PDA

View Full Version : User Rating For LCGOL..(for those who finished it)

Denis..
6th Nov 2010, 18:28
Ok after completing LCGOL 100% and unlocked all the trophies i have to share my thoughts about it..this game is much better than tomb raider underworld for me and i liked it a lot! although the story is just chasing the bad guy but the gameplay ang graphics are beautiful!

gameplay is like underworld's which i liked it but lara hasn't weird moves like in underworld! the opponents are easy though even on hard and the puzzles are child's game to solve..there are 4 or 5 really overpowered weapons and the opponents just dying with a single shot, even the big ones aren't a challenge but some of the ingame challenges are difficult like the time trial at the forgotten gate level and the one in toxic swamp"s labyrinth not to take any poison damage!

the graphics are just beautiful and the places are carefully created with detail. the lightning is realistic and the explosions are big ones! there are levels near the end of the game with lava and the lava is like a real one! im impressed with what just an arcade game can do! it's now among my favourites!

The trophies\achievements are easy to earn and it's a good thing for the hunters and for those who want it completed 100%! (like me)

my overview: the game is different from the previous tomb raiders but it has the same delicious flavour, it's good from almost every angle except the story but the game is very fun especially on co op offline because u can mock your partner when he is doing stupid things and dying for no reason! my rating 8,5\10 and now it's among my favourites!

share your thoughts too with your rating!!

ivaneiroX
8th Nov 2010, 12:37
Ok after completing LCGOL 100% and unlocked all the trophies i have to share my thoughts about it..this game is much better than tomb raider underworld for me and i liked it a lot! although the story is just chasing the bad guy but the gameplay ang graphics are beautiful!

gameplay is like underworld's which i liked it but lara hasn't weird moves like in underworld! the opponents are easy though even on hard and the puzzles are child's game to solve..there are 4 or 5 really overpowered weapons and the opponents just dying with a single shot, even the big ones aren't a challenge but some of the ingame challenges are difficult like the time trial at the forgotten gate level and the one in toxic swamp"s labyrinth not to take any poison damage!

the graphics are just beautiful and the places are carefully created with detail. the lightning is realistic and the explosions are big ones! there are levels near the end of the game with lava and the lava is like a real one! im impressed with what just an arcade game can do! it's now among my favourites!

The trophies\achievements are easy to earn and it's a good thing for the hunters and for those who want it completed 100%! (like me)

my overview: the game is different from the previous tomb raiders but it has the same delicious flavour, it's good from almost every angle except the story but the game is very fun especially on co op offline because u can mock your partner when he is doing stupid things and dying for no reason! my rating 8,5\10 and now it's among my favourites!

share your thoughts too with your rating!!

all this but the story to me isn't that bad just need more work and the voice actor too and it will be a nice story so i give to GOL 9/10 and i didn't play online so i think GOL with online it's a 10/10 :p but i need to wait to say that

Marluxia15
8th Nov 2010, 13:55
9. Superb graphics, story and sound come with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, but it is a bit too easy. Even with different levels of combat and a few tricky puzzles, I only give it a nine because for a classic Tomb Raider fan, the puzzles seem too easy. I'd like to see the DLC puzzles be incorporated IN the game.

Denis..
8th Nov 2010, 17:29
yea the puzzles were childish..although the game is good and the enemies are easy

angelus0901
8th Nov 2010, 18:31
I love the game. Got all achievements, weapons, relics and artifacts. 10/10!! :D

Denis..
9th Nov 2010, 08:45
10?? don't u think guys you overated it a bit? i can give a 10 to uncharted 2 or re5..but for gol? it is good ok but i expected more..maybe less powerful weapons?

Pyrofer
9th Nov 2010, 10:38
I expected a bit more variation on the puzzles. Maybe challenge tombs bigger than 10x10 inches! They should be BIG, you should be able to get lost in them.
only puzzle elements are pads and balls, thats it really. On and one odd pulling thing.
No keys, no real maze, no working out how to get somewhere complicated etc.
Far too boring and easy puzzles.
Still loved it though.

Denis..
9th Nov 2010, 23:04
agreed..the last 3 years it's damn easy..all of the tr games from cd are for children..

Pyrofer
10th Nov 2010, 12:08
I am really hoping the DLC comes out with some new puzzle features. If its just a bit pack of "roll the ball here, stand on that pad" problems its not going to be worth it.
Is it so hard to implement a Key and lever?
Do you remember using gears and cogs to make machinery turn so you could open a door?
Or aiming statues around and turning chairs and floor panels, pulling ropes, balancing on a see-saw etc.

Some of my best memories of Tomb Raider are exploring a sunken ship, almost not a single thing to shoot, but lots of complex things to work out. Put the brain to work!

Denis..
11th Nov 2010, 03:40
now u put me in my memories too!

i was stuck in tr4 once in the city of the dead and i surprised when i realise that they were actually 4 levels combined making one huge puzzle to solve! i was just lost! 4 entire complex levels and had no idea from which level to start or which item i need! ..i was 15 that time and now 21..but there are some things i can't forget in the old best tomb raider of all times! neither underworld or legend or anniversary can compare to anyone from the 1st tomb raiders in terms of difficulty and puzzles!