PDA

View Full Version : How can we show Square that we want X-3 and XII HD remaster ?

Dengojin
9th Apr 2014, 18:02
The title says it all. not too long ago The Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster has launched overseas.

scenario writer Kazushige Nojima can be found. A rather interesting tidbit of information lies hidden in a past interview : “If there’s enough demand, then we may possibly see new developments. I would personally like to see a sequel like X-3,” the writer expressed his views on a possible third installment in the Final Fantasy X series, as quoted by Siliconera.

so the question is ! how can we show this demand to Square.

X/X-2 HD remaster is already selling well worldwide, so it's really showing the amount of love for X around the world.

It's pretty much the same for Final Fantasy XII Game Director Yoshinori Kitase explained back in June that, if the FFX/X-2 HD Remaster is successful, it would lead to more HD Final Fantasy titles. During the interview with Hashimoto this week, he said:

"At this moment, we do not have any plans [to release a HD remastered version of Final Fantasy XII]. But as Kitase-san has mentioned, if there are a lot of requests from the fans for a HD remastered version of Final Fantasy XII, we might consider it.

But with that said, at this moment there are no plans to do so."

Your thoughts ?

Ygdrasel
12th Apr 2014, 01:22
We can't, because we don't. X-2 was fun and all but as a sequel to X, it completely failed when it came to continuity and sense in its story.

FatSqueak
12th Apr 2014, 05:15
I can play FFXII on my PS2 and I wouldn't touch FFX-3 with a 10 foot pole.

datyanderegirl
12th Apr 2014, 19:38
I didn't care for FFX-2 at all either and it just felt boring and bland. I also don't want a FFX-3 either

neo_bahamut
13th Apr 2014, 17:39
Actually if anyone listened to that audio drama of the X/X-2 audio release, I would think that the release of X-3 is a given. If it could be a story more on the wavelengths of X and not all j-pop like X-2, I definitely wouldn't have any problem in playing it! I don't get why people are so against it, but everyone's entitled to their opinion. I'm not a really big fan of XII, but nonetheless, if they did do a XII HD I would buy it just because Square Enix has proven that they do a great job when it comes to remastering graphics and audio. At any case, all we can do to "prove" to them that we want either of these things, is buy X/X-2 HD. As they said, depending on the sales of that title they will decide on their next course of action. I think we'll have a lot of surprises at this year's E3...

moooka
14th Apr 2014, 07:02
Kitase clearly mentioned there will be no FFX-3.

Light7
16th Apr 2014, 15:09
YEs ,yes, yes!! I would realllyy love a hd remaster of ff12, with zodiac job system! Since ffx/x-2 hd remaster sold pretty well, and they said that they could make a hd remaster of ff12 if ffx/x-2 sold well, they would think about making a hd remaster of ff12! I really love this game! It deserves an hd remaster because it has zodiac job system, which only japan got it and it, it was tha last ff to be on ps2 and it was the most wel selling game ever, u can see it on wikia. So i have no odubts they will make one. And i hope they'll remaster the soundtracks too. I really don't care if they make it to a ps3 or ps4, but i doubt they can make a ps2 game to a ps4 though... If they do it, i don't know what'll they do with it's sequel, Revenant Wings, since it was made to nintendo ds... Please Square, FF12 HD Remaster *.* anytime. As for FF X-3, i don't mind if they make or not, but if they make one i'll be happy of course : )

James12183
7th Sep 2014, 18:39
I would actually look forward to a Final Fantasy X-3. I liked X and X-2. Although if they ever decided to make a X-3 I think they should make Tidus and Rikku a couple, seeing as Tidus and Yuna are no longer together, and I thought that there was definitely some chemistry between them.

mkes01
27th Sep 2014, 09:52
I would like to see FF XII on PC, but only with the zodiac Job system. I patched my german FF XII version with this version, and played it on the PCSX2 Emulator.

I will never play the normal version ever again. Because the spezialisation with the different job tables is an absolute must have, in comparision to the general Job board of the original. I know, what I am talking about, and what all players outside of Japan are missing. It's a shame, that this wasn't released outside of Japan. I am willing to pay for an official version on PC, more than I am willing to pay for XIII series, the worst FF ever developed.

For FF XIII I will only pay, if they patch the idiotic thing, that, if the main character dies, the game is OVER. Silly, idiotic, pathetic, overlooked issue. We have phoenix down and the healer has Angel. If they do not change at least this, and the dumb level cap in the crystalarium up to chapter 10, sorry, no money from me, not even at budget price. I do not need this crap again, makes me only very angry again. And games should be fun, shouldn't they?

And please sell FF XIII-2 with the proper ending. Do not sell this ending ever again as money grabbing DLC content.

Final Fantasy X remake in HD would be very nice, too. It's one of my favorite FF game, besides FF VII and FF XII. But you can save the money of converting X-2. This game is ... The only positive thing about this game is the combat system. More than I can say about FF XIII, with the game over show stopper, if the first character of the group dies. I cannot state often enough, how idiotic and braindead that is.

Oh and btw, for a real remake of FF VII, with graphics of FF XIII or the movie advent child, I would pay full price. Without thinking. As preorder.

And I normaly never ever preorder games.

FF_Romancer
28th Sep 2014, 19:56
I would like both a FFX-3 and FFXII HD Remake. the Remake is going to happen, it is only a matter of time and having a team free to do it.

I did not want a FFX-3, but after listening to audio drama in the HD Remaster version, I feel like I need one now. :( My favorite story in video games and they pull that stuff. I need clarification now.

Aaron_is_a_beast
1st Oct 2014, 07:57
If Square Enix made a X-3, it would be best that it was a prequel to FFX for better fan approval and maybe it would give opportunity for a more engaging story than X-2. Personally I am not a fan of X-2 but X-3 has a chance, its not that it would turn out bad but I think Square Enix doesn't want to make a sequel/prequel to an older game that they just remastered. If anything in the future I would expect another game to be remastered in HD (not created) or a sequel to XV. Between the two of them I think FFXII has a better chance of a HD remaster than we would seeing FFX-3. If they do make another HD remaster I would keep my ears open after the launch of FFXV.

FF_Romancer
11th Oct 2014, 17:42
Why do we need a prequel to FFX? We already know what happens and if you get all the spheres for Auron's Celestial Weapon, you pretty much know the story of Jecht and the gang. A prequel would not do much. If they do a FFX-3, it needs to be a sequel. There are far too many questions now and a prequel leaves little to be desired.

WinterSoldierLTE
13th Nov 2014, 01:16
I'll agree with a few posts above: I'd much rather have 'FF12' remastered. Great game, severely underrated, and for some reason seemingly shunned by Square. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

LateKnighter
24th Mar 2015, 12:22
I want FF12 remastered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best final fantasy, in my opinion

xTHORGALx
27th Mar 2015, 15:09
Do we really want X-3 ? FFX was ok but not great. It was linear, a cheasy story and the only good part was the great battle system. X-2 was just a Powerpuff Girls spin off abd btw LR was the proof that a third spin off will not work out.

On the other hand a FFXII remaster would be really nice. After the little disappointment with FFX and a much bigger one making out of FFXI a MMORPG, FFXII was a really nice surprise for someone who likes JRPGs and loved Vagrant Story and not the cheesy one like FFX. It was the best looking FF on the Ps2 and there was a lot to do in the game (compared to those stupid things like thunder dodging for 200 times from FFX, that is not really working well on flat sctrrens because of the natural delay).