PDA

View Full Version : Gave co-op DLC 1 star out of 5

sonicr9
3rd Nov 2010, 07:41
On the 360 you can give things a rating of 1 to 5 stars and I gave this DLC 1 out of 5 in protest at Eidos' treatment of everyone.

Eidos are so far up their arses that they think they can go around and treat everyone like crap but totally forgetting that it is us the gamers who pay their wages and buy their games.

Ther has NEVER been an explanation on just what the hell they were doing over the Summer or why they have to release unfinished games.

They are a totally pathetic company. I have never had a response to any of my posts or PM's.

To Nemesis if he sees this: Companies shouldn't go around making promises and release dates they cant keep. They should say something like this "The game will have Co-op mode and we will release it when it is finished". They shouldn't make predictions or promises or give out release dates they know are impossible to keep. That is when we get angry is when they break those promises.

Keir
3rd Nov 2010, 11:26
Hi sonicr9. Thanks for your post - and for your recent PM too. I'll respond here so other people can see it too.

I'm sorry to read that you think we are up our own arses. As a representative of Eidos and someone who tries their best to make sure that fans/consumers of our games are happy that's upsetting and disappointing to read. However, I personally do understand why you are frustrated.

If you have a second I'd like to reassure that everyone at Crystal D, Eidos and Square Enix Europe genuinely care about LCGoL and the fans' experience with the game. There are people who have devoted over a year of their life, working insane hours to produce the game. I spent some time at Crystal recently and met them. People have continued to work their socks off to get the co-op out as well. I'm not a programmer (I'm the community manager) but I see both sides of the fence. Game development (and publishing) is an overwhelmingly complex process. I don't expect you as a consumer to understand that necessarily, but please believe me when I say that people are doing everything they can to ensure that the online co-op is available as soon as possible and is of the highest quality possible.

Beyond explaining that people are working dead hard to ensure the co-op is as good as possible, I'm not in a position to give out all the details as to why there has been such a delay but I hope my reassurances help appease you a little.

As soon as there is news on the online co-op I will make sure you guys hear it first. In the meantime, on behalf of everyone at Crystal D, Eidos and Square - thanks very much for your patience, it's much appreciated.

Denis..
3rd Nov 2010, 14:08
let me tell u the reason of the delay..its SE fault because CD was planning on releasing it on 28 (i bet it was all faulty and with many issues that time) but SE stopped eidos from releasing it because of the issues it had and then eidos said that about the delay. so believe me on that..eidos cames 2nd when it comes to lara now and SE rides the horse now..the delay is a good thing because of the issues that need to be fixed! also keir any news on the online co op update for ps3 or nothing so far? aw and sonic does this dlc giving more achievements? or nothing again?

sonicr9
3rd Nov 2010, 17:49
Keir what a load of crap that really is. Most pathetic excuse I have ever read in my life. You didn't answer a single thing. That was truly garbage.

You didn't answer a single thing.

First up you didn't tell me why they released a half finished game.

Secondly why it was so important to release it for Live's crap Summer Of Arcade.

Third why you gave out release dates you knew were impossible to keep.

Or Fourth just what you were doing over the summer.

Most pathetic response ever. Talk about skipping over the issuses.

sonicr9
3rd Nov 2010, 17:54
let me tell u the reason of the delay..its SE fault because CD was planning on releasing it on 28 (i bet it was all faulty and with many issues that time) but SE stopped eidos from releasing it because of the issues it had and then eidos said that about the delay. so believe me on that..eidos cames 2nd when it comes to lara now and SE rides the horse now..the delay is a good thing because of the issues that need to be fixed! also keir any news on the online co op update for ps3 or nothing so far? aw and sonic does this dlc giving more achievements? or nothing again?

What was that Denis did you say something?

I do not listen to the rantings of a Sony loving Fanboy who lies through his teeth.

"Oh I did not start the console argument on the last topic" Biggest lie I have ever herd. I only responded to your first post.

So once again tell me about playing co-op on "the greatest console in the world". Oh that is right you cant it is not out.:lol::lol:

ivaneiroX
3rd Nov 2010, 18:38

I do not listen to the rantings of a Sony loving Fanboy who lies through his teeth.

"Oh I did not start the console argument on the last topic" Biggest lie I have ever herd. I only responded to your first post.

So once again tell me about playing co-op on "the greatest console in the world". Oh that is right you cant it is not out.:lol::lol:

you can stop the consoles war thing? God... they give to us the co-op as soon as they can (i think) so stop with the co-op crap what do you want from they? you get everything before us (ps3 players) you now have the complete game with co-op and 1 DLC... you first get it incomplete because of your lovely xbox exclusivity but now you have it complete... (sorry for my english)

Edit: You see CD? this the kind of people you like to give exclusivity....

Nemesis296
3rd Nov 2010, 18:43
Keir what a load of crap that really is. Most pathetic excuse I have ever read in my life. You didn't answer a single thing. That was truly garbage.

Secondly why it was so important to release it for Live's crap Summer Of Arcade.

Most pathetic response ever. Talk about skipping over the issuses.

Since I was mentioned in the OP I'll say a few things in response...

Do not take this as a fanboy defensive response blah blah blah...but what Keir said is most definitely true. I'm sure that there are people at CD that slave away for hours, days, weeks, months, years...trying to perfect the games that we gamers get to pay petty change for. Those hours which in some cases cause them to lose time spent with those that they love and lose sleep over annoying issues. While it may end of being (I have no idea) that they had more than ample amounts of time to develop this game, how do you know that? Were you in the office of CD and saw people playing ping pong and browsing Internet sites 24/7 all summer? My guess is probably not. Making an accusation like "Just what were you doing over the summer" is pretty harsh in my opinion, because you have absolutely no proof that they were slacking off. It's not unheard of for company's to delay product releases (I'm looking at you Gran Turismo 5...), the fact that they released the single player without co-op means that it wasn't quite finished. Haven't you ever worked hard on something and then 2 days before a huge project is due realized that some problem was going to prevent you from getting it done on time? I'm sure that you could probably find an example. No one is perfect here, including myself.

Second, your opinion on the LIVE Summer of Arcade does not seem to warrant a response from Eidos or CD. Your opinion is your own, and you are full-well entitled to it. I think you're just trying to pick a fight because you're frustrated about the lack of the online co-op.

Third, would you have rathered that they delayed the game for 6 months to finish the online co-op to release it all at once? They probably made an executive decision to include local co-op and put the online down the road. As long as they fulfill their promise, *who cares* when it happens? If they say it will happen on a certain date without a notice of a delay, then yes I would agree with you that it would be pretty poor on their part to do something like that. But that's not what happened here, and I've said that until I'm blue in the face.

Fourth, how do you know that they "knew the release dates were impossible to keep?" Again, you're assuming that CD/Eidos is intentionally screwing its customers over. I'm not saying they aren't, and I'm not saying they are. I am saying that it seems wrong to instigate that without just cause or proof.

You can take this as a defense of CD/Eidos if you want to, bottom line is your post just sounds like you want someone or something to take the fall for your misery as a gamer. The points you make could seem valid, but with no basis for the allegations on proof, I don't see how anyone is going to cave to your feelings bud, sorry.

Terminal Meltdown
3rd Nov 2010, 19:45
As soon as there is news on the online co-op I will make sure you guys hear it first. In the meantime, on behalf of everyone at Crystal D, Eidos and Square - thanks very much for your patience, it's much appreciated.

The PC version is the only info I need to hear. :) You're welcome.

And, send thanks from me to CD for the game. Great work.

Pulse
3rd Nov 2010, 22:48
Let's just all totally give every TR related thing a terrible score out of protest. Surely it will make them make much more of their very poorly recieved games!

Denis..
4th Nov 2010, 01:08

ok that's enough boy! or u gonna keep your console war crap out of the forum or you gonna get reported!
as for co op believe it or not im already playing it with my boyfriend!
i don't understand you and always attacking to me..i was explaining to you about the delay and not attacking to you neither saying anything about ps3 or xbox got it? all i asked is if u xbox players got new achievements to unlock with the dlc ok?

GoranAgar
4th Nov 2010, 09:30
Console Wars. It is two one-eyed guys fighting about whether it is better to be blind in the left eye or rather the right. :p

Keir
4th Nov 2010, 10:13

I'm sorry you think that's crap. I'm actually doing my best to answer your points. I was and am being genuine.

We didn't release a half-finished game. You can play through the single player campaign which is a good six or more hours depending on how fast you go and how much you collect. You can also play through in local co-op, which is awesome and offers more hours of fun. If you don't have any friends that are nearby and want to play then it won't be too long until you can play online :thumbsup:

Microsoft really loved LCGoL and it was a great honour for the game to be given a spot in Summer of Arcade. It has always showcased the very best digital games available.

Game development is extremely complicated. Although the delay is very distressing, I think it's fair to point out LCGoL wouldn't be the first game in the world to be delayed in one way or another. That's by no means a justification, I was just trying to make the point that computer game development isn't as easy as some may think. As destructoid.com journalist Nick Chester said in response to a comment (http://www.destructoid.com/online-co-op-patch-for-lara-croft-xbla-coming-next-week) on his recent article:

Developers don't just type "Online Play FTW," and then drop that into some code. There are a lot of things to consider, including extensive testing, etc. It doesn't just happen "instantly." I agree that it would have been nice for this to be available at launch, but it clearly didn't happen for whatever reason, likely because they weren't getting it working properly and wanted to make it "right" rather than throw out a crappy product.

When the dates were given out there was every intention to hit them. Sadly events lead to a delay. The delay was regrettable but we wanted to make sure the online co-op experience was of the highest quality possible.

The team at Crystal were working really hard to get the online co-op out and to a really high standard.

jayjay119
4th Nov 2010, 12:39
GoL being release earlier on 360 for me isn't a jarring point, it's just a simple way of SE getting an honest chance to earn more popularity as the summer of Arcade is a big thing and heavily promotes it's games.

The PS3/PC users weren't missing out on anything, and neither were the 360 users because, and Kier will have to varify this for me because I am not sure, GoL's release was pushed forward for the summer of arcade, the PS3 and PC versions were not released late to favour the 360 and nothing was exclusive to 360 in the long run like TRU's DLC. But because of this early release the co-op was not ready, 360 customers actually got something more, earlier than everyone else and yet some still complain. Would you rather have had nothing and it be released at the same time as the PS3 and PC versions?

What confuses me slightly is, given the time inbetween the 360 release and the rest why the co-op was still not ready to go on all platforms at the same time but as online co-op is not a big thing for me, that is not a sticking point either.

Personally I do think Eidos/ Sci were money grabbers, and as a production company with soul responsibility over the franchises it did a lot of things I diagreed with, particularly with TR, but that's down to the big wigs not people like Kier (I don't think:scratch:) so it's wrong to blame him for something that is beyond his peramiters in the company. Also this situation has somewhat changed ince the SE aquisition, the elgongated development time for TR9 just goes to show this, if Eidos were in the situation it was not so long ago my guess is TR9 would be very near a release right now, which is isn't and by the lack of news I'd say won't be for a while.

superbegita
4th Nov 2010, 13:18
ok that's enough boy! or u gonna keep your console war crap out of the forum or you gonna get reported!
as for co op believe it or not im already playing it with my boyfriend!
i don't understand you and always attacking to me..i was explaining to you about the delay and not attacking to you neither saying anything about ps3 or xbox got it? all i asked is if u xbox players got new achievements to unlock with the dlc ok?

Sonic if i am right i would have already advertise you isn't? what do you search? provoc war console? or wrath in general? They is enought of problèms here i think for not to add fuel on the fire!

So for respond to you Denis no there are not new achievements to unlock after what my friends told me

Denis..
4th Nov 2010, 15:08
Console Wars. It is two one-eyed guys fighting about whether it is better to be blind in the left eye or rather the right. :p

well at least you can see here that i'm not the one who started it! and for your reply begita to my question thanks sweety! as for you keir..why are you answer to that guy anyway?! it's not like he would understand! as for gol even without online co op yet as i said im already playing it on multiplayer with my boyfriend and we were laughing so much with the game especially at chompy because i wanted to kill all the magicians on the columns for the relic (yes i'm going for the tomb raider trophy) and he was running in front of me like a chicken to avoid chompy..so far on fiery depths level the game is just awesome! 9.5\10 and you remember guys i was the one who was talking about glitches and stuff..it was ok without a single glitch and so fun when u playing with someone! especially when he is a nice friend..or your boyfriend. aw he found it awesome too!

sonicr9
4th Nov 2010, 20:07
Keir once again you have said nothing.

Except to prove my point that all you cared about was money and not the fans who buy your games.

All you lot cared about was releaseing a half finished game for Lives pointless waste of space Arcade Of Summer and to getting as much money as you could and to hell with the fans.

"Oh look there is Lives arcade of summer. To hell with the fans lets release it for that and cream those suckers for as much as we can on an unfinished game" PS3 owners can go bye bye.

That game should never have been released until it was all finished.

Raider126
4th Nov 2010, 20:44
Keir has already given the answers twice, I thought they were pretty good reasons. I've talked to some of the people who work at Eidos and Crystal, believe me they do care about the fans. If they didn't there wouldn't be a community manager or any competitions or podcasts! I've been interested in game who's companies that doesn't have that much respect for the fans, it's very different!

The game wasn't half finished, it was released with full game in single player mode and offline multiplayer.I'm looking forward to the online co-op too, I haven't talked to my brother in a long time and he's far way, I look forward to playing a game with him again. In the meantime we will just have to wait, I know it's not what you wanted to do, but PC and PS3 will come, (PC gamer here btw). Crystal and Eidos hasn't forgotten about us.

Shadowgate
4th Nov 2010, 21:04
Bottom line why was the info that co op online would not included given to the media. I would not of minded waiting for the co op if I knew about it before I bought the game.......

marcvb
4th Nov 2010, 22:41
If Eidos cares so much about the games I don't know why they don't fire CD, they did it with Core for a lot less...

All this things make me really loose interest in this games

Treeble
5th Nov 2010, 00:39
It depends on what you mean by "a lot less", of course. AOD was a commercial failure (no matter how part of the fanbase likes or feels nostalgic about it). LCGOL, despite all the odds, was anything but that.

Terminal Meltdown
5th Nov 2010, 01:17

uhhh, yeah he did.

Except to prove my point that all you cared about was money and not the fans who buy your games.

Do you really think people are going to work for YOU for free? When they made this game, they (the coders) have to eat too, so they can have energy to program these codes, and to feed their families.

I find it rather amusing that such a measley $15 means so much to you. How can you even afford a machine to play this game on? You would probably be dead of a heart attack if they charged $50 bucks for this game.

I can't count how many times I've been ripped off by EA at $50 bucks a pop for totally worthless POS games.

All you lot cared about was releaseing a half finished game for Lives pointless waste of space Arcade Of Summer and to getting as much money as you could and to hell with the fans.

"Oh look there is Lives arcade of summer. To hell with the fans lets release it for that and cream those suckers for as much as we can on an unfinished game" PS3 owners can go bye bye.

In case you haven't noticed, Microsoft is a very large corporation. What Microsoft wants, Microsoft gets... I'd say Eidos made way more $$$ from Microsoft then from ... like yourself, Sonic.

I say, go to college and get a degree in business. Then come back and tell us what you've learned. Tell us how you pay your bills, feed your family and yourself.

Denis..
5th Nov 2010, 04:53
enough..enough please! he doesn't like the game? aw well so what? are we going to continue on replying to his immature thoughts hm? i can't believe he was the one saying we have the online and you ps3 users don't..not he is attacking to the game he first defended? omg

Bayonetta
19th Nov 2010, 00:48

That game should never have been released until it was all finished.
You're one angry gamer. :hmm:

LilPres
10th Feb 2011, 03:09
sonic u disgust me :) just noticed some lame private messages from him he is trying to console war with me lol, then he blocked me before i could reply. He is fake and gay. Probably a 12 year old that just needs an ass whippen ;) (PC FTW, cant beat 6 cores on any console!!)

Andy64
13th Feb 2011, 20:41
On the 360 you can give things a rating of 1 to 5 stars and I gave this DLC 1 out of 5 in protest at Eidos' treatment of everyone.

Eidos are so far up their arses that they think they can go around and treat everyone like crap but totally forgetting that it is us the gamers who pay their wages and buy their games.

Don't think there is the same passion and love for Tomb Raider from the makers out there anymore that was present when Core/Eidos used to work together on the games. The CD/Eidos combo have been great in keeping the series going and I do like them but they won't ever really understand Lara and TR truely.

As for the DLC for GOL don't think it is so bad and a little patience wouldn't hurt. X-box users have had much better treatment than what PS3/PC TR gamers have got as far as GOL and recent DLC's go so it's them who really do have most right to moan.