PDA

View Full Version : INVENTORY - First fuzzy screenshot

MrFoxter
8th Nov 2010, 21:42
Better something than nothing :)
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7630/inventoryr.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/inventoryr.jpg/)

Pinky_Powers
8th Nov 2010, 21:55
Yeah, looks good. :)

Corpus
8th Nov 2010, 21:58
Interesting. I HATE the ammo count popup on in that video though.

Pinky_Powers
8th Nov 2010, 22:04
Interesting. I HATE the ammo count popup on in that video though.

Oh, you're not alone there. I refuse to believe that is a forced feature... :hmm:

Jerion
8th Nov 2010, 22:07
Interesting how much space even smallish weapons take up, hmm?

Coyotegrey
8th Nov 2010, 22:08
Interesting how much space even smallish weapons take up, hmm?

Even the inventory system follows the "choice" theme.

KSingh77
8th Nov 2010, 22:10
Looks just like the original DX1 inventory menu.

MrFoxter
8th Nov 2010, 22:11
7 x 14 = 98. Is it too much? Will number of available space depend on your strength? I wonder.

Jerion
8th Nov 2010, 22:14
7 x 14 = 98. Is it too much? Will number of available space depend on your strength? I wonder.

I remember something to that effect being mentioned in an interview.

subtlesnake
8th Nov 2010, 22:18
I remember something to that effect being mentioned in an interview.
It's weird how you have to pretend you haven't played the game.

jd10013
8th Nov 2010, 22:26
this looks promising

Pinky_Powers
8th Nov 2010, 22:28

lol.

Yeah Mickey, who you foolin'? :D

PS. This has a weird aura of Déj* vu to it. I swear we had this same conversation nearly a year ago. But that doesn't make sense, does it? :scratch:

WildcatPhoenix
8th Nov 2010, 22:32
I dig it. :thumb:

nomotog
8th Nov 2010, 22:53

That is about the size of 16 hand guns, but there is not reason to believe your basic inventory is that big. All the other demos have been done with one cheat or another.

One of the interviews did talk about a upgrade for the arms that improved your inventory space.

Also do we know what else we will be carrying besides guns and weapons?

Jerion
8th Nov 2010, 22:56

Imagine how I feel? Always lurking in the shadows, wanting, trying to say things that I can't say. It's weird man.

Kodaemon
8th Nov 2010, 22:56

Grenades and mines. :lmao:

Irate_Iguana
8th Nov 2010, 22:59
Always lurking in the shadows

No such thing. Line of sight and sound only.

Kodaemon
8th Nov 2010, 23:00
And OOBE instead of leaning.

Jerion
8th Nov 2010, 23:00

Dammit! Foiled again. It looks like I'll need a new perspective on my line.

Kodaemon
8th Nov 2010, 23:04
Well, you don't have to step outside yourself if you don't want to.

Or do you.

Jerion
8th Nov 2010, 23:06
Well, you don't have to step outside yourself if you don't want to.

Or do you.

OOOOooooOOOOo!

In all seriousness, I think the inventory in that shot looks good. I wonder how it'll be changed, in look or substance, after that searched-for UI programmer comes on.

I think the FAQ is due for another update.

K^2
8th Nov 2010, 23:37
This is a first image in too long a time that brings with it some quantity of hope.

Rindill the Red
8th Nov 2010, 23:43

Nah, he's free to lurk in the shadows... but everyone can see him anyway and it just makes him look like a creep.

Ashpolt
8th Nov 2010, 23:50
I don't hate it! Woohoo!

[FGS]Shadowrunner
8th Nov 2010, 23:58
16 handguns or 4 large weapons sounds about right. I used to drop my gep at Queens Tower and pick up the DTS, chop my way through Hong Kong and return to Queens Towers to pick up the gep again, didn't use DTS again until I tranquilized Toby Atanwe, took one off him. So that inventory looks promising I would say...

OwlSolar
9th Nov 2010, 00:29
Candy bars. Heck yes. :cool:

FrankCSIS
9th Nov 2010, 00:38
If I can carry 12 pistols and a handful of candy, I'll be in badass heaven.

OwlSolar
9th Nov 2010, 00:39
Wait, I forgot to mention cigarettes and liquor.

MrFoxter
9th Nov 2010, 10:40
Finally, Adam will be able to run his own business. Weapons, grenades, landmines, ammo, cigarettes, booze and candybars always sell well.

Deltaslayer
9th Nov 2010, 10:57
A inventory that big and no melee weapons, what a shame.

Irate_Iguana
9th Nov 2010, 11:33
A inventory that big and no melee weapons, what a shame.

And no medkits, lockpicks and multitools either. Consumables such as bulletproof vests and thermoptic camo aren't confirmed either.

subtlesnake
9th Nov 2010, 12:21
Wasn't it confirmed you could heal yourself using consumables as well?

Esnuk
9th Nov 2010, 12:34
Does anyone have the video link from which that image come from?

Esnuk
9th Nov 2010, 12:37
Sorry. I did not see that it was already in the forum. :p

AlexOfSpades
9th Nov 2010, 13:27
This inventory talk remembers me how the Dragon Tooth sword occupied so many slots in the inventory, back in the first Deus Ex. I can't see why, since it has an energy blade, and apparently, JC Denton stores it with the blade turned on?

Wouldnt that cut and rip everything? And why does he store the blade On?

Is like putting a turned on chainsaw in your backpack. JC is nuts

Anyways, i approve the new inventory. Thank you, whoever did it :3

Its huuuge! I can store maaany Dragon Tooth's now.

Red
9th Nov 2010, 13:35
Well the thing with DT was game/difficulty/resource balancing. Can't have such a powerful weapon using only a single slot of inventory space. It's an RPG thing (not the rocket launcher :P). Sure it's less realistic, but it had to be done so.

AlexOfSpades
9th Nov 2010, 13:45
Well the thing with DT was game/difficulty/resource balancing. Can't have such a powerful weapon using only a single slot of inventory space. It's an RPG thing (not the rocket launcher :P). Sure it's less realistic, but it had to be done so.

Other funny thing was that the prod, for example, required batteries to work ;

However the Dragon Tooth (which probably requires way more energy) requires no battery.

I'm not criticizing the game, just stating a few odd facts.

I understand what you say. I think it was the same thing with those PS20 disposable plasma devices. You could carry only one.

Just balancing, i think. Otherwise you could spam plasma in the earlier levels.

Gaunt88
9th Nov 2010, 13:52
@ AlexofSpades: Damn, you're reminding me how much I wish I could have gone all Derringer Meryl on MJ-12 with a couple of dozen PS20s ;)

Anyway, is that an ammo icon I see? Will ammunition take up space as well? Might explain why it's so big when a lot of the consumables have been cut.

Happy
9th Nov 2010, 14:08
Shadowrunner;1519779']16 handguns or 4 large weapons sounds about right...

But not really realistic, is it? I mean, where would you carry 16 handguns on your person? Perhaps they will have Adam sling a duffle bag - if they allow us to carry 5,000 rounds of ammo and 16 handguns on our person (as well as allow instant access and freeze game play upon accessing) It will ruin the "realisim" and immersion for me.

WildcatPhoenix
9th Nov 2010, 14:15
This inventory talk remembers me how the Dragon Tooth sword occupied so many slots in the inventory, back in the first Deus Ex. I can't see why, since it has an energy blade, and apparently, JC Denton stores it with the blade turned on?

Wouldnt that cut and rip everything? And why does he store the blade On?

Is like putting a turned on chainsaw in your backpack. JC is nuts

I'm sure the only reason it took up so many slots had something to do with how overpowered it was. Just a matter of weapon balance (they couldn't let players carry a DTS, sniper rifle, GEP gun, and plasma rifle + LAMs and whatnot). Once you pick up the Dragon's Tooth, melee becomes a breeze, even against MJ12 commandos. So, to compensate, they made it take up a lot of inventory slots.

Red
9th Nov 2010, 14:20
The way I see it, in HR the stack level number of ammo will be low -> lot's of slots occupied by ammo.

Maybe the upgrades of weapons will also cost space/expand gun size in the inventory?

WildcatPhoenix
9th Nov 2010, 14:24
Maybe the upgrades of weapons will also cost space/expand gun size in the inventory?

Now that is a great idea. Makes you think twice about adding that extended clip or silencer modification. Any time you force the player to make a choice is a great design decision, in my mind.

Pinky_Powers
9th Nov 2010, 15:22
Could the Dragon Tooth Sword ever be turned Off? I was under the impression it was not a Lightsaber, but a self-sharpening Nanoblade. It seems unreasonable that it should ever be switched Off and stored as just a hilt. :scratch:

Red
9th Nov 2010, 15:31
Yeah, but if you have nano-sharp blade... Where are you going to holster it actually?

:woomp: (<- lightsaber sound) pants fall off... JC: "A blade!"

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Nov 2010, 15:32
Better something than nothing :)
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7630/inventoryr.jpg (http://img529.imageshack.us/i/inventoryr.jpg/)

Delicious! Reminded me of a bee hive when I first looked at it. :D

nomotog
9th Nov 2010, 16:21
Can any one read the name on the tab next to the inventory. It looks like the word map, but I can't tell.

TheYouthCounselor
9th Nov 2010, 16:29
But not really realistic, is it? I mean, where would you carry 16 handguns on your person? Perhaps they will have Adam sling a duffle bag - if they allow us to carry 5,000 rounds of ammo and 16 handguns on our person (as well as allow instant access and freeze game play upon accessing) It will ruin the "realisim" and immersion for me.

zWF5TyLca1w

BigBoss
9th Nov 2010, 17:13
At the end I was expecting him to pull a rocket launcher out of his ass.

chickenbrothel
9th Nov 2010, 21:48

I would imagine that a lot has changed since he played it. Especially things of a UI/inventory nature, which usually change many times before release.

Shralla
9th Nov 2010, 21:53

Are you being serious right now? If not, why would you bother to post?

Happy
9th Nov 2010, 21:54
zWF5TyLca1w

Ha ha! But can he move and do those "awesome" barrle rolls in third person? Or bend over and drag a body with the shotgun down his pants?

Impressive though!

Yes I was being serious - why - did I say something wrong?

chickenbrothel
9th Nov 2010, 21:57
From what I can tell from the screenshot, I really like the new inventory. A lot. And it's good to be able to say that I'm perfectly, completely satisfied with an aspect of the game. :)

Gaunt88
9th Nov 2010, 22:08

It's not worse than JC's Trenchcoat-And-Relative-Dimensions-In-Space :p

This sort of thing never really bugs me in games. At some point you've got to screw realism for the sake of, you know, making a game.

If it bothers you, just pretend he's storing all of it on his thighs, waist, and on his shoulders/small of his back Mass-Effect-style.

Fluffis
9th Nov 2010, 22:20
It's not worse than JC's Trenchcoat-And-Relative-Dimensions-In-Space :p

Nice one! :D

OwlSolar
10th Nov 2010, 01:26
Because it's funny. :D

68_pie
10th Nov 2010, 01:40
Do we know yet whether we'll be able to rotate inventory items or if there will be an auto-sort feature?

BigBoss
10th Nov 2010, 03:37

Yeah. What heros would have 16 handguns on them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUAJXDfj54
Oh wait, only the coolest, most badass badasses in the history of badass.

Shralla
10th Nov 2010, 03:43
Yes I was being serious - why - did I say something wrong?

You mean other than the fact that you can carry just as much in the original Deus Ex, where pistols only took up a single inventory slot?

TheYouthCounselor
10th Nov 2010, 05:39
Ha ha! But can he move and do those "awesome" barrle rolls in third person? Or bend over and drag a body with the shotgun down his pants?

Impressive though!

No, unless he has compartments in his prosthetics, he would probably be forced to move around like the characters from the original Deus Ex. JC Denton had 25 inventory slots, and ammo didn't take up any space.

Happy
10th Nov 2010, 14:51
You mean other than the fact that you can carry just as much in the original Deus Ex, where pistols only took up a single inventory slot?

Fair point - but I never liked that about the original either though - I know this is only a game, but I do like to try and keep some sense of realism to it - especially since it's supposed to be set in our world.

Otherwise, why not just give Adam magic powers, angles wings, stone skin, and the ability to time travel? :)

Anyways - I was only commenting - didn't mean to get any of you guys het up about it.

OwlSolar
11th Nov 2010, 00:41
You always have to take some breaks from reality so a game will remain fun.

Stone skin actually sounds pretty neat, though.

Gaunt88
11th Nov 2010, 01:08
Indeed, the other extreme is just as stupid - Adam dies from one or two bullets to the chest, causing the game to erase your save-file, as well as causing your computer/console to self-destruct, and putting you on an inernational blacklist to ensure you can't buy another one.

How's that for realism for you? ;)

TheYouthCounselor
11th Nov 2010, 07:03
Fair point - but I never liked that about the original either though - I know this is only a game, but I do like to try and keep some sense of realism to it - especially since it's supposed to be set in our world.

Otherwise, why not just give Adam magic powers, angles wings, stone skin, and the ability to time travel? :)

Anyways - I was only commenting - didn't mean to get any of you guys het up about it.

The technology presented in the previous Deus Ex titles already equates to magic powers. Through nanobots, JC Denton can leap over a building in a single bound (though he gets no wings), his skin can become HARDER than stone, and though he doesn't time travel, he teleports and is able to change the weather at whim.