PDA

View Full Version : RUMOUR: New TR to be announced on Dec 6th?

jayjay119
13th Nov 2010, 00:45
This 'info' has not long appeared on other TR forums guys I thought i would share it here, as usual take it with a pinch of salt ;)

There might be a new Tomb Raider game on the way, if teaser artwork in the new issue of Game Informer has been deciphered correctly.

A two page spread in the latest issue, posted on NeoGaf, shows a shipwrecked vessel, the words "A survivor is born" and a reveal date of 6th December.

So, why might this point to a new Tomb Raider title? Well, you may remember back in July last year leaked information suggested that the next game in Eidos' long-running franchise would see Lara Croft shipwrecked on a mysterious island off the coast of Japan.

A website has also gone live bearing the words "A survivor is born".

The last 'traditional' game in the series, Tomb Raider: Underworld, came out in 2008 with Eurogamer's Ellie Gibson awarding it 7/10.

Then earlier last year we had the excellent top-down spin-off, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Eidos and parent company Square Enix haven't commented on the Game Informer image so you'll just have to wait until next month to find out what exactly is afoot.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-12-new-tomb-raider-reveal-imminent

http://i55.tinypic.com/15dor5t.jpg

Let the speculation begin...

RoombelinaUK
13th Nov 2010, 05:56
I can't imagine any survivors born after getting shipwrecks other than Lara Croft!! God! This sounds so exciting!!!!!!:nut::nut::nut::nut::nut:

LARALOVERnr1
13th Nov 2010, 08:56
OMGFTW I WANNA KNOW!!!!!

But whait, what? If that IS the new Tomb Raider, the rumours where at least partially true? PLEASE CD, DONT USE THOSE STUPID MONSTER THINGIES AND THE SANDBOX IDEA!!!

chriss_99
13th Nov 2010, 09:36
I love speculating, especially when it comes to Tomb Raider. :D
The artwork looks really nice! But can it really be the new Tomb Raider?
If CD wants to promote LCGoL until December, wouldn't it be too fast to announce the new title?
Oh, and jayjay, thanks for the news! :thumb:

Ants_27_
13th Nov 2010, 11:19
Either that or maybe a PS3 version of this:

http://destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?post_key=185161&photo_key=159831

If it is TR it had better not be released until it's finished and polished!

Think I might be happy with either one of those, so who knows!?:)

Cheers for the info though by the way!

chriss_99
13th Nov 2010, 13:26
It's unbelievable how much hype this information caused on the other Tomb Raider Forum.
I also want it to be the announcement for the new TR game but I rather take it with a pinch of salt. I cannot imagine the drama, if it turns out that this ad does not refer to TR9. :D

dark7angel
13th Nov 2010, 14:03
That concept looks really awesome!!!
Looking forward to finding out if this is TR or not!!!

Thanks for sharing jayjay! ;)

Natla
13th Nov 2010, 16:41
Perhaps it's to do with the TV programs "Survivor" or "Lost"?

Katie_Fleming
13th Nov 2010, 16:53
I've gotta say, I hope this rumour isn't true. I'm tired of her history constantly being changed. We have Core's Lara, the movie's Lara, and Crystal's Lara. We all know how she got started with her adventures....Von Croy anyone? :hmm:

a_big_house
13th Nov 2010, 17:29
I sooo want all this to be true! It would be epic!

Katie_Fleming
13th Nov 2010, 17:57
Keywords to note on the asurvivorisborn.com website: A survivor is Born,new secrets,apocalypse,end game

Raider126
13th Nov 2010, 18:11
Awesome :D I rather like the look of this.
Does anyone think the colour scheme from what we've seen in the leaked material is similar to the logo? Or am I looking too deep into this.

@Natla Or the song perhaps :p

@Katie The "end game" looks a little scary to me. Although it probably doesn't mean what I first went to :)

LARALOVERnr1
13th Nov 2010, 20:59
Either that or maybe a PS3 version of this:

http://destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?post_key=185161&photo_key=159831

If it is TR it had better not be released until it's finished and polished!

Think I might be happy with either one of those, so who knows!?:)

Cheers for the info though by the way!

I don't think so. There already is lots of info about that one, so there's no point in making up a whole new website for a game everyone already knows. And 'A survivor is born' doesn't make any sense to.

RoombelinaUK
13th Nov 2010, 22:24
I don't think so. There already is lots of info about that one, so there's no point in making up a whole new website for a game everyone already knows. And 'A survivor is born' doesn't make any sense to.

I agree :)

Ants_27_
13th Nov 2010, 22:48

True but I been reading people ideas.

Possibly Tomb Raider
Possibly Uncharted (As Naughty Dog have been hard at work work)
Possibly a new IP

Whatever it is it'll be released 2012... either that or it's 2012 the game:lol:

Considering the high chances it'll be out in 2012 that'll mean they probably have been working on it for around four years correct? (give or take a few weeks or months as staff aren't going to start straight on a brand new one the next day, they do have families that are probably their priorities) So if the game has loads of glitches or doesn't have a strong and high level of polish to it then there is no excuse... think GTA IV, Heavy Rain, Resi 5 and all had about four years development and they turned out fine.

Though I'm sure I remember a game being developed a few years back with the codename of 'survivor' - Think that may have been canceled though, just a shot. ;)

Randy 54
15th Nov 2010, 00:54
All I'm seeing is what appears to be a couple of freighters caught in some rough water. Unless the young Lara was working as a merchant marine or a stowaway, I don't see any connection to a Tomb Raider game.

Pulse
15th Nov 2010, 03:02
All I'm seeing is what appears to be a couple of freighters caught in some rough water. Unless the young Lara was working as a merchant marine or a stowaway, I don't see any connection to a Tomb Raider game.

There were rumors that the game would take place on a lost island after Lara's ship wrecked.

Also it was supposed to be an origin story, so "A survivor is born" could refer to how this is what made Lara, Lara.

Ants_27_
15th Nov 2010, 07:53
The thing I don't understand is if the ships that big they ain't going to state Lara was the only one to survive!:lol: I mean yeah right!:rolleyes:

BlueSkiesXXV
15th Nov 2010, 09:58
Very interesting :)

I just read the following snippet over at NeoGaf:

... and the Google Analytics account number, less the last two digits, matches a number of Eidos/Squenix sites -- K&L2, Mini Ninjas, Deus Ex, the new Lara Croft, Just Cause, etc. So it's Eidos/Squenix

& of course, from the original leak:

When a sudden storm destroys her research vessel, a young and inexperienced Lara Croft finds herself stranded on a mysterious and remote island hidden off the shores of Japan.

chriss_99
15th Nov 2010, 10:47
If my memory serves me Lara isn't supposed to be alone on that research vessel. She will be a part of a research team, I think. Maybe other survivors will play a crucial part later in the game. I guess that would be quite cool.

qwerty
15th Nov 2010, 12:02
http://asurvivorisborn.com/ heres the site

qwerty
15th Nov 2010, 12:06
sry for the double post but its lara 100 percent

chriss_99
15th Nov 2010, 13:19
sry for the double post but its lara 100 percent

How do you know?

LARALOVERnr1
15th Nov 2010, 15:28
How do you know?
Using The Force...

Jason Miller
15th Nov 2010, 19:33
Ok, now I'm sure it's Tomb Raider!

Ants_27_
15th Nov 2010, 20:42
If my memory serves me Lara isn't supposed to be alone on that research vessel. She will be a part of a research team, I think. Maybe other survivors will play a crucial part later in the game. I guess that would be quite cool.

Yeah, it'll be interesting for her not to on her own, could make for some very interesting events!;)

Randy 54
16th Nov 2010, 01:09
I don't mean to be a naysayer, but unless somewhere in the artwork an Eidos or SE logo can be found making it authentic,
it's still only speculation and the pics could have come from anywhere.

_Love2Raid_
16th Nov 2010, 02:56
The latest news on this rumour: the name of the game might be Tomb Raider: Ascension and it will apparently be released in 2011. :D

chriss_99
16th Nov 2010, 12:57
The latest news on this rumour: the name of the game might be Tomb Raider: Ascension and it will apparently be released in 2011. :D

Really? How do you know?
Wasn't that the title of that low-budget TR film?

Randy 54
16th Nov 2010, 14:11
Wasn't Tomb Raider: Ascension, the title of a not long ago released fan-made film,
that was made available for viewing on this forum?

Ants_27_
16th Nov 2010, 17:12

Believe me, I'd think it's more likely to be released 2012 and not 2011. Why, cause whatever game it is doesn't the URL on the site once it's loaded say something along the lines of 'asurvivorisborn2012'.

But Ascension was the low-budget film they did a while back... Providing this is indeed a TR game as it doesn't say anything about a Japanese Island or Lara Croft.;)

Danielsun_
16th Nov 2010, 21:00
I'm with Katie on this one not to happy about changing Laras background and childhood etc ...again

would like something different but not something saying 'oh yeah forget what we told you before because this is the new background of lara and we wont change it again *cough*'

could be interesting as to where this goes, bring on dec 6 then :)

angelus0901
16th Nov 2010, 22:03
Wow, it would be cool if they gave us some news about the next game. But, I agree with some of you. I'd hate it if they changed her history, again. I love her CryDin history, it's awesome!! I guess we'll have to wait 3 more weeks to find out...

chriss_99
16th Nov 2010, 22:28
Changing Lara's biography is definitely a step back. However, I have a feeling that the origins story will somehow be joined together with her current bio. Wouldn't it be cool to see Amanda and Lara as friend again? I think it could be interesting. I still think Amanda is one of the best villains ever!
What worries me the most is the lack of dual pistols! Will the bow become her standard weapon?
I'm really looking forward to seeing some news.

DarlinG
16th Nov 2010, 22:32
Perhaps it is maybe reference to the game "I am alive", who knows, we can only guess...

Pulse
16th Nov 2010, 22:57
Maybe this will fit in somehow with the CD background. Although there were the reboot rumors where they were going to totally change Lara...

RoombelinaUK
16th Nov 2010, 22:59
Perhaps it is maybe reference to the game "I am alive", who knows, we can only guess...

It can't be, that game was announced 3 years ago and it has no gameplay videos or screenshots to date. It's probably cancelled...Besides, "I Am Alive" has absolutely nothing to do with ships or islands. TR9 is still at the top of the list.:D

DarlinG
16th Nov 2010, 22:59
Maybe this will fit in somehow with the CD background. Although there were the reboot rumors where they were going to totally change Lara...

Oh crap not again :mad2:

Ants_27_
17th Nov 2010, 11:01
Lets say it is and it's likely she'll be without her pistols which generally doesn't bother me but it'll be interesting if they remove weapons (gun kinds) from the entire game if it is indeed set entirely on an island. I say this cause I've always found it weird when she'll go to a tomb and suddenly she'll come across a gun that just happens to be laid out on the floor.:scratch:

I'm hoping it adds an actually melee combat system as well as focusing on more face-to-face fights rather than stand a distance and shoot. I'm thinking like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAzWcDK2cQ&feature=related

Of course, I doubt Tomb Raider would ever get so damn scary or creepy but hey, I hope it's got an atmosphere especially if they rid unlimited ammo!:D

_Love2Raid_
17th Nov 2010, 13:43
Really? How do you know?
Wasn't that the title of that low-budget TR film?

Wasn't Tomb Raider: Ascension, the title of a not long ago released fan-made film,
that was made available for viewing on this forum?
Yeah, it was. Personally I hope it´s not going to be named Ascension at all and that it won´t be linked in anyway to that ´movie´ (:eek::o), but those who wrote this article (http://systemlink.gamersguidetolife.com/2010/11/new-tomb-raider-game-leaked-coming-2011.html) have found this information on the LinkedIn profile of a Motion Editor. Then I found out who´s profile that was and everyone could see that it was true (the picture in that article was a real screenshot and not some edit). The information (name, spelled like ´Ascention´ by the way and the year 2011) was removed shortly after this and the profile is now private (was public). That´s all I know.

LARALOVERnr1
17th Nov 2010, 15:56
Damn it. I hate this! Now I'm looking like a zombie all day, waiting for the 6th of December. Stupid Rumours...

BUT IT LOOKS AND SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a_big_house
17th Nov 2010, 18:05
I'm hoping it adds an actually melee combat system as well as focusing on more face-to-face fights rather than stand a distance and shoot. I'm thinking like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAzWcDK2cQ&feature=related

No no no! I hate that type of melee system, it stopped me playing that game and SAW, it's too unresponsive :-s

Something like WET or Saints Row will do me fine :-D

josh1122
17th Nov 2010, 21:34
Lame if true that means they're changing Lara AGAIN and I didn't like the idea of the rumored crap I heard the first time. Now if this ends up being the new TR then all that was rumored would be true and would definitely disappoint me.

I'm praying that this is another game and not one we've heard rumors about. If its true it sounds like one TR game I will not touch.

But I'll wait and see before making judgement

Jason Miller
17th Nov 2010, 23:35
Lame if true that means they're changing Lara AGAIN and I didn't like the idea of the rumored crap I heard the first time. Now if this ends up being the new TR then all that was rumored would be true and would definitely disappoint me.

I'm praying that this is another game and not one we've heard rumors about. If its true it sounds like one TR game I will not touch.

But I'll wait and see before making judgement

Your posts have always been grungy and unpleasant to read and make sense of...
Seriously though, I don't think anyone actually cares whether or not you'll touch this game. Personally, I'm hyped up for the idea and I'm sure everyone else who's commented on this thread is. It's fans like you who've always been holding back the series and keeping the developers close-minded. I'm just saying...:)

LC is Me
17th Nov 2010, 23:53
Your posts have always been grungy and unpleasant to read and make sense of...
Seriously though, I don't think anyone actually cares whether or not you'll touch this game. Personally, I'm hyped up for the idea and I'm sure everyone else who's commented on this thread is. It's fans like you who've always been holding back the series and keeping the developers close-minded. I'm just saying...:)
And josh is the grungy, unpleasant one?
LOL U MAD?

I would argue that the "fans like josh" are helpful in keeping a series from going all over the place. And if they are reinventing Lara's past (for the like 3rd or 4th time), then they are spot on with the "going all over the place" thing. I understand they wanted to change things the first time from what Core established and do their own thing when they did it with Legend. But why reinvent what you invented? What's the purpose? Especially if some people are just getting used to the change...Change isn't bad but frequent inconsistent change, well...

If anything the developers remain close minded when everyone throws rainbows and smiles and gives them the okay with everything they do. js :thumb:

Danielsun_
17th Nov 2010, 23:54
Now now, everyone has an opinion Josh is just stating is, and you are stating yours im hoping this wont turn into an argument, we can all be civil and respect everyones opinion

my opinion is not made up yet, im looking for something official and a nice review aswell, im personally hoping its not a re write of her history and i also hope they keep the duel guns, always loved them :)
but im just a fan developers know best

time will reveal all

LC is Me
18th Nov 2010, 00:01
I'm just playing with him.
I'm HOPING he'll see that, but I doubt it.
So....LATE DISCLAIMER. I'm known for those....
> w >

Ants_27_
18th Nov 2010, 07:59
my opinion is not made up yet, im looking for something official and a nice review aswell, im personally hoping its not a re write of her history and i also hope they keep the duel guns, always loved them :)
but im just a fan developers know best

time will reveal all

I'm kinda on the fence. I admire CD for not listening to the fans cause quite a number always seem to want the same game again and again, which from the point of view of a player (me) it becomes increasingly boring and I like the possible horror vibe they could add (something even horror games seem to be failing on) . I doubt I'll be buying it brand new or at least rent it first.

But maybe PS3 gamers will get a demo this time around?

As for changing her again, I think CD are perhaps trying to please a different type of gamer.

Jason Miller
18th Nov 2010, 09:58
I'm just playing with him.
I'm HOPING he'll see that, but I doubt it.
So....LATE DISCLAIMER. I'm known for those....
> w >

hmm... I love playing games :P LOL Anyways, I've been on these forums for a long time now and I've seen nothing but negative and depressing comments from josh since TRU was released. It just bugs me...:hmm::hmm:

hiMe
18th Nov 2010, 11:10
Hmmm...

Domain Name: asurvivorisborn.com

Created on..............: Fri, May 28, 2010
Expires on..............: Mon, May 28, 2012
Record last updated on..: Wed, Nov 10, 2010

I dunno...I have a feeling it might be something else entirely...

hiMe
18th Nov 2010, 11:16
http://www.abload.de/img/tombraider3lgiz.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/tombraider2wgg5.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/tombraider1ggbi.jpg

If linked to teh old images...then...could be a new IP. I dunno, I don't think they'll change her THAT much would they?...

Ants_27_
18th Nov 2010, 17:35
If linked to teh old images...then...could be a new IP. I dunno, I don't think they'll change her THAT much would they?...

Well they said a while back that TR9 would be a reboot so yes, they will change it that much. Just like Resident Evil 4 was a reboot for the Resi series...:D

a_big_house
18th Nov 2010, 18:53
I honestly don't know why people are talking about cd changing madras past again, why would a nine year old Lara have a research vessel? She wouldn't, I'm think young but 18 - 20 years young

Ants_27_
18th Nov 2010, 19:39
I honestly don't know why people are talking about cd changing madras past again, why would a nine year old Lara have a research vessel? She wouldn't, I'm think young but 18 - 20 years young

Exactly.:)

If she were real, she weren't born an Archaeologist.

I suppose some would say the whole legend thing was her biography, well yes but characters are supposed to have depth and one simple event is not depth. ;)

Danielsun_
18th Nov 2010, 20:27
Well they said a while back that TR9 would be a reboot so yes, they will change it that much. Just like Resident Evil 4 was a reboot for the Resi series...:D

I wouldnt say resi 4 was so much a reboot, it was a stepped forward and a changed gameplay they still kept the same characters and same story they didnt turn round and say zombies never existed, they just got rid of them all, T virsus still there

with this it seems like they are starting all over again...again

:/ wait and see but i wont be surprised

Ants_27_
18th Nov 2010, 20:36
I wouldnt say resi 4 was so much a reboot, it was a stepped forward and a changed gameplay they still kept the same characters and same story they didnt turn round and say zombies never existed, they just got rid of them all, T virsus still there

with this it seems like they are starting all over again...again

:/ wait and see but i wont be surprised

I suppose but I'm glad they are going in a completely new direction, will add a fresh take on the series as Underworld for me felt too samey cause they didn't really take many risks with it, kinda like Resident Evil 5, it was good graphically and technically but it was still in the Resi 4 mold.. seen it before kinda thing.. then again I'm one of those who does actually like change sometimes.

I just hope they aren't going to far into the realms of Silent Hill cause Silent Hill is great at what it does and I think TR would lose even more credibility. But hey, thats the vibe I get from the supposed scenario.;)

angelus0901
18th Nov 2010, 20:37
Oh look, it's Samara from The Ring... The last pic in the middle... ;) :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_o56KzAyiiig/TJa9kYO9hQI/AAAAAAAAA6I/TKUdmXTmA2g/s1600/samara_bigger.jpg

:lol: :lmao:

P.S. What is that on her face? A vagina?

_Love2Raid_
18th Nov 2010, 22:10
The one thing that bothered me the most about this leaked info (the text that got leaked a long time ago) was that it seemed like TR would become more focussed on combat. I hope it will still remain just an ´extra´, an occasional enemy to fight to keep the tension in the game going or a boss to face now and then. I would really hate it if an enemy or a swarm of enemies showed up after each step. That would completely ruin the experience for me.

I like a scary game or movie, but it should be done well. When you just put as many scary moments as possible into something, it works against you. For example in a game, you will start to expect it and the tension is lost. If you keep the moments far apart, then it will get really scary. At least, for the first playthrough. ;) Unless you somehow manage to let the enemies spawn at random times and places, now THAT would be wicked. :D

I would like to see a lot of caves, tombs etc with good variety. Creepy, dark places with scary noises, traps and stuff like that and beautiful, serene environments. :)

Anyway, I´m not so worried about a change of bio. It has been done before, I don´t think I even know her bio and to be honest I hardly care. I would appreciate it if the dual pistols would be in the game though, but I wouldn´t die if they weren´t. They could be ´introduced´ in the next game perhaps. We´ll see.

@Angelus:
More like a decomposing one, rofl. Those little dots are flies I think, what a lovely image before bedtime... :o

RoombelinaUK
18th Nov 2010, 22:35
oh look, it's samara from the ring...

:lol: :lmao:

P.s. What is that on her face? A vagina?

lmao!!

LC is Me
19th Nov 2010, 00:05
hmm... I love playing games :P LOL Anyways, I've been on these forums for a long time now and I've seen nothing but negative and depressing comments from josh since TRU was released. It just bugs me...:hmm::hmm:
Maybe he was....disappointed....?
IDK DONT QUOTE ME ON IT.

@a big house: They don't need to change her ENTIRE past to add in a plotline that would take place 9 years after the plane crash that took place in Legend.
=/ That's what a fast forward button is for......
I feel like this game is becoming like Zelda: no two Lara's are the same.

chriss_99
19th Nov 2010, 08:20
P.S. What is that on her face? A vagina?

More like a decomposing one, rofl. Those little dots are flies I think, what a lovely image before bedtime... :o

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

Ants_27_
19th Nov 2010, 08:49
The one thing that bothered me the most about this leaked info (the text that got leaked a long time ago) was that it seemed like TR would become more focussed on combat. I hope it will still remain just an ´extra´, an occasional enemy to fight to keep the tension in the game going or a boss to face now and then. I would really hate it if an enemy or a swarm of enemies showed up after each step. That would completely ruin the experience for me.

Well no that why Metal Gear Solid is still to me, one the of the best made game franchises. That's why it still continues to sell by the bucket load. They build it for three different players. If you want to crawl about and out everything to sleep (even bosses) then you can. If you want to play it as a Third Person Shooter you can and if you want to play it as a First Person Shooter you can.

Now with MGS 4, I never once looked at the combat aspect and thought, hey! That ruins the stealth element cause the fact is the options up to you and they don't really force any particular play style on you, except for the odd shooting sections that last about 10 minutes each.

Now I won't be buying the game at say £40 to run around an island with a few enemies here and there and have some half-done combat system when I do come to a combat bit like Underworld did. From games I want to chose how I play them, not be forced to play them cause theres only one real play style. I change, one day I want to go on a game and seem how many kills I can rack up but then the next day I want to just explore (Fallout for example) My two cents anyway.:)

raz-
19th Nov 2010, 19:19
It's not a reboot as such, its just a chronicle which explains how she became such a strong minded person, i dont know why people seem to think its going to wipe legend off the board? I think this will happen some time before the event in peru with amanda and the entity...

I seriously hope this isnt going to be some creepy silent hill/resident evil type game :(

I really really reallly wish they'd go back to legend style, I know it was more of a james bond type of experience but i thought legend was the most fun game of all!!!!!

just my opinions

LARALOVERnr1
19th Nov 2010, 21:52
In practically every Asian Horror-movie there's a girl/woman with long, black hair...
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/555/555783/the-grudge-20041015042849879-000.jpg
The Grudge,
http://pcone.ru/images/library/the_wig.jpg
The Wig,

The Ring, A Tale of Two Sisters...

Kinda fits the Japanese Island-theme... :)

LC is Me
20th Nov 2010, 02:17
In practically every Asian Horror-movie there's a girl/woman with long, black hair...

Because most horror films incorporate a lot of old beliefs and Japanese folklore.
Still, it does get boring after a while. xD

Pulse
20th Nov 2010, 03:47
If this game includes the Japanese mythology, shouldn't they include the one about the ghost lady with long black hair in her face....

Ants_27_
20th Nov 2010, 11:21
Well I hope they re-do the enemies as the whole "look shes a girl and has hair covering her face" is getting extremely old and boring! I've seen so many things with the same thing, just like the whole Atlantis city thingy, that's not very interesting anymore either.

So I hope they add scarier enemies as for me its something TR has always lacked cause I remember playing the likes of Resident Evil and Silent Hill cause they were awesome and then started on TR. To me going into a tomb thats apparently never been entered before will have some pretty morbid creatures, ones which will be used to the surrounds putting them at an advantage. For me anyway.:)

LC is Me
20th Nov 2010, 20:38
If this game includes the Japanese mythology, shouldn't they include the one about the ghost lady with long black hair in her face....
Not all Japanese mythology is about long black haired ghosts. xD

Take the Kuchisake-onna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchisake-onna), for instance.

a_big_house
20th Nov 2010, 20:54

Take the Kuchisake-onna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchisake-onna), for instance.

That's only because its bald lmao! If it had hair it wud be black long and over it's face I'm thinking :-D

LC is Me
20th Nov 2010, 22:19
That's only because its bald lmao! If it had hair it wud be black long and over it's face I'm thinking :-D
The statue is bald, or better yet, APPEARS bald. The woman herself had hair. I don't think a samurai would marry a bald woman or take in a bald concubine.

Rexie
20th Nov 2010, 22:26
Many lovely tales to read before bedtime. Thanks guys. :o

I don't believe it's TR. Where are mah tombs?

LC is Me
20th Nov 2010, 23:02
Many lovely tales to read before bedtime. Thanks guys. :o

I don't believe it's TR. Where are mah tombs?

Old, run-down family shrines on the island?
Would that count? xD

Pulse
21st Nov 2010, 00:47

Well the entire game wouldn't have to be about it. One enemy that referenced that would be fine.

I'm really curious how they'd take Japanese mythology and create a story around it.

Rexie
21st Nov 2010, 18:59
Old, run-down family shrines on the island?
Would that count? xD

Like TR2 The Great Wall traps x5 would do just fine. XD

LC is Me
21st Nov 2010, 20:05
Well the entire game wouldn't have to be about it. One enemy that referenced that would be fine.

I'm really curious how they'd take Japanese mythology and create a story around it.
Yeah I wasn't saying it should be. I was giving an example.

@Rexie AMENNNN

Ants_27_
21st Nov 2010, 21:40
I've just been looking at some games that haven't properly been announced (I don't think anywho) and I came across Resistance 3.

Follows the man (forget his name) who gave up his gun-shooting days to start a new life, his family are taken, as always he has to get them back. But apparently a bit of it takes place on a ship that will likely crash.

EDIT - Theres a trailer so it's already been announced.:lol:

But apparently Sony are supposed to be announcing an exclusive game between the dates of 1st December and the 12th.:scratch:

DarkManos
22nd Nov 2010, 00:39
I was sure about it. I mean they never make a TR for buy and download online with no physical package so far, so G.O.L. should be a pre-game, spin off.. something. I hope it will be a new TR :). I got so excited when I red this :).

naraku
23rd Nov 2010, 06:40
I really hope it's not that PS3 exclusive Sony has been boasting. Why do I say this?

Well just think about it, folks or just us, have been making a big deal about GameInformers' January cover. If, like some people have gone farther and traced the site back to one Crystal/Eidos have used(If they are to be believed) the odds are it's TR9! Unless Crystal/Eidos have an even bigger cash cow?

Putting 2 and 2 together, my first thoughts were. Why would GameInformer make a big deal for TR9 over a major PS3 exclusive? Unless TR9 is a PS3 exclusive?! And I don't think that's the case here. So where does this put us, you may ask? That website and game is probably a new IP for the PS3 that SE is pushing and maybe it has been put in Eidos' court, not necessarily with CD's involvement.

Now I'm an optimist at heart, let's keep our hopes up, I have. I've tried to flesh out what CD has in store for us in TR9. If all the leaked info is to be believed (And I say this again, I'm an optimist at heart) me thinks, TR9 will have something to do with the "Dragon's Triangle/Devil's Sea" the clues are; Off the coast of Japan, in an Island, shipwrecks= "Dragon's Triangle" in my book and I'm sure they'll have a ridiculous explanation for said paranormal activity. So long as it is as much fun as LCGOL I'm game.:thumb:

Ants_27_
23rd Nov 2010, 09:10
But I read a report last night that Naughty Dog will be unveiling Uncharted 3 following the success of the second in the series which leads me to believe that is the PS3 exclusive but... dunno it doesn't feel right.

I doubt that will be Sony's secret game as they put it cause everybody knew it was coming and the voice actors even said it was so it has already technically been announced.

But I agree with you naraku, cause why would a game magazine chose a game like Tomb Raider which for most gamers they probably don't even give a second glance (harsh but going off underworld) over an exclusive game by one of the big companies?:scratch:

But I highly doubt Sony would take TR on again as they do have uncharted, thats their Indiana Jones so I doubt they'd want another.

_Love2Raid_
23rd Nov 2010, 18:32
Wait a minute, guys, the PS3 exclusive and the game that will be featured in the Game Informer mag are two different things! Well, most likely.

I am 99% sure that the Game Informer cover has to do with Tomb Raider. There are loads of clues pointing in that direction.

Ants_27_
23rd Nov 2010, 19:05
Wait a minute, guys, the PS3 exclusive and the game that will be featured in the Game Informer mag are two different things! Well, most likely.

I am 99% sure that the Game Informer cover has to do with Tomb Raider. There are loads of clues pointing in that direction.

True. I'd say it was more 50 - 50. The only clues you've got is a ship wrecked boat and a survivor, she survived a plane crash so to me the whole 'a survivor is born' is a bit pointless that's the main thing to which points me in the opposite direction. Plus it could generally be anything. Don't get me wrong I'm interested in that artwork that was 'leaked' so it would interest me to see how much they've improved.:)

As for the cover thing. The only thing that makes me believe that is that Sony are going to announce it either on or around the 6th December.

And in the link itself it says 'a survivor is born 2012' meaning it's connect with two years from now, not 2011 like that report sheet stated.

But one thing I happily agree, on it's pretty interesting to see peoples views and what not!:D

_Love2Raid_
24th Nov 2010, 00:37
There is more that will probably make you change your mind about this. :)
But I can´t tell you, you need to see it for yourself. :p

This is a link to a thread with over 5000 posts on tombraiderforums: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=175152

Just read the first post, the rest is spam. :nut:

Nice signature btw, that´s an Albert Einstein quote, right?

NightRain'06
24th Nov 2010, 02:12
Let me just say I cannot wait for a new TR. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ants_27_
24th Nov 2010, 07:46
Nice signature btw, that´s an Albert Einstein quote, right?

Indeed it is.:D

I meant to put Albert Einstein at the end but I just keep forgetting!:lol: And thank you by the way!

a_big_house
24th Nov 2010, 17:26
After that L2R, it so is Tomb Raider!!!

naraku
26th Nov 2010, 08:09
Well one thing is clear, it's not "Gilligan's Island; The Game"

_Love2Raid_
27th Nov 2010, 19:06
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/27/square-enix-files-trademark-for-a-survivor-is-born/

Ants_27_
27th Nov 2010, 19:55
I've heard stories that the Next Resident Evil game is going to be unveiled early December as well. C'mon Capcom, show us what you've got!:cool:

So we have Uncharted 3 being announced by Sony early December and maybe a new Resi title... Awesome stuff! All 'apparently's at this stage but hey!

Dunno why I'm bothered cause I no longer own a console 'better' than the PS2 and have no intention of buying a new next gen console just cause it broke!

a_big_house
27th Nov 2010, 23:12
I would say that's they're all early December because of the VGAs

Ants_27_
28th Nov 2010, 09:29
I would say that's they're all early December because of the VGAs

True but hey, I' intrigued to see where Naughty Dog are going graphically with Uncharted 3 and see were Capcom are taking their Horror franchise (granted, now-a-days missing the horror)!:lol:

But either way, I've noticed (going back to the cover story business) that franchises are getting reboots. Capcom plan on taking Resi back to it's roots, TR apparently going open-world and have no idea about Uncharted.

naraku
28th Nov 2010, 11:26
Just got my Game Informer. Not the most interesting issue, and that two page spread is well what has already been shown here. That of wrecked ships. I hope next issue is a bomshell that sends ripples throughout the TR fandom and media. One thing that is clear though, more hubub is being made for TR9 than SE's own FF series. Never thought I'd see the day.

chriss_99
28th Nov 2010, 21:18
So we have Uncharted 3 being announced by Sony early December and maybe a new Resi title... Awesome stuff! All 'apparently's at this stage but hey!

I think it would be really cool if all three games (Tomb Raider, Uncharted and Resident Evil) were announced in December! I'm sure it would cause a lot of discussion among fans.
Something interesting would finally started going on. :)

Ants_27_
28th Nov 2010, 21:26
I think it would be really cool if all three games (Tomb Raider, Uncharted and Resident Evil) were announced in December! I'm sure it would cause a lot of discussion among fans.
Something interesting would finally started going on. :)

It would be interesting. Providing there isn't that whole rubbish about "OMG RIPOFF!" again:rasp: But yeah, it will be interesting to hopefully discuss all three and speculate over the storylines for each and what not.:)

Rexie
29th Nov 2010, 20:09
Mmm, I love the taste of foot. (http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/mkdfan/DSC05023.jpg)

BlueSkiesXXV
30th Nov 2010, 13:05
Hurrah!!!

Here is a scan from the latest GamesMaster that I bought. Hello stranger indeed!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/blueskies55/Lara_GM.jpg

RoombelinaUK
30th Nov 2010, 14:02
Mmm, I love the taste of foot. (http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/mkdfan/DSC05023.jpg)

:nut::nut::nut:
I think I just had a TR orgasm LOOL!!

a_big_house
30th Nov 2010, 19:49
Less than 5 days!

Ants_27_
30th Nov 2010, 21:02
I've realized, I may never play Tomb Raiders from now on... or any 'next gen' game for that matter; considering my Playstation broke I don't plan on replacing it either (I've already put enough into gaming over the years!).:rasp:

Well I highly doubt it'll be anytime soon at least!

But I'm still looking forward to seeing what difference there'll be.:D

RoombelinaUK
1st Dec 2010, 14:17
I've realized, I may never play Tomb Raiders from now on... or any 'next gen' game for that matter; considering my Playstation broke I don't plan on replacing it either (I've already put enough into gaming over the years!).:rasp:

Well I highly doubt it'll be anytime soon at least!

But I'm still looking forward to seeing what difference there'll be.:D
Oh dear!! :eek::eek::eek:
I'd think twice before making a decision like that...:(

Pulse
2nd Dec 2010, 00:09
YES! She IS Back!

Ants_27_
2nd Dec 2010, 07:56
Oh dear!! :eek::eek::eek:
I'd think twice before making a decision like that...:(

I'll get another, perhaps for a self bought Christmas present. But hey, there might be a deal on somewhere!

So, we're on the 2nd of December, I'm sure I'm meant to be doing something but I've!:mad2::lol: Anywho, is it actually Tomb Raider then?

Danielsun_
2nd Dec 2010, 08:41
YES! She IS Back!

whaa whaa? say whaa? o.0

qwerty
2nd Dec 2010, 14:30
its lara bit**

Pulse
3rd Dec 2010, 18:44
whaa whaa? say whaa? o.0

Even if the Game Informer preview isn't Tomb Raider. That GamesMaster or whatever magazine has a preview for the next Tomb Raider.

a_big_house
3rd Dec 2010, 22:49
Even if the Game Informer preview isn't Tomb Raider. That GamesMaster or whatever magazine has a preview for the next Tomb Raider.

Exactly, there's no denying that TR9 exists :-)
I'm already saving my money for the day that it is released, whenever that will be.

LARALOVERnr1
5th Dec 2010, 20:23
Just a few more hours and we'll know... :p

Though that Gamemaster article already confirmed it...

Rexie
5th Dec 2010, 21:12
Just a few more hours and we'll know... :p

Though that Gamemaster article already confirmed it...

Few more hours... what? :eek:

aussie500
6th Dec 2010, 06:03
More like 8 or 9 more hours at least till we see the cover.

Denis..
6th Dec 2010, 06:21
who wha? a new tr? and maybe ps3 exclusive? uncharted 3 and re6? omg that's what i call news!
aw and im sorry to hear about your ps3 ants..
that explains why you haven't sign in psn lately

LARALOVERnr1
6th Dec 2010, 15:32
@Denis
Dont think it'll be ps3 exclusive(thank god!). The official site says it'll be for PC, Ps3 and Xbox360.

But I'm also very excited for RE6! :D

Denis..
6th Dec 2010, 16:08
well in any way i hope it's gonna be a good game not like underworld i hope..and for 18+ players? imagine how realistic it's gonna be!

LARALOVERnr1
6th Dec 2010, 16:13
well in any way i hope it's gonna be a good game not like underworld i hope..and for 18+ players? imagine how realistic it's gonna be!

I know! I've been waiting for more blood and realism since like TR: the Last Revelation or something! :eek:

Great Job, Eidos! Really like the new style you chose! :thumb:

angelus0901
6th Dec 2010, 17:00
So have they announced the new TR game?!

EDIT: Okay i see they have! What do you guys think about it?

Hoodedclaw
6th Dec 2010, 17:17
So have they announced the new TR game?!

EDIT: Okay i see they have! What do you guys think about it?

Iv went on the websites but it doesnt say anything has it been revealed yet ????:confused:

a_big_house
6th Dec 2010, 17:18
Iv went on the websites but it doesnt say anything has it been revealed yet ????:confused:

go on tombraider.com

Hoodedclaw
6th Dec 2010, 17:35
Oh Thanks buddy ! ;)
Exiting news!!!! :eek:

Ants_27_
6th Dec 2010, 18:13
Well, CD I am happy you haven't listened to the fans... you might actually get some great sales and new fans finally!

Fans don't help franchises!

@Denis - yeah, slightly annoying but I haven't really been that bothered by it breaking actually.

So have they actually put the age rating upto 18 then?

dark7angel
6th Dec 2010, 18:25
I'm LOVE this new Lara render!!!! Beautiful and much more realistic!!! :D

Natla
6th Dec 2010, 18:27
The new render is a lovely piece of work.

(Not sure what it has to do with Lara though.)

Ants_27_
6th Dec 2010, 18:27
I'm LOVE this new Lara render!!!! Beautiful and much more realistic!!! :D

I also like she actually gets hurt, or has done. It starts to bore me when she comes out of an adventure and it's like 'that was easy'.:lol:

Hmmm... the one question on my mind... Keeley? But if not I always have British TV to return to were Keeley tends to be all over the place!

kalle90
6th Dec 2010, 18:43
Two words: Reboot, fail

If that's their attitude they should have created a new franchise. New title, new hero. Don't rely on old names if you're going to change so much

Otherwise it sounds great. Quite a lot like what I wished for around here

Ants_27_
6th Dec 2010, 19:16
Two words: Reboot, fail

If that's their attitude they should have created a new franchise. New title, new hero. Don't rely on old names if you're going to change so much

Otherwise it sounds great. Quite a lot like what I wished for around here

But if they'd released a game that basically played identically to Underworld that would have even been far worse, cause I for one wouldn't even give it a second glance and I know a few gamers with that attitude. But hey, maybe I'm weird!:rasp:

dark7angel
6th Dec 2010, 19:34
But if they'd released a game that basically played identically to Underworld that would have even been far worse, cause I for one wouldn't even give it a second glance and I know a few gamers with that attitude. But hey, maybe I'm weird!:rasp:

If you're weird, then I am too!!!! :p

I wasn't sure about this reboot thing, but I think it's something that the franchise needed right now!!!

josh1122
6th Dec 2010, 19:46
hate what I've seen(cover) and now that I see that everything that was rumored awhile back is pretty much true,I'm even more disappointed

GeorgeMaciver
6th Dec 2010, 20:16
Yay, so Guardian of Light is for the kids and us older generation are getting our Lara back. Sounds good to me! Now I'm getting really excited. Let's hope it isn't full of silly Boss fights. Anyone heard about any release dates yet?

:)

josh1122
6th Dec 2010, 20:23
Yay, so Guardian of Light is for the kids and us older generation are getting our Lara back. Sounds good to me! Now I'm getting really excited. Let's hope it isn't full of silly Boss fights. Anyone heard about any release dates yet?

:)

Haven't seen an official one but I say holiday 2011

chriss_99
6th Dec 2010, 21:03
I have to say that this project looks quite impressive. I'm still shocked after seeing the cover.
I'm really glad that the new game has finally been announced, the suspense was killing me.
There are things that i already love about the game (M rated and freshness) but does it have to be a reboot again?

kalle90
6th Dec 2010, 21:11

IMO Underworld was the best TR since TLR, but I don't mind losing "Underworld 2"

What I'm after is:
1. Make it a sequel. You can make it more mature, make it sandbox etc. Lara lost almost everything in TRU so a fresh start could be symbolic
OR
2. Actually create a new franchise. New game title, new main character, change whatever you wish. Back in the day TR1 was a huge success and I'm sure it could happen again

Ants_27_
6th Dec 2010, 21:26
IMO Underworld was the best TR since TLR, but I don't mind losing "Underworld 2"

What I'm after is:
1. Make it a sequel. You can make it more mature, make it sandbox etc. Lara lost almost everything in TRU so a fresh start could be symbolic
OR
2. Actually create a new franchise. New game title, new main character, change whatever you wish. Back in the day TR1 was a huge success and I'm sure it could happen again

Well, Underworld didn't sell very well, at least not compared to other franchises which in a way were just as popular as TR back in the good old 90's. So I think CD knew that they had to basically change everything otherwise it was probably pointless.

But saying that it's probably easier to create a new game off the back of another franchise than create a brand new one as they know hard core fans will buy it no matter what.

kalle90
6th Dec 2010, 22:05
all true. it's just a shame we have to see another reboot that rides on a popular name

Denis..
6th Dec 2010, 22:11
guys ok we saw some great renders and some great trailers with underworld last time but the actual game wasn't that great as we expected it to be..don't get fooled by a render maybe the actual game will be just another good game like underworld was not that major title that gonna put lara back in the top 10 games..i really hope that im wrong and that tr9 will be awesome but from what i've seen lately by eidos with underworld..i doubt it's gonna be that great game but as i said..i hope that im wrong!

misscati98
27th Dec 2010, 17:08
i wud love to get the new tomb raider game cuz i love it loadss played on annaversery then underworld cant belive they blew up the croft manor it was lushhhh! i think also that kurtis trent should come back coz lara and him were a perfect match and he was awsomee :L

lookalikelara
27th Dec 2010, 22:26
yess I want kurtis back too!!! and the game looks fun. especially that its rated M now we can actually play more realistically. CANT WAIT!

misscati98
2nd Aug 2011, 17:42
INIT! i loved him so much <3 supid buggish flyish thingy!!

MagnaBass
19th Dec 2012, 08:44
It's funny how much we know now. :lol:

Shaikh
19th Dec 2012, 08:49
Holy hell! What a BUMP!! :eek:

blackseed32
19th Dec 2012, 10:27
Dear 2010 Tomb Raider fans, I am a Time-traveler and I come from the future to tell you some news. Tomb Raider 9 will be released on March 5th 2013 and it will be one of the best games of the year.
:lol:

Driber
19th Dec 2012, 10:35
Holy dead threads, Batman!

Yes, funny to see what we know now compared to the speculations of years ago :D

Klona13
19th Dec 2012, 11:12
Dear 2010 Tomb Raider fans, I am a Time-traveler and I come from the future to tell you some news. Tomb Raider 9 will be released on March 5th 2013 and it will be one of the best games of the year.
:lol:

What do you mean by "one of"?
*pulls out a banana*
The sentence would be so much better without it.
*walks towards you*

blackseed32
19th Dec 2012, 12:03
*pulls out a banana*
*walks towards you*

Do you think you can beat me with a cyber banana Klona? you must be brave to put your fate in front of the Lord Blackseed! :cool: I am not afraid of the Martian population! I have thousands and thousand of years of traveling through all kind of species but yours, as I see, is braver than any that I met so far. :naughty:

nevillet
19th Dec 2012, 19:13
*pulls out a banana*
*walks towards you*

Sam would thrash your banana with her orange.

Weemanply109
19th Dec 2012, 19:14
That bump made me think there was another TR game being announced simultaneously. :lol:

MeaganMarie
19th Dec 2012, 19:35
This bump confused the hell out of me. I couldn't even imagine where that rumor would have started!

AdobeArtist
19th Dec 2012, 19:39
This bump confused the hell out of me. I couldn't even imagine where that rumor would have started!

This is why threads this old should be locked :whistle:

JapaneseIsland
19th Dec 2012, 23:00
Hahahaha this confused me too.
I was like.
"Erm..Wut!?"

pidipidi39
19th Dec 2012, 23:15
How much different looked the game to me back in 2010... :) Now it is even more awesome but so much different from what i expected. I expected a survival horror with a full of suspence athmosphere and monsters. But i prefer it in the way that it is.

The_Hylden
20th Dec 2012, 01:04
This is why threads this old should be locked :whistle:

If we spent all of our time going around locking all threads that fall out of favor, we'd never have time for any fun stuff, like judging uber contests with super insane amounts of entries :rasp: Or other fun stuff, like getting up and walking around :nut:

So there.

lol

Shaikh
20th Dec 2012, 05:00
Maybe you leaked some of the inside info when you were at GameInformer at that time. :D If so, then great job Meagan by teasing us with that beautiful screen. :thumb: