PDA

View Full Version : Collectors' Augmented Edition - or Regular Edition? VOTE & discuss

Vasarto
5th Dec 2010, 05:04
So are you going to Spring for the Augemented Editon? Why or Why not!?

Senka
5th Dec 2010, 05:40
Paid for AE yesterday, $55 is a crazy bargain. Normal editions here cost $100 usually, so I preordered from game.co.uk mainly because that price must be a mistake.

Don't care about the extra in game stuff, would just like the making of and artbook. If the steam price is significantly less however (it won't be) I can always cancel and redirect my monies to the steamsworks. Concerned about the lack of shown in game stuff, but sometimes the less you know about a game the more you find that you enjoy. I only paid $2 for dx1 anyway..

Rindill the Red
5th Dec 2010, 06:35
Well... I've yet to find out if the augmented edition contains both preorder bonuses here in America... so I don't know yet.

Chances are... yes.

St. Mellow
5th Dec 2010, 12:54
Well, I still have to decide if the game is worth buying... but I'd probably get the Augmented one if I did.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Dec 2010, 12:55
Voted for "Augment Me, Baby!". :cool:

mad825
5th Dec 2010, 12:57
voted for:AUGMENT ME BABY!

why not when it doesn't cost me any extra money :)

Shinrei
5th Dec 2010, 13:02
Voted for "Augment Me, Baby!". :cool:

+1

as a faithful Deus Ex Cultist there is no way around the augmented edition...

NKD
5th Dec 2010, 15:43
My vision is augmented!

Absentia
5th Dec 2010, 15:47
Got Augmented because of the ridiculous Game.co.uk pricing, but I might just throw away the bonus weapons so that they don't ruin my experience. I'm also a stealth player most of the time, so a grenade launcher or a shotgun won't be that useful to me. The silenced sniper, on the other hand, is going to be a hard one to throw away, but I must stay strong :P

Pretentious Old Man.
5th Dec 2010, 16:48
Regular. On principle. As ever.

ZakKa89
5th Dec 2010, 17:23
This has to be the cheapest CE with this amount of content ever (making of dvd, artbook, motion comic, e3 trailer storyboard, soundtrack) , so my answer is obvious.

68_pie
5th Dec 2010, 18:35
I've yet to see a decent making of for a game and the artbook seems awfully short. Motion comics for me are kinda "meh" (see Watchmen: Ultimate Edition), animated storyboard sounds the same. I'd only really be paying for the OST thus doesn't really seem worth it to me.

if I buy it, I'll be buying the regular edition oncce it has halved in price.

K^2
5th Dec 2010, 18:44
If I'm going to buy the game in the early days after release, I'm gong to buy Augmented Edition. No reason not to. If I'll decide do wait for the price drop, whatever will be available.

Dr_Bob
5th Dec 2010, 19:27
Regular. On principle. As ever.

It's a bloody videogame.

:nut:

Pretentious Old Man.
5th Dec 2010, 19:34
It's a bloody videogame.

:nut:

Nah, it's a business my dear doctor. The industry has grown up.

K^2
5th Dec 2010, 19:45
Nah, it's a business my dear doctor. The industry has grown up.
May I picture you lighting a pipe between these sentences?

BigBoss
5th Dec 2010, 20:16
So are you going to Spring for the Augemented Editon? Why or Why not!?

Because it's more dxhr. I would have paid 100 if it meant even more stuff.

handgriffsorgfaeltig
5th Dec 2010, 23:01
augmented it is; it was before i even know they would call it that way...

i'm still a little ( big...really much big ) sad about the absence of any hardware gimmick...
could someone ( with more time than me and maybe some talent ^^ ) please papercraft a nice thingy !

biofuel
5th Dec 2010, 23:29
inadequate options. must....compute...more....options////....////..<<<<<<<<<<<<<

zombieturtle01
5th Dec 2010, 23:45
I simmered down when I found out it was only 10 extra bucks, as I'd really be paying for the Artbook and soundtrack. However, the gamestop bull**** is well, still bull****. I bit the bullet and preordered from that evil store on friday.

I walk in.

Game Stop Cashier: "How can I help you"

Me: "I'd like to preorder the Augmented edition of Deus Ex Human Revolution"

Game Stop Cashier: "That will be $59.99"

Me: "Game stop has more power than the government. Everyone's fighting for more power, more control"

Game Stop Cashier: "Looks like we got us a boy scouttt"

*Game Stop Cashier throws me against cardboard setup of WoW"*

*Game stop Employees come out to restrain me, but I do crazy ninja moves and stab them with my arm blades*

Me: "GIVE ME THE EXCLUSIVE TRACER TONG MISSION"

Game Stop Cashier: "YOU'LL NEVER FIND EM!!!"

Me: "... I'LL NEVER STOP LOOKING"

SageSavage
5th Dec 2010, 23:59
See what happened next (only here on EM-TV): http://diamondbackonline.blip.tv/file/4423218/

thedosbox
6th Dec 2010, 00:20
None of the above. Release is at least three months away, and it's unclear what the situation is regarding the actual contents of the AE are in Canada.

Shralla
6th Dec 2010, 00:27
I don't see why everybody is so up in arms about the pre-order bonuses.

Who cares? All the weapons are going to be worthless after three hours anyway, and are you really going to miss a single-use door unlocker and 10k credits?

FuzzyPuffin
6th Dec 2010, 00:47
I don't see why everybody is so up in arms about the pre-order bonuses.

Who cares? All the weapons are going to be worthless after three hours anyway, and are you really going to miss a single-use door unlocker and 10k credits?

We don't care about any of that. We want the bonus mission for nostalgic purposes.

Vasarto
6th Dec 2010, 01:33
Well... I've yet to find out if the augmented edition contains both preorder bonuses here in America... so I don't know yet.

Chances are... yes.

its comes with a big artwork book, a dvd of the making of, the full soundtrack, something else that I am forgetting I think and fancy packaging!

MrFoxter
6th Dec 2010, 21:06
Voted for
Æ
since I've already pre-ordered.

Pretentious Old Man.
6th Dec 2010, 21:19
May I picture you lighting a pipe between these sentences?

http://johnault.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/clement-attlee.png

St. Mellow
6th Dec 2010, 23:14
I love pipe smoking.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/nilsbull/dobbsapproved.gif

Angel-A
7th Dec 2010, 00:00
Augmented Edition... Assuming it's sold in stores besides regular. (Errr, AE's not a pre-order/online thing only, is it? Because if it is then... This is very sad for me.)

BigBoss
7th Dec 2010, 00:25
I wonder how many of those votes for the AE, came from people complaining about the contents of the AE......

rhalibus
7th Dec 2010, 00:29
Three years waiting, discussing, anticipating? Yeah, I think I could throw down an extra ten bucks...:)

handgriffsorgfaeltig
7th Dec 2010, 12:58
I wonder how many of those votes for the AE, came from people complaining about the contents of the AE......

Make it a poll ^^

BigBoss
7th Dec 2010, 17:18
Make it a poll ^^

As if they would be honest about something like that

Irate_Iguana
7th Dec 2010, 18:25
As if they would be honest about something like that

That would just give you a chance to post another poll. ;)

Happy
7th Dec 2010, 18:27
Oh I agree - I'm a BIG proponent for new polls - especially since my poll got shut down :)

Irate_Iguana
7th Dec 2010, 18:41
Oh I agree - I'm a BIG proponent for new polls - especially since my poll got shut down :)

Most people would probably agree that it was unfair. You should make a poll about that.

ZakKa89
7th Dec 2010, 18:47
^zing

BigBoss
7th Dec 2010, 19:20
I think i'll set up a poll asking what is the appropriate number of polls to have on the forum, as well as another poll asking how many people like being polled.

Omar Protector
8th Dec 2010, 02:57
Im Sorry but I DONT CARE what the Price or what you even get in the Augmented Edition, it dosnt matter what little art book or dvd not that those aren't nice hell i love them but im getting it because Augmented Edition is a Statment that says that yes you are a fan you did what you had to to get this game no matter what and got the special one!

And money yea i dont got alot of that right now but ill sell any game i have too !!!!

Sorry for my out brake.

Rindill the Red
8th Dec 2010, 03:55
I like that it's only 10 bucks more. I'm willing to pay as much as console owners pay regularly for a console game to get a PC game where much more of the money goes to the devs.

Hell, all I have to do is skip or cut down on a few meals and I'll scrape together 10 extra bucks.

ROCK STARTIST
10th Dec 2010, 03:36
Augmented all the way!

Although it's interesting how their downplaying the art book and dvd as if its just extra bonus. They keep emphasizing the bad a$$ weapons, and more weapons, and btw.... more weapons AS if this is gonna be the next Halo, & Black Ops in mainstream gaming...

BUT at least WE know what Deus Ex is all about, not really the type of game you invite your buddies over, it has a different kind of sophistication in the single player experience.

hakumen001
10th Dec 2010, 12:00
If I do get it, reg prob. Im still waiting to find out what the game is... I dont even know if it's TPS or a FPS? I think the trailers look amazing, but I despise FPS, so Im waiting to see gameplay. I know nothing so Im waiting. I dont think an 40 page art book is worth it, I do like behind the scenes dvds though it should be there already since the PS3 ver is a BR disk... Then there is the gamestop nonsense. It really rubs me the wrong way how you HAVE to order thru gamestop to get the full game.

Jerion
10th Dec 2010, 21:40
If I do get it, reg prob. Im still waiting to find out what the game is... I dont even know if it's TPS or a FPS? I think the trailers look amazing, but I despise FPS, so Im waiting to see gameplay. I know nothing so Im waiting. I dont think an 40 page art book is worth it, I do like behind the scenes dvds though it should be there already since the PS3 ver is a BR disk... Then there is the gamestop nonsense. It really rubs me the wrong way how you HAVE to order thru gamestop to get the full game.

The shooter part of HR a hybrid of FPS and TPS. Go either way you'd like, the game supports both styles. It's far more than just a shooter though.

Phase
10th Dec 2010, 21:52
Augmented all the way!

Although it's interesting how their downplaying the art book and dvd as if its just extra bonus. They keep emphasizing the bad a$$ weapons, and more weapons, and btw.... more weapons AS if this is gonna be the next Halo, & Black Ops in mainstream gaming...

BUT at least WE know what Deus Ex is all about, not really the type of game you invite your buddies over, it has a different kind of sophistication in the single player experience.

I was also thinking that, especially after the videos it seemed to focus on Adam Jensen shooting lots of enemies. Everyone developer seems to have their own individual development perspective on a sequel game. I don't want to focus on guns either, if that was the case I would have bought Black Ops when it came out.

I want to support one of my top favourite game franchises and recently I've just been wasting my income on games.

LeMoN_LiMe
10th Dec 2010, 23:24
Wow look at that pole.

So basically EM is jumping for joy because they just got everyone to spend an extra $10.

55 votes for people getting the AE which means $550 extra dollars just out of the people on this forum who responded to the pole.

Now imagine how countless others around the world buy the AE and your looking at thousands of dollars in extra profit for slicing up a game.

But as I said before, its standard industry practice and good business so can you really blame EM? :rolleyes:

All I can say is there better be DLC.

Shralla
11th Dec 2010, 00:25
If I do get it, reg prob. Im still waiting to find out what the game is... I dont even know if it's TPS or a FPS? I think the trailers look amazing, but I despise FPS, so Im waiting to see gameplay.

I am constantly baffled when I see people say things like this when it's blatantly obvious that they have made absolutely no effort whatsoever to uncover the information they claim to be lacking.

Ashpolt
11th Dec 2010, 00:26

Correction: we know what Deus Ex was about, as in we know what the first two games were about (as you say, not all about the action and guns and stuff going bang.) I have seen literally nothing of DXHR so far to suggest that it's going to be anything other than a slice of mainstream gaming.

I am constantly baffled when I see people say things like this when it's blatantly obvious that they have made absolutely no effort whatsoever to uncover the information they claim to be lacking.

Yes, you're right. This definitely isn't a failure on Eidos Montreal / Square Enix's part to communicate with the gamesplaying public. Oh hell no. Look how much gameplay information is on the Human Revolution official website, for instance! It's just swimming with information!

Shralla
11th Dec 2010, 00:33
Correction: we know what Deus Ex was about, as in we know what the first two games were about (as you say, not all about the action and guns and stuff going bang.) I have seen literally nothing of DXHR so far to suggest that it's going to be anything other than a slice of mainstream gaming.

After all, it's not like there are multiple approaches to any given situation, including stealth, hacking, combat, etc. With "levels" built around hubworlds thriving with NPC activity and potential for uncovering information via any of the aforementioned avenues of gameplay, as well as the ability to talk to all of the non-hostile NPCs in the game.

And there's no grid-based inventory, or biomechanical augmentations, or upgradeable weapons, and it's not like there's an experience point system that you can use to upgrade yourself in a way of your choosing based on your particular playstyle. And for that matter, it's not like the game supports multiple playstyles at all! It's all just run and gun!

I can't believe how mainstreamed it is!

Yes, you're right. This definitely isn't a failure on Eidos Montreal / Square Enix's part to communicate with the gamesplaying public. Oh hell no. Look how much gameplay information is on the Human Revolution official website, for instance! It's just swimming with information!

You mean the main page with the big "click to play" for the most recent GAMEPLAY TRAILER right on the front? Or where you can click the other large button on the main page for pre-ordering and see some more GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE?

And I don't know if you've noticed or not, but the official page for any game is the LAST place for information. Everybody knows that. EVERY game is like that. This is not magically unique to Deus Ex as much as I know you would LOVE to have more ammo for your ****cannon. Yes, up until the last couple months there has been a lack of blatantly obvious information for idiots who don't care to feed off of, but recently we have had quite a deluge of information.

I'm sorry, but if you're interested in something, especially to the point of thinking it looks "amazing," then you're interested enough to LOOK for information and not expect it to be handed to you on a silver platter. And what's REALLY funny to me about the idea that you think it SHOULD be, is the fact that literally the ONLY GAMES WHO DO THAT are the super-mainstream games that have a multi-million dollar marketing budget.

luminar
11th Dec 2010, 00:38
After all, it's not like there are multiple approaches to any given situation, including stealth, hacking, combat, etc. With "levels" built around hubworlds thriving with NPC activity and potential for uncovering information via any of the aforementioned avenues of gameplay, as well as the ability to talk to all of the non-hostile NPCs in the game.

And there's no grid-based inventory, or biomechanical augmentations, or upgradeable weapons, and it's not like there's an experience point system that you can use to upgrade yourself in a way of your choosing based on your particular playstyle. And for that matter, it's not like the game supports multiple playstyles at all! It's all just run and gun!

Well done. Weeeelll done.

Fluffis
11th Dec 2010, 00:47

That isn't what he said... he said he hasn't seen anything other than mainstream gaming. Check the gameplay trailers, and tell me what you see, not what you've read here. Ash may have made a statement that was a bit too categorical, but in essence he is in fact right.

Ashpolt
11th Dec 2010, 00:54

Note the word "seen" in my above post? Good. Because unless you've seen some amazing gameplay trailer that I haven't, we haven't actually been shown any of the information gathering side of the game, barring a very, very straightforward run to Tong - and then on to some action. Other than that very straightforward run to Tong - which was almost literally just straight to him, talk, go fight, nothing more complex than that - the trailers have all been focused on action, action, action. Even the "stealth" we've been shown is just waiting until your opponent's back is turned before killing him.

Augs are basically magic by another name, same as plasmids in Bioshock. Resident Evil 4 and 5 both had grid inventories and upgradable weapons. It didn't stop any of the above being mainstream shooter games. What will - or rather, has the power to - stop DXHR being a mainstream shooter are the times when there aren't enemies around, when you're exploring, talking and gathering information. And EM have been very reluctant to show us that so far. Yet the Icarus Landing system has featured in every single trailer. Where does that suggest to you that the focus is?

You mean the main page with the big "click to play" for the most recent GAMEPLAY TRAILER right on the front? Or where you can click the other large button on the main page for pre-ordering and see some more GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE?

The gameplay footage that confused the guy above into not knowing whether it was a third person shooter or an FPS? Yeah, exactly.

And I don't know if you've noticed or not, but the official page for any game is the LAST place for information. Everybody knows that. EVERY game is like that. This is not magically unique to Deus Ex as much as I know you would LOVE to have more ammo for your ****cannon. Yes, up until the last couple months there has been a lack of blatantly obvious information for idiots who don't care to absorb, but recently we have had quite a deluge of information.

We've had a whole two gameplay trailers, both of which focus almost solely on the action side of things. The main site does nothing to dispel the idea that it's any more than an action game - seriously, you look for anywhere on the main site that they even mention that this is even trying to be part RPG. Most game sites at least let you know what genre of game you're playing.

And you wonder why people might be confused about this game? Of course it's obvious to us what the game is - or at least what EM are claiming the game is, again, I see little evidence to their claims that it's much more than an action title - because we know the previous games, and we've been following this for months, if not years. But for people who are coming to this fresh, there's very little solid game info out there. Even the interviews EM have done have concentrated more on the art style and rough plot outline than anything else.

I'm sorry, but if you're interested in something, especially to the point of thinking it looks "amazing," then you're interested enough to LOOK for information and not expect it to be handed to you on a silver platter. And what's REALLY funny to me about the idea that you think it SHOULD be, is the fact that literally the ONLY GAMES WHO DO THAT are the super-mainstream games that have a multi-million dollar marketing budget.

Why, exactly, should anyone expect to have to look beyond a game's website for information about the game? At least for basic information like what genre the game is!

And for the love of god man, calm down. Your capslock and expletives don't make your point any better.

[EDIT] This is going way off topic. Let's take this to PMs if you want to continue.

BigBoss
11th Dec 2010, 01:34
We've had a whole two gameplay trailers, both of which focus almost solely on the action side of things. The main site does nothing to dispel the idea that it's any more than an action game - seriously, you look for anywhere on the main site that they even mention that this is even trying to be part RPG. Most game sites at least let you know what genre of game you're playing.

You're kidding right? mgs4 had like 5 trailers out, and all that was publicly known was that it took place in the desert. 3 trailers later and they finally showed you 3 out of the other 4 locations in the game

Fox89
11th Dec 2010, 02:36
I seem to have stumbled upon this poll during a time of great argument...

Sorry to break it up to explain my vote! I have pre-ordered the Augmented Edition, because every single thing I have seen about this game (with the one exception of 3rd person ladder climbing) has made me more and more excited for it. I have bookmarked it as possible game of the decade and I haven't been this excited for anything since Final Fantasy XIII (and FF is my favourite franchise ever).

Also, netted the Game.co.uk pre-order price of £30 for the AE before the bumped it up. Lucky me!

thedosbox
11th Dec 2010, 03:47
Why, exactly, should anyone expect to have to look beyond a game's website for information about the game? At least for basic information like what genre the game is!

Why do games have to fit into predefined genres? DX was never a shooter in the same way UT was, and wasn't as single-minded about stealth in the same way Thief was.

Fluffis
11th Dec 2010, 04:47
Why do games have to fit into predefined genres? DX was never a shooter in the same way UT was, and wasn't as single-minded about stealth in the same way Thief was.

You may have focused on entirely the wrong thing about that argument... ;)

thedosbox
11th Dec 2010, 04:48
You may have focused on entirely the wrong thing about that argument... ;)

That was a deliberate choice ;)

GioChrono
15th Dec 2010, 01:10
I have pre-ordered the Augmented Edition as I am a huge DX fan and a geek and want the soundtrack even though the trailer music sounded an aweful lot like the freedom fighters track from 2 step from hell that was used for the Star Trek trailer, it's almost the same so don't know if that was a collaboration or if it just got totally copied but the result is cool nonetheless.

I do feel that the trailers focuss heavily on action, and most of the trailers and game content shown is very combat-centric. Perhaps this is just becuase action is a more interesting thing to include for promotional purposes for the mainstream audience as hard-core DX fans who do research and now the game hope and expect it to be much much more than the simply choice of killing everyone slowly or very loudly. In this day and age it is unlikely a game will ever get the time a love and full on intellectual geek treatment the original got but hopefully this version can come close to it and surpass it in terms of creating the atmosphere of being part of the world it creates due to the many advancements in visuals now available.

I was a bit worried when I first saw the two different versions of DX:HM that were first mentioned with the option of sniper rifle and shot gun etc and particularly the 10k credits as I thought that they were perhaps unfair bonuses that mean those who spend more money can spend less time earning those credits even if it is through what was essentially in-game theft in most cases.
However one other view on this is you have choice in the version of the game as you have choice in the game to augment and improve/upgrade yourself through payment. Those who spend more to get the augmented version are treated to more credits and extra weapons which in some ways reflects the better off being able to afford augs in the DX world. Or just a great way to make more money out of the game of us long-term fans but anyway I have made my choice...I choose Augmented.

G+

Gio

raz3r
15th Dec 2010, 08:18
Augmented Edition ofcourse, I am waiting for Gamestop to open preorders here in Italy (for AE edition I mean) then I will buy the game :D Any word about Steam yet?

BigBoss
9th Feb 2011, 08:23
Tried looking for the thread where people were complaining about the collectors edition, but couldn't find it.

Eidos, this has got to be one of the coolest CE's I've seen in a long time

http://www.amazon.com/Witcher-2-Assassins-Kings-Collectors-Pc/dp/B004CQRCF4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297239402&sr=8-2

It's not too late! Pleeeeeeeeease do something this awesome!

Can you guys think of any cool one you've seen recently?

ZakKa89
9th Feb 2011, 08:45
I'd rather pay 10 bucks more for something I actually like (making of dvd, motion comic, artbook, etcetera) Than paying 130 dollars for (in my opinion) so much useless stuff. It's a pretty cool though CE though. I am happy with the augmented edition, and I am glad they didn't go down the same path as starcraft 2 and the witcher 2. Way too expensive for me.

BigBoss
9th Feb 2011, 08:51
I didn't say their CE is bad (I have it pre ordered) I think it's great! I'm just hoping that they put what they have, and offer it with more stuff as well like what cod does or now halo. Only not ****ty stuff like 60$ more for a remote controlled car.......total fail

Irate_Iguana
9th Feb 2011, 08:58
Wikipedia actually has a List of video game collector and limited editions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_collector_and_limited_editions). There's some pretty cool stuff in some of those things.

Senka
9th Feb 2011, 09:42
Knew this would be about the Witcher collectors.

Wuv woo Geralt.

Kodaemon
9th Feb 2011, 10:02
I'd rather pay 10 bucks more for something I actually like (making of dvd, motion comic, artbook, etcetera) Than paying 130 dollars for (in my opinion) so much useless stuff. It's a pretty cool though CE though. I am happy with the augmented edition, and I am glad they didn't go down the same path as starcraft 2 and the witcher 2. Way too expensive for me.

Keep in mind that The Witcher 2 regular edition has more stuff than a good few collector's editions :cool:

Geralt z Rivii
9th Feb 2011, 10:24
Keep in mind that The Witcher 2 regular edition has more stuff than a good few collector's editions :cool:
And DRM-free :cool:

VectorM
9th Feb 2011, 10:48
What exactly is so special about this particular Special Edition? Art book, soundtrack DVDs, a map, OMG A GERALT BUST, etc. Almost everything in this package is standart these days.

Only not ty stuff like 60$ more for a remote controlled car

Who the hell did that?! And I would prefer this than some creepy bust, thank you very much.

Senka
9th Feb 2011, 11:01
Going by your avatar you should know :P

K^2
9th Feb 2011, 11:38
The bust is a bit over the top, isn't it? I mean, it'd look great on a fireplace next to the bust of Lenin, but I'm afraid my apartment manager will not be happy if I try to build a fireplace in here. Then again, you never know when you'll need a murder weapon and an insanity defense all in one heavy object. "But your honor, the Witcher told me to kill that hooker." First game in mind, that might actually be what they are going for.

Kodaemon
9th Feb 2011, 11:46
it'd look great on a fireplace next to the bust of Lenin

There's a humorous song by polish band Elektryczne Gitary titled "Głowy Lenina znad pianina", "Lenin's heads from atop the piano" and I've already seen puns about "Głowa Wiedźmina znad Pianina", "The Witcher's head from atop the piano" :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Feb 2011, 11:53
Tried looking for the thread where people were complaining about the collectors edition, but couldn't find it...

The original discussion thread can be found in the "Check Here/Navigation Thread" pinned to top of board. The other existing thread was this poll, so I've merged for you. :)

VectorM
9th Feb 2011, 11:59

My avatar doesn't stay in my room, thank you very much :p

ranmafan
9th Feb 2011, 12:17
Augmented Edition, definitely.

1) Love the character and costume design - the Artbook is a plus.
2) Love the music. (well, the trailer music. Let's hope the rest of it is just as good!) The last game whose OST I wanted was AC2, and that thing was half again the price of the game WITHOUT shipping (not living in the US/Canada).
3) Extra weapons? The options are nice to have for a full-on 'kill everything' playthrough.
4) An extra mission? More good times spent with DE.

Hell. For everything they've thrown in, $10 (closer to $13 local currency after conversion) sounds like a steal.

ZakKa89
9th Feb 2011, 12:33
Who the hell did that?! And I would prefer this than some creepy bust, thank you very much.

My avatar doesn't stay in my room, thank you very much :p

it's black ops ;)

AxiomaticBadger
9th Feb 2011, 12:51
Anyone else ordered the AE simply because it includes the soundtrack?

Neuromancer07
9th Feb 2011, 13:22
Just pre-ordered the Augmented Edition for the PC earlier today... now, what about that release date?

BigBoss
9th Feb 2011, 18:07
Anyone else ordered the AE simply because it includes the soundtrack?

Yes

What exactly is so special about this particular Special Edition? Art book, soundtrack DVDs, a map, OMG A GERALT BUST, etc. Almost everything in this package is standart these days.

True, but most games don't have all of those things at once. This thing has literally taken an idea from every good CE out there, but i'll admit....the only thing I don't care for out of the 20 things included would be that weird head.

Shralla
9th Feb 2011, 19:06
Reading over the Augmented Edition, I'm kind of put off by the fact that it seems the making-of, motion comic, and soundtrack all come on one DVD, which means no nice separate soundtrack disc.

uberajnn
9th Feb 2011, 19:48
I got the AE for from game.uk for 30 GBP. Come on, it's like the price of two hamburgers.

MrFoxter
9th Feb 2011, 22:13
I got the AE for from game.uk for 30 GBP. Come on, it's like the price of two hamburgers.

Two hamburgers? It costs 12 hamburgers here. And one hamburger is so expensive, that you can nearly have a lunch for the same price. New games are awfully expensive here :(

BigBoss
9th Feb 2011, 23:53
Reading over the Augmented Edition, I'm kind of put off by the fact that it seems the making-of, motion comic, and soundtrack all come on one DVD, which means no nice separate soundtrack disc.

Why does that matter? It'll probably still have a cool cover, and you can still just play it in the car or your walkman, if you're still living in the 90's

uberajnn
10th Feb 2011, 00:10
Two hamburgers? It costs 12 hamburgers here. And one hamburger is so expensive, that you can nearly have a lunch for the same price. New games are awfully expensive here :(

Yup, ~14 GBP will get you a 200g cheeseburger with fries and a can of coke. One of the local pizzerias here charge 33 BGP for a pizza. :D Eating out is expensive in Norway. Granted, you can find cheaper places.

Never bothered with Special Editions before, but they suckered me with the extra mission and stuff. Probably sucks anyway, but that wouldn't bother me too much. The AE (PC) would cost me something like 63-73 BGP retail, so I'm pleased with the deal I got. It's like when Steam used US currency.

Hope the game is out April/May.

FrankCSIS
10th Feb 2011, 02:47
Funny. You can get a decent burger with fries and cola for roughly 9$, but a game usually starts at 69$. Then again, 12 years ago you could get a burger with fries for about 5$, and games would average around 85$.

BigBoss
10th Feb 2011, 03:02
why are people talking about hamburgers.......

FrankCSIS
10th Feb 2011, 03:22
The Big Mac Index, I s'pose.

Shralla
10th Feb 2011, 04:09
Why does that matter? It'll probably still have a cool cover, and you can still just play it in the car or your walkman, if you're still living in the 90's

I must have missed the part where you can play a DVD that contains both music and data on a CD player.

BigBoss
10th Feb 2011, 05:29
My bad. Burn it onto your computer, then an ipod.

TrickyVein
10th Feb 2011, 05:35
Nice new discussion.

We were running into a bit of a dry spell there.

GamerSam
10th Feb 2011, 06:00
Well as a consumer, a gamer and probably becoming fan after this game.
If i'm interested a game, i want the whole entertainment value out of it--if it means getting the uber-edition. Then, so bit it. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of those game.

I also voted for AE.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Feb 2011, 09:19
It's an obvious win for Augment Me, Baby! :thumb:

Shralla
10th Feb 2011, 18:11
My bad. Burn it onto your computer, then an ipod.

Well obviously I can do that. But it's hardly the same thing as having a nice separate CD with its own artwork that I can put in my player if I want to listen to it in full fidelity, but don't want to clog up my 30GB MP3 player with 320+ kb/s bitrate. I'm already running out of room as it stands, and the vast majority of my music is 128kb/s.

CDs are so cheap, why NOT give us a separate one for the soundtrack?

wilm987
10th Feb 2011, 18:35
Regular - I don't give a damn about the extra contents (except for the bonus mission, but that should be in the regular game and i'm not paying 10$ for a mission). I am a huge fan of deus ex btw.

BigBoss
11th Feb 2011, 02:19
Well obviously I can do that. But it's hardly the same thing as having a nice separate CD with its own artwork that I can put in my player if I want to listen to it in full fidelity, but don't want to clog up my 30GB MP3 player with 320+ kb/s bitrate. I'm already running out of room as it stands, and the vast majority of my music is 128kb/s.

CDs are so cheap, why NOT give us a separate one for the soundtrack?

Ah the old "shiny disc" argument. I sometimes feel that way too

ronnieronb73
11th Feb 2011, 20:18
Getting the Augmented Edition since I get a 15% discount anyway.

vallux
12th Feb 2011, 13:43
Speaking of Limited/Special editions. Duke Nukem Forever will get the "Balls of Steel" version. Kinda saw that one coming.

BigBoss
12th Feb 2011, 20:03
^ Is that true?

pha
12th Feb 2011, 20:12
Apparently yes.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003O6E8UA/amazon0b53-20/

BigBoss
12th Feb 2011, 20:21
Wow, that must have come out like today. That's one game where it might actually be cool to get the statue for. Kinda disappointed that it didn't actually include any balls of steel in the balls of steel edition.

MrFoxter
12th Feb 2011, 22:45
I'm kinda disappointed that DX doesn't actually include any Augmentations in the Augmented Edition.

BigBoss
13th Feb 2011, 00:49
Looking at the picture in zoom, that certificate says "of 2000". It will be reeeeeeeeeeally ****ty of them if there aren't only 2000.

Dunecat
13th Feb 2011, 11:58
Naturally, AUGMENT ME, BABY!

Senka
14th Feb 2011, 07:10
Looking at the picture in zoom, that certificate says "of 2000". It will be reeeeeeeeeeally ****ty of them if there aren't only 2000.

2000 per region perhaps

unimatrix_01
15th Feb 2011, 14:28
Hello,

here in Germany I can only pre-order the "Limited Edition". Now I read there's an "Augmented Edition" too!? :nut: Please can anybody tell me, if there's a difference between these two Editions? Thanks a lot. :thumb:

Greetings,
Ralph

ZakKa89
15th Feb 2011, 14:49
Hi Ralph
There is only 1 edition in Europe. Don't worry the limited edition means the augmented edition. Some gameretailers name it limited edition on their site because they are used to that name.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Feb 2011, 10:34
Also, unimatrix_01, check first post/first page of this thread for a summary of Q&As. :)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115011

sackyhack
18th Feb 2011, 18:41
I originally preorded the regular edition, since I don't really care about extra knickknacks if they're not in-game, but the packaging and artbook with this one look so classy that it was worth the extra $10 for me.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Feb 2011, 20:16
Yeah, really looking forward to flicking through that art book. :)

mabym
20th Feb 2011, 13:54
I would run a marathon, if I got just the DVD, the art book or the Motion Graphic Novel... one of them :)
I think there are the hardcore gamers, who are satisfied with the regular game, and they enjoy all that is written in the artbook. And certainly, the extra guns or quest :) The most player are that kind of player, aren't they?
But I'm crazy about these "how it's made" things, so I'm sad a bit why we can't buy the AE here. I see here are also some curious man :)
And there are the collectors, who try to obtain special relics. Are there more kind? :D

pumpkin13
20th Feb 2011, 23:34
Pre-ordered my Augmented Edition today. Big fan of game concept art books. Also couldn't decide on the DLC... so went for both! Never know that shotgun might come in useful...

Reven
20th Feb 2011, 23:40
I have an augmented addition coming my way since my preorder in november. but iam a little confused about the collectors addition whats it got im not getting with the augmented addition ?.

Srosa
20th Feb 2011, 23:57
I have an augmented addition coming my way since my preorder in november. but iam a little confused about the collectors addition whats it got im not getting with the augmented addition ?.

This is what you get if you live in the UK or Australia:

1. Deus Ex : Human Revolution Game Disc

2. Bonus Disc including:

A 44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team
Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation
Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann
E3 Trailer and animated storyboard

3. Exclusive 40-page Artbook

Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution

4-7. Explosive Mission Pack

Exclusive mission: Tong's Rescue
Multi-shot Grenade Launcher
Remote-Detonated Explosive Device
Automatic Unlocking Device

8-9. Tactical Enhancement Pack

Double-barrel Shotgun
Silenced Sniper Rifle
10,000 extra credits

LALULILELO
15th May 2011, 17:55
hallo guys,

do somebody know if the comic will be complete as a GN on the CE, or just 1 issue?

McFlabbergasty
18th May 2011, 17:45
Well I don't care enough about the extra soundtrack, art, etc. to lay down ten bucks. But then I'll be missing out on a few sweet guns.

Meh. I'll live with it. Regular edition for this cheapskate!

Knightshade
18th May 2011, 20:30
I was always going to get the augmented edition but then the CE turned up, and I've preordered that. I don't normally mess around with CEs but this is one game I've been looking forward to for a long time. So, I don't mind shelling out a bit more for something that helps make the wait a little more rewarding, for me personally.

EricaLeeV
19th May 2011, 02:54
Even though the artbook is probably going to be tiny I still want to see some of the concepts behind the characters and designs of this game. Though, as I stated before, I would definitely get behind a hard-cover release of an actual meaty artbook.

The soundtrack sounds amazing so far and having some tracks from the game would be so nice.

A motion comic? Well I am collecting the other version of this DXHR comic so a motion version should be interesting. Even more so if the voice-actors from the game are doing the voice work in this comic.

LALULILELO
19th May 2011, 16:47
my concern for the CE it just for the BIG games .-or who is for me big :)

Hope we get a demo,a GOOD idea is also more info for the Console version ( Leastwise ) :/

EricaLeeV
19th May 2011, 18:07
^ I would say most of the information about specific platforms has been for the console versions. You just have to look, the information is everywhere. There are several news sites, interviews, podcasts...

Everyone around here has been aching to hear more about the PC version.

jcd3nt0n
19th May 2011, 18:16
I bought the augmented edition on steam for 53,99 but i dont know if it comes with the explosive mission pack or the tactical enhancement pack. It just says:

- Free, giftable copy of Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition to play right now;

- Exclusive 40-page Artbook - Showcasing the concepts behind the world of 2027. Discover the origins of the design, the characters and the weapons of Deus Ex: Human Revolution;

- 44-minute making-of chronicling the trials and tribulations of the Eidos-Montreal team;

- Motion comic based on the first issue of the DC Comics adaptation;

- Game soundtrack composed by Michael McCann;

- E3 Trailer and animated storyboard;

MrFoxter
19th May 2011, 19:53
I bought the augmented edition on steam for 53,99 but i dont know if it comes with the explosive mission pack or the tactical enhancement pack. It just says:

You guys from Brasil don't have many options, do you?

Poison_Berrie
19th May 2011, 22:26
Still not sure whether I want to take the retail or Steam Augmented edition.
On one hand I'm more interested in those extra digitally, but the supposed lack of the DLC mission on Steam makes me consider buying retail for the first time in years.

LALULILELO
20th May 2011, 19:09
i know erica :) but still they have more /specificinfo for the pc,like this http://www.neoseeker.com/news/15246-deus-ex-human-revolution-has-improved-ai-on-pc/

guess same for the console?

EricaLeeV
21st May 2011, 01:04
^Really if you want any info for the console just look at most all screenshots. Listen to most previews they often say the buttons they use for the Playstation controllers and Xbox360 controllers. Though if it is a good development team you can bet the console version will be almost the same as it's PC counterpart. Except of course the PC version should be slightly superior (in graphics, performance, AI, and other minor things like that) simply because of the plausible hardware it can run. Watch any gameplay feed out there and it is most certainly run on a PS3 or Xbox360. The eight minute multipath gameplay walkthrough (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sarif-exterior-deus-ex/711971) for instance is run on a PS3 and shows the button commands everywhere.

At least I assume the button commands are what you are asking about because otherwise just look at the trailers for the console's performance, I think.

mentalkase
21st May 2011, 01:25
This game will possibly be the only collector's edition (augmented edition) i'll ever get. I don't feel the need to get extraneous crap with most games, but I want them with this one as a keepsake. I don't like extra in-game content though and i'll probably only use the sniper rifle.

AlexOfSpades
21st May 2011, 01:29
You guys from Brasil don't have many options, do you?

Nope.

LALULILELO
21st May 2011, 16:39
loool i dont think that is a IA difference between console and PC/That would be a HUGE Marketing damage ;)

II J0SePh X II
21st May 2011, 17:35
http://img.game.co.uk/images/content/SpecialEditions/DarkSoulsLimitedEditionX360.jpg

...that's what namco-bandai give you for merely pre-ordering - @£39.99 that's a no-brainer

Vorru
21st May 2011, 18:55
I'd preorder the augmented edition, but I can't, not anymore that is.
I had my copy preordered, but I just received a cancellation note informing me that "the title is no longer available".

My only choice would be to preorder the aug.ed. from Steam, but it's just not the same without the physical copies of the extras. And possibly without the DLC.

So I guess it's standard edition for me. What a shame.

It's really nice living in Finland...

JCpies
21st May 2011, 19:13
I had my copy preordered, but I just received a cancellation note informing me that "the title is no longer available".

My only choice would be to preorder the aug.ed. from Steam, but it's just not the same without the physical copies of the extras. And possibly without the DLC.

That sucks bro.

AlexOfSpades
21st May 2011, 19:37

Well, you still have the pretty blondes, the salmiakki, glögi and those ugly sami reindeer shoes.

Oh, and those awesome government programs that give you money if you're unemployed and an apartment for university students.

Meanwhile, here in Brazil we have nothing like that, plus corruption, gang wars, ugly chicks and STILL we have no DXHR.

So, yes, believe me, IT IS really nice to be living in Finland.

vallux
21st May 2011, 19:45
Yup, it ain't free though. The provided services are awesome most of the time, but Finns pay taxes...a lot.

No politics though.

LALULILELO
25th May 2011, 01:43
varru, i dunno what exactly your problem is,w did u pre order first the console CE,guess from finnland .- am i right pre order from the UK or GERMANY

Rainhands
25th May 2011, 01:45
Does the 'limited' edition contain both preorder packs? If not what is contained in the limited version?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Huma...6287378&sr=8-9

mentalkase
25th May 2011, 04:25
Meanwhile, here in Brazil ... ugly chicks

I have been GROSSLY misinformed about Brazil.

vallux
25th May 2011, 06:17
I have been GROSSLY misinformed about Brazil.

This.

Rainhands
25th May 2011, 13:12
On this forum they have discussed the Augmented edition, Collectors Edition and the Regular Edition. There has been no mention of the Limited Edition. I would like to know if the Limited Edition contains both preorder packs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Limited/dp/B004XH7HFC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1306328989&sr=8-7

LALULILELO
15th Jun 2011, 18:13
i feel sorry for u guys, hope u can buy at least the standart edition

ZakKa89
15th Jun 2011, 18:30
On this forum they have discussed the Augmented edition, Collectors Edition and the Regular Edition. There has been no mention of the Limited Edition. I would like to know if the Limited Edition contains both preorder packs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Limited/dp/B004XH7HFC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1306328989&sr=8-7

As far as I know there is no such thing as a limited edition. If a retailer states 'limited edition' it's probably just the augmented edition.

Nolerhn
16th Jun 2011, 00:59
If the augmented edition came with both pre-order packs, I would get it (I live in the U.S.), but since it does not, I pre-ordered the standard edition at Gamestop.

sjvan0
16th Jun 2011, 08:27

According to this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1617085&postcount=1879) it's just the regular edition with the "Explosive Mission Pack" included.

Anyway, I got the Collector's edition. Yes, it costs an extra AU$50 compared to the AE at retail, and an eye-watering AU$100 extra compared to the AE on Steam, but that figure looks gorgeous, and I'm a sucker for artsy boxes (and HR's is one of the artsiest I've seen). Although besides Skyrim it's not like I'll be getting anything else at release this year.

Charadesmith
16th Jun 2011, 08:35
I pre-ordered the Augmented edition. I'd even buy the Collector's one if it wasn't so damn expensive : <

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Jun 2011, 08:40
^
The Play Arts figures retail for about £59 each, so the Collectors Edition isn't really any more expensive if you intend to buy the figure in any case.

Tycho
16th Jun 2011, 08:46
I also preordered the Collectors Edition for like 100€ (140$US)

Can't really believe I am willing to pay this much for a game, but it is Deus Ex and the box art is soo awesome!

cya
Tycho

justalookinggl
16th Jun 2011, 09:17
Well i usually tend to buy normal version as what i care about is the actual game.If eventually a "game of a year edition " gets released that is updated with the various patches that got released and includes any bonus or buy-able expansion packs i tend to buy them too if i can afford them at the time.(As i did with the oblivion and fallout 3 game of the year versions...).
Now about deus ex hr i probably buy the augmented edition- For having the soundtrack and art book and not really for the extra weapons as i feel they may spoil my first play through.
I feel the extra mission should have been included on all versions of the game,unless they made something really special that is outside the confines of the game.(references to the other future game etc...)

And about the collectors edition...That figure is sweet but i would prefer something more interesting and..."WOW" for the difference in price.For example a small metallic remote control robot of the cube sentry robot would have been cool as hell....

sjvan0
16th Jun 2011, 09:37
^
The Play Arts figures retail for about £59 each, so the Collectors Edition isn't really any more expensive if you intend to buy the figure in any case.

£59? I take it you meant $59? Because most online places have him for ~US$45, and £59 works out to around US$95.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Jun 2011, 10:00
£59 is quoted on iconiccollectables.com... but I'm sure this price can be challenged. :)

http://www.iconiccollectables.com/store/toys/gaming-figures/deus-ex/deus-ex-adam-jensen-play-arts-kai-9-action-figure/

sjvan0
16th Jun 2011, 10:31
£59 is quoted on iconiccollectables.com... but I'm sure this price can be challenged. :)

http://www.iconiccollectables.com/store/toys/gaming-figures/deus-ex/deus-ex-adam-jensen-play-arts-kai-9-action-figure/
I was wondering why on earth they'd charge that much, but when I added shipping costs to the ~$45 websites, it pretty much doubled the price (this (http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.aspx?sid=1RJL1NJLTSM111I&nItemID=104909&nJustAddedID=104909&nAddedType=1) is the best I could find, only $26 shipping instead of $40), so I guess £59 isn't that far off. My apologies.

Makes me feel a lot better about that AU$50 premium I'm paying for my CE compared to the AE.

Charadesmith
16th Jun 2011, 14:17
^

I don't... I wish they had chosen something different instead of the figure, maybe then it would have been slightly cheaper and also better (imo).

JCpies
16th Jun 2011, 15:40
They should've made a boxguard figure, or plamo, I'd enjoy building and customising my own Boxguard.

Ashpolt
16th Jun 2011, 16:03
They should've made a boxguard figure, or plamo, I'd enjoy building and customising my own Boxguard.

If they released a transforming boxguard figure....mmm....

>spongebobreachingintowallet.jpg

KingNL
17th Jun 2011, 03:03
Why can't I vote for the collectors edition?

Rindill the Red
17th Jun 2011, 03:29
If they released a transforming boxguard figure....mmm....

>spongebobreachingintowallet.jpg

I'd totally go for one of those.

DirtSpider
17th Jun 2011, 06:09
I'm getting it Augmented from game.co.uk for the PC because I want all the extra stuff and the US versions don't give you both. I think I might also get it for PS3 and just get the normal US version from gamestop. I know it's weird to get two versions but this is in my top three favorite games of all time! I really want to play in and compare also.

simonm
22nd Jun 2011, 12:55
I just ordered the collector's edition. Now I'm really starting to get excited! I'm looking forward to a really engrossing game and to playing along with my Adam Jensen figure on the desk! Here's hoping it can live up to expectations!

I was actually really impressed with the EB Games online store, which lets you choose to pick it up from any of their physical stores on release day! This saves me having to mess about with couriers...

IdiotInAJeep
23rd Jun 2011, 05:57
New Zealand strong here. Preordering the Collectors Edition from EB Games, I love having lots of useless gimmicky addons and figurines. The game has exceeded my expectations in a lot of ways and I can't wait to do my cyber ninja playthrough.

Darkndskys
4th Aug 2011, 12:15

Chances are... yes.

Well I didnt hear about any preorder content when i went to pre order in Febuary so the chances are that it will contain the content... and if not we will politely ask them to fix it :)

Dr.Poca
4th Aug 2011, 16:36
Going for the Augmented because it offers a lot of extras for the same price as a standard new game. Excellent deal

Riddik116
4th Aug 2011, 16:46
Regular for me since ill need the extra $10 for all the other awesome games coming out at the end of the year (BatmanAC, Skyrim, Dark Souls are the other 3 games im gettin before the year is over and maybe dead island depending on how it does).

cartridge
4th Aug 2011, 16:50
My awesome girlfriend tells me I'm getting the Collector's Edition. Early B-day present. :D

iloveyouXWORLD
4th Aug 2011, 17:01
my awesome girlfriend bought me a new xbox for my birthday. i win. i should really appreciate her more.....

KingNL
4th Aug 2011, 17:13
My awesome girlfriend I just dumped yesterday

I guess I can't expect a collectors edition from her then :(

iloveyouXWORLD
4th Aug 2011, 20:42

what a shame.....well at least youve got freedom :thumb:

tZer
4th Aug 2011, 23:43

Should have waited some more weeks?

Snake04
6th Aug 2011, 21:08
Pre ordered the regular on ps3 hopefully with the dlc my supplier can't get the collectors or the augmented which sucks

auric
6th Aug 2011, 21:21
I was getting the Collector's Edition but because they didn't produce enough I was drop out from it to Augmented Edition.

Was to be my first Collector's Ed. :(

oh well. I just hope that after all this months before the drop to Augment
That they don't suddenly call & say, no Augment too.

If that happens, they should give me free Standard one or at most $10.

Jamesie_Payne91
7th Aug 2011, 10:19
I'm getting the Augmented edition for my birthday from the girlfriend, shes making me wait the full 4 days after release for it too -_-. Can't wait to get that sexy box in my game collection. Find it awesome how the UK get both pre-order bonuses, shame the States only get one depending where order from (order from GAME or SHOPTO and you should get our edition).

nakedhand
11th Aug 2011, 17:01
Augmented here, placed a pre order for two yesterday at gamestops physical store in Copenhagen. Whisperhead and Soundtrack were the deal breakers, plus a $20 discount on the preorder, so I only had to pay $80 pr. game.

Mackhine
11th Aug 2011, 23:02
Pre-ordered the Augmented edition. I don't usually pre-order games, but because I'm a Square-Enix website member, I get double points for pre-ordering. (http://member.square-enix.com/na/features/deusex/) It's a nice incentive.

zorb69
12th Aug 2011, 02:08
Had the CE pre-ordered but it got cancelled. Agreed to the Augmented Edition for $20 discount.

Jordasm
12th Aug 2011, 10:17
Went to a store in the UK, asked if they had the augmented edition, they said yes, then asked if they had the collectors, they said yeah it was £40 and showed it me. pre-ordered, and already paid for. Someone is definitely getting fired! There's not a chance the collectors is £40!

Zoet
12th Aug 2011, 10:53
Went to a store in the UK, asked if they had the augmented edition, they said yes, then asked if they had the collectors, they said yeah it was £40 and showed it me. pre-ordered, and already paid for. Someone is definitely getting fired! There's not a chance the collectors is £40!

Lucky you! isn't that supposed to be closer to £100? its £99.85 on Zavvi....

ElitesamuraI26
12th Aug 2011, 11:30
I've already pre-ordered my Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augment Edition on STEAM.