PDA

View Full Version : It's time to rally the clans, we need to support this game NOW!

Unstoppable
11th Nov 2010, 20:11
Deus Ex: Human revolution is only 4 months from being released. No scratch that less than four months considering it's March, 08, 2011 release date. That means we need to hurry up and start organizing propaganda for this game. Yes you've heard right PROPAGANDA. Therefore it is time to draw the line across the sand.

You are either with me, or you are against me! "But only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes Anakin" -Obi Wan.

Ok fine! You are either with me or you're gonna be missing out!

What I need from you guys the community is to start posting amongst your frequently visited forums why this game should interest people. Is it the future tech that you can augment yourself with? What about the fact that the game will be different for everyone who plays it? The fact that you don't have to kill most people you encounter. That is certainly something refreshing for an FPS/RPG game. Sort of like Fallout but still unique.

Now you may ask yourself who are you Unstoppable and why should I care? Well first off I'm no one important but secondly you should care because the future of the franchise lies in your hands! Word of mouth is the most powerful way to advertise a product, it was successful for the original Deus Ex and proved fatal for Invisible War!

The biggest challenge this game will face is the fact it is releasing at the same exact date as Dragonage 2 from Bioware. Therefore we need to rally around Deus Ex: Human Revolution and make people see why it's the better choice. Some people are going to get both but what about those who can't decide? Here are a few pointers.

1) Deus Ex: Human Revolution has much more information out there for fans. Dragonage 2 seems to be marketed right now toward countries like Austrailia where the game perhaps isn't that popular. That means Bioware is taking for granted it's fanbase in North America. Perhaps they are also waiting a bit before releasing more details to fans in NA. This means DX:HR has a big advantage!

2) Take your photoshop skills to the next level! Create propaganda posters for DX:HR! Turn this into a War for popularity! We are going to strike first! Be deadly and creative! I have seen what you guys/gals can do and it is much better than what I can do on Photoshop!

3) People are not happy with Bioware on their forums because DA 2 seems a little bit different than DA: Origins. However recent previews have stated that you can play tactically or action oriented. However people are still upset because not enough information is out there. Therefore seize this opportunity to raise their interest in Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Eidos Montreal! Convert the masses!

4) Stellar original game of Deus Ex is widely available now via Direct Download. This is a good way to ramp up hype for Human: Revolution! I know it's available on Steam and also I believe Direct2Drive. Don't buy off Gamestop it's more expensive there.

5) Write or E-mail your favorite sources of media and stores. Tell them you want Deus Ex: Human revolution previews or to pre order it! Spread the word, you want this game bad and you want more information about it!

So all in all why should you even help promote this game?! Big sales mean more content perhaps created in future patches! More support for this game! Also more likely that we can get an expansion or a sequel if the game sells well enough. Plus Eidos Montreal will need this game to succeed to help development of Thief 4. I know you guys love the Thief franchise right?

Disclaimer:
Unstoppable is not an official spokesperson. He is just a big fan of Deus Ex and feels the need to rally the fanbase to start the hype machine. Onward to victory!

Deltaslayer
11th Nov 2010, 20:14
Well, I support this... if HR sells good they will make moar DX games, so they will be able to reward us for making HR bad.

xsamitt
11th Nov 2010, 20:14
I agree.......DX NEEDS US TO GIVE IT ALL WE CAN AS FANS.MY facebook will get an update.

Pinky_Powers
11th Nov 2010, 20:17
This is too weird this.

K^2
11th Nov 2010, 20:18
I deal in absolutes, Unstoppable, and I'm afraid I'm going to be against you.

I have no reason to believe that this game deserves good sales. Until Em convinces me of that, I'm not going to recommend it to anyone.

This is too weird this.
If it's too weird for Pinky, the rest of us have no hope.

Pretentious Old Man.
11th Nov 2010, 20:19
I refuse to propagandise this. It sounds heartless, but A.) I don't want DX to become mainstream'd, and B.) I don't much like the sound of the "ten year plan", comrade.

So I want it to sell enough for everyone to earn their wage and make a nice, similar sequel and be happy, but not be such a phenomenon that it becomes CoDified overnight. Kk?

Kodaemon
I deal in absolutes, Unstoppable, and I'm afraid I'm going to be against you.

I have no reason to believe that this game deserves good sales. Until Em convinces me of that, I'm not going to recommend it to anyone.

This.

Coyotegrey
Best thread of the year.

Bluey71
11th Nov 2010, 20:28
Sorry dude but why should I support a game that is DX in name only?

We should be doing the opposite and avoiding buying a game that has sucked out the best parts of the original and replaced them with the modern 'cool'. Have you not read the recent posts or did you ignore them?

*sigh*

Rindill the Red
11th Nov 2010, 20:29
I refuse to propagandise this. It sounds heartless, but A.) I don't want DX to become mainstream'd, and B.) I don't much like the sound of the "ten year plan", comrade.

So I want it to sell enough for everyone to earn their wage and make a nice, similar sequel and be happy, but not be such a phenomenon that it becomes CoDified overnight. Kk?

I'd have to wait to see if the game is worth propagandizing. If they have kept true to the tenants of the original and delivered a truly remarkable immersive sim and video game, then I'll be all for some community marketing... but if it has veered too much or falls short of what I think it could be, I want it to only do well enough to warrant another (and much better) sequel.

The problem with hyper-success is that the developers suddenly become unable to change the formula for fear of losing sales.

pha
If they aren't competent enough to appropriately promote their own game, why should I bother?

WildcatPhoenix

This one earned a ride on the ROFLcopter. :lol:

I've been a Deus Ex evangelist ever since 2000. I've tried to convert every gamer within earshot over the past 10 years, with varying results. The fact of the matter is this- I'm not sold yet on DXHR, and until that happens, I refuse to try to sell anyone else on it.

Bluey71
11th Nov 2010, 20:34
I've been a Deus Ex evangelist ever since 2000. I've tried to convert every gamer within earshot over the past 10 years, with varying results. The fact of the matter is this- I'm not sold yet on DXHR

Same here. Not only DX but also the first two thief games and of course SS2. We already have enough of the modern 'cool', gamers really don't need any more.

xsamitt
11th Nov 2010, 20:36
So much hate and not enough women to put smiles on our faces.

Rindill the Red
11th Nov 2010, 20:38
I think Squeenix has done a pretty good job promoting their own game through the pre-gen trailers and hype train.

Unstoppable
11th Nov 2010, 20:41
I understand if you don't like the game as it stands and that's fine. For those that do we will support the game because we believe in the development team. They have been very lenient in terms of leaked information for one. Secondly the game looks and plays smoothly which is a testament to the level of programmers they have on the team as well as artistic style. Finally all signs point that the game will be good and fun to play. That's enough to warrant my approval. It only took them like 2 years since the announcement to convince me so I'm not just jumping on the hype wagon. I am supporting them because I genuienly believe they are out to produce something worthwhile. Therefore GOGO Eidos Montreal!

Pinky_Powers
11th Nov 2010, 20:41
This one earned a ride on the ROFLcopter. :lol:

I've been a Deus Ex evangelist ever since 2000. I've tried to convert every gamer within earshot over the past 10 years, with varying results. The fact of the matter is this- I'm not sold yet on DXHR, and until that happens, I refuse to try to sell anyone else on it.

Ho ho. We stand together again. :D

After I've played it, and if I find it worthy, I'll sell it to whoever I can with strangely erotic tales, as I do with Deus Ex.

I have been talking about Human Revolution, in a general sense, though. I'm excited for it, and I can't help myself. I want folk to know about it and get interested. But that's as far as I take it. I'm not going to suggest they buy it or tell them it's great until I know it is. And I'm certainly not going to participate in some manic propaganda campaign, as though this game I've never played is Elvis reborn.

The only propaganda I spew is of my own supreme swell'ness.

Corpus
11th Nov 2010, 20:42
I think Squeenix has done a pretty good job promoting their own game through the pre-gen trailers and hype train.

Hardly. People love the trailers but there just isn't enough interest or hype for the actual game.

Unstoppable
11th Nov 2010, 20:55
Hardly. People love the trailers but there just isn't enough interest or hype for the actual game.

Which is the reason for this thread. It is going head to head vs Dragonage 2 and Bioware has a massive following.

Kodaemon
11th Nov 2010, 21:00
What? Just how are DX:HR and DA2 direct competitors?...

Rindill the Red
11th Nov 2010, 21:02

I could see Mass Effect 3 vs. DX:HR... both FPS/RPG sci-fi games... but lets face it, if someone buys Mass Effect 3, they are likely going to buy DX:HR too.

Corpus
11th Nov 2010, 21:05

Both RPG games. But any hyped game released around the time of another hyped game is counted as competitors these days.

Unstoppable
11th Nov 2010, 21:27
As stated above both are RPG games and both are scheduled to be released MARCH 08, 2011. A direct HEAD TO HEAD competition.

I'm pretty sure both Bioware and Square Enix/Eidos Montreal know this. Which is why Bioware is so secretive of their game Dragonage 2 even though it's an entirely different universe it's still an RPG.

As for Mass Effect fans they have to hear and get interested in Deus Ex to purchase it, that's where you guys come in!

Donvermicelli
11th Nov 2010, 21:43
The way I see it is like this: as longs as the devs do not reveal that they actually care for the franchise (talking about the most heard complaints here: health regen, third person, over mainstraiming this game in short) I will NOT now or ever recommend this game to anyone. If the devs show me that they actually do care I will do my best to tell this to all who I think should love this game and appreciate it in the same way I do.

In short what I want is an explanation from the devs why they so desperately wanted to implement health regen and third person when in the initial stages before they were that far developed people already revealed that they did not like this.

Ashpolt
11th Nov 2010, 21:50
As stated above both are RPG games and both are scheduled to be released MARCH 08, 2011

Where are you getting your information from? Last I heard DXHR had no specific release date set, but it would be sometime in February 2011.

Also, there's no way in hell I'm promoting this game to anyone unless Eidos suddenly and unexpectedly turns a corner and does a hell of a lot to make this more appealing to people who don't just want yet another action packed cinematic yawnfest. I refuse to support the dumbing down of my favourite franchise.

Unstoppable
11th Nov 2010, 21:51
Well I was looking at the release dates on Gamestop but I did forget that it's early 2011 for Deus Ex 3 so the release date might change now that you bring it up. Still it's launch around the same time of many other high quality games like Dead Space 2 and Dragonage 2.

Donvermicelli
11th Nov 2010, 21:52
Where are you getting your information from? Last I heard DXHR had no specific release date set, but it would be sometime in February 2011.

Also, there's no way in hell I'm promoting this game to anyone unless Eidos suddenly and unexpectedly turns a corner and does a hell of a lot to make this more appealing to people who don't just want yet another action packed cinematic yawnfest. I refuse to support the dumbing down of my favourite franchise. Amen to that.

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 00:20
...Yeah, I might as well. I know a few people who'd be interested in this type of game.

BigBoss
12th Nov 2010, 00:22
I really hope the shooting in this is better than mass effect. fallout gets a pass because it has sooooooo much in it, but a non open world like ME or dxhr don't really have an excuse

Fluffis
12th Nov 2010, 00:31
I consider myself almost as weird as Pinky, so I'll just say: this is too weird.

If they paid me enough, I'd stand naked in the streets of Stockholm waving my willy - with its freshly tattooed "Check Out Deus Ex: Human Revolution" - around, shouting slogans at the top of my lungs. As it stands, they are not paying me enough, so I won't be doing anything of the sort. In fact; they are not paying me at all, so I won't be promoting it until I've played it... and if I actually find it good.

K^2
12th Nov 2010, 00:43
I consider myself almost as weird as Pinky, so I'll just say: this is too weird.
You're at least one cigar-smoking octopus short of Pinky, but noted nonetheless.

IOOI
12th Nov 2010, 00:43
Also, there's no way in hell I'm promoting this game to anyone unless Eidos suddenly and unexpectedly turns a corner and does a hell of a lot to make this more appealing to people who don't just want yet another action packed cinematic yawnfest. I refuse to support the dumbing down of my favourite franchise.

My dream: EM devs having some extra 6 months and 5 million (dollars or euros, you choose) - *NOT FOR MARKETING!* - to make the game more Deus ex-y. :cool:

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 00:55
I can't help but to wonder what that would actually do.

FrankCSIS
12th Nov 2010, 01:07
I'm still waiting on a decent viral marketing strategy. I can't fathom going from boards to boards, like a viking, shoving the game down their virgin arses. What would I promote it with, anyway, the trailers? Everyone's seen the trailers.

Most important of all though, is the fact that my inside child can only be unreasonably excited about one project at a time, and right now, for some strange reason, I'm overly excited and focused on Tron Legacy. I can't explain it, really, but it's a fact. Once I've seen it two or three times in IMAX 3D, and after I've had my share of turkey, meat pies, and other christmas delights, I stand a chance to be more excited about HR.

Of course...A demo may change all of this, and swing me over...

This is where I wink and nudge, EM fellas. Pay attention, and think about it :p

IOOI
12th Nov 2010, 01:08
I can't help but to wonder what that would actually do.

Give FPV for ladder climbing, takedown animations, and implement a Leaning system.
Now someone grab a calculator and do the math.

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 01:30
So you think marketing is the cause of that? As in, advertisements and such? So if there were no trailers, advertisements, demos, and such, then there would be no third-person?

AlexOfSpades
12th Nov 2010, 01:37
I think it's already too late, but they could make an ARG.

Check this.

www.ilovebees.com

This was actually a secret part of the marketing for Halo 2, i think. The "game" involved real people receiving messages on the radio and mobile phones, being invited to solve mysterious puzzles. Apparently, this game connects to the Halo story somehow.

Naturally, Goddess Wikia has a lot to talk about this too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Bees

Eidos could perhaps make one of those games, which would fit the theme perfectly (Real life conspiracies!).

I'm sure it would boost DXHR popularity a real lot.

Fluffis
12th Nov 2010, 01:38
So you think marketing is the cause of that? As in, advertisements and such? So if there were no trailers, advertisements, demos, and such, then there would be no third-person?

That is a very narrow view of marketing.

FrankCSIS
12th Nov 2010, 01:44
Eidos could perhaps make one of those games, which would fit the theme perfectly (Real life conspiracies!).

Cyberpunk and viral marketing were made for one another. If any genre, of any medium, has ever been more ripe for this type of secretive, perverse advertisement, I'd like to hear of it. Why a viral campaign hasn't already started for HR is beyond me.

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 01:44
That is a very narrow view of marketing.
Enlighten me, then. I'd also like to know how spending money comes into it.

IOOI
12th Nov 2010, 01:52

No, what I mean is that Marketing department would have to hold their plans - once again. I think Marketing has its share already and will have more after the game sells. So no need to give them more now. :D

In no way I'm relating TP with Marketing - though I could think of some way.

We need more DX and less BS - though Marketing is quite low on that right now. :p

Fluffis
12th Nov 2010, 01:56
Enlighten me, then. I'd also like to know how spending money comes into it.

Well, for one there is Marketing Research. This, essentially, tells a company what trends are happening at the moment and which ones are likely to disappear/appear, and the way these trends could be exploited.

I'm not all that knowledgeable about big business, but I wouldn't be surprised if marketing research was a part of the overall budget for the game. More marketing = less budget for the rest. I could be way off, of course. It's just a guess.

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 02:00
So you really think they'd spend five million on that?

No, what I mean is that Marketing department would have to hold their plans - once again. I think Marketing has its share already and will have more after the game sells. So no need to give them more now. :D

In no way I'm relating TP with Marketing - though I could think of some way.

We need more DX and less BS - though Marketing is quite low on that right now. :p
You said that six more months and $5 million not for marketing would mean more first-person and lean keys. I'm having a hard time seeing how that would work.

FrankCSIS
12th Nov 2010, 02:02
If they had 5 more millions anyway, what they should really spend it on is affordable Jensen sunglasses.

Fluffis
12th Nov 2010, 02:03
If they had 5 more millions anyway, what they should really spend it on is affordable Jensen sunglasses.

And stickers for your mobile phone.

mentalkase
12th Nov 2010, 02:06
Cyberpunk and viral marketing were made for one another. If any genre, of any medium, has ever been more ripe for this type of secretive, perverse advertisement, I'd like to hear of it. Why a viral campaign hasn't already started for HR is beyond me.

This is exactly right. If any game is well suited to and deserves a really well thought out and interesting viral campaign it's a Deus Ex game.

As i've said elsewhere I don't personally need to be convinced that this game is going to be good, I like what i've seen so far (with reservations about certain elements) but that doesn't mean I feel inclined to spread the word about it until i've tried it myself in a demo. It's up to dev team to promote their own game.

It would instill more confidence if they were to treat it as what we all hope it could be, something truly special and not just another action game. I do think that Deus Ex is a difficult game to promote easily, as it would be hard to convey its depth in a small demonstration, so they need to find other ways to impress on the public that it's more than what it at first appears to be.

Ashpolt
12th Nov 2010, 02:09
You said that six more months and $5 million not for marketing would mean more first-person and lean keys. I'm having a hard time seeing how that would work.

He obviously meant "Not for marketing" in the sense of "for development." At least, seemed obvious to me.

As someone who works in marketing, and in a much smaller (and hence cheaper) field than EM, I can safely say: you'd be surprised how expensive marketing is. Five million dollars for EM's marketing department will be a not particularly significant amount.

IOOI
12th Nov 2010, 02:10

LoL. Wishful thinking. That's why I said it was "my dream" and for someone else to "grab the calculator and do the math", but as it seems you were too quick doing it.

Congratulations! :thumb:

Now we need someone to check if your math is good. :D

He obviously meant "Not for marketing" in the sense of "for development." At least, seemed obvious to me.

Yes. :)

As someone who works in marketing, and in a much smaller (and hence cheaper) field than EM, I can safely say: you'd be surprised how expensive marketing is. Five million dollars for EM's marketing department will be a not particularly significant amount.

They're like junkies begging for money to buy lunch, but actually end spending it all in drugs. :p (Don't take it personal Ashpolt. ;) )

K^2
12th Nov 2010, 02:11
A viral campaign for a game that involves conspiracy, espionage, riots, terrorism, and high-tech weaponry? Someone's going to end up getting arrested.

HellKittyDan
12th Nov 2010, 02:16
Deus Ex: Human Revolution has much more information out there for fans. Dragonage 2 seems to be marketed right now toward countries like Austrailia where the game perhaps isn't that popular.

What?

FrankCSIS
12th Nov 2010, 02:19
Someone's going to end up getting arrested.

And what a stunt that would be!

Department of Homeland Security has dismantled a group of men operating a fake software company known as Eidos Montreal. The agency was especially suspicious of the company when they realised it had not released a single product since their opening. It has later been revealed that some of the key admnistration staff came from CAE, one of the biggest flight simulator company in the world. Stranger still were the blueprints of advanced weaponry found on site, the reports of cooperation with a satellite engineer, as well as shaddy Japanese fundings.

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 02:22
Yes, exactly. The implication was that he thinks they're spending too much on marketing.

If that's the case, then his post makes even less sense.

To be honest, IOOI, I have no idea what you're trying to say. If it's your dream, then you must have quite some surreal dreams.

Ashpolt
12th Nov 2010, 02:39
Yes, exactly. The implication was that he thinks they're spending too much on marketing.

Nope, read his post again: it just means in his hypothetical situation where EM are given an extra 6 months and 5 million dollars to work on the game, he wants that to be spent on development, not marketing. He doesn't anywhere make reference to their current (or, indeed, real) spend.

IOOI
12th Nov 2010, 02:42

No, not really. But if they are, then the Marketing Dpt. people must be the BS kings, because I've yet to see some actual marketing and it's effectiveness (which we'll know for sure once the game's shipped).

If that's the case, then his post makes even less sense.

I'm pretty sure the Marketing Dpt. wouldn't have any trouble asking for money. They're good at it. :poke:

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 02:44
So, why were you taking jabs at marketing again?

Nope, read his post again: it just means in his hypothetical situation where EM are given an extra 6 months and 5 million dollars to work on the game, he wants that to be spent on development, not marketing. He doesn't anywhere make reference to their current (or, indeed, real) spend.
Yes, I know what he said. Notice that I said "implication."

IOOI
12th Nov 2010, 02:51
So, why were you taking jabs at marketing again?

Because you lowered your guard and started taunting!? :nut:

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 03:21
...I what?

So since we're all mad here, what's your specific insanity?

TrickyVein
12th Nov 2010, 03:26
I'm mad...

mad in love, with youuuuuuu...

IOOI
12th Nov 2010, 03:35
I have this suddent urge to sing "Mamma Mia". :hmm:

Shralla
12th Nov 2010, 03:51

If their current formula works, why would they "CoDify" it? Last I checked, "CoDifying" happened because Call of Duty found a formula that works, so other people wanted to emulate it. If what they're doing in this game works, they're not going to change it significantly, and they're sure as hell not going to throw things in willy nilly.

K^2
12th Nov 2010, 04:03
So since we're all mad here, what's your specific insanity?
I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry.

Pinky_Powers
12th Nov 2010, 05:02
I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry.

Jesus god! You're quite the enigma!

RyoThorn
12th Nov 2010, 05:11
Allow me to insert some words in to the heart of this. I see a lot of jaded people out there, and throughout this thread they've been bawwing a lot. I can understand that. HR won't be Deus 1. I can understand that you don't want to market it. That's good, don't be tools. At the same time, if you hate the game, why are you here? You know that deep down inside you love it. Just like you love the idea of doing twins but would never admit to it to your mom. Well, most of you wouldn't anyway.

See? I can do crazy too.

Pinky_Powers
12th Nov 2010, 05:28
Just like you love the idea of doing twins but would never admit to it to your mom. Well, most of you wouldn't anyway.

See? I can do crazy too.

There's nothing crazy about that. I'd love to do a pair of fine twins while my mum and gran watched from a dark corner.

mentalkase
12th Nov 2010, 05:52
There's nothing crazy about that. I'd love to do a pair of fine twins while my mum and gran watched from a dark corner.

Are you this provocative in RL?

Jerion
12th Nov 2010, 06:04
Without at least a demo at which to point people, I wouldn't hype this to the various gaming communities I know. Simply talking about it excitedly doesn't mean a damn thing at the end of the day; for the real PC gamers I know to get excited they need to understand and play it for themselves.

Pinky_Powers
12th Nov 2010, 06:05
Are you this provocative in RL?

I tend to leave an impression wherever I go, if that's what you mean.

RyoThorn
12th Nov 2010, 06:11

An impression on a couple twins, am I right!?

K^2
12th Nov 2010, 06:38
That gives me an idea. I'm going to compile a list of weird events reported in the news over the past two decades, rank them by weirdness, take weighted average of their locations, and I should get your address.

Unless you moved. I might have to try and fit it to a curve in space-time.

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 06:55
When you do, tell me where, and I'll pay him a little "visit." :)

Kodaemon
12th Nov 2010, 06:57
if you hate the game

Argh, this again...

Seriously, what's with the binary thinking? Is it really only possible to either love the game unconditionally or hate it?

OwlSolar
12th Nov 2010, 06:58
Well, they are possibilities. I'm pretty sure at least some people actually hate this game.

Unstoppable
12th Nov 2010, 09:17
There are some really good ideas here people could take into Photoshop. I might try such a project. Also as stated above if you don't like the way the game is headed and you hat eit oh so much then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Meanwhile I'll be enjoying my Deus Ex come spring. :D

RyoThorn
12th Nov 2010, 13:10
Argh, this again...

Seriously, what's with the binary thinking? Is it really only possible to either love the game unconditionally or hate it?

Tisk tisk. There's various levels of hatred sir. You can hate certain aspects of the game, hate the whole thing, hate how it's presented... there's lots of ways to hate! I'd be surprised if most of us didn't have at least a little hate. Besides, you're bawwwing over my pointing out that people are bawwing. That's counterproductive! :rasp:

Daedalus CiarĂ¡n
12th Nov 2010, 15:24
If their current formula works, why would they "CoDify" it? Last I checked, "CoDifying" happened because Call of Duty found a formula that works, so other people wanted to emulate it. If what they're doing in this game works, they're not going to change it significantly, and they're sure as hell not going to throw things in willy nilly.

Allow me to share with you the Schumacher Principle: Warner Brothers hire Joel Schumacher to make a more light hearted Batman film in the mid 90s because the previous film, Batman Returns, didn't sell as well, or was as critically received as they hoped. Batman Forever is made, with more kid friendly, popcorn villians and images but still maintaining some of the threat and moodiness of the original two films. The film does well, and merchandise sells well in part thanks to the popcorn elements. Did Warner Brothers continue to make the same half way point film that Batman Forever was? No. They made Batman and Robin, an expansion of the more commercially successful elements of BF at the expense of the moddier elements previously present.

If DXHR is a success then there's a need to improve on the elements which made it more of a commercial success than the original. Thus, the worry being, that EM will be convinced that the more mainstream elements, missing from the originals (ie. Regenerating Health, cover system, radar, TP and FP switching, loss of player control in takedowns etc) need to be expanded. The point is, DXHR is Batman Forever in some people's minds here, but if its a success then there will, according to the Schumacher Principle, be a CODifying: an expansion of the more mainstream/popcorn elements. DX4 then, will be Batman and Robin.

I assume that was what POM was getting at anyway.

Pinky_Powers
12th Nov 2010, 15:25
That gives me an idea. I'm going to compile a list of weird events reported in the news over the past two decades, rank them by weirdness, take weighted average of their locations, and I should get your address.

Unless you moved. I might have to try and fit it to a curve in space-time.

You could just ask for my address. :)