PDA

View Full Version : Color of Forum Member's Eyes poll

Sotsiak
2nd Dec 2010, 13:41
This is a very important poll that can help me on some research about gold, black and green lights, thank you.

TheYouthCounselor
2nd Dec 2010, 13:46
Have you asked the race or sexual orientation question yet?

Mindmute
2nd Dec 2010, 13:48
What if you have a different colour on each eye?
Or if your eye colour is a mesh of two different colours?

St. Mellow
2nd Dec 2010, 13:48
Just regular ol' brown.

Ilves
2nd Dec 2010, 13:50
Aww, not another anonymous poll... I'm such a curious bunny. :(

edit: Oh, and blue.

lithos
2nd Dec 2010, 13:51
I thought it would be a little late for Eidos to be collecting metrics.

Unless they're trying to surreptitiously build images of posters to hand out to their assassins in marketing.

mentalkase
2nd Dec 2010, 13:51
Well i'm left out of that poll since fuschia isn't an option.

xaduha
2nd Dec 2010, 13:52
Blood type poll, anyone?

Mindmute
2nd Dec 2010, 13:54
Meh, I guess I'll stay torn between two options since mine are neither really grey nor really blue. This inner conflict is tearing me apart, so you shall be sued for the psychological damage resulting from it! :rolleyes:

K^2
2nd Dec 2010, 14:04
Blood type poll, anyone?
Yeah, this board needs a poll with many positive replies. :thumb:

Mine are brown, but I'm a carrier for blue.

Ashpolt
2nd Dec 2010, 14:10
I have no eyes. Here in the dark, I don't need them.

WildcatPhoenix
2nd Dec 2010, 14:51
Awww, c'mon guys, I posted the age poll to build a better idea of the demographics of this forum. I'm not sure how eye color really affects people's opinions toward the original game or DXHR.

K^2
2nd Dec 2010, 15:24
Ah, but if you'll take a correlation between eye color and response to the gold filter, you'll learn many interesting things.

AlexOfSpades
2nd Dec 2010, 15:33
What about making a "Post a picture of yourself" thread.

This is getting funny.

Anyways i voted brown, although my eyes are deep black. Only if you point a flashlight to the side of it, it glows sliiiiightly brownish.

But yes, to most people, it is black as onyx. Matching my black haircolor, and pale white skin. (Before they make a haircolor and skincolor poll)

ZakKa89
2nd Dec 2010, 15:46
My eyes are augmented

TrickyVein
2nd Dec 2010, 15:49
K^2 just went there, and I support that kind of behavior.

I feel very strongly about my eye-color; I don't want to bait anybody.

Daracus
2nd Dec 2010, 18:25
My eyes are weird... one eye is dark brown the other is a light brown.

Cronstintein
2nd Dec 2010, 19:11
This thread is unlikely to devolve into pointless circular debates and thus has no place on this forum.
I banish thee!

(blue)

[FGS]Shadowrunner
2nd Dec 2010, 19:31
There are some fibbers on this forums for sure...

12.90% - GREEN

Well that is mighty interesting since the global average is somewhere between 1 and 2%, more than half eminating from Iceland. I should know, I'm one of the less than 2% on the planet with green eyes.

sonicsidewinder
2nd Dec 2010, 20:06
that information is classified.

Rindill the Red
2nd Dec 2010, 20:31
I've got blue-green eyes. Irish and German ancestors who've been in America a long time.

Serendip1ty
2nd Dec 2010, 20:34
Shadowrunner;1533326']There are some fibbers on this forums for sure...

12.90% - GREEN

Well that is mighty interesting since the global average is somewhere between 1 and 2%, more than half eminating from Iceland. I should know, I'm one of the less than 2% on the planet with green eyes.

That's still +- 13776414 people though!

(green)

[FGS]Shadowrunner
2nd Dec 2010, 21:11
I've got blue-green eyes. Irish and German ancestors who've been in America a long time.

Harley Filben and Anna Navarre, I heard...

handgriffsorgfaeltig
2nd Dec 2010, 21:34
Irish and German ancestors who've been in America a long time.

sounds perfect to me to start a serious brewing business in the new world...

TrickyVein
2nd Dec 2010, 22:17
Speaking of New World brews (http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/occassional-rarities/theobroma.htm)...

delicious

handgriffsorgfaeltig
2nd Dec 2010, 22:27
you would laugh, but i follow the dogfish tv series ... in the last weeks i cut down my alcohol consuption, to much work based on a driving licence ^^ ...so i havn't search vor their beers around here... but the last foreign beer i tested was thai ( chang), it was surprisingly good ^^

TrickyVein
2nd Dec 2010, 22:32
Everything dogfish head makes is good. Everything.

I have yet to try their 40th anniversary celebratory *****es Brew which commemorates, of course, Miles Davis's landmark recording of the same name. But it will be good.

cartridge
2nd Dec 2010, 22:37
Reddish brown.

handgriffsorgfaeltig
2nd Dec 2010, 22:43
cheers man ^^ i wish you a tasteful testing... i'm a protectionist of the 'Reinheitsgebot' and appreciate its value, but of course i'm very tolerant too ^^; in my opinion - i have ( at least) to try 'every' beer on this little planet...

Esnuk
2nd Dec 2010, 23:32
What is the purpose of all these surveys, anyway?

handgriffsorgfaeltig
2nd Dec 2010, 23:48
http://static.letsbuyit.com/filer/images/de/products/original/114/77/don-t-ask-don-t-tell-11477606.jpeg

St. Mellow
2nd Dec 2010, 23:49
It's just for fun, man. Sh**s & giggles. Chill out a bit.

ZakKa89
3rd Dec 2010, 00:15
;1533510']It's just for fun, man. Sh**s & giggles. Chill out a bit.

LIES the Illuminati is behind this!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Dec 2010, 17:37
This is a very important poll that can help me on some research about gold, black and green lights, thank you.

Voted 'hazel'.

So, what has this very important research uncovered? :)

Sotsiak
3rd Dec 2010, 21:16
Voted 'hazel'.

So, what has this very important research uncovered? :)

I'm afraid that's classified.

Now you need to post a pic of your eyes!

Fluffis
3rd Dec 2010, 21:20
Taupe with a hint of mauve, and iridescent cornea.

FrankGuy
3rd Dec 2010, 21:39
What if you have a different colour on each eye?
Or if your eye colour is a mesh of two different colours?

Long ago my girlfriend had a wonderful cat with different colored eyes, a friendly rather dog like personality and bright, clean, fluffy white hair that covered all of our clothes and furniture.

Now that my hair is not so perfectly white but covering my my own clothes and bathroom sink, I often complain about this to God in our private talks, pointing out the great job done on the cat and the rather boring job done on my own eye color and hair.

I don't know, it's nothing specific but she seems rather indifferent to my complaint somehow.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Dec 2010, 22:37
I'm afraid that's classified.
So, you're involved in some sort of conspiracy then? :eek:

Now you need to post a pic of your eyes!
I do? Why?
Already have anyway... :p

LostinTransplantation
4th Dec 2010, 21:47
that information is classified.
wikileaks

@OP my eyes are green and brown depending on the lighting situation. basically they're ACTUALLY mostly green but look brown most of the time. i voted brown cause i guess what people see 90 percent of the time matters more, but eye colors really aren't that simple. instead of joke categories like "red" (i'm sure half the albino registered on this site won't be offended) you should have offered common things like grey-blue, green-brown and green-blue.
also does the initiator of the poll know who answered what? because if you don't this is completely pointless and you should have just looked up a genuine statistic about eye colors.

AxiomaticBadger
4th Dec 2010, 22:01
I have an inner ring of grey surrounded by an outer ring of blue. If I wanted to be annoyingly pretentious, and I do, I would call them "stormcloud blue".
They be pretty. In a Manly way.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Dec 2010, 01:33
@OP my eyes are green and brown depending on the lighting situation. basically they're ACTUALLY mostly green but look brown most of the time. i voted brown...

Green-brown eyes are 'hazel'.

Jerion
5th Dec 2010, 01:42
Deep blue with streaks of white resembling lightning here and there.

K^2
5th Dec 2010, 01:48
No, green-brown is different from hazel. Hazel yes are uniformly hazel. With green-brown the iris is not uniformly colored. Usually the outer part is greener and the inner part is more brown. My girlfriend has that. The effect is that when iris is open it's one color, when it's closed, it's the other. So the person's eyes can look green or brown depending on lighting conditions. (I also have an ex with hazel eyes. Very different.)

Just for reference, this picture (http://i28.tinypic.com/dwudqg.png) shows green-brown iris pretty well. The outer part can be closer to hazel or to green depending on individual.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Dec 2010, 01:52
^ Hazel mostly consists of brown and green. That's what I was saying.
As LostinTransplantation said his eyes are green and brown, then the closest choice he could have made would be "hazel", and not brown. We are only talking in terms of this poll though and the options available - nobody's getting technical about the specifics involved.

Deep blue with streaks of white resembling lightning here and there.

Wow! I want to see these! :eek: :cool:

K^2
5th Dec 2010, 02:00
^ Hazel mostly consists of brown and green. That's what I was saying.
They look completely different. Maybe you just have to see it. For one, hazel always looks hazel. These actually go from completely green to completely brown depending on lighting conditions.

Spyhopping
5th Dec 2010, 02:00
Just for reference, this picture (http://i28.tinypic.com/dwudqg.png) shows green-brown iris pretty well. The outer part can be closer to hazel or to green depending on individual.

A really nice quality. Those look just like my boyfriends eyes, and I haven't seen him for a few weeks. Where are you keeping him?

Mine are just light blue.

El_Bel
5th Dec 2010, 02:02
Dark Hazel.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Dec 2010, 02:06
They look completely different. Maybe you just have to see it. For one, hazel always looks hazel. These actually go from completely green to completely brown depending on lighting conditions.

As I already mentioned, we're discussing the options of this particular poll. Nobody is denying that slight differences in colour would be known as something else. After all, there is also "amber"... but that choice isn't in the poll either.

Angel-A
5th Dec 2010, 02:09
What is the purpose of all these surveys, anyway?
Initiated by orders of Majestic-Twelve...

K^2
5th Dec 2010, 02:23
A really nice quality. Those look just like my boyfriends eyes, and I haven't seen him for a few weeks. Where are you keeping him?
Wait, you didn't get the ransom note demanding cookies? That should have been faxed 3 days ago.

FrankCSIS
5th Dec 2010, 06:30
That should have been faxed 3 days ago.

The bureaucrats you insist on hiring, K. Rotten rodents, all of them.

Deep brown, btw. Only one in the family without blue eyes. It's a bit odd, to say the least. I wonder how much blue I carry, and what the odds are.

Serendip1ty
5th Dec 2010, 08:28

I didn't think i would discuss eye color on a dx forum but whatever..

The definition of "hazel eyes" varies, for some people hazel eyes are brownish eyes with flecks but for alot of people hazel eyes are in fact eyes that appear to change color, depending on different lightning conditions. The inner ring of the iris being darker, brownish/goldish, while the outer ring is lighter, greenish.

So it's likely people will describe the pic you posted as an example of "hazel eyes". It's all how you interpret it.

K^2
5th Dec 2010, 19:07
Some people might do that, but they would be wrong. There is a genetic difference between the two, so eyes being hazel or not is an objective, rather than subjective statement.

Thasc
5th Dec 2010, 19:18
Grey eyes are best eyes.

SageSavage
5th Dec 2010, 19:31
I'd never thought I'd learn something from this utterly pointless thread but I stand corrected. I always thought hazel eyes means brown like a hazelnut. Turns out, I have hazel eyes myself (http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1926/foxyeye.jpg)? Kinda confusing.

Serendip1ty
6th Dec 2010, 02:41
Some people might do that, but they would be wrong. There is a genetic difference between the two, so eyes being hazel or not is an objective, rather than subjective statement.

They would be wrong in your point of view, yes, since you intepret hazel as just being brownish, nothing more. But this geneticist from Stanford University has a different interpretation on hazel eyes & sums up very clearly what the problem is defining it:

"So why don't we know more about the genetics of hazel eyes? Part of the reason comes from the difficulty of defining hazel. In other words, when is hazel actually brown? Or green?

People are working on coming up with ways to more precisely define these different eye colors. Hopefully they won't open up a whole new can of worms by giving us a bunch of new eye colors (brown-hazel, hazel, green-hazel, etc.)."

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=126

K^2
6th Dec 2010, 02:55
There can be a whole bunch of variations on hazel. Like whether the brown pigmentation is even or more concentrated in one place. But the fact is that hazel color is defined by light scattering through both brown and green pigments at different layers. That is defined by different genes and gives a completely different look compared to eyes where green and brown pigments are completely separated. In the hazel with more brown in the center, the "green" still looks hazel. In green-brown eyes, it looks emerald green, like pure green eyes do.

anunnaki
6th Dec 2010, 02:55
My eyes fluctuate between gray and a teal bluish green, sometimes they are just one of any of the above.

Serendip1ty
6th Dec 2010, 07:05
There can be a whole bunch of variations on hazel. Like whether the brown pigmentation is even or more concentrated in one place. But the fact is that hazel color is defined by light scattering through both brown and green pigments at different layers. That is defined by different genes and gives a completely different look compared to eyes where green and brown pigments are completely separated. In the hazel with more brown in the center, the "green" still looks hazel. In green-brown eyes, it looks emerald green, like pure green eyes do.

See what you did there? No doubt you are categorizing a color that most certainly exist but your interpretation of hazel eyes is more strictly than that of some other people. I'm not saying you are wrong though since the term "hazel eyes" isn't clearly defined!

Most green eyes tend to have a small amount of brown in them but when that brown starts to reach a certain level, people will start labeling them as being hazel eyes & they cannot be considered wrong for doing so!

MaxxQ1
6th Dec 2010, 07:32
I'm full of **** up to my eyeballs. Care to guess what color they are?

AlexOfSpades
6th Dec 2010, 07:38
Apparently we have as much green eyes as rainbow eyes.

What does that tells us...

K^2
6th Dec 2010, 07:57
I'm surprised we don't have more gray. They are supposed to outnumber green. Though, it might be the case of some grays trying to pass for blue, and some hazels for green. That would explain the numbers.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Dec 2010, 08:17
Apparently we have as much green eyes as rainbow eyes.
What does that tells us...
Rainbow eyes look good when you go clubbing. :D
But I love my hazel eyes most of all.

Revolverhawk
6th Dec 2010, 11:33

My eyes actually constantly change color over the years. My eyes will spend 2-3 years green, then 2-3 years hazel, then 2-3 years blue, then green again. The transition period between colors takes several months. It's thanks to some crazy mutant albino gene I got from one of my ancestors. I occasionally get flecks of yellow in my irises. My hair also changes color on a regular basis, from dark brown to brown to blond to brown.

Senka
6th Dec 2010, 11:40
If that is true that's pretty awesome. But this is the internet.........

Revolverhawk
6th Dec 2010, 11:47
If that is true that's pretty awesome. But this is the internet.........

I have no reason to lie about it. I actually thought it was normal when I was a kid...I thought everyone's eye/hair color changed occasionally. I was wierded out when I found out most people have the same eye color their entire lives.

K^2
6th Dec 2010, 12:07
Hair color is most likely due to sun exposure. Some people have a pigment that "burns out" under the sun over the period of several weeks. Their hair is usually dirty blond in the summers and brown in winters.

Eye color really shouldn't do that. A few changes over life time are possible, but frequent changes signal a pathology.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Dec 2010, 12:47
Eye color really shouldn't do that. A few changes over life time are possible, but frequent changes signal a pathology.

True. I'd seek medical advice if my eye colour was changing that much.

Revolverhawk
6th Dec 2010, 20:50
True. I'd seek medical advice if my eye colour was changing that much.

I guess I will have too, to see if this is something I should be concerned about. My mom told me it was just something that happened in our family to some people descended from an albino ancestor of mine. Never mentioned any problems with it other than a susceptability to sunburn.

Thasc
6th Dec 2010, 20:59
I'm surprised we don't have more gray. They are supposed to outnumber green. Though, it might be the case of some grays trying to pass for blue, and some hazels for green. That would explain the numbers.

Depends on the sample population. A sample taken exclusively from, say, a Scandinavian village will show very different trends compared to a sample taken worldwide. You can't assume we have a representative population on this forum. Not that I'm saying grey-eyed people hate DX, but you get my point. :p

FrankCSIS
7th Dec 2010, 01:54
Though, it might be the case of some grays trying to pass for blue, and some hazels for green. That would explain the numbers.

Having worked at the DMV for a year as a student, I could support this theory. Especially hazels to green.

LostinTransplantation
7th Dec 2010, 17:35
i'm not a native speaker, never heard that word used for anything else than: Hazelnuts http://myhouseforcoffee.com/store/images/hazelnut.jpg
(http://myhouseforcoffee.com/store/images/hazelnut.jpg)
I have yet to see a green hazelnut. Although, if I did I wouldn't eat it so what's the point.
Logically, hazel would have to mean something between light- and reddish brown, wouldn't it?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Dec 2010, 18:28
I have already explained this. My comment there is in relation to the (limited) poll options.
Someone said their eyes were a mixture of greens and browns, but that they had voted plain brown.
If their eyes are a mixture of these two colours, then 'hazel' was the more appropriate choice for this poll.

I'm not debating the ins and outs of "exact" colours/hues involved as they vary, but generally hazel eyes are described as having an inner ring of browns and outer ring of greens; but may also contain flashes of gold/amber. There is also straight "amber" eyes which is much more of a yellowish golden copper colour.

FYI, this picture shows someone with a plain brown eye and a hazel eye (heterochromia).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Heterochromia.jpg

and a cat with one blue and one green eye:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cat_Eyes.jpg

Quite striking.

LostinTransplantation
7th Dec 2010, 18:41
I have already explained this. My comment there is in relation to the (limited) poll options.
Someone said their eyes were a mixture of greens and browns, but that they had voted plain brown.
If their eyes are a mixture of these two colours, then 'hazel' was the more appropriate choice for this poll.

I'm not debating the ins and outs of "exact" colours/hues involved as they vary, but generally hazel eyes are described as having an inner ring of browns and outer ring of greens; but may also contain flashes of gold/amber. There is also straight "amber" eyes which is much more of a yellowish golden copper colour.

FYI, this picture shows someone with a plain brown eye and a hazel eye (heterochromia).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Heterochromia.jpg

and a cat with one blue and one green eye:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cat_Eyes.jpg

Quite striking.
yeah dude. that was me :wave: else i wouldn't have bothered contributing to this useless discussion. so it's hazel then, i fully respect the nonsensical naming conventions of eye colors in english. don't worry about it, too, in german we got some ridiculous stuff nesting in an otherwise close to absolutely logic language.

MaxxQ1
7th Dec 2010, 18:59
yeah dude.

Dudette, actually.

:wave: @ MI

BigBoss
7th Dec 2010, 19:04
I voted rainbow, because I don't understand why if this was actual research you would put stupid options for answers, or why you would do this on a videogame forum

Sotsiak
8th Dec 2010, 14:04
I voted rainbow, because I don't understand why if this was actual research you would put stupid options for answers, or why you would do this on a videogame forum

Think out of the box. :rolleyes:

Deus Ex Natura
17th Dec 2010, 01:57
Green here. :-)

DevlinGFS
13th Jan 2011, 00:51
No option for 'juicy'?? Suppose I'll plump for Hazel then.

Saerain
20th Jan 2011, 14:40
It's painful to see, whenever this topic comes up, how many people really believe that their eyes change color.

Next up: sugar makes kids hyper and bundle up or you'll catch a cold.

Rheinhold
20th Jan 2011, 16:16
To be honest, I have no idea what the option 'rainbow' means??? I've never seen folks with red/green/blue/yellow eyes...?

I guess my eye color is some sort of hazel, as it is not defined very strictly, if I have read the previous posts well enough. A thin brown rim lines my pupil, a thin blue rim borders my iris and there is grey in between... Funny enough, the bottom half of my iris resembles the flag of the country I come from. :)