey is showing that at least fans here are loving it.

So KEEP THE SCENE as intended by the script writer!

Thanks!

Metalrocks
14th Jun 2012, 11:22
welcome to the forum :wave:

people generally are just retarded and love complaining about every **** there is. mostly to make them selfs important and try to brainwash other people to believe in them and make money that way.

just like the trouble with ME1 regarding the sex scene. saying what bad influence it has to the community, blah blah blah :rolleyes:
wile movies on the other hand have more nudity and sex and no one seams to complain about them. :mad2:

i would find it very amusing if a gaming company would actually tell these people to F off instead of apologizing, and telling them how stupid they are for not understanding the concept of the story.

of course they would in trouble for that but at least it would be the truth.

LadyRufina
14th Jun 2012, 11:23
The Sun have unwelcomely decided to stick their oar in now:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4371551/Lara-Crofts-rape-ordeal-in-Tomb-Raider-video-game-hell.html

HEROINE Lara Croft will face an attempted RAPE in the next Tomb Raider video game.

The busty beauty — played in movies by Angelina Jolie — is taken prisoner by a bearded baddie.

She is forced to fight him off before finally escaping his clutches.

Makers of the action-adventure epic at US video game giant Crystal Dynamics have defended the scene, claiming they want to make Lara more vulnerable.

Executive producer Ron Rosenberg said: “The ability to see her as a human is even more enticing to me than the more sexualised version of yesteryear.”

Katie Russell of Rape Crisis said: “We’d be concerned if this was designed mainly to titillate as this trivialises real women’s experiences.”

This is getting completely out of hand. The Sun have completely taken it out of all proportion and now we're gonna have hell with all these misinformed band-wagon mothers going on about games sexualising young boys too much. I can't be bothered with this.

Darkwoodsoftime
14th Jun 2012, 11:34
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...game-hell.html
what ! http://www.naruto-kun.com/images/gallery/162/Jiraiya_02(84).gif

Elliot Kane
14th Jun 2012, 11:36
As someone who was both a role player and a heavy metal fan at the height of the idiotic attacks on both from an uninformed but hysterical minority, I know the only way to deal with such people effectively: totally ignore them.

The more you deny, the more hysterical and unreasonable they get. You won't convince them of anything because there's no way they will ever put in the necessary research to find out the truth.

Such people are just not worth your time.

AdobeArtist
14th Jun 2012, 11:41
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4371551/Lara-Crofts-rape-ordeal-in-Tomb-Raider-video-game-hell.html

This is getting completely out of hand. The Sun have completely taken it out of all proportion and now we're gonna have hell with all these misinformed band-wagon mothers going on about games sexualising young boys too much. I can't be bothered with this.

This reminds me when Fox news so irresponsibly misrepresented Mass Effect, claiming that the game had full nudity and explicit sex scenes. Being that it was first on 360, they included the immature screen caption "Sex Box", only further discrediting their journalistic "integrity". Lots of uproar over what turned out to only be off screen sex and no more than 5 seconds of the slightest hint of side boob.

Yeah there was a good deal of skin shown, but only from obscure angles, not full frontal exposure. That really tasteful kind of R rated cinematography we've seen for years in film. And they even missed the important detail of this scene being from a developed relationship between characters providing meaningful context.

Guess what? Fox had to issue a retraction. Let's see of the Sun also owns up.

LadyRufina
14th Jun 2012, 11:43
@EK: I know. It's more of the newspaper that's winding me up. I mean, this is coming from a 'family' newspaper that has a bare-breasted woman on the third page with every issue. The irony is... amusing. Combined with the fact that they've completely, and most probably intentionally, misinformed readers it makes me want to punch my screen.

@adobeARTIST: The Sun probably won't. They seem so enjoy being the laughing stock of the media world.

Elliot Kane
14th Jun 2012, 11:48
@EK: I know. It's more of the newspaper that's winding me up. I mean, this is coming from a 'family' newspaper that has a bare-breasted woman on the third page with every issue. The irony is... amusing. Combined with the fact that they've completely, and most probably intentionally, misinformed readers it makes me want to punch my screen.

They always have the best sports coverage. But for actual news, it's not their site I look at :D

Triangle3
14th Jun 2012, 12:04
I read in a newspaper and a newpaper I saw the guy in front of me was reading on the train full page spreads all about THAT scene. It's making our series look awful so they should cut it.

LadyRufina
14th Jun 2012, 12:10
@Triangle3: I disagree. They should definitely NOT cut it. i'm sorry but in AoD, Kurtis felt Lara up much longer and went much further than that guy did and there was no controversy. I don't understand why it's different. It should be better because Lara is risking her life to stop that man from raping her. I, as a female gamer, find pride in my favourite video-game hero for that. It's completely ridiculous the amount of publicity this tiny misunderstood scene is getting but I still think CD should stand by this scene because it's a pivotal event in her origin story.

The_Hylden
14th Jun 2012, 12:18
Yeah there was a good deal of skin shown, but only from obscure angles, not full frontal exposure. That really tasteful kind of R rated cinematography we've seen for years in film. And they even missed the important detail of this scene being from a developed relationship between characters providing meaningful context.

More like PG-13. That level shown would not have been enough to rate it R if the first Mass Effect was a movie. There also aren't ever any f-bombs in the game, and only ever one s word. The entire game was PG-13 material, if it ever were to have been a movie, or series of movies. A tiny bit of side boob and butt has been acceptable in even some PG films since the 70's when the ratings went into effect. You see more in a James Bond, or Vin Diesel XXX, Fast and Furious film than you do here.

Mass Effect 2 would have been rated R, however, for Jack alone ;) And not because of what she was wearing, but her mouth. I haven't played the third one yet, unfortunately, so I can't comment on that content level.

Metalrocks
14th Jun 2012, 12:42
i never read newspapers. they are all full of crap and they make me just angry. :mad: so i dont believe them.

the only people who make a problem form this, are these hysterical mothers who think they do somehting good for the children but in the end they achieve the total opposite :rolleyes:

these people make me really angry that i want to do this
2jHc4lUaCp4
skip to 18sec
for some reason i cant embed it from the time i want to show it.

yes, i get easily upset with these kind of people. mostly because of germany and there retarded youth protection crap that a little drop of blood in a movie or game can turn kids in to violent, trigger happy people :mad2::rolleyes:
thats how much it reminds me of.

Copeland
14th Jun 2012, 12:46
Can't wait for the feminist marches around Square Enix studios, a bunch of misinformed women crying about something that's not even true.

*Sigh*

LadyRufina
14th Jun 2012, 12:52
Can't wait for the feminist marches around Square Enix studios, a bunch of misinformed women crying about something that's not even true.

*Sigh*

I find it quite amusing. They should just go somewhere where people will bother to listen to their nonsense but then they would cease to exist, unfortunately :rolleyes:.

Copeland
14th Jun 2012, 12:55
I find it quite amusing. They should just go somewhere where people will bother to listen to their nonsense but then they would cease to exist, unfortunately :rolleyes:.

We just can't win.

The_Hylden
14th Jun 2012, 13:08
I'm surprised that they aren't more concerned with the level of violence, like blowing away people with the shotgun, or Lara getting up and personal with a stab under the chin and through the brain on the one poor slob, going all William Wallace on him :D No, they focus on a *bad guy* getting a little too close and touching her shoulder. Yeah, that's what they do, because they're the BAD GUYS, haha!

No, but these papers aren't selling well, so they need stuff like this. Plus, it's a distraction. They'd rather waste time on articles with false sensitization than to focus on the real problems we're facing.

Metalrocks
14th Jun 2012, 13:13
thanks for embedding my link but it still doesnt play from the time i chose.

The_Hylden
14th Jun 2012, 13:15
You can't make a video start from a specific time. If you want people to view it from a certain time on, then just add a little note underneath the video saying so, like, "From 2:13 on." :)

Metalrocks
14th Jun 2012, 13:17
You can't make a video start from a specific time. If you want people to view it from a certain time on, then just add a little note underneath the video saying so, like, "From 2:13 on." :)

lol, ok. did that now.
shame that it doesnt work like that.