PDA

View Full Version : Playing Troubles

joshua_kotc
5th Nov 2010, 15:15
Like many others, I have trouble with making this game work. I bought and installed it from Steam.

I simply cannot play unless I turn my Firewall all the way off, play Steam in its offline mode, and turn my graphics down all the way.

That all being done, I have beaten the game on Easy and am working my way through to collect all the Riddles and trophies with nearly no troubles. I'm just not sure if GFWL is incompatible with Steam or what else to do.

Batgirling
5th Nov 2010, 16:41
Did you download the latest drivers for the game? Also did you check to see if your PC is compatible.

TheSchaef
5th Nov 2010, 23:01
I personally have downloaded all the latest everything, turned everything down, turned off firewall and anti-virus, disabled the Realtek audio, reset the My Documents folder, did the GFWL thing, checked integrity, uninstalled and reinstalled both from backup and from a completely new download.

Nothing has enabled this game to get past the splash screen for me. NOTHING.

joshua_kotc
6th Nov 2010, 08:08
Yes, my computer is compatible, even if it's a few years old. I just got a new graphics card, even. Sorry I don't have the stats on hand. I'll look them up and post later. As I said, I can play if the conditions are right, but otherwise no dice.