PDA

View Full Version : Moving Bodies

bongalak
1st Dec 2010, 20:57
What do you guys think about Batman being able to move bodies? Like being able hide them so the sight of them won't alert the thugs, or move them to certain locations to lure other thugs in?

I'd personally like to have this in the game. It would add much versatility to stealth gameplay.

Nemesis296
1st Dec 2010, 21:08
What do you guys think about Batman being able to move bodies? Like being able hide them so the sight of them won't alert the thugs, or move them to certain locations to lure other thugs in?

I'd personally like to have this in the game. It would add much versatility to stealth gameplay.

:mad2: Ugh...for the millionth time. Batman is NOT Sam Fisher.

EDIT: Found my post...http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1476819#post1476819

TheBat
1st Dec 2010, 23:15

I like the idea. I mean who cares Sam Fisher is not the only one capable of moving a body, snake from metal gear is to. I would like to see Batman hold someone like he did in the Dark knight movie when he made a escape threw the window when the Airplane flew over head. Also in the Animated series he did something like that.

JackWinz
1st Dec 2010, 23:50
I want this so bad.

Nemesis296
1st Dec 2010, 23:59
Maybe the only way that I'd be up for this idea, is if you could tie enemies up in strangely obvious places. The animated series always shows Batman tying up his enemies and leaving them hung out to dry in some place that really freaks people out. So if you could put enemies in other places hanging from ceilings or ledges, I'd be all for that, but the idea of just moving the bodies around; just seems like it would be a lot of work to try and be stealthy about it. It works for Splinter Cell and MGS because those guys *have* to hide the bodies because they don't want to be found. Batman is kinda the opposite, he wants his enemies to know he's around, and he doesn't mind having his enemies run in fear all the time.

HA_laughingfish_HA
2nd Dec 2010, 00:17
Well he's in Arkham City already... what other alarms could go off?

thedarknight2016
2nd Dec 2010, 01:05
This could prove usefull.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
2nd Dec 2010, 04:22
Um why? When has batman ever needed to do so excluding extream cases

The Bat
2nd Dec 2010, 04:50
It can be a nice add on like someone said before where you can put them in a spot where everyone can see, which is shown in both the cartoons and movies. I don't think it's needed, but it WOULD be pretty nice to have it.

JD_Method
2nd Dec 2010, 10:19
I'm not fussed about dragging bodies. If it's just there as another ability that you don't have to use then I guess I wouldn't mind, but if at points during the story I HAD to drag bodies around, I just couldn't be bothered.

Nemesis296
2nd Dec 2010, 12:59
I'm not fussed about dragging bodies. If it's just there as another ability that you don't have to use then I guess I wouldn't mind, but if at points during the story I HAD to drag bodies around, I just couldn't be bothered.

That's a good point. If it's a gimmick added in for extra stealth capabilities, fine. If I'm forced to use it to complete the game that would be a drag.

JD_Method
2nd Dec 2010, 17:45
That's a good point. If it's a gimmick added in for extra stealth capabilities, fine. If I'm forced to use it to complete the game that would be a drag.

Nice pun. :D

batfan08
2nd Dec 2010, 22:47
I would like the option of stealth take downs that leave an enemy conscious.For example,you come upon a lone enemy with a gun,Batman comes up behind him,dislocates both shoulders and grabs him by the legs.Then drags him,screaming,into the darkness.This not only hides the body,but threatens other enemies in the vicinity,causing tension and carelessness.

mwkcope
3rd Dec 2010, 01:38
I would like the option of stealth take downs that leave an enemy conscious.For example,you come upon a lone enemy with a gun,Batman comes up behind him,dislocates both shoulders and grabs him by the legs.Then drags him,screaming,into the darkness.This not only hides the body,but threatens other enemies in the vicinity,causing tension and carelessness.
*Thug 2 falls over the railing*
Thug 2:"Batman...Batman...Batman...Batman...Batman..."
Thug 1::eek:

batfan08
3rd Dec 2010, 01:42
My point exactly cope.

3rd Dec 2010, 01:46

Thats not very stealthy

mwkcope
3rd Dec 2010, 01:47
My point exactly cope.

:thumb:

The Comedian
3rd Dec 2010, 02:44
:mad2: Ugh...for the millionth time. Batman is NOT Sam Fisher.

EDIT: Found my post...http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1476819#post1476819

http://i51.tinypic.com/ht8saq.gif

I agree.

batfan08
3rd Dec 2010, 03:26
@TrailerHunter When I said stealth,I was referring to sneaking up on that specific enemy.

3rd Dec 2010, 04:42
@TrailerHunter When I said stealth,I was referring to sneaking up on that specific enemy.

Batman doesnt sneak around, he hunts his prey ergo invisible predator

Joseph Kerstein
3rd Dec 2010, 05:20
Batman doesnt sneak around, he hunts his prey ergo invisible predator

Batman doesn't sneak or hunt - he is everywhere at once. :p

mwkcope
3rd Dec 2010, 22:38
Batman doesn't sneak or hunt - he is everywhere at once. :p

And at the same time,he is NOWHERE!!!:whistle:

Old_BenKenobi
4th Dec 2010, 05:07
Um why? When has batman ever needed to do so excluding extream cases

Moving a body so people don't find it and prematurely freak out isn't exactly an extreme case.

4th Dec 2010, 08:11
Moving a body so people don't find it and prematurely freak out isn't exactly an extreme case.

That is why Batman is quick enough so that no one will find the body

Old_BenKenobi
4th Dec 2010, 23:20
That is why Batman is quick enough so that no one will find the body

The only way people won't find a body is if its hidden... Its not about Batman being fast enough to take someone down without being noticed. Its about what happens after Batman takes them down. If their bodies are just left lying there it tells the other thugs that Batman is there, which might not always be desired.

Joseph Kerstein
4th Dec 2010, 23:40
"Damn it! I can punch Bane in the face, survive getting tossed around by Titan monsters, Titan Joker, and shot at, and can PUNCH THROUGH WALLS, but I can't move these unconscious thugs. Did Joker put lead in them or something? Wait... I can pick them up and throw them in combat.. but can't drag them? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!?! I'M BATMAN!!"

JD_Method
5th Dec 2010, 01:02
What's so fun about slowly dragging bodies around anyway? I don't understand. :scratch:

Joseph Kerstein
5th Dec 2010, 01:21
What's so fun about slowly dragging bodies around anyway? I don't understand. :scratch:

Who said Batman would "slowly" do it? Huh? Maybe he'll hoist them over his shoulder and RUN with them, eh? :rasp:

Imagine carrying the thug and then dropping him down on a cable in the middle of a group of thugs. Imagine how many bricks they'd crap if that happened. X3

Doat1
5th Dec 2010, 01:25
No this is not batman's style, if you remove a body and nobody knows about it then that won't help him instill fear into his enemies. If he knocks someone out and leaves the body there then once the other patrolling thugs come across it, they will tell the others and they will be scared then when batman takes them out one by one the fear builds up even more.

So, in my opinion having the ability to move bodies is not what batman is about and would work against him. This isn't metal gear solid where you need to be undetected, Batman wants to be known he wants the enemy to know he is there and waiting to take them out.

Joseph Kerstein
5th Dec 2010, 01:40
No this is not batman's style, if you remove a body and nobody knows about it then that won't help him instill fear into his enemies. If he knocks someone out and leaves the body there then once the other patrolling thugs come across it, they will tell the others and they will be scared then when batman takes them out one by one the fear builds up even more.

So, in my opinion having the ability to move bodies is not what batman is about and would work against him. This isn't metal gear solid where you need to be undetected, Batman wants to be known he wants the enemy to know he is there and waiting to take them out.

Tell this to Gordon, or Dr. Young, or that guard that Zsasz was frying, or... It IS Batman's style to stay undetected if LIVES are at stake. That's the point. Besides, I just gave an example of how moving a body could HELP with freaking them out more. Recall how sometimes you'd KO a guy but he was in a location that nobody ever checked? Pretty pointless if you're TRYING to freak everyone out, so moving the body to a more noticeable place would make sense. It can work and work quickly. It doesn't have to be some sluggish, slow process like everyone is making it out to be.

Secondly, it has a DUAL purpose in the fact you can use it to remain undetected (if lives are at stake) or to instill fear. Imagine moving a body to a hidden location AFTER people have discovered it, then they come back and see the body is missing. Creates more fear like Batman just swiped a body like some sort of hunter or animal. Case in point.

Doat1
5th Dec 2010, 01:43
Tell this to Gordon, or Dr. Young, or that guard that Zsasz was frying, or... It IS Batman's style to stay undetected if LIVES are at stake. That's the point. Besides, I just gave an example of how moving a body could HELP with freaking them out more. Recall how sometimes you'd KO a guy but he was in a location that nobody ever checked? Pretty pointless if you're TRYING to freak everyone out, so moving the body to a more noticeable place would make sense. It can work and work quickly. It doesn't have to be some sluggish, slow process like everyone is making it out to be.

Secondly, it has a DUAL purpose in the fact you can use it to remain undetected (if lives are at stake) or to instill fear. Imagine moving a body to a hidden location AFTER people have discovered it, then they come back and see the body is missing. Creates more fear like Batman just swiped a body like some sort of hunter or animal. Case in point.

Well i was talking about being undetected, moving a body to a position or place so everyone can see yea i am all for that. Also as you said if lives are at stake then yes removing bodies would be useful and helpful but we probably won't come across those kinds of situations in this game.

Just saw your edit, yea removing the body after it has been found would also be a good thing to have. Pretty much it all depends on the situation.

Joseph Kerstein
5th Dec 2010, 01:50
Well i was talking about being undetected, moving a body to a position or place so everyone can see yea i am all for that. Also as you said if lives are at stake then yes removing bodies would be useful and helpful but we probably won't come across those kinds of situations in this game.

Just saw your edit, yea removing the body after it has been found would also be a good thing to have. Pretty much it all depends on the situation.

I wouldn't be too quick on that assumption. There was an example of a thug holding someone at gunpoint and Batman had to sneak behind them and smash his fists through the weak wall they were standing in front of. There could easily be other moments where stealth is a priority. Perhaps sneaking into a place undetected to capture a mob boss or villain.

I'll just quote Kyodai Ken, "Once more you approach unseen, dark one. You would have made a good ninja."

Doat1
5th Dec 2010, 01:56
I wouldn't be too quick on that assumption. There was an example of a thug holding someone at gunpoint and Batman had to sneak behind them and smash his fists through the weak wall they were standing in front of. There could easily be other moments where stealth is a priority. Perhaps sneaking into a place undetected to capture a mob boss or villain.

I'll just quote Kyodai Ken, "Once more you approach unseen, dark one. You would have made a good ninja."

Yea like i said it depends on the situation

Nemesis296
5th Dec 2010, 15:39
Who said Batman would "slowly" do it? Huh? Maybe he'll hoist them over his shoulder and RUN with them, eh? :rasp:

Ok, Kratos :lol:

Joseph Kerstein
5th Dec 2010, 17:09
Ok, Kratos :lol:

:p

But seriously, what's so unbelievable about him carrying ONE person? He could pick up and throw thugs like ragdolls over and over and over in combat, he could pull down weak walls and even a freaking Titan fueled Joker, and someone in Batman's shape would be able to carry somebody in real life so I don't see why it'd be so hard to picture BATMAN of all people in a video game of all things doing it. Just saying. ;)

6th Dec 2010, 06:40
Why would he need to???

Joseph Kerstein
6th Dec 2010, 07:45
Why would he need to???

I'll just quote myself since I'm tired and about to go to bed.

6th Dec 2010, 08:58
As i said before, there is no point if Batman is quick enough to take out all the guys in one area before they find another member, like the several potions of the game. And whats are you going to do after you drag a poor viction 50 ft away to hide him in th ecorner when all of a sudden one of Jokers devices alerts everyone of his location?

Joseph Kerstein
6th Dec 2010, 13:07
As i said before, there is no point if Batman is quick enough to take out all the guys in one area before they find another member, like the several potions of the game. And whats are you going to do after you drag a poor viction 50 ft away to hide him in th ecorner when all of a sudden one of Jokers devices alerts everyone of his location?

Wow... Whether or not the devs rehash that gimmick or not is yet to be revealed (and I sincerely doubt they will) and yet you're using that as a way of shooting down this entire idea? Also, OF COURSE there were ways around it in the first game; they had to because dragging bodies around WASN'T available to the player. Think for a moment; Batman's agility in the first game as many people have pointed out was very stiff. He felt more clumsy and more like a hulking brute than an agile ninja-like vigilante. Guess what? It wasn't a problem in the game because of the entire location and setting. The devs were able to get away with that in the first game, but if they kept his agility the same and placed us inside the environment of Arkham City then they couldn't get away with it.

In fact many things were in such a way because they could get away with it; gargoyles being everywhere because they didn't spend time programming other types of perches, thugs having horrid vision to supplement the weaker element of stealth (I loved the "silent predator" moments, but really the thugs could have been at least a LITTLE smarter), thugs only attacking one at a time due to newly created free-flow combat, etc. All of these are things that (so far) seem to be getting revised and upgraded in the sequel, so why stop there? Hasn't Rocksteady's entire thing been building upon an already great game by adding new things as well as refining previously established things?

Also, no one is saying that we should be FORCED to drag and hide bodies (at least not all of the time, just like how we weren't forced all of the time to remain unseen), we're merely saying that to provide that option and for reasons OTHER than stealth (moving a body to a new location to freak the thugs out, or to possibly set up a trap) would be a plus. It'd be something extra to toy around with. We didn't always have to use certain means of taking out thugs in AA, but we used them anyway because they were fun and added versatility. I myself loved using the remote control batarang a time or two in a few spots because it was a creative approach even though not at all necessary. I'd feel upset if they suddenly took that away in the first game "simply because they can get around it". (As for remote control batarang in Arkham City, I've no idea, but I'd like to see it return with some additions if at all possible.)

Think outside the box.

Edit: I'd like to point out that in saying "get away with this or that" in terms of Rocksteady and their programming of the first game, I do mean that in a more positive tone; they made a great game and I think that overall they focused on the correct stuff, so in essence they were able to "get away" with some things being put in the game in certain ways.

6th Dec 2010, 18:10
Yeah it was rocksteadys 2nd game. But you need to remember this isnt MGS, when has batman ever needed to hide people in comics?

Joseph Kerstein
6th Dec 2010, 18:16
Yeah it was rocksteadys 2nd game. But you need to remember this isnt MGS, when has batman ever needed to hide people in comics?

There's been plenty of times where Batman knocked someone out and left them somewhere where the bad guys couldn't find them. He either disguised himself after the fact, or left them in a clever and freaky place to scare the crap out of the other people. I really don't see how this is a tough concept to grasp, and we really need to stop comparing this idea to MGS or Splinter Cell; we're not saying it should be a 100% requirement. If anything, storywise, I'd only want to see such a situation once or twice, but the OPTION of using it for scare tactics or for extra stealth would be welcome.

Feel free to continue to disagree, but I still say it's closed minded to just look at it as an idea that is only good for specific games like MGS or Splinter Cell, when it could be used for totally different reasons altogether.

Edit: How many times has Batman left people tied up, strung up, or in any other myriad of clever places and positions in order to send a message? Aside from inverted takedown, I'd love to have a few extra clever touches added to spice it up some more. Remember the scene in Batman Begins with Falcone strapped to the spotlight to create a "bat signal"? Let's see something as creative as that or more so in Arkham City. ;)

Edit edit: Think of this. Let's say you drag a guy into a room, prop him up against the door and then leave through the air ducts. As the thugs fan out to find you, one opens the door and the KO'ed thug falls out and lands on the first guy at the door. Instant panic attack. There are other things that spring to mind that would involve the use of dragging/carrying a knocked out thug, but I'm certain if people took this route with their thinking they could come up with more ideas of their own.