PDA

View Full Version : PC co-op issues.

Esset
25th Nov 2010, 09:48
Since steam forums are ignored by Eidos i popped in to say this:

1) Lag is unimaginable. So much that player doing a roll causes camera to shake violently back and forth, making me nauseous. You should add ping bar somewhere... maybe near host name in games browser? Thats a hint, yes.

2) UI is still horrible - its hard to select characters, edit loadout and check map. I realize that you clearly made this game for consoles and ported it to PC later (poorly i might add) but cmon - sharing your screen with someone over the internetz? This is seriously wrong... ohh and inconvenient too.

3) When two players die at the same time game would just hang up with black screen, you can hear menu selections but you cant exit or respawn, so the only way is to use alt+f4 to close the game completely.

4) Where's our free DLC?

5) Urban Chaos was nice.

Keir
25th Nov 2010, 12:03
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'll try my best to help.

1) A ping bar is a nice idea. I'll pass it on to the dev team, but I can't make any promises. We obviously can't control the quality of people's net connections, lag can cause a variety of issues.

2) I think this is the first comment I've seen about the UI, but thanks for the feedback.

3) I haven't seen this issue, I've passed it on to QA.

4) We'll be releasing more info on the DLC soon, watch this space.

5) Good! :D If you liked that, you should check out Batman: Arkham Asylum if you haven't already (it's from the same team).

ivaneiroX
25th Nov 2010, 13:28
i play on pc once and the UI for me it's ok i don't see whats the problem with it... and about the lag maybe its you connection or partner connection.

Esset
25th Nov 2010, 14:36
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'll try my best to help.

1) A ping bar is a nice idea. I'll pass it on to the dev team, but I can't make any promises. We obviously can't control the quality of people's net connections, lag can cause a variety of issues.

2) I think this is the first comment I've seen about the UI, but thanks for the feedback.

3) I haven't seen this issue, I've passed it on to QA.

4) We'll be releasing more info on the DLC soon, watch this space.

5) Good! :D If you liked that, you should check out Batman: Arkham Asylum if you haven't already (it's from the same team).

1) I realize that this is the user side issue, hence a ping bar is required... though there aren't that many peoples playing to begin with -_-

3) This happens at random.

5) Been there done that :)

+

6) On "Stronghold Passage" level theres a moment where you have to simultaneously pull two levers to open a gate and then detonate a ball through them, just now we got stuck since they didn't open when we pulled the levers. Restarting the level fixed the issue though. This also happened in single player.

7) On the same level theres a challenge tomb with a spike field and a bulls eye switch. In a single player i once found this challenge broken, since bulls eye switch would trigger wrong sets of spikes preventing a clear passage. Not sure if this was fixed in later updates though.

8) I am hugely disappointed that someone is actually answering on official forums - do you realize how hard it is to stay righteously-angry-sarcastically-inclined? :hmm:

Keir
25th Nov 2010, 14:54
1) I realize that this is the user side issue, hence a ping bar is required... though there aren't that many peoples playing to begin with -_-

3) This happens at random.

5) Been there done that :)

+

6) On "Stronghold Passage" level theres a moment where you have to simultaneously pull two levers to open a gate and then detonate a ball through them, just now we got stuck since they didn't open when we pulled the levers. Restarting the level fixed the issue though. This also happened in single player.

7) On the same level theres a challenge tomb with a spike field and a bulls eye switch. In a single player i once found this challenge broken, since bulls eye switch would trigger wrong sets of spikes preventing a clear passage. Not sure if this was fixed in later updates though.

8) I am hugely disappointed that someone is actually answering on official forums - do you realize how hard it is to stay righteously-angry-sarcastically-inclined? :hmm:

Thanks for the reports. I'm passing these on to the QA guys.

And regarding point 8, it's my pleasure :flowers: :D

Captain Whiskers
25th Nov 2010, 14:57
Heh, I'm kind of dissapointed that the game makes my friend have almost 7 fps. He beats the specs for the game by far and it seems he will start to get bad the longer we play... Maybe there is a memory leak? I'm not sure since he will also be bad on startup at some points :/ I have a bit better of a pc and I can run it perfectly...

Though through changing graphicle settings it will not get better, and there seems to be no reason for the frame rate drops. Like I said before, It's eaither a CPU issue or Memory Leak. Look into it eidos!

Esset
25th Nov 2010, 15:21
Thanks for the reports. I'm passing these on to the QA guys.

And regarding point 8, it's my pleasure :flowers: :D

9) Theres also an issue of grappling hook targeting - instead of a ring Lara tends to shoot it at Totec, so he has to die sometimes so Lara can properly shoot at the ring. Sometimes even walking to the furthest point of a screen away from Lara doesn't help.

Nemesis296
25th Nov 2010, 15:54
9) Theres also an issue of grappling hook targeting - instead of a ring Lara tends to shoot it at Totec, so he has to die sometimes so Lara can properly shoot at the ring. Sometimes even walking to the furthest point of a screen away from Lara doesn't help.

Consoles have that issue as well, it's just the nature of the beast :hmm:

Esset
25th Nov 2010, 16:35
I wonder if some sale is planned soon, there's clearly not enough players around (1-2 games in the lobby whole day) and everyone already done all of those challenges so theres really not much to do :/ Not until new maps are released that is.

Malek1013
25th Nov 2010, 20:29
Sorry but I'm one of the purchasee's that got the game for my girlfriend and I as soon as we heard it was out. I know you say you can't control people's connection but if I'm not having much of a problem with a multitude of other titles then I'd say I would start looking inward instead of pointing outward.

I do admit, our connection is not the best but it seems to me like the game is lacking a few features of net play that is considered the status quo. In particular - client side prediction. It also seems like the game has a low thresh-hold for dropped packets and considers it a full disconnect after a certain number of failed handshakes.

Our game doesn't even stay up for longer than 2 seconds post intro, then again our connection isn't exactly perfect either. 2 networked computers ala "Connectify" via a wifi connection and the connection itself to the internet being a mobile broadband card. Truth is still that we hit about 200 ping (together) on MMOs, 300 for stuff like Titan Quest, if neither of us is loading pages or downloading anything (and we aren't.) The speeds are comparable to low-end DSL.

But yes, I anxiously await another update with some better net-code. Hope we aren't let down but thus far, I have some faith. :)

iamdanthemanstan
28th Nov 2010, 13:14
I'm also having horrible issues with both lag and the ability to create and join games. This isn't a user side issue when this many people, who like myself connect to all sorts of other games just fine, are having this issue. I'm really disappointing that after waiting for it this is the state the online co-op was released in.

Treeble
28th Nov 2010, 13:51
Consoles have that issue as well, it's just the nature of the beast :hmm:

You can aim with the right analogue to have the grapple attach to the ring instead of Totec, not sure how it works on PC though.

angelus0901
28th Nov 2010, 19:05
Lag is unimaginable. So much that player doing a roll causes camera to shake violently back and forth, making me nauseous.

Chris and i just finished playing the game together and I agree with this completely!! The lag is unbearable!!!

chriss_99
28th Nov 2010, 20:56
Chris and i just finished playing the game together and I agree with this completely!! The lag is unbearable!!!

Nonetheless, we had fun, didn't we? :D
I wonder if such lags are normal in all online games. :confused:

angelus0901
28th Nov 2010, 21:02
Nonetheless, we had fun, didn't we? :D

Of course we did!! It was awesome!! ;) :D

funkmasterdb
7th Dec 2010, 15:40
I've been having trouble getting the online co-op to even work. I tried it with a friend, first with him hosting, then me, and both times the game hung on the "waiting for player" loading screen.

Had trouble inviting...it looks like it says to hit "Caps Lock" to invite, but that does nothing for either of us, and we haven't remapped any keys. Doing an invite through Steam directly kinda worked, but we couldn't see each other's names on the player selection screen...but the text and voice chat worked, so we knew we were connected. Once we tried to start a game, it just hung on the loading screen, we gave it like 5 minutes each time thinking it might be a long load, and still nothing. Same result if I hosted or he hosted.

Is there specific ports that need to be opened? I have UPnP enabled on my router, and have no problems with other co-op games (Borderlands, CoD Zombies, etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found some other people on the Steam forums who had the exact same problem, but I haven't been able to find any resolutions:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1635897

and here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1635914

Katie_Fleming
7th Dec 2010, 18:45
Re: the lag, no it is not normal for it to be this bad. I play a lot of Left4Dead and it runs great. Now and then if someone from far off country is playing they may have some troubles, but it is typically extremely smooth without holdups.

I have a problem to add to the list...Keir, can you get it checked out? When I've gone to create games, it puts me in twice, as Lara and Totec, so I can't invite others. Little bug that has appeared recently. ;)

Esset
23rd Dec 2010, 10:07
Not sure whether this is an issue - but recently (probably after 1.03 patch), i can't find any games in the lobby at all. Anybody else can relate to this? Everybody (there were only a few players to begin with) suddenly stopped playing? Did they introduce regional locks in 1.03 update?

LARALOVERnr1
23rd Dec 2010, 14:41
I'm on the xbox 360, but I also have issues online. When I tryed playing online, I couldn't find a single game, and when I created a game, no one would join. After trying for an hour or so, I just turned the game off and tryed to get online with another game(Left 4 Dead) and that worked fine. Is this just because no one's playing it anymore or is it something else?

Esset
23rd Dec 2010, 16:18
I'm on the xbox 360, but I also have issues online. When I tryed playing online, I couldn't find a single game, and when I created a game, no one would join. After trying for an hour or so, I just turned the game off and tryed to get online with another game(Left 4 Dead) and that worked fine. Is this just because no one's playing it anymore or is it something else?

According to steam - theres 800+ players at peak hours and 200+ at the lowest. Strange really, that no one plays online. One explanation - they introduced regional locks, same thing as in RUSE prior to patching. Other explanation - bug.

SalemSaberhaggen
28th Dec 2010, 23:12
At the stage where both your partner and you have to avoid a rotating fire to pull several switches, there's something weird:

-When I was at a safe spot without fire, my friend saw me over the fire but kind of immune to it, and viceversa, when he was pulling a switch and fire was gone, I saw him being hit by the rotating fire but he just stood there, like a desync between what he saw and what I saw.

Fix it pls.

PD: also, the lag was anormal, and we live in the same town...
PD2: ALSO, I couldn't find yet any server to play multiplayer...
PD3: why are graphics that slow? I had to set them all to low res, and my computer is brand new :S