PDA

View Full Version : Catcher Chocobo Race bugged

Slaughterthepig
2nd Apr 2014, 18:10
It always seems to be on the remiem temple chocobo race the opponent is faster than you and the controls are horrible why is this?

Sargoth
10th Apr 2014, 17:55
Sometimes when I press any direction the chocobo turns in the opposite direction.
The controls on a ps3 wireless is less accurate than the ones on the PS2. I've checked
The Ballons seems to have random hitboxes. Sometimes running straight through them.
Sometimes the camera will dictate where the chocobo runs, taking control away from the player.
Sometimes the birds have no hitboxes and the chocobo runs straight through them.

This race is highly based on random events of the ballons, taking control away from the player and bases the race on luck. this should be fixed.

The race circuit should be clearly marked, so the player does not run into invisible walls.

This mini game should be revised, along with the other chocobo races.

WickedSeraph
11th Apr 2014, 03:31
Just wait til you start playing blitzball and you realize they programmed it so the AI gets favored by the RNG mechanics. Such a waste of money. They pushed this back on us by 4 months when they swore winter 2013 . Only to have a bunch of stupid frustrating bugs. So done with Square Enix til they remake FF 7. The past 5 games they have released have been a huge ripoff and let down.

alanman178
12th Apr 2014, 01:00
I haven't had any trouble with the remaster. I've actually enjoyed it. But, as I played through the game, I kept thinking about how much I'd prefer to be playing a remake of FF7, or even FF8. Lots of work has been done 'around' FF7 over the years. I think we'll see a remake soon.

A remaster of FF10 is a good thing, IMO. It's a good start.

Sargoth
13th Apr 2014, 01:26
I've enjoyed it too. But these are the bugs I came over that needs to be addressed. There where known bugs in the PS2 versions which have been carried over into the remastered version. While not game braking, they should have been fixed. While the original was on PS2 and might have made it more difficult, today we have more advanced systems where games can actually be patched. Why this wasn't discovered or addressed during the development of the port, is beyond me, they certainly should be addressed now.

Airwic719
10th May 2014, 01:13
It takes a little bit of time to get used to, thats for sure. But i'ts not terrible. Just takes practice. :D

Kv9124
18th May 2014, 17:58
I literally just got 0:0.0 on ps3, got the achievement for getting 0:0.0, and was not presented with the sigil. This is some super BS that I expect SE to address and (hopefully) fix for me, because I didn't spend multiple hours on this excessively difficult mini game for the achievement without getting the sigil!!

dogmeet
25th May 2014, 17:02
I literally just got 0:0.0 on ps3, got the achievement for getting 0:0.0, and was not presented with the sigil. This is some super BS that I expect SE to address and (hopefully) fix for me, because I didn't spend multiple hours on this excessively difficult mini game for the achievement without getting the sigil!!

I've got FFX HD Remastered on my Vita. And I can't win in this race for 5 hours (then I off my Vita, but I also wanted to break it into a pieces), can't get Sun Sigil. I've got driver licence, 28, with normal reaction and I can't drive this chocobo! About ten years ago I win this race on my PS 2 with no diificulty! In conclusion, stick on vita and updownrightleft pointers are not the same as on Dualshock II, but smaller, much less comfortable. And the screen of Vita is small, it's hard to observe all those baloons and birds.

hermin
14th Jun 2014, 13:42
hey square,

can you please make the chocobo catcher easier? i have been wasting a lot of my time trying to get 0.0, then even though I got 0.0 I didnt even get the sun sigil! its really frustrating!!!

kanayda
27th Jun 2014, 13:04
SE could generate alot of $$$ from DLC , dont know why they dont just do it i dont mind paying for it, this mini game is a load of BS
i manage to completed it 12 years ago by luck, now i think its slightly harder its so damn frustrating i wanna DESTROY something !!!!!!!
arghhhhhhh !!!!!! **** you chocobo ........ lol