PDA

View Full Version : Realism in Human Revolution

biofuel
13th Nov 2010, 22:14
The sense of realism viewing the pre-release trailers for the new Deus Ex.

The character you play, Adam Jensen, seems like he's "floating".

His turn also appears laboured...

Could be tech limits, I don't know.

This could be consistent now and I'm just not accustomed.

In broad context the realism/ immersion garnered from the trailers.

Kodaemon
13th Nov 2010, 22:19
His turn also appears laboured...

Of course it does, they're using gamepads.

Pretentious Old Man.
13th Nov 2010, 22:19
Don't really care about graphical realism, personally, just gameplay realism. I will not be too bothered if someone's animation glitches or their body proportions are wrong (cough, cough). However, I will definitely mind if, shall we say, levels feel like "levels", with chest-high walls and the like.

I actually find that more immersion breaking than even the most massive of glitches (GLARES at Mass Effect 2)

K^2
13th Nov 2010, 23:10
Yeah. ME2 looked like an LSD trip through a paintball playground.

Still, I was extremely disappointed with IS for what they've done with physics in IW. These things bother me. But from what I've seen of HR, that won't be a problem.

Animations are probably not final. Still, might say something about the engine. TRU had some problem with that too.

chickenbrothel
14th Nov 2010, 01:17
Of course it does, they're using gamepads.

Ah yes, the mouse may have a faster response than that of console thumbsticks, but have fun with that carpel tunnel. :)

Fluffis
14th Nov 2010, 02:16
Ah yes, the mouse may have a faster response than that of console thumbsticks, but have fun with that carpel tunnel. :)

When we've finished the game (CTS or not), you'll still be turning around the first corner. ;)

nomotog
14th Nov 2010, 03:42

Don't forget consoles invented gamer thumb. :P

Rindill the Red
14th Nov 2010, 06:04

There is little to no risk of carpal tunnel if you use it correctly.

BigBoss
14th Nov 2010, 07:56
[QUOTE=K^2;1522411]Yeah. ME2 looked like an LSD trip through a paintball playground.
QUOTE]

^This is true^ I never felt immersed in the combat because it just felt like you were going from one room with blocks to another